Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HIV-positive man who intentionally infected ‘thousands’ of partners turns himself in

Exclamation HIV-positive man who intentionally infected ‘thousands’ of partners turns himself in

Hundreds of Michigan residents -- and others -- may have been infected with HIV by a man who told police he’d been on a three-year mission to transmit the disease to as many people as he could, MSNBC reports.

Police arrested David Dean Smith, 51, last week after he turned himself in -- and admitted he had unprotected sex with "thousands" of partners with the intention of killing them by infecting them with the virus.

Only two possible victims have yet been identified.

Smith's mission to sicken his lovers likely stretched to other states including anyone he may have seduced via Yahoo! Personals, as he did with the one of two victims who came forward.

"He's charming," the alleged victim, who didn't want to be identified, told 24 Hour News 8. "He's very charming."

Records from Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, where Smith had been admitted recently because he was "suicidal," indicated he is "sexually aroused by causing pain to females," according to court documents.

The woman, who was diagnosed with HIV in October 2008, told the TV station that Smith told her there were 3,000 victims including men and women.

"He hits drifters," said the alleged victim. "He hits people who are young. He hits young women, and from what I understand, he hits men too. Those are his targets."

Health officials released an alert to residents of Kent County Michigan that "possibly hundreds have been exposed to HIV," and encouraged possible victims to come forward and be tested.

Kent County Health Department spokesperson Lisa LaPlante said this is the first time they have seen someone deliberately trying to spread HIV to so many people.

"We want to make sure that anyone who may have injected drugs with , who may have had sex with him, does come forward and get tested," LaPlante told the TV station. "We want to make sure that they're not spreading the virus to anyone else."

Before his arrest, Smith reportedly texted the alleged victim: "Turning myself into the law, my life is over. Take care. Always love you."

Smith, currently at Kent County Jail where he is being held in lieu of $100,000 bond, has been charged with two felony counts of failure to disclose HIV status to a sexual partner, a charge carrying a four-year jail sentence and a $5,000 fine.

Smith's attorney, Richard E. Zambon, told MSNBC he is "exploring all options" in his client's defense, and specified "I am concerned about his mental health."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...#ixzz1mqVHGsHh

That Bastard!

Just another reason not to have unprotected sex with a stranger (or partner without seeing proof of a negative test). I HIGHLY doubt there are 3,000 victims, seems like an inflated number.

Aidz Bunny. Awwwww

And this guy needs to have his manhood removed. I don't care if he did it to one person or 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Does his bunny need a home? I'll take it!

This is a crazy story

Some people. It makes me wonder....is it that people are so miserable that they have to make others miserable and ruin their lives. Damn, all of those poor people!

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post

Aidz Bunny. Awwwww
    The bunny's like "I wouldn't touch him!"

Okay yeah, he was totally fucked in the head for spreading this disease but is it only men who are to be the ones to suggest using a condom? These women should have been 'awww hell to the nah, I ain't fuck ya if you don got's no rubbah's'.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Okay yeah, he was totally fucked in the head for spreading this disease but is it only men who are to be the ones to suggest using a condom? These women should have been 'awww hell to the nah, I ain't fuck ya if you don got's no rubbah's'.
    That's what I'm saying. Am I weird for thinking it's a big red flag if a stranger wants to have sex with me without a condom? I mean, I thought that was common sense....

Quote Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Am I weird for thinking it's a big red flag if a stranger wants to have sex with me without a condom? I mean, I thought that was common sense....
    Well, I mean with all the education out there and all, it's not like it's not a known fact that using a rubber brings the rate of getting this disease down into the single digits.

If dude allegedly had sex with that many people, which im really doubting the number, a lot of those women bear some of that responsibility as well. Im not saying this guy was right because he wasnt. I think full disclosure of a disease that deadly needs to be addressed before you even get to first base with me but sounds like a lot of these girls were just fucking him without rubbers and i'm still scratching my head.

Everyone in this whole shit storm is retarded.

He may be charming, but he's also old and bald. I can't imagine more than a few dozen women falling for this guy. Certainly not 1000s. I'm sure that lie made him feel like he was Wilt Chamberlain or something.

Now go die of AIDS in prison asshole.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Time for some victim blaming. What the fuck, people!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

In my early 20's I would have to say I had done a few things that could have gotten me in big trouble (i.e. not using a condom with someone I barely knew). I wouldn't be the first to blame the victims of this guy for sure. We all make mistakes - but this guy is basically a serial killer. Needs to be put down ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Time for some victim blaming. What the fuck, people!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    In my early 20's I would have to say I had done a few things that could have gotten me in big trouble (i.e. not using a condom with someone I barely knew). I wouldn't be the first to blame the victims of this guy for sure. We all make mistakes - but this guy is basically a serial killer. Needs to be put down ASAP.
    I agree with this. We don't know how he got these women into bed, who they thought they were to him or what he might have said to them. Obviously the key element to this is he had a goal to infect women, I would assume that means lying to them about everything under the sun.

Yes, you should be wearing condoms when sleeping with someone you don't know very well. But on the off chance it does happen and you don't use protection, it shouldn't be your kiss of death when the other person does know they are infected. Fool basically is walking around with a weapon in his pants and he wants to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Im not trying to blame the victims for falling prey to this but I think they should have had some sense about them when it came to sex. It doesnt sound like he was in any type of monogamous relationship so I keep thinking this guy was usually a one night stand for alot of these women.

Of course it's disgusting that his intentions were to harm and infect as many women as possible, that is plain madness. Im only saying that a woman is also responsible for making sure there are condoms involved and should have insisted on it. Im aware they didnt know he had this disease and honestly when I think about it, I know I had unprotected sex in my past as well. i guess I was just lucky I never got with a guy who was trying to kill me with his AIDS.

Well, I mean with all the education out there and all, it's not like it's not a known fact that using a rubber brings the rate of getting this disease down into the single digits.

If dude allegedly had sex with that many people, which im really doubting the number, a lot of those women bear some of that responsibility as well. Im not saying this guy was right because he wasnt. I think full disclosure of a disease that deadly needs to be addressed before you even get to first base with me but sounds like a lot of these girls were just fucking him without rubbers and i'm still scratching my head.

Everyone in this whole shit storm is retarded.
    Im not trying to blame the victims for falling prey to this but I think they should have had some sense about them when it came to sex. It doesnt sound like he was in any type of monogamous relationship so I keep thinking this guy was usually a one night stand for alot of these women.

Of course it's disgusting that his intentions were to harm and infect as many women as possible, that is plain madness. Im only saying that a woman is also responsible for making sure there are condoms involved and should have insisted on it. Im aware they didnt know he had this disease and honestly when I think about it, I know I had unprotected sex in my past as well. i guess I was just lucky I never got with a guy who was trying to kill me with his AIDS.
    Exactly. How would this even be victim blaming? I don't know a single adult who doesn't understand that no condom with a stranger can equal STD or pregnancy. She took the risk (guys too, I think), he was crazy. We have our own personal responsibility to protect ourselves.

This guy was fug. I guarantee no one he fucked wasn't completely shit-faced at the time. Usually when people are wasted and decide to go for a bang in a truck stop bathroom, they don't do all their fact checking. Doesn't mean they deserve what they got. This guy was knowingly preying on people. I am willing to bet he deliberately stalked people who were not entirely on top of the ball, so to speak.

This guy was fug. I guarantee no one he fucked wasn't completely shit-faced at the time. Usually when people are wasted and decide to go for a bang in a truck stop bathroom, they don't do all their fact checking. Doesn't mean they deserve what they got. This guy was knowingly preying on people. I am willing to bet he deliberately stalked people who were not entirely on top of the ball, so to speak.
    I'm not saying they deserved what they got, but they made decisions that put themselves in that situation. Having consensual sex with a stranger without protection is a risk. 99.99% of adults know this. We need to protect ourselves from crazy people like this.

But I mean, if he wasn't giving people AIDS through sex, he could easily be taking them home and strangling them. He's a serial killer. So are all the people murdered by those freaks partially to blame? People make poor decisions when intoxicated. Again, this guy was deliberately targeting people whose guard was down.

Unless the man raped his victims, it is not the same. When you choose to have unprotected sex with a stranger, you're putting yourself at risk, period. When women get pregnant, is it because the man got her pregnant or they both made decisions that led to her being pregnant? He's definitely scum for trying to spread the disease, but if people were careful and protected themselves, this man wouldn't have infected many of the individuals. If the guy didn't know he was infected and a woman contracted the infection, was it 100% his fault still? At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who's to blame, the individual is going to have the infection. They are the one who has to deal with the consequences, so it's important to protect ourselves.

But he was picking up people in bars who were presumably intoxicated and thus not capable of making decisions for themselves. I just totally disagree with you here. he was deliberately targeting his victims. It's not the case in which you just postulated. By his own admission, he was deliberately targeting and attacking the masses.

a condom is not 100% gaurantee you will not get the aids. you cannot blame the victim, imo. that's bullshit.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    The only reason I "victim blame" when it comes to HIV/AIDS is because it could be wiped out if people had some God damn self control. They told us this shit years ago!

If people could act right, AIDS sufferers in America would be reduced to a couple of lab monkeys and a few illegals from some godforsaken African country where they think gays "eat da poo-poo" and raping young girls cures AIDS.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

but in this case the asshole with the aids is the one lacking self control, imo.

Thread Information