View Poll Results: What will the outcome of the George Zimmerman trial be?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of 2nd degree murder

16 19.51%
  • Guilty of manslaughter

40 48.78%
  • Guilty of aggravated battery

2 2.44%
  • Guilty of culpable negligence

2 2.44%
  • Guilty of felony battery

0 0%
  • Not Guilty

16 19.51%
  • Hung Jury

6 7.32%
Page 2 of 332 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trayvon Martin discussion

Oops. The missus was arrested.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/12/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

George Zimmerman's wife was arrested Tuesday afternoon for allegedly lying at his bond hearing about the couple's finances. Shellie N. Zimmerman, 25, faces a perjury charge, according to Jackie Barnard, spokeswoman for the State Attorney's office for the Fourth Judicial District of Florida. She met conditions for a $1,000 bond and was released Tuesday afternoon, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

At her husband's April 20 bond hearing, Shellie Zimmerman was asked whether the couple had financial means to assist in the defense.

"Uhm, not -- not that I'm aware of," she replied, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Monday.

She also testified under oath she was not aware of how much had been raised from a website soliciting cash for George Zimmerman's defense in the February shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford, Florida.

Records show $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman's account to his sister's account from April 16 and 17, authorities allege. Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $74,000 from her husband's account to her account from April 16 to April 19, the affidavit states. George Zimmerman asked his wife in jail calls to "pay off all the bills," including an American Express bill and a Sam's Club card, prosecutors allege. On April 24, after his release on bond, Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $85,500 from her account back to George Zimmerman's account, according to the affidavit. Shellie Zimmernan will be arraigned July 31.

Prosecutors have alleged the Zimmermans spoke in code when discussing the money in a credit union account, according to court documents filed by State Attorney Angela B. Corey.
    Zimmerman "fully controlled and participated in the transfer of money from the PayPal account to defendant and his wife's credit union accounts," Corey said in court records. "This occurred prior to the time defendant was arguing to the court that he was indigent and his wife had no money."
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Thaaat's what she gets!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I would have shot the muthafucka dead too. Word.

LOVE that the wife got arrested...heh heh!!

Land whale alert

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...ref=fpnewsfeed

Here's a link to the calls made by George Zimmerman to his wife.

*I'm on the second call and it sounds so weird to me that George is telling his wife how he had a dream that he couldn't remember. Then he says, I think it was something like I bought you something you really wanted; I bought you a scarf.

I don't know. I guess my marriage is different because my husband and I don't talk like that. I would roll my eyes instead of saying "Oooh you're so cute; I love you!" I know not all marriages are the same but it was just weird to me. I'm in jail but I had a dream I bought you a scarf. This guy sounds like a real creeper on the phone. Very quiet and something I can't put my finger on. I just get the creeper vibe from him.
    Last edited by mialynneb; 06-18-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by mialynneb View Post
    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...ref=fpnewsfeed

I don't know. I guess my marriage is different because my husband and I don't talk like that. I would roll my eyes instead of saying "Oooh you're so cute; I love you!" I know not all marriages are the same but it was just weird to me. I'm in jail but I had a dream I bought you a scarf. This guy sounds like a real creeper on the phone. Very quiet and something I can't put my finger on. I just get the creeper vibe from him.
    Yeah, they are extremely creepy with the whole 'cutie' thing. "We think so much alike, you little cutie."

UH OBVIOUSLY. Now both of your asses are in jail.

Also, here's the link to the transcripts for those who can't stand this man's creepy voice: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Geo...g/-/index.html
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

He definitely gives off a creeper vibe but some of the stupid shit they were saying to one another may have been all part of their "code". I dreamt I bought you a scarf might have been code for "and move the other 30K to this account".

ETA: I hate this cocksucker so hard. If he's going to lie like this to make himself look destitute, then what's to say he isn't going to lie to make himself look innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    He definitely gives off a creeper vibe but some of the stupid shit they were saying to one another may have been all part of their "code". I dreamt I bought you a scarf might have been code for "and move the other 30K to this account".

ETA: I hate this cocksucker so hard. If he's going to lie like this to make himself look destitute, then what's to say he isn't going to lie to make himself look innocent.
    True it could have been code. I'd like to think it was code because if my husband said something like that and then called me cutie, I'd have to smash his face. It's just weird to me. Their entire conversations are just very weird in my opinion. The cutie and the way he was talking all softly. Yuck.

Huh? you're a woman?

This website explains the "code" - http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1yK5UiY9d

ZIMMERMAN: Um, I asked Ken to double up on it, do, you know, $10 ($10,000) in the morning and then $10 ($10,000)in the evening. And that way you can put, you know, into mine and then you can take uh 10 ($10,000)for you and $10 ($10,000) for her for Susie.

SHELLIE: Okay, why can?t he just do both of em.

ZIMMERMAN: Because he can only take it from Peter Pan (PayPal)to mine.

- - -

Bank records also made public Monday in the flood of information releases ordered by the court last week show one transfer of $5,880 that day, followed by seven transfers of $9,900.

The bank records show the couple carefully kept their cash transfers under $10,000 - the threshhold for IRS disclosure - as they emptied the PayPal account.

?Anything that needed to be paid off, I did,? Shellie Zimmerman says on April 17. ?I even paid my school."

He replies, ?I would say like, leave like, uh, you know, like, a thousand, I guess.?

At a bond hearing on April 20, the Zimmermans claimed to be indigent.

Prosecutors allege the couple had access to at least $130,000 by then.

- - -

Assholes.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/justic...html?hpt=ju_c2

Zimmerman asks for another new judge

(CNN) -- Saying the judge had made disparaging remarks about their client's character, George Zimmerman's legal team asked Friday for Kenneth R. Lester Jr. to step down from the case.

Zimmerman's attorneys filed a motion in circuit court saying Zimmerman cannot get a fair trial because Lester used "gratuitous, disparaging" language in a bail order last week. Friday's filing also says Lester has advocated for Zimmerman to be prosecuted for additional crimes, offered personal opinion about evidence and has threatened their client with contempt charges.

"Mr. Zimmerman has lost faith in the objectivity of this court and has a reasonable, well-founded fear that he will not receive a fair trial by this court," the document said.

Zimmerman's attorneys particularly took issue with two of the judge's comments: "Under any definition, the defendant has flouted the system," citing the definition of flout, and "The defendant has tried to manipulate the system when he has been presented the opportunity to do so."

In response, the state attorney's office said the state objects to Zimmerman trying to disqualify Lester and it will file a response to the motion early next week.

Witnesses tell FBI that Zimmerman is no racist

Zimmerman, 28, was released from jail a week ago, one day after Lester set bail at $1 million.

Zimmerman had to post 10% of the $1 million -- or $100,000 -- to meet the requirement for release.

An initial bond of $150,000 was revoked last month after Lester learned that Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, had failed to disclose more than $150,000 in donations from the public.

For nearly a month, Zimmerman stayed at the home of a friend, a federal air marshal, to stay out of the public eye, his lawyer Mark O'Mara told CNN.

The judge's order last week said that the reset bail of $1 million was not intended as a punishment but as an amount that assured the court that Zimmerman would not abscond.

In his ruling, Lester wrote about the first bond hearing and noted an undisclosed second passport kept in Zimmerman's safe deposit box.

"Notably, together with the passport, the money only had to be hidden for a short time for him to leave the country if the defendant made a quick decision to flee," the judge said. "It is entirely reasonable for this court to find that, but for the requirement that he be placed on electronic monitoring, the defendant and his wife would have fled the United States with at least $130,000 of other people's money."

In its filing Friday, the defense team said the court had reached a "bold" conclusion that Zimmerman was preparing to flee the country to avoid prosecution, but that his plans were thwarted.

Also Friday, Lester denied Zimmerman's motion seeking reconsideration of an order allowing for public disclosure of statements from a person identified only as "Witness 9" and telephone calls recorded while he was being held in Seminole County Jail.

The witness statements and some of the calls will be available at 11 a.m. Monday, the state attorney's office said.

He is charged with second-degree murder in the February 26 shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman, a Sanford neighborhood watch volunteer, acknowledged fatally shooting the unarmed Martin after calling police to report a suspicious person. Zimmerman said Martin attacked him.

In April, Seminole Circuit Judge Jessica Recksiedler approved a motion to disqualify herself from the case and Lester took her place.

O'Mara had asked Recksiedler to step aside because her husband is a law partner of Mark NeJame, an Orlando lawyer and CNN legal analyst. Recksiedler concluded that the arguments individually were "legally insufficient" to force her recusal, but the "totality of the circumstances" made her decide to hand the case to another judge.

I hate this guy.

Yeah he really is one crazy asshole to think that he should get off from this. And he is going to pull all the stops to make it more difficult for everyone involved.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07...male-relative/

ORLANDO, Florida — A female relative accused George Zimmerman, charged in the murder of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, of sexually molesting her from age 6 to 16, according to new documents made public on Monday by prosecutors.

The female relative’s name and exact relationship to Zimmerman was deleted from an audio tape version of her witness statement that was released to the media. Identified only as ‘Witness #9′ she would be aged about 27 now.

A spokesman for Zimmerman’s lawyer Mark O’Mara told Reuters the defense team was preparing a response to the molestation allegations to post on its website later this afternoon and had no immediate comment.

Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth R. Lester ordered the document released under Florida’s public records law.

No way, he was just defending himself against her.

yeah, that six year old girl surely had it coming.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Oh gawd the saga continues.....

Woman Claims Zimmerman Molested Her As A Kid

By Brian Hamacher
    NBCMIAMI.com

updated 15 minutes ago

A woman, who is a relative of George Zimmerman, claims he sexually molested her throughout her childhood, according to an interview released by prosecutors Monday.

The woman, who was identified as "Witness #9" by prosecutors, claimed in the March 20 interview that the abuse began when she was 6 years old and Zimmerman was around 8. NBC News attempted to talk to the witness, but she turned down attempts at getting comment about the interview. We have been unable to independently verify her statements, no police report was made in connection with these allegations and no charges were filed.

"We would watch movies in front of the TV and we would all lay in front of the TV and we would have pillows and blankets," the woman claims. "And he would reach under the blankets and try to do things and I would try to push him off but he was bigger and stronger and older. It was in front of everybody and I don't know how I didn't say anything but I just didn't know any better."

In a second interview, the woman told authorities that Zimmerman and his family don't like African-Americans.

"Growing up, they've always made, him and his family have always made statements that they don't like black people if they don't act like white people. They like black people if they act white," she said. "And other than that, they talk a lot of bad things about black people."

When asked if she could recall any specific instances of Zimmerman making a racist statement, Witness #9 said she couldn't.

?Now that this statement is part of the public record, the defense will vigorously defend Mr. Zimmerman against the allegations. In the next several weeks, there will be reciprocal discovery filed regarding Witness #9's statement,? said a statement posted on the Zimmerman defense?s legal case website as part of a longer statement regarding the witness.

The interviews were part of a new group of evidence released by prosecutors in the case, which includes 120 phones calls Zimmerman made from the Seminole County Detention Center following his arrest in the Martin shooting.

Zimmerman, 28, is charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting of Martin, 17, in a gated community in Sanford. He has pleaded not guilty, claiming the shooting was in self-defense.

Witness #9 said the alleged sexual abuse began when she was sent from Louisiana with her sister to stay in the Zimmerman house.

She said the alleged abuse happened at least a few times, when she would visit. The woman said he would kiss and grope her, and one time allegedly exposed himself to her.

"Every time that we would go up there, I could just look at him and he would give me a certain look and I would know if it was gonna happen when we got together for family gatherings cause he just got this look in his eye like he was going to," she said.

She claims the final attack came when she was 16 and stopped by his house in Lake Mary and he wanted to give her a massage. She claimed she ran out of the house and drove away.

The woman told authorities she was afraid of him and was worried no one would believe her.

"Georgie always made himself look so good, he just sucked up to my dad and he was like the son he never had, and he always was just, you know, very charming and personable with everybody in the family and just always would laugh and entertain everybody," she said. "But he was different behind closed doors with me."

She said her parents found out and confronted Zimmerman at a Lake Mary restaurant when she was around 20 years old. The woman said Zimmerman said he was sorry and walked out.

"He sat down on the end of the booth and said ?I'm sorry? and just got up and walked out," she said.

No police reports were ever made and no charges were ever filed against Zimmerman, however.

When asked why she was coming forward now, the woman said she wasn't afraid of him anymore.

"This is the first time in my life that I'm not afraid of him. I know that nothing can get to me, he can't get to me," she said.

The jail calls released Monday were made by Zimmerman following his arrest in April.

Zimmerman?s attorney, Mark O'Mara, had argued against the release of the calls and witness interviews, claiming they are irrelevant to the charges against him and could jeopardize his friends and family if they are released.

But Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester disagreed, and ordered them released on Friday. O'Mara filed a motion Monday morning to try to block their release again but prosecutors released them anyway.

?As the State Attorney previously stated, she certainly would be a rebuttal witness very similar to that in the Sandusky trial showing that he has a history of violence and manipulation. Zimmerman's mentality is very relevant to this trial,? Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump told NBC News in an email statement.

Zimmerman remains free on $1 million bond.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    yeah, that six year old girl surely had it coming.
    Females are nothing but trouble at any age, I am sure he felt he had to make sure to set her straight.

Seriously, I hate this guy.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Females are nothing but trouble at any age, I am sure he felt he had to make sure to set her straight.

Seriously, I hate this guy.
    Does this mean you're not going to send money to his fund?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Did anyone watch this guy's interview with fox news?? I mean he can't be fucking serious. And he backed out of an interview with Today because they refused to offer shelter to his wife for a month?? Wtf?? I'm sure he still has donations coming in so is he trying to make a business out of his whole debacle or what??

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Did anyone watch this guy's interview with fox news?? I mean he can't be fucking serious. And he backed out of an interview with Today because they refused to offer shelter to his wife for a month?? Wtf?? I'm sure he still has donations coming in so is he trying to make a business out of his whole debacle or what??

Why not? He can't admit anything or truly say he did anything wrong until he gets off. (which he will)
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

What do you mean why not? IMO it demoralizes him even further.

What do you mean why not? IMO it demoralizes him even further.

Wont matter. The stand your ground law is there. Only thing he can't do is admit anything he did was wrong. This appearance was just about getting money. Anything else is irrelevant.

This will end with a hung jury. Maybe they agree on some lower crime, but he's gonna be a free man.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Wont matter. The stand your ground law is there. Only thing he can't do is admit anything he did was wrong. This appearance was just about getting money. Anything else is irrelevant.

This will end with a hung jury. Maybe they agree on some lower crime, but he's gonna be a free man.
    He claims he received nothing from fox news so how does what you said make any sense?

He claims he received nothing from fox news so how does what you said make any sense?
    Donations.

Why do you think he went to Hannity and Fox news? That is the one place he will find a bunch people interested in helping him.

Thread Information