Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exercise Aids?

Wink Exercise Aids?

While swimming or doing water aerobics, some pregnant women desire using some of the varied exercise aids. These can include water weights, flotation devices, and so forth.

You might consider using them to help you exercise or to help you relax. Many moms resort to using flotation devices in the final months of pregnancy. This allows more of your body to remain underwater, while allowing you to float, much like your baby floats.

Kick boards are another water aid that can be useful while pregnant. Try taking a kick board with you as you semi-float around the pool. It can be useful to lie your head on as you float, or you can use it to hang on to while kicking your legs away.

A deep-water flotation belt can be handy if you aren't the best swimmer or you are trying to do your workouts in the deep end. The problem is that by the end of the second trimester, the belt may not fit your growing abdomen. Exercise caution when in deep water and talk to the lifeguards and other pool personnel about the use of flotation belts.

what do you use while pregnant?

i don't understand the question.

How do you keep in shape while pregnant??

Oh and welcome to mds.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Pregnant IS a shape, isn't it?

And an interesting one at that.. It's alien-like to me still, but if I did have a belly that was growing like that I fear I would be immobile.

I see others do it, yet it is so foreign to me.

I have always been skinny, until steroids. I still have skinny chicken legs. I've gained all the weight in my face and belly (my boobs haven't even grown, for real!) and I find it hard to tie my shoes, bend down to pick up things, wash/dry my feet. I've never been pregnant, but I sure look like it and feel like it!

Steroids are just terrible. They can help and completely fuck up a person at the same time. Fuckin drugs.

For realz! I've been off of them for about 7 months, but I can't get rid of the weight. I guess I'm at the age that it sticks around.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    For realz! I've been off of them for about 7 months, but I can't get rid of the weight. I guess I'm at the age that it sticks around.
    Oh dude.. how old are we today??

Yeah after a certain mark, it's harder to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Oh dude.. how old are we today??

Yeah after a certain mark, it's harder to lose.
    36 Physically going on 76 and mentally going on 12

36 Physically going on 76 and mentally going on 12
    30's suck in the fact that it is much harder to lose weight.

30's suck in the fact that it is much harder to lose weight.

Yeah. I remember when my family members would say, "just wait til you hit your 30's, you're gonna get a big butt and not be able to lose anything." I still haven't gotten a butt either. I was always a rail. Long arms and legs and family would always make comments about me being skinny. I wasn't doing anything to stay skinny, I just was. It's so uncomfortable too. I don't know how obese people handle being that big. have you seen My 600 pound life? I haven't actually watched it, but I've seen the commercials. How the hell do these people even function? I pop a shoulder every time I wipe my butt because it is out of normal reach now!

It's choosing to become more active than we are comfortable with, I think.

Don't know cause I haven't tried recently.

It's choosing to become more active than we are comfortable with, I think.

Don't know cause I haven't tried recently.
    I get exercise, but it must not be enough. I def think it takes more now than it did even a few years ago. I get some pretty good exercise with the fire department. My turnout gear is about 50 pounds, not including the breathing apparatus. The helmet, alone, is at least 10 pounds. My neck and shoulders are always sore after wearing it for a long time.

I get exercise, but it must not be enough. I def think it takes more now than it did even a few years ago. I get some pretty good exercise with the fire department. My turnout gear is about 50 pounds, not including the breathing apparatus. The helmet, alone, is at least 10 pounds. My neck and shoulders are always sore after wearing it for a long time.
    I am definitely not doing as much as I should be. The last couple of years I have relaxed so I am lazy. If and when I do get up and start doing something and nothing changes, I am going to blame it on old age.

We are dying. This. very. moment.

I am definitely not doing as much as I should be. The last couple of years I have relaxed so I am lazy. If and when I do get up and start doing something and nothing changes, I am going to blame it on old age.

We are dying. This. very. moment.
    I think I'm already dead and living in hell. I walk every day, but I can't do any speed walking or what ever it's called. I still don't lose anything, but I don't gain anymore either.
    I wouldn't mind only losing 20 pounds so I don't feel like I'm going to pass out when I stick my FF gear on. Plus, I could wipe my butt again without popping a shoulder.

I pretty much just walk for excercise, but I at least do that every single day, and sometimes walk considerable distances. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a lot more than what most people do.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Quote Originally Posted by wmdeeznuts View Post
    I pretty much just walk for excercise, but I at least do that every single day, and sometimes walk considerable distances. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a lot more than what most people do.
    Research supposedly says that walking everyday will help lose weight and decrease heart disease. I've read it a kazillion-trillion times. I guess I've plateaued because I don't lose or gain anymore. My diets pretty strict, too. I guess I just have to face the fact that I am fat and will stay fat.

I agree that sometimes you are just stuck with your body type. And that likely won't change if you are not willing to make drastic changes in your diet and excercise routine.

I want to be more muscular, but I'm just not willing to be a slave to my stomach and eat massive amounts of chicken everyday and go work out all the time. I just don't want it enough.

I agree that sometimes you are just stuck with your body type. And that likely won't change if you are not willing to make drastic changes in your diet and excercise routine.

I want to be more muscular, but I'm just not willing to be a slave to my stomach and eat massive amounts of chicken everyday and go work out all the time. I just don't want it enough.
    Yeah. I'm not going to do P90X or Insanity. Right now it is impossible with my limitations (not because I'm fat, but because of other medical problems). But, you are right. Most people just don't want it bad enough. I walk everyday, up hills, and up stairs. I'm not walking on a flat surface. It gets my heart rate up. The thing about my body type is that I was always rail thin. My nickname was "Stretch" because I looked like a "Stretch Armstrong" toy when playing softball. I played first base and I never missed a throw. I would keep a toe on that bag and stretch to catch a shitty throw. There were parents on other teams who went to the ball association to have me removed from first base because they said it wasn't fair that I was on first base and their kid couldn't get on base.

Yeah. I'm not going to do P90X or Insanity. Right now it is impossible with my limitations (not because I'm fat, but because of other medical problems). But, you are right. Most people just don't want it bad enough. I walk everyday, up hills, and up stairs. I'm not walking on a flat surface. It gets my heart rate up. The thing about my body type is that I was always rail thin. My nickname was "Stretch" because I looked like a "Stretch Armstrong" toy when playing softball. I played first base and I never missed a throw. I would keep a toe on that bag and stretch to catch a shitty throw. There were parents on other teams who went to the ball association to have me removed from first base because they said it wasn't fair that I was on first base and their kid couldn't get on base.

Holy shit, I just re-read this thread and realized it was about excercise for pregnant ladies, lolz.

So my asshole comment on that is "Why bother working out at all?" Just gain 75 pounds and blame it on the kid. Besides, you're about to be a mom, what do you need to be in shape and healthy for? It's all pretty much down hill from here on out...

Holy shit, I just re-read this thread and realized it was about excercise for pregnant ladies, lolz.

So my asshole comment on that is "Why bother working out at all?" Just gain 75 pounds and blame it on the kid. Besides, you're about to be a mom, what do you need to be in shape and healthy for? It's all pretty much down hill from here on out...
    Lulz! I guess I changed the topic, because, you know, that never happens.

Because everyone knows that motherhood = death.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

You don't have to be so morbid about it, but yea, that's basically the direction I was going...

Thread Information