Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Woman jumped into traffic from bridge

Woman jumped into traffic from bridge

Not sure if this has been posted. Happened a couple hours ago. A few years ago, we saw police talk a jumper down from this same bridge (sorry, wmdeez )

http://www.10newstogo.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=34&nid=3168974490&cid=61&scid=-1&ith=1&title=News&headtitle=News

This is also close to Creature and Whack.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Sad, but know the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    This is also close to Creature and Whack.
    Great. Now wmdeez is really going to have issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Oops @ the title. I'm not into this phone app. Haha!
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

not that i have put a ton of thought into suicide, but i always thought that jumping into traffic was one of those incredibly selfish suicides. you are totally traumatizing other people and putting them in danger. so now the person that ran over her after she jumped is going to have that memory burned into their brains for the rest of their lives. thats terrible.

and plus, she could have caused multiple accidents if people would have started swerving.

Exactly. She sucks. In the comment section of one of the articles there were people calling her a bitch and people defending her. I'm not one of those people who judges suiciders at all, unless they're dicks like this. She must not have paid attention to Cracked's guideline.

E. Throwing yourself in front of a speeding train or car

Obviously this is the worst possible method, as it forces someone else to commit murder against their will. You know that horror movie Saw? That's what the bad guy in that movie did, forced other people to commit murder. So they actually make horror movies about what you'd be doing here, forcing someone else to live with that horrific memory. No, this one doesn't even deserve discussion.

Read more: The Ten Minute Suicide Guide | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_15658...#ixzz1mHWf9HsK

HOW DID I MISS THIS??? you all know how much i love local jumpers. this is what happens when i'm away from the internet. :) this is not far from where i work and very close to my pharmacy. looking at the time, i'm super glad i didn't pick up my prescription on friday or i would have been fucked.

i'm going to bring it up again but there are like, so many other better bridges to jump from, in my opinion. the last couple of jumpers/attempted jumpers picked bridges that, if you didn't get plowed by a car, there was till a chance of surviving. or they didn't die on impact. the jumper that i got stuck in seriously gnarly traffic for was supposedly alive for awhile (well, a few minutes) before he finally succumbed to his injuries.

Seriously! When I first got the update, I assumed they meant the Balboa Park bridge. Now that's a bridge worth jumping from. I mean if your going to go out like that, at least go out in style. A few years ago we saw a dude getting talked down from this same bridge the lady jumped from. I just don't get its popularity.

just when i opened my big mouth...there's no going back from the 805/8 overpass.

http://www.10news.com/news/30447087/detail.html

Man Jumps From I-805 Bridge In Mission Valley
    Westbound Interstate 8 Closed

POSTED: 10:29 am PST February 13, 2012
    UPDATED: 10:36 am PST February 13, 2012

SAN DIEGO -- A man has jumped from the southbound Interstate 805 connector ramp in Mission Valley Monday.

The man parked his gold Jaguar on the side of the road and climbed over the railing and jumped.

The man landed in the westbound lanes of Interstate 8.

A SigAlert has been issued and all westbound traffic is being diverted at Texas Street.

Stay with 10News and 10News.com for more information on this breaking story.

I'll take the Jaguar..

I always thought Niagra Falls would be a better place to jump from.

Whoa. This just happened today. Crazy. It's just a little rain, folks.

LOL at the comments. "Life in San Diego must suck for people."

I am not much of a beach person.. sand sucks.

this video kind of gives you an idea how far the guy fell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIazKjijGqc

Ouch.

he didn't pause, he just got out of the car, waved and jumped. i have to respect him for that, even if his death likely wreaked some serious havoc in the valley. he waited until after the morning rush. he likely also traumatized a hit ton of witnesses but he also managed to time it that he didn't drop on any cars and didn't get hit by any cars. yellow tarps on the freeway always make me really sad. the chp tried really hard to shield motorists from the body the freeway jumper whose aftermath i got stuck in last year but then i saw him all wrapped up in yellow in my rear view. :(

I often have impulses to jump out of moving vehicles. Just slight impulses, mainly on the highway. The teeniest little "what if I just opened the door right now and fell out" thought pop in there, never enough to make me do it, Just enough to make me think i am slightly crazy. Ive asked others if theyve had impulses like this and Im told Im not alone, My friend Says she has impulses to jump off of like bridges and tall buildings. Also not too long ago a 75 year old man had an impulse to run down a kid on the side of the highway changing his tire. well he gave into that impulse and my husband had to scrape that kid off the road.

Sorry, /mindless rant. Havent said much lately. Im blabbing to make up for it.

They blocked the ramp from Jag man's bridge going on to the 8 east this morning. No signs, no warning, nothing. I was rerouted and stuck on the bridge heading west. Lab starts at 8:00 and the door is locked at 8:00. I thought of the Jaguar man. Not that I'd jump, but Jesus. The City really can ruin people's lives doing that shit. If I'd have known, I could have taken a different route. In the past, they've posted signs when they do that. Fortunately I was given an exception, but damn. I could've missed a 4 hour lab class. I guess I should add checking the traffic report to my morning routine, too. It's really not a good idea to piss that many people off and force them to get suck on a really high overpass.

having a gold jag would make me want to live.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    If they're in SD, why didn't they pick the Coronado Bridge? Death is pretty much guaranteed.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Really? It sounds ugly. Maybe he couldn't make the payments.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    If they're in SD, why didn't they pick the Coronado Bridge? Death is pretty much guaranteed.
    the bridge he jumped from is pretty high. jumping off coronado is harder--not a whole lot of parking and they like, look for that kind of thing. oh and you don't always die. there was that guy a few years ago that jumped, taking a police dog with him. the dog died but he didn't and he went to jail for killing a police officer. it was dicussed here. http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ith-police-dog

If you're intentionally trying to take people out with you that is one thing, but if they just happen to witness it, or roll over your corpse on accident, it's still not quite as bad. Their suicide is nothing personal against YOU, the passer-by. You just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I mean, if I blow my brains out, I realize someone out there will have to clean the mess up afterwards. And that's kind of rude to do that to them. But as a suicidist, you have the right to disregard other's feelings at that point.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Quote Originally Posted by wmdeeznuts View Post
    If you're intentionally trying to take people out with you that is one thing, but if they just happen to witness it, or roll over your corpse on accident, it's still not quite as bad. Their suicide is nothing personal against YOU, the passer-by. You just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I mean, if I blow my brains out, I realize someone out there will have to clean the mess up afterwards. And that's kind of rude to do that to them. But as a suicidist, you have the right to disregard other's feelings at that point.
    In my opinion there is a difference between seeing someone commit suicide while you're just passing by or someone that has to clean up the mess when you shoot your brains out in the privacy of your home.

The person cleaning up the mess is someone that chose to do a job that involves scraping brains of a wall. You don't choose to see someone jumping of a bridge in front of your car.
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Thread Information