Thread: Couch Surfer François Hallé (22) died after crashing into another vehicle while being pulled behind a van

Couch Surfer François Hallé (22) died after crashing into another vehicle while being pulled behind a van

Amateur daredevil, 22, becomes first couch-surfer to die in new craze after crashing into car while being pulled along by van

A 22-year-old man has died after crashing into an oncoming car while 'couch-surfing' along a country road.

François Hallé was riding on the sofa, which had been placed on top of a sled and tied to the back of a van, when the driver lost control and forced him into the opposite lane.

A 21-year-old man has been accused of dangerous driving, causing death, fleeing the scene of an accident and criminal negligence causing death.

Alex Labbé was formally arraigned in court in Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce, Quebec, on Monday.

Labbé was allegedly driving the van along a road in Saint-Benjamin, south of Quebec City, when the couch he was towing swerved into oncoming traffic, it was reported on CBC News.

Hallé, who died later in hospital, is believed to be the first person to be killed in the craze.

Police said Labbé was arrested at his home in Saint-Georges after apparently fleeing the scene.

Yan Laflamme, a friend of both men, told CBC News that Labbé panicked when he saw the body of his friend on the ground.

'It's not like he fled because he didn't want people to know it was him,' Laflamme added.

The stunt, known as 'couch-surfing', is popular online with more and more people posting videos showing them being dragged behind a vehicle at high speeds.

Laflamme and his friends took up the dangerous hobby after viewing it on the internet.

He said: 'It's the kind of thing that when you see it, you want to try it … we definitely like doing it; we do it often; we have a good time.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1n47qmlL2

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

This is a whole new kind of couch surfing I was not aware existed. This is flat out dumbassery.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Yeah, I thought this was going to be someone who was murdered by his couch surfing hosts.

It's the kind of thing that when you see it, you want to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Yeah, I thought this was going to be someone who was murdered by his couch surfing hosts.

It's the kind of thing that when you see it, you want to try it.
    Me too. I was thinking of someone who crashes on peoples couches. Not ACTUALLY crashes on peoples couches

That is ass foolery.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Thread Information