Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A's Vice President of Public Relations Dies of Heart Attack

Chick-fil-A's Vice President of Public Relations Dies of Heart Attack

I'd die of a heart attack if I had to handle that PR nightmare too.

Chick-fil-A's Vice President of Public Relations Don Perry died "suddenly" Friday morning, the company confirmed. Perry was based in the Atlanta area and worked in Chick-fil-A's corporate communications department.

Perry's death comes amid controversy this week over comments that Chick-fil-A's CEO Dan Cathy made against gay marriage. Cathy told the Baptist Press that he was "guilty as charged" for supporting "the biblical definition of the family unit."
    via: yahoo

Out with the old, in with the new!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Why didn't the asshole that made the anti gay slurs have the heart attack??? Ugh. I've seen so much evil and hate this past week to welcome a zombie apocalypse. It's like human beings aren't doing a good job of being human.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    Why didn't the asshole that made the anti gay slurs have the heart attack??? Ugh. I've seen so much evil and hate this past week to welcome a zombie apocalypse. It's like human beings aren't doing a good job of being human.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    haha because that asshole doesn't give a shit. but his PR man was like "OH WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!" and had a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    haha because that asshole doesn't give a shit. but his PR man was like "OH WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!" and had a heart attack.
    this!

And when are these CEO's and business owners going to learn to keep their religion and politics out of their business? Quickest way to kill business.

My family is friends with the family that own El Coyote in LA. When the prop 8 thing came about and for some reason some got the info and exposed those people in the LA area who had voted against it EL Coyote took a sharp hit. A bit different since the family didn't come out and say it, it was posted by someone online and later had to back it up. It has always been an LA staple for the quirky and lunchtime business people.

My point...yes I rambled is basically throwing out your religion & or politics can screw your business big time. It really doesn't matter what you believe or whom you support, but when running a business you really have to keep on level ground.

Sucks for PR guy.

I love Chick-fil-A food and I hate bigots, but that's not going to stop me from eating there occasionally. It's the only fast food I can have anymore (grilled nuggets). Just because CfA has put out there that they're anti-gay marriage, doesn't mean that the other places you eat and shop from aren't sharing similar feelings. I can eat there and still love gay people. Their attitude sucks, but it should come as no surprise. They've never been open on Sundays and every CfA I've been to has a cardboard cut out in their entrance describing the strong Christian foundation the company is based off of. Maybe I'm just used to this crap because I live in the midst of bigot Hell?

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    They're a private business that has the right to support or not support anything they want. In turn, I'm a private citizen that can choose to not eat there because my values and morals conflict with theirs.

Also, Chick-fil-A is fucking disgusting anyways so no great loss on my end.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Sucks for PR guy.

I love Chick-fil-A food and I hate bigots, but that's not going to stop me from eating there occasionally. It's the only fast food I can have anymore (grilled nuggets). Just because CfA has put out there that they're anti-gay marriage, doesn't mean that the other places you eat and shop from aren't sharing similar feelings. I can eat there and still love gay people. Their attitude sucks, but it should come as no surprise. They've never been open on Sundays and every CfA I've been to has a cardboard cut out in their entrance describing the strong Christian foundation the company is based off of. Maybe I'm just used to this crap because I live in the midst of bigot Hell?
    There are lots of companies that are like this, they just don't wave it in everyone's face. I am sure it won't kill off all of it's customers. I know in-n-out burgers is all about being Christian, but they just leave it to the sayings on the bottom of their cups (if they are still doing that). I just know that when the people I knew got outted about the prop 8 they got a lot of hate on their doorstep & lost some business. I just don't understand mixing your business with religion or politics unless of course that is your only demographic. Ya know what I mean?

Wow I never knew that Cfa had a cardboard cut out talking about their Christian foundation.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I love gay people, but I ate Chick-fil-A yesterday.
    They gave me like 18 nuggets randomly. They were tasty.
    I do wish that businesses would just stay businesslike and not make personal feelings a part of the business aspect.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I love gay people, but I ate Chick-fil-A yesterday.
    They gave me like 18 nuggets randomly. They were tasty.
    I do wish that businesses would just stay businesslike and not make personal feelings a part of the business aspect.
    You totally nailed what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    There are lots of companies that are like this, they just don't wave it in everyone's face. I am sure it won't kill off all of it's customers. I know in-n-out burgers is all about being Christian, but they just leave it to the sayings on the bottom of their cups (if they are still doing that). I just know that when the people I knew got outted about the prop 8 they got a lot of hate on their doorstep & lost some business. I just don't understand mixing your business with religion or politics unless of course that is your only demographic. Ya know what I mean?

Wow I never knew that Cfa had a cardboard cut out talking about their Christian foundation.
    I understand completely. Sadly, it's a large demographic here. If I decided to avoid all businesses that throw their Christian/political ideas in my face, I'd be left with Walmart and Lowes. Instead I decide to ignore their message and continue on about my business. As I said, I'm probably just numb to it because it's everywhere here.

Now that would flat out suck, walmart & lowes. that is. Though I am sure a movie could be written about it.

You wouldn't have Walmart.

Most people miss the point entirely.

We know who is antigay etc. It is about the damn funding of the antigay groups. Like FRC a hate group and Exodus which is damaging, wrong and hypocritical.

I will not put money into a place that is using it through their business organization to fund things that go against me.

I don't give a flying fuck about their beliefs. I care about the funding.

Thanks for helping fund them. The unmarried gays appreciate it.

I'm a Christian, so I don't really think about it when I see their signage talking about their beliefs. I don't eat there because they are Christians, I eat there because I enjoy it. We just got an In-N-Out and I haven't noticed any signage with them, but I do love their burgers!
    I'm a Christian, but I love everyone. I don't care what color you are, what religion you are, or who you want to love. All I know is I have my beliefs and you have yours and I actually love hearing about other people's beliefs. I'm never going to preach to anyone, and hate does nothing but ostracize. I just try to show as many people love as I can.

I also don't eat chick-fil-a enough to really make a difference lol, because I can't afford it most times.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I'm a Christian, so I don't really think about it when I see their signage talking about their beliefs. I don't eat there because they are Christians, I eat there because I enjoy it. We just got an In-N-Out and I haven't noticed any signage with them, but I do love their burgers!
    I'm a Christian, but I love everyone. I don't care what color you are, what religion you are, or who you want to love. All I know is I have my beliefs and you have yours and I actually love hearing about other people's beliefs. I'm never going to preach to anyone, and hate does nothing but ostracize. I just try to show as many people love as I can.

I also don't eat chick-fil-a enough to really make a difference lol, because I can't afford it most times.
    Me, either. I can't afford the guilt associated with eating fast food .

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Me, either. I can't afford the guilt associated with eating fast food .
    The only reason we had it yesterday was because it was on the way back from running an errand my boyfriend was on. He came home and said "I support gay marriage, but this was on the way home!"

I am a believer in God.

I am not offended by scripture etc.

I really don't care who eats there but thinking that one meal doesn't make a difference. It does. 10000s of people thinking the same way...

The point of why many are upset is not simply about beliefs.

Oreos FTW

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    You wouldn't have Walmart.

Most people miss the point entirely.

We know who is antigay etc. It is about the damn funding of the antigay groups. Like FRC a hate group and Exodus which is damaging, wrong and hypocritical.

I will not put money into a place that is using it through their business organization to fund things that go against me.

I don't give a flying fuck about their beliefs. I care about the funding.

Thanks for helping fund them. The unmarried gays appreciate it.
    Uh. Here's an equally dramatic "welcome" for you?

I get that this is obviously an issue you stand firmly behind. I think that's awesome, but being such a dick about it doesn't really help your stance. It's a box of $3.00 goddamn chicken nuggets that I buy maybe once a month. Yay! I helped CfA buy a roll of toilet paper for their bathroom. I am such a supporter of anti-gay funding. For the record, they're only reiterating what they've stood for since the beginnings of CfA. The only reason people are up in arms about it now is because some douche in a dress suit recently said something publicly. I find all of these idiots who are like "I will NEVARRR eat there again" to be funny.

I am not being a dick about it.

I am aware of their stance from years ago. I know the reason people are up in arms. I am very aware.

Calling people idiots. Now that's dicky.

You thanked me on behalf of every unmarried gay couple. I guess that's polite? It's not dicky of me to call those people idiotic, it's true. You can't be up in arms about something that's been a standard since the beginnings -- They have never tried to hide that they're a staunchly Christian company.
    I find it hard to believe that one can manage to avoid every single company that's funding CVN in one or more forms? Until this time last year Microsoft was also giving to these groups. Did you use a PC before June of 2011? ANTI-GAY! Ever shop at Target, use Netflix, Sears, Six Flags, Apple, TOMS, & 593+ more popular companies? ANTI-GAY!

i was saying that at Chick Fil A.

I will reiterate I have been aware on the stance and what my issue is.

Other companies, aware of them too. Who they fund etc. I make my decision based on how they fund. It is different when it is a company standard or company run situation and individual who is high up in the company using their own ridiculous salaries.

I do not try to avoid everything but again it is about WHO they fund.

Sogs is not a dick X-(
    Individuals boycotting is one of the most effective means of protest that exist!!

I agree. But, unless you live in a home that you've built yourself, with power that you generate yourself, and eat only food that you grow/raise yourself, chances are that you're giving your money to someone who funds one of these groups.

CfA is not the end-all be-all.

*I didn't/don't think sogs is a dick . I like her. I just said she was being a dick.
    Last edited by McMama; 07-29-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: eta*

Thread Information