Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Hudson (29) brother of Jennifer Hudson, was found shot to death

Jason Hudson (29) brother of Jennifer Hudson, was found shot to death

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/10/28/Jason_Hudson_(29)_brother_of_Oscar_winning_actress _Jennifer_Hudson,_was_found_shot_to_death_along_wi th_his_mother

Report: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Killed On South Side
    CHICAGO (CBS) ― The mother of Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Hudson was reportedly found dead in a South Side home.

Two adults were found fatally shot at a home at 70th Street and Yale Avenue at 3 p.m. Friday, authorities said. A representative of the family's church, Pleasant Gift Missionary Baptist, confirms that 57-year-old Darnell Hudson was one of the victims. The other victim was a man, the Chicago Fire Department said.

The shooting is believed to be domestic.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's office has been notified of the deaths of two people from a home at the address, but additional information is unavailable.

Hudson became famous after appearing on "American Idol" in 2004. She went on to win an Oscar for her performance in the film "Dreamgirls."

Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mother Killed (Shot)

How sad. My god. I don't know what I would do if my mom was murdered.

RIP Darnell (isn't that a guy name)

[quote author=aprilcarter29 link=topic=16892.msg1053724#msg1053724 date=1224886292]
    How sad. My god. I don't know what I would do if my mom was murdered.

RIP Darnell (isn't that a guy name)
    [/quote]

I thought the same thing.

from TMZ.com seems her brother was the other person killed

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Jennifer Hudson's mother was one of two victims shot and killed in Chicago earlier today.

A neighbor tells TMZ the other victim was Jennifer's brother Jason. A cousin who lived nearby discovered the bodies.

We're told the two bodies were found dead on the scene at 2:44 PM. When the fire department arrived and discovered the bodies, police were brought in and the home was declared a crime scene.

A call to Hudson's rep was not immediately returned.

Story developing ...

How sad. I wonder if she would have died had she been there. Scary.

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

How very sad. :(

Jennifer and Mom, Darnell (RIP):

Poor family.  RIP
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

Poor Jennifer. I hope they find her little nephew unharmed. RIP to them both.

Aw, how sad. Poor Jennifer. How awful must it be to lose her mom and brother at the same time?

RIP Darnell and Jason
    Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

One of two gunshot victims found in a Chicago home Friday is believed to be a relative of Jennifer Hudson, and police are searching for a 7-year-old boy and a man.

&quot;We are handling a double-homicide,&quot; says Chicago police spokesman Officer John Mirabelli. &quot;Those [two] victims sustained fatal gunshot wounds.&quot;

He declined to comment on several media reports that one of the victims was Hudson's mother.

The victims – a man and a woman – were found by officers in a South Side home listed in the name of Hudson's mother. Police say the two deceased people appeared to have been involved in a shooting related to a domestic disturbance.

&quot;We are searching for a young boy from that address who is missing,&quot; says Mirabelli. &quot;We are seeking to interview the adult male.&quot;

The boy was identifed as Julian King, who is believed to be the grandson of the female shooting victim. An Amber Alert has been issued for him.

The man, identified as William Balfour, 27, may be driving either a white Chevrolet Suburban (Illinois X584859) or a teal Chrysler Concorde four-door with the left front headlight hanging down (Illinois 332K823).

A rep for the American Idol alum/actress did not immediately comment.

Hudson, 27, recently got engaged to boyfriend David Otunga. The actress stars in the current film, The Secret Life of Bees.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

wow.&nbsp; thats horrendous.&nbsp; and her nephew is missing.&nbsp; wtf.&nbsp; i hope he's found safe.&nbsp; kinda leads me to believe that they were murdered so someone could take the kid.&nbsp; i wonder if there was a custody battle going on...

rip darnell and jason.&nbsp; :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=16892.msg1053956#msg1053956 date=1224895143]
    wow.&nbsp; thats horrendous.&nbsp; and her nephew is missing.&nbsp; wtf.&nbsp; i hope he's found safe.&nbsp; kinda leads me to believe that they were murdered so someone could take the kid.&nbsp; i wonder if there was a custody battle going on...

rip darnell and jason.&nbsp; :(
    [/quote]

I wonder the same thing.&nbsp; :|
    Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

i guess we'll find out.&nbsp; :|

if thats the case, did the person really think they would get away with it?&nbsp;
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=16892.msg1053964#msg1053964 date=1224895457]
    i guess we'll find out.&nbsp; &nbsp;:|

if thats the case, did the person really think they would get away with it?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I honestly think in domestic situations, people don't even think that far.
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

[quote author=wickedgirl link=topic=16892.msg1053977#msg1053977 date=1224895808]
    I honestly think in domestic situations, people don't even think that far.
    [/quote]

true.&nbsp; people get really heated when it comes to those situations.&nbsp; :|

Jennifers sister is missing too

UPDATE 8:35 PM ET: Lost in all this is Jennifer's sister Julia, mother of the missing 7-year-old. We're told she works as a bus driver in Chicago. Her employer told us she worked her shift today. She hasn't been seen since.

The boy

Man they are looking for

God, it just gets worse by the minute. Seriously, my heart is hurting for Jennifer. I cannot imagine what she is going through.

I didn't even hear about this until just now, on MSNBC.

How horrifying. It's bad enough to lose a family member, but to have all of this going on?! Mom and brother dead, nephew and sister missing....I feel so bad for Jennifer, I can't even imagine.

update

Here is the latest on this horrific story:

- It was Jennifer's older sister, Julia Hudson, who made the gruesome discovery after returning home from her day shift at a bus company.

- She summoned the police and also reportedly told them that her seven-year-old son was missing.

- Authorities immediately issued an all points bulletin for the missing boy, Julian King.

- Police said the youngster might have been abducted from the home and could be in the company of William Balfour, a suspect in the double homicide, who should be considered armed and dangerous. Balfour is also Julian's step-father.

- Balfour reportedly stole Jason Hudson's car on Friday, a white Chevrolet Suburban truck.

- On his MySpace page, Balfour described himself as a &quot;proud parent&quot; and played up his links to Jennifer Hudson. &quot;I might as well let you all know that Jennifer Hudson is my wife's sister. I'm proud of her and wish her nothing but the best in what she do. But don't hit me up asking about her, other than that it's on!&quot; he wrote.

- Balfour is currently on parole after serving six and a half years for attempted murder. He also has a conviction for possession of a stolen motor vehicle.

- The ex-con was taken into custody by police late Friday.

- Balfour was not co-operating with investigators and was not disclosing the whereabouts of the seven-year-old boy.

Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mother, Brother Killed (Shot)

In front of the white two-story home barred with yellow police line tape, where Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother were fatally shot Friday, neighbors and fans stood in shock. Amidst the downpour and lightning on Chicago's south side, bystanders continued to stare and watch police and forensic service officials work to find more information relating to the deaths of mother Darnell Donerson and brother Jason Hudson.

As neighborhood residents stood in the rain on the dimly lit street among boarded up buildings, everyone was quiet – staring in the direction of Hudson's childhood home later that evening. The police tape kept bystanders away from the house, forcing people to gather at the end of the street in front of Hudson's high school Yale, just a half block from the house.

&quot;Jennifer always used to beg her mom to get out of that neighborhood, but she owned that house and she would never leave,&quot; said a neighbor.

One bystander stood with her hood over her head, praying and making the sign of the cross as she witnessed the scene of the murders.

Another bystander was in shock. &quot;It was such a nice family,&quot; she said. &quot;I was shocked that somebody could ever do something like that to such a sweet lady. [Donerson] was quiet, but very nice,&quot; she said. &quot;She kept to herself and stayed in her house a lot.&quot;

But the neighbor did say that she was friendly with everyone in the neighborhood. &quot;She hosted a block party for our whole neighborhood a few months back,&quot; the neighbor said. &quot;She provided food and she planned the whole event, she was so nice. She would do anything for anyone.&quot;

Although reports claim that the gunshots were fired early in the morning, around 8 a.m., neighbors say no one knew anything was going on until about 2:45 p.m., when police were called to the scene.

As for missing 7-year-old Julian King, the son of Hudson's sister Julia, neighbors say he is a happy, bubbly child. &quot;Julian is a sweet boy and is always laughing,&quot; said a source. &quot;He's a very generous child.&quot;

An Amber Alert has been issued for King, who police said might have been in the company of William Balfour, Julia's estranged husband, when he reportedly fled in either a Chevy Suburban or a Chrysler Concord, CBS News reports. The four-door teal green Chrysler was found overnight.

Balfour, 27, was arrested and put into custody on Friday but has not been charged in the deaths.

According to reports, Jennifer Hudson returned to Chicago on Friday night after learning the news of her mother and brother's deaths.

Jennifer Hudson's nephew missing after slayings
    music-20081024-Chicago.Bodies.Hudson

Police are seen near a home on Chicago's South Side, Friday, Oct. 24, 2008, ...
    2 hours ago
    Loading... Must Read?Thank YouYes&nbsp; &nbsp; 1213

CHICAGO — Authorities investigating the shooting deaths of Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother were searching for the missing 7-year-old nephew of the Oscar-winning actress.

A suspect in the deaths was in custody Friday night, but young Julian King had not been seen since the bodies of Darnell Donerson, 57, and Jason Hudson, 29, were found Friday afternoon.

A family member entering Donerson's South Side home Friday afternoon found the woman shot on the living room floor. Officers later found Hudson shot in the bedroom, police said.

At least one of the victims suffered defensive wounds, said authorities who described the shooting as domestic violence.

William Balfour, a man suspected in the deaths, was arrested Friday but had not been charged, law enforcement sources told the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times.

Police spokeswoman Monique Bond said investigators were talking to &quot;a number of people in custody&quot; but she declined to elaborate. An Amber Alert issued Friday said Balfour was a suspect in the double homicide.

Balfour was married to Hudson's sister, Julia, for several years but they were separated, said his mother, Michele Balfour. She said Donerson had ordered him to move out of the family's home last winter.

Authorities would not confirm the identity of Julian King's parents, but family friends said he is Julia Hudson's son. There was no immediate word on the identity of the missing boy's father.

Jennifer Hudson's personal publicist, Lisa Kasteler, said the family wanted privacy.

Records from the Illinois Department of Corrections show Balfour, 27, is on parole and spent nearly seven years in prison for attempted murder, vehicular hijacking and possessing a stolen vehicle. Public records show one of Balfour's addresses as the home where Donerson and Jason Hudson were shot.

The Cook County medical examiner's office said autopsies were being conducted Saturday morning, but results would not be available until later in the day.

The tragedy comes as Jennifer Hudson, who grew up in Chicago, continues to reach new heights in her career. Her song &quot;Spotlight&quot; is No. 1 on Billboard's Hot R&amp;B/Hip-Hop charts and her recently released, self-tiled debut album has been a top seller. She was featured in this year's blockbuster &quot;Sex and the City&quot; movie and is also starring in the hit film &quot;The Secret Life of Bees.&quot;

She won an Academy Award for best supporting actress in 2007 for her role in &quot;Dreamgirls.&quot; In an interview last year with Vogue, Hudson credited her mother with encouraging her to audition for &quot;American Idol,&quot; which launched her career.

The singer, whose father died when she was a teenager, described herself as very close to her family. In a recent AP interview she said her family, which includes older siblings Julia and Jason, helped keep her grounded.

&quot;My faith in God and my family, they're very realistic and very normal, they're not into the whole limelight kind of thing, so when I go home to Chicago that's just another place that's home,&quot; she said. &quot;I stand in line with everybody else, or, when I go home to my mom I'm just Jennifer, (so she says), 'You get up and you take care of your own stuff.' And I love that; I don't like when people tell you everything you want to hear, I want to hear the truth, you know what I mean.&quot;

Hudson recently announced her engagement to David Otunga, best known for his stint on VH1's reality show &quot;I Love New York.&quot;

Hudson's representatives would not disclose her whereabouts Friday. She had been scheduled to appear Monday in Los Angeles to collect an ensemble cast honor at the Hollywood Awards for &quot;The Secret Life of Bees&quot; with co-stars including Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah and Dakota Fanning.

These articles are really confusing.&nbsp; So it's her nephew who's missing, but who are his parents?&nbsp; how old was the dead brother?

Also:

Davis-Balfour said she had asked police to allow her 15-year-old daughter, Sensuous, to talk with William Balfour, but said authorities would not let her speak to him.

SENSUOUS?

I just logged in to mention the Sensuous name.&nbsp;

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=16892.msg1054683#msg1054683 date=1224955875]
    These articles are really confusing.&nbsp; So it's her nephew who's missing, but who are his parents?&nbsp; how old was the dead brother?
    [/quote]

Okay, Jennifer's sister is the mother of the missing boy.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    Here is a family pix:

This is Jennifer's sister, Julia, with her son (missing) and her husband who is now in custody.&nbsp; I can't get over how the son is looking at his step dad here. :(

However, the scumbag husband who shot everyone is NOT the father of the missing boy.

House where it happened...

Her poor mother was shot in the head, found in the living room...

And her brother, Jason (29), was found in a bedroom, shot in the chest...

This whole thing was a dispute over a car the husband, apparently, sold without permission.&nbsp; Look at the caption on Jason's picture...Julia wrote that after her bitch ass husband sold the car.

Everyone is talking about Jennifer but I wonder how her sister feels knowing her husband shot her mother and brother to death and, most likely, has somehow harmed her son.&nbsp; Can't even imagine the hell she is in.

Jesus, poor kid.&nbsp; I hope that he is found safe.&nbsp;

Thread Information