Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Powers Schenecker (50) shot her daughter Calyx (16) and son Beau (13) for being 'mouthy'

Julie Powers Schenecker (50) shot her daughter Calyx (16) and son Beau (13) for being 'mouthy'

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Wow! Thanks Olivia.

Oh wow this is one messed up case.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Yeah, I mean the warning signs were all there. I do feel bad for Parker a bit though, because it seems like for a long time he was trying to get her sorted. I'm not sure how much more he could have done. I do think he should have made other arrangements for Beau and Calyx while he was gone though.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

I feel so bad for Parker. He's lost his children, and now his consistant dedication to helping his wife get better is being used against him. He may have admitted that she had the mind of a 10 year old, but normal 10 year olds don't murder their loved ones. I don't think he had any idea that his children would be murdered at the hands of his own wife. He seems like a very caring, supportive husband and almost too much of one. The only thing I think he did wrong was not accepting that she didn't want to recover. She didn't want to get better. Had she wanted to, he provided several opportunities for her throughout the years of their marriage. I don't agree with blaming him for this, but that's how people function these days. No one takes responsibility for their own actions. It's always someone else's fault.

The motion reads like "He didn't do anything to help her so he pretty much pulled the trigger himself" but then the email reads where he has been really trying to get help for her (and as we all know, getting treatment for mental disorders in the US is pretty difficult with a WILLING patient, and she was anything but willing).

I see him as someone who found a system that was failing his family and unsure of what to do. And from the way he talks in his email, my guess is other family members had already given up (as he's calling them out for their "advice").

The kids were 16 and 13 - it's not like they really needed 24/7 supervision (heck, how many of us were home alone after school at 10 years old?). They were at the age where one could drive, they could cook simple meals, etc. It's not like he left kids under the age of 6 there with her.

This is why so many people hate defense attorneys, their client is never responsible. I would say 99% of teens are "mouthy", this mother murdered hers in cold blood. Thank God these two never saw it coming.

I'm anxious to see if this turns out like the Andrea Yates case.

Wait wait, so the coherent response to her killing her children is her husband didn't stop her by taking the kids away? That is a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    dude. he should not have left his kids home alone with that woman. i'm not saying he should have had to worry about her killing them, definitely not, but how was that in any way healthy for those children? a mother who was in bed 20 hours a day? a 13 year old and a 16 year old need more attention and guidance than she was providing. its not his fault, but they shouldn't have been left with her. no way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Very tragic, indeed. I mean, drinking and taking oxy all day every day, she should have been divorced and in treatment, or just in treatment in general. Clearly the 21 days doesn't do much. Also, I wouldn't think it uncommon for the children to feel some type of responsibility to take care of their incredibly fucked up mother. If her mental capacity was that of a 10 year old, I am sure everyone in the family was putting forth effort into taking care of her.

Even though they let her continue to drink and pop pills. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    I feel so bad for Parker. He's lost his children, and now his consistant dedication to helping his wife get better is being used against him. He may have admitted that she had the mind of a 10 year old, but normal 10 year olds don't murder their loved ones. I don't think he had any idea that his children would be murdered at the hands of his own wife. He seems like a very caring, supportive husband and almost too much of one. The only thing I think he did wrong was not accepting that she didn't want to recover. She didn't want to get better. Had she wanted to, he provided several opportunities for her throughout the years of their marriage. I don't agree with blaming him for this, but that's how people function these days. No one takes responsibility for their own actions. It's always someone else's fault.

This, this exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Very tragic, indeed. I mean, drinking and taking oxy all day every day, she should have been divorced and in treatment, or just in treatment in general. Clearly the 21 days doesn't do much. Also, I wouldn't think it uncommon for the children to feel some type of responsibility to take care of their incredibly fucked up mother. If her mental capacity was that of a 10 year old, I am sure everyone in the family was putting forth effort into taking care of her.

Even though they let her continue to drink and pop pills. I don't know.
    I took that to me the judgement of a 10 year old, not the mentality of a 10 year old...did I read that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    I took that to me the judgement of a 10 year old, not the mentality of a 10 year old...did I read that wrong?
    No, you are right. In the document it says judgment. I kinda took it as mental capacity.

I mean, if your judgment is only that of someone 10 years old, doesn't that mean your capacity for anything beyond that diminishes?

No, you are right. In the document it says judgment. I kinda took it as mental capacity.

I mean, if your judgment is only that of someone 10 years old, doesn't that mean your capacity for anything beyond that diminishes?
    I took it to mean she can function, but her maturity and level of dealing with things (like temper tantrums, etc.) is that of a 10 year old. Thinking about it, I do wonder about her capacity for caring for the kids. In no way do I blame Parker, I feel horribly sorry for him, but she shouldn't have been alone with those kids either.

At 13 and 16 though, I can see them almost 'taking care' of their mother. And I am sure it would have been a slight relief to Parker. I mean, none of it is nice or ideal, but I don't think it is uncommon. It seems there was no mention of her being physically violent before, you know?

They probably just wanted to be kids and did end up with more than they should have at their age....poor things!
    Last edited by sarabei; 11-19-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: DOUBLE POST

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    At 13 and 16 though, I can see them almost 'taking care' of their mother. And I am sure it would have been a slight relief to Parker. I mean, none of it is nice or ideal, but I don't think it is uncommon. It seems there was no mention of her being physically violent before, you know?
    Right- he had hired a nanny for them when they were younger and she was out of the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    dude. he should not have left his kids home alone with that woman. :undecided i'm not saying he should have had to worry about her killing them, definitely not, but how was that in any way healthy for those children? a mother who was in bed 20 hours a day? a 13 year old and a 16 year old need more attention and guidance than she was providing. its not his fault, but they shouldn't have been left with her. no way.
    Whut? This is like the time you thought anyone over 65 didn't work anymore cause they're retired. This is a luxury that not everyone can afford. You have teenage children, they're gonna have to do shit for themselves unless they're retarded. 16 and 13??

This is real life, not The Cosby Show. A doctor and a lawyer do NOT have that much free time, they have nannies, and poor people have self-sufficient kids (if they're lucky). Sometimes they have gang members. But I guess that's only single parents, hrmmm?

Exactly. I don't know what kind of helmet-wearing, drooling teenagers some of you people are used to.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I remember when all of this happened, all of her friends and neighbors spoke so highly of her and were shocked.
    But if she was as bad as he says, I don't understand letting the kids stay with her.

Part of me can relate to the mental illness aspect. While I've never ever been close to even thinking about harming my kids, I've battled with depression and PPD/anxiety. When the worst of it occured after I had my youngest, I refused to be alone and made my husband stand with me in the bathroom while I was in the shower. I felt so much better after getting treatment and my husband was by my side the entire time.

I don't think he should be blamed for their deaths, but I do judge him leaving the kids alone with her when she was dealing with alcohol and drug addiction.

Yeah, 16 and 13 are really too old for a babysitter.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    13 is the age of a babysitter.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    13 is the age of a babysitter.
    Yeah, I was renting out my mad skillz at 12 to babysit other kids.

You might think a person is going crazy but most people never guess how crazy.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    too old for a babysitter, but they shouldn't be babysitting their mother. for fucks sake, how is that ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

And too young to be alone with a drug addicted insane person.

Thread Information