Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra LaMar missing since march 16th,2012

Sierra LaMar missing since march 16th,2012

we lost this one in the crash.

Police find car linked to disappearance of California girl Sierra LaMar
    Authorities have found a red Volkswagen Jetta with a distinctive black hood that surveillance video links to the disappearance of 15-year-old California girl Sierra LaMar.

No other details regarding where or how the car was found, or who owns, it were immediately available, as the search for LaMar continues two months after she vanished.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, in releasing a photo of a car similar to the one sought in the investigation, told reporters Monday that police were able to identify the vehicle based on a combination of witness statements and an investigative review of video surveillance sources, KTVU-TV reported.

The vehicle was spotted on March 16 near the place where LaMar disappeared, though it is not known if the girl was riding inside it, police said.

"(It was seen) near her mom's house and near where some of the evidence was found. We're not going to say exactly where the car was observed," Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza told reporters.

Police said the family had been asked about the car but did not know who the owner was.

Meanwhile, crime lab technicians continue to analyze possible evidence found during the search for the teen. Cardoza said they've determined a handcuff box and used condoms found within a mile-and-a-half of her home are not associated with the case.

Anyone with information on the girl's disappearance is being urged to contact sheriff's investigators at (408) 808-4500 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 808-4431.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/08...est=latestnews

her twitter https://twitter.com/#!/cccairuh
    website http://findsierralamar.com/
    facebooks http://www.facebook.com/Find.Sierra.LaMar
    http://www.facebook.com/SierraLaMar
    http://www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

Would suck if it was a neighbor kid's car and the police tear it apart for no reason.

I'm surprised she didn't tweet about it, how can one person tweet as much in one day? She was constantly on it!

What does that matter? Who cares how many times she tweets ...the girl is missing ...

Suspect arrested for murder and kidnapping of Sierra La Mar

MORGAN HILL, Calif. — A 21-year-old suspect was arrested and charged with one count of murder and one count of kidnapping Monday in connection with the disappearance of Morgan Hill teen Sierra La Mar, according to authorities.

KTVU confirmed Monday evening that Santa Clara sheriff's deputies were holding 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres in custody as a suspect in the case.

Garcia-Torres, a resident of San Martin, is the owner of the red VW Jetta that authorities sought and seized in connection with the case on May 8th.

Garcia-Torres was being questioned about the disappearance of the 15-year old girl from Morgan Hill.

Shortly after 10 p.m. when KTVU broke the story, officials confirmed that Garcia-Torres was booked on one charge of murder and one charge of kidnapping.

At the Santa Clara County sheriff's office Monday night, there were high hopes that the arrest is the break investigators have needed to solve the disappearance of Sierra La Mar.

A KTVU camera crew was at the Safeway store on Tenant Avenue in Morgan Hill at around 6 p.m. when sheriff's detectives took Garcia-Torres, a store employee, into custody.

KTVU followed the detectives to the sheriff's headquarters in San Jose and were outside at around 9 p.m. when detectives took Torres to the main county jail.

Sources tell KTVU detectives questioned Garcia-Torres for two hours about the missing teenager, trying to find out her location.

Authorities were mum when pressed for more details.

Sources said there is some DNA evidence linking Garcia-Torres to the clothing found in Sierra La Mar's backpack.

We have also been told that Garcia-Torres has been under around-the-clock surveillance since he was identified, including at his job and at his San Martin home.

The sheriff's office was declining to comment on the arrest or provide any details about what Garcia-Torres has said including whether he knows Sierra La Mar.

The sheriff's department said it plans to release more details at a news conference Tuesday.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...ar-case/nPBX3/

e sister of the Morgan Hill man arrested for the kidnapping and killing of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar says authorities have the wrong man.

"It's not him," said Lucero Garcia, whose younger brother 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested Monday, and charged with Sierra's disappearance and presumed death.

Lucero Garcia, 26 called the arrest "unfair." She said she realizes how it sounds when family members of criminal suspects speak out on their behalf, but "I honestly feel they don't have enough evidence to convict him."

Isovet Martinez, Lucero Garcia boyfriend, said authorities are pointing at Garcia-Torres "because of his image, but image isn't anything." He said Garcia's family feel sorry for

Sierra's family and send them their best wishes.

Garcia-Torres has a wife and 1-1/2-year-old daughter, and his wife is three months pregnant, his sister said.

"It feels like we're in a movie right now, an unfair movie," Lucero Garcia said.

I guess the sister did not pay attention to the news ....HELLO!!!!!!!there is DNA evidence what more do they want ........

Sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

she is so pretty ,,,,,,,RIP

They know for sure she's dead?
    They found a body in southern california yesterday of a 16 year old girl they are speculating might be her

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    They know for sure she's dead?
    They found a body in southern california yesterday of a 16 year old girl they are speculating might be her

Stop it with the long absences!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

haha i didnt even know the forum was back up!
    I was googling Sierra since they found a body and mds came up and when i clicked, it worked lol

'Killer' abducted missing Sierra LaMar, 15, at random as she walked to school, say police as her DNA is found in his bag
    Cheerleader went missing on March 16 after failing to turn up to bus stop
    Suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres owns red car caught on surveillance camera near her house on day of disappearance
    Charged with one count of murder and one count of kidnapping

A man was in custody on Tuesday on suspicion of murder and kidnapping after his DNA was found in the bag of a missing girl whose abduction was believed to be a random act of violence, authorities said.

In addition, the DNA of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar was found in the red Volkswagen Jetta of suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said.

The victim and suspect, who is from San Martin, California, just a few miles from Sierra's home in Morgan Hill, did not know each other, she said.

'We believe this is the worst type of crime, a stranger abduction of a young girl,' the sheriff said at a news conference attended by Sierra's family.

Investigators found Sierra's pink, Juicy Couture-brand handbag with clothing and a cell phone along the side of the road within two miles of her home shortly after her mother reported her missing in March.

Garcia-Torres, 21, was linked to the case after his DNA - taken during a previous assault arrest - was linked to clothing found in the bag, authorities said. He was not charged in the previous case.

He is the owner of a red car caught on surveillance camera near her home on March 16, the day of her disappearance, which was seized by police.

Garcia-Torres faced two hours of questioning when he was arrested on Monday - more than two months after Sierra's disappearance prompted hundreds of volunteers to turn out for searches and authorities to conduct more than 12,000 hours of investigation.

Sierra was last seen leaving her home in Morgan Hill to go to school on March 16. Authorities believe she was kidnapped while walking to a school bus stop.

Her mother, Marlene LaMar, said the family is holding out hope that the teen is still alive. She pleaded with Garcia-Torres to disclose her whereabouts.

'Please, please give the information that you have to lead us to Sierra to help end this nightmare,' LaMar said.

Laura Torres, the mother of Garcia-Torres, said her son was not involved in the abduction. Torres told the San Jose Mercury News that she asked him before he was arrested if he had any contact with Sierra and he said no.

Torres also said her son called her after his arrest and said he needed her to be strong to help take care of his wife and child.

Garcia-Torres had been under 24-hour surveillance since March 28. His vehicle was seized on April 7. The DNA evidence used to arrest him also links him to at least one assault in March 2009, Smith said.

The incident involved a Taser, and the victim managed to get away, Assistant Sheriff Pete Rode said, declining to provide more specifics.

Garcia-Torres declined an interview request by The Associated Press, and it was unknown if he has retained a lawyer, said Sgt. Jose Cardoza, a sheriff's office spokesman.

Authorities had other suspects under surveillance while investigating the disappearance of Sierra but focused on Garcia-Torres after he was interviewed several times prior to his arrest at a Morgan Hill supermarket where he used to work, Smith said.

'Right now, we believe he is the only person responsible for the kidnapping and murder of Sierra,' Smith said. 'These are very difficult cases to prosecute a homicide when you have not found the victim, but it has been done and I think we have adequate facts, in fact, strong facts to believe that she has been murdered.'

Marlene LaMar isn't convinced that was the fate of her daughter.

'I'm not giving up hope. Her body hasn't been found,' she said. 'I believe there's a reason why she wasn't found.'

Early in the investigation, a Santa Clara County deputy quickly put together the pieces on the disappearance that helped shape the course of the probe that involved about 100 local, state and federal officers, Rode said.

'He said, "This is not a normal missing child, this is not a runaway, this is not she's over at the mall with her boyfriend, she's with a relative,"' Rode said. 'Some instinctive thing just kicked in in him and we went from there.'

Garcia-Torres wasn't arrested after his DNA first surfaced in March for numerous reasons, including the possibility that he might lead authorities to Sierra, Rode said.

'At some point, I'm sure he became aware that we were watching him,' Rode said, noting that Garcia-Torres was monitored going to work, at home and hanging out with friends.

Garcia-Torres' arrest came after lab results determined Sierra's DNA was in his car, Rode said.

'You don't want to lose him, but at what point in time do you risk having him flee and leave the state and possibly the country?' Rode said. 'We did not want to take that chance.'

Garcia-Torres could be arraigned as soon as Thursday.

Since Sierra disappeared, volunteers and authorities have searched fields, open spaces and reservoirs near Morgan Hill and plan to so again.

The KlaasKids Foundation, founded by Marc Klaas, whose 12-year-old daughter Polly was kidnapped from her Petaluma home and murdered in 1993, has been organizing volunteer searches on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

In April the desperate hunt for the missing cheerleader was thwarted by an internet hacker, who used her Twitter account to write: ‘By the way, we do punch’ followed by an expletive.

The cryptic hoax message sparked outrage from some of the more than 4,500 people who follow her at twitter.com/cccairuh and was quickly removed.

Later the search continued underwater after sonar images revealed suspicious-looking objects in a local reservoir.

Because of the murky and dangerous conditions, and two feet of visibility, divers had to be strapped to police on land by rope.

Divers, who went as deep as 60-feet, also searched the nearby Uvas Reservoir in Santa Clara County.

As well as the red car the search has turned up an empty 'handcuff' box and two used condoms, found by a search volunteer within 1.5miles of where the pretty teen's phone and purse were found, days after she disappeared.

The 15-year-old's mother Marlene, father Steve and sister Danielle have set up a website dedicated to finding the cheerleader.

Mrs LaMar told ABC7 news before the arrest that her daughter's disappearance has been weighing heavily on her.

'As each day goes on it's agonising,' she said. 'I'm definitely suffering sleep deprivation but I need to focus on the belief that Sierra is going to come forward.'

Police believed Sierra had been kidnapped as she did not have a history of running away and no family problems. Interviews with friends and a search of her computer also yielded no information indicating she had fled.

Her disappearance has sparked an outpouring of support from the local community and received nation-wide press coverage. San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith also joined the search.

Speaking at a press conference over the Easter weekend, Mr LaMar, a computer engineer at a tech startup in Sunnyvale, expressed his gratitude at the overwhelming support the family had received from local residents. 'Everyone's been so generous,' he said.

The family launched the Help Us Find Sierra LaMar website, which describes Sierra as a 'confident teenager who stands up for not only herself but others as well'.

It also hosts a gallery of pictures and allows friends to post messages to Sierra.

'The world has seemed so out of balance since you’ve been gone,' wrote Jenna Wondka. 'I’m missing you more and more every day, you never leave my mind. You’re too young and innocent for this to be happening. You’ve always been there for me and I’ll always be here for you until you’re found and anytime after that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-school.html

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    she asked him before he was arrested if he had any contact with Sierra and he said no.
    well, that solves everything there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Grrrr. Again, some people should be denied Due Process. This motherfucker is one of them.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

We know this one wasn't going to end well.

Hopefully this shit head is tied to other assaults in the area (I read of one already) and is tortured in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    We know this one wasn't going to end well.

Hopefully this shit head is tied to other assaults in the area (I read of one already) and is tortured in prison.
    This is one of the assaults that caught my attention.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...aughter-willow

It was in that area and a red car was used. This would have a few days after Sierra disappeared, which doesn't bode well. There were also reports (unconfirmed) that urine was found on the clothes in Sierra's backpack which could be explained by the use of a stun gun. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pywackett View Post
    This is one of the assaults that caught my attention.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...aughter-willow

It was in that area and a red car was used. This would have a few days after Sierra disappeared, which doesn't bode well. There were also reports (unconfirmed) that urine was found on the clothes in Sierra's backpack which could be explained by the use of a stun gun. Very sad.
    so the clothes in her backpack were the ones she wore that day, not a change of clothes?
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    so the clothes in her backpack were the ones she wore that day, not a change of clothes?
    They were never able to confirm that because the mother saw her that morning in her PJs and could not say what she wore. It would make sense that he would want to get rid of her clothes but doesn't make much sense that he would have not either destroyed them or at least put them in a more discrete location. But then again, I am not sure if they are dealing with a mastermind here.

Also, if you follow the timeline, the police said they have been tracking this guy for two months but just 2 weeks ago asked the public for help finding the red jetta. Which doesn't add up if they have had a GPS device on it. My guess is that they connected the perp to the previous assaults and Sierra's kidnapping through DNA found on the clothes and the use of the red car in the other assault. Followed him in hopes that they would find the body as they said. When that didnt happen, they acted as if newly found footage has been looked at in the area of Sierra's diappearance showing a red car. I don't think that footage exists but instead was hoping that releasing that info to the public, perhaps a witness would remember seeing that car which would help build the case even more against the perp who they were planning on arresting.

They were never able to confirm that because the mother saw her that morning in her PJs and could not say what she wore. It would make sense that he would want to get rid of her clothes but doesn't make much sense that he would have not either destroyed them or at least put them in a more discrete location. But then again, I am not sure if they are dealing with a mastermind here.
    yeah, that makes sense since the mother didn't know what she was wearing. that is super scary....some random person stunning you and kidnapping you like that. poor girl.

yeah, that makes sense since the mother didn't know what she was wearing. that is super scary....some random person stunning you and kidnapping you like that. poor girl.
    Very scary indeed. I wonder what the girl in the article I posted above is thinking right now..

Very scary indeed. I wonder what the girl in the article I posted above is thinking right now..
    thats she very lucky. that next morning was probably the best day of her life.

i wonder if she was able to describe her attacker. i need to read the whole article.

thats she very lucky. that next morning was probably the best day of her life.

i wonder if she was able to describe her attacker. i need to read the whole article.
    Super lucky. The guy that assaulted her could have just ( I say that lightly) a deranged person who likes to stun gun people. Now she knows that he is much more than that. I think her description was hispanic male who drove a red car with tinted windows.

The other assaults that took place (one of which the police say DNA connected the perp to) occured in the parking lot of the very save mart he worked at. He could have at least gone to Vons or something.

Thread Information