Thread: Adam Adamowicz (42), Concept artist for video games such as Fallout 3 and Skyrim, passed away after a long battle with cancer

Adam Adamowicz (42), Concept artist for video games such as Fallout 3 and Skyrim, passed away after a long battle with cancer

One of Bethesda Games most important concept artists, the mind behind Fallout 3 and a major contributor to Skyrim and other Bethesda titles Adam Adamowicz has passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. His passing was quietly announced via Pete Hines’ via Twitter after Skyrim won best RPG at the Academy of Arts & Sciences awards last night.

In a passionate posting at awesome-robo, the impact this one man had on the worlds we inhabit daily can be felt and seen. While his contribution to gaming may not be well known (I’d never heard of Adam until today) I keenly feel the loss of his vision and will work now to understand the gifts his talent has given to me across the hundreds of hours I’ve put into Bethesda’s titles.

No artist is a one-dimensional being, though. Adamowicz worked in a variety of mediums, both two-dimensional and three-dimensional, which can still be viewed on his personal website. Unlike so many contemporary digital artists, Adam’s workspace was covered in hand-drawn art that eventually found home in the Wastelands of Washington D.C. and the high, snow-covered peaks of Skyrim.

The RipTen team offers their condolences to the friends and family of Adam and assure you that he left a mark on us all.
    http://www.ripten.com/2012/02/10/ada...ist-dies-mhib/

His website/blog: http://www.adamart08.blogspot.com/

A long write up on him: http://www.awesome-robo.com/2012/02/...sual-mind.html

Fallout 3 video feature with Adam at 1:30:

I know about 800 million people who want to be videogame designers, so now there is a job opening they can apply for!
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Wait, this has nothing to do with cars.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Wait, this has nothing to do with cars.
    A good chunk of my posts do not.

I actually did the math in some thread, about 25% of my posts are car related, maybe closer to 50% if you count ones that have a very obscure link to them.
    Last edited by boogieman; 02-16-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Thread Information