Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HIV-positive man who intentionally infected ‘thousands’ of partners turns himself in

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    But he was picking up people in bars who were presumably intoxicated and thus not capable of making decisions for themselves. I just totally disagree with you here. he was deliberately targeting his victims. It's not the case in which you just postulated. By his own admission, he was deliberately targeting and attacking the masses.
    Where are you reading that? In the article posted, it said he picked people off of Yahoo Personals and "He hits drifters," said the alleged victim. "He hits people who are young. He hits young women, and from what I understand, he hits men too. Those are his targets."

I haven't read anywhere saying they were all drunk. Have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
    Where are you reading that? In the article posted, it said he picked people off of Yahoo Personals and "He hits drifters," said the alleged victim. "He hits people who are young. He hits young women, and from what I understand, he hits men too. Those are his targets."

I haven't read anywhere saying they were all drunk. Have a link?
    'Drifters' is usually a term that applies to people who are suffering with other problems, homeless, etc. I sincerely doubt he was just walking down the street asking people casually if they want to fuck. It's not really that farfetched to assume he trolled bars for this. Either way, he has said he deliberately engaged people in dangerous sex with the intent of infecting them. Blaming the victim is ridiculous, or at least as ridiculous as blaming any person who is the victim of a serial killer.

'Drifters' is usually a term that applies to people who are suffering with other problems, homeless, etc. I sincerely doubt he was just walking down the street asking people casually if they want to fuck. It's not really that farfetched to assume he trolled bars for this. Either way, he has said he deliberately engaged people in dangerous sex with the intent of infecting them. Blaming the victim is ridiculous, or at least as ridiculous as blaming any person who is the victim of a serial killer.
    You really think people who are sober and not mentally ill aren't at all responsible for being infection after consensual, unprotected sex? Don't we have a responsibility to take care of our own health? When you have unprotected sex, you're increasing your odds of contracting an STD or getting pregnant. The women are completely blameless for their role? 0% responsible for exposing themselves to it? I just don't get how you see the women as being 100% victims here. I don't. Yes, they are victims of this creep, but they need to take responsibility for their part. If I was in their shoes, I would know my actions were partially the reason I was infected (Unless I was raped, I would feel fully responsible since I agreed to the risky behavior).

Who knows how many people he infected.. and how he got them (because he was a predator) to consent to bareback.

I am of the volition if you have a disease that can harm someone and you use it to harm others, you are fucking sick and need to be put away/down whatever.

Yes, women have a responsibility to protect themselves as well, but predators know how to manipulate situations. People lie and can be assholes to complete strangers. I think the human condition can sometimes cloud judgement and you go based off of pure instinct. Which we all know, is not infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Sickos like this is why I spent most of my life terrified of sex. I really can't wrap my head around sleeping with someone you don't know well, much less bareback. But I'm horribly naive when it comes to doing sex, apparently.

You really think people who are sober and not mentally ill aren't at all responsible for being infection after consensual, unprotected sex? Don't we have a responsibility to take care of our own health? When you have unprotected sex, you're increasing your odds of contracting an STD or getting pregnant. The women are completely blameless for their role? 0% responsible for exposing themselves to it? I just don't get how you see the women as being 100% victims here. I don't. Yes, they are victims of this creep, but they need to take responsibility for their part. If I was in their shoes, I would know my actions were partially the reason I was infected (Unless I was raped, I would feel fully responsible since I agreed to the risky behavior).
    Fortunately, you feel superior, so you'll never know. People make mistakes. What doesn't change is this isn't some random guy being like AW MAN I AM SO SORRY, I HAVE THE HERP. This is a guy who was deliberately seeking out people so he could give them AIDS so they would die.

Fortunately, you feel superior, so you'll never know. People make mistakes. What doesn't change is this isn't some random guy being like AW MAN I AM SO SORRY, I HAVE THE HERP. This is a guy who was deliberately seeking out people so he could give them AIDS so they would die.
    How is that feeling superior? You don't know how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Sickos like this is why I spent most of my life terrified of sex. I really can't wrap my head around sleeping with someone you don't know well, much less bareback. But I'm horribly naive when it comes to doing sex, apparently.
    People are crazy, if there is anything we should learn it's that sometimes you can place a bet and lose worse than what you bargained for. I don't know, who knows why these women chose to have unprotected sex with him.

Seriously, I don't care if they were whores.. no one deserves to be preyed upon and given a death sentence.

How is that feeling superior? You don't know how I feel.
    Well, you're coming off as pretty condescending. Maybe you've never made a mistake in judgement in your life. You're still ignoring the fact that anyone who was targeting people with the intent of spreading a disease is the one responsible, and that there are doubtlessly mitigating factors towards what he did to accomplish his goal.

Do you also think prostitutes who get strangled by johns 'are responsible'?

Okay, so I'm way not saying that these women are at fault-- this guy is a predator, plain and simple.
    But I can agree with the idea that these women willingly engaged in risky behavior, aware of the risks involved.

If not wearing a seat belt cost someone their life, I'd think you would recognize that they probably should have made a different decision. That doesn;t make them responsible for their death, but it does mean they made an unintelligent decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Okay, so I'm way not saying that these women are at fault-- this guy is a predator, plain and simple.
    But I can agree with the idea that these women willingly engaged in risky behavior, aware of the risks involved.

If not wearing a seat belt cost someone their life, I'd think you would recognize that they probably should have made a different decision. That doesn;t make them responsible for their death, but it does mean they made an unintelligent decision.
    This. This is what I'm trying to say.

Captain Hindsight!

I wonder how they found out he was doing this? Did one chick just report him? Did multiple? Did he tell them afterwards??

Seriously. Skeevy.

Re-referenced.. maybe he is just an overachieving asshole and hopefully it's only a few.
    Last edited by g r ee n ey e s; 02-21-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Well, you're coming off as pretty condescending. Maybe you've never made a mistake in judgement in your life. You're still ignoring the fact that anyone who was targeting people with the intent of spreading a disease is the one responsible, and that there are doubtlessly mitigating factors towards what he did to accomplish his goal.

Do you also think prostitutes who get strangled by johns 'are responsible'?
    No, I don't. But a prostitute who has consensual, unprotected sex knows STDs can occur and agrees to taking the risk (like not wearing a seat belt while driving). And when I make mistakes, I feel responsible, hence my comment that you bolded. If I do something wrong, I acknowledge that. I'm not ignoring the fact that he was trying to infect people, it's just sad that many let it happen (talking about the ones capable of consenting). They are the ones paying the ultimate price.

This story reminds me of an episode of Law & Order SVU. The guy's a creep, no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I wonder how they found out he was doing this? Did one chick just report him? Did multiple? Did he tell them afterwards??

Seriously. Skeevy.

Re-referenced.. maybe he is just an overachieving asshole and hopefully it's only a few.
    When you get tested and come up positive for AIDS, you have to list all of your partners. Probably they started seeing a crossover.

When you get tested and come up positive for AIDS, you have to list all of your partners. Probably they started seeing a crossover.
    That is what I thought initially, but he turned himself in based off the article..

I hope he is just overshooting by like.. a million.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    That is what I thought initially, but he turned himself in based off the article..

I hope he is just overshooting by like.. a million.
    He's also obviously a narcissist who gets off on the idea of having such power and control.

I really think his "thousands" comment was highly inflated.

Either way, 1 woman to him was a conquest.

Sick fuck can rot.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    There is a reason why he is in jail, and people that accidentally give other people gonorrhea or whatnot without knowing they have it are not.
    He is a PREDATOR. He intentionally had sex with people KNOWING he was capable of killing them. That is why you can't blame the victims here. Have you never made a wrong decision? These people literally made 1 wrong decision that can now kill them. Yes, you should wear a condom, and yes bunnies should be able to fly and shit skittles for our enjoyment. But people sometimes don't wear condoms and bunnies unfortunately don't shit skittles (sorry okac!)
    But the reason why it's his fault is because he meant to do it. It was premeditated and he bragged about it.

I was looking through mugshots one day and there was this one younger looking black guy who was extra creepy looking. I decided to read his charges which were something to the effect of intentionally spreading the HIV virus. That's a hard charge to pin on someone unless they have made it abundantly evident that they were intentionally spreading their disease.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    There is a reason why he is in jail, and people that accidentally give other people gonorrhea or whatnot without knowing they have it are not.
    He is a PREDATOR. He intentionally had sex with people KNOWING he was capable of killing them. That is why you can't blame the victims here. Have you never made a wrong decision? These people literally made 1 wrong decision that can now kill them. Yes, you should wear a condom, and yes bunnies should be able to fly and shit skittles for our enjoyment. But people sometimes don't wear condoms and bunnies unfortunately don't shit skittles (sorry okac!)
    But the reason why it's his fault is because he meant to do it. It was premeditated and he bragged about it.
    This. I agree his victims made a stupid decision and now its one that will cost them their life.
    But as I said in my earlier post, i made some stupid decisions in my early 20s. I was out of my mind and I am fully aware that the consequences I paid could have been so much worse. So I suppose I can almost identify with this guy's victims because in a way, that could have been me.
    I'm taking time today to thank God that those couple of foolish nights didn't lead to a deadly disease that I might be dead from by now.

There's always that one night in TJ when you drunkenly let some college guy and his buddies saddle you up and pump you like cheap brakes on a hooptie. You don't want to be stuck with the luv bug after something like that...
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    These people literally made 1 wrong decision that can now kill them. Yes, you should wear a condom, and yes bunnies should be able to fly and shit skittles for our enjoyment. But people sometimes don't wear condoms and bunnies unfortunately don't shit skittles (sorry okac!)
    Yes, people do it everyday. Choosing not to wear a seat belt while driving on the freeway which results with them in the morgue, forgetting to take heart medicine which results in a hear attack, etc etc etc. It only takes one big mistake to kill you.

Is wearing a condom really that difficult? Do people really think it's the biggest burden ever and not a huge risk not to wear one? It's not about judging those who don't wear one, it's just ridiculous that people who contract STD's are surprised when it happens to them. If you take the risk, you know the possible consequences, it's just a reality.

Thread Information