Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Powell, a suspect in his wife's disappearance, intentionally blew up his house while he was inside with his two sons

Susan Powell - missing since 6 December 09 - Husband acting strangely

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012...h_his_two_sons

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844

Friends and neighbors hold vigil for missing West Valley woman
    December 10th, 2009 @ 10:15pm
    WEST VALLEY CITY -- While police continued their investigation into the case of a missing West Valley City woman, her friends and neighbors held a candlelight vigil Thursday night to bring awareness to her story and hopefully help bring her home.

Candlelight vigil held for Susan Powell

About 50 people gathered at West View Park in West Valley City in honor of their friend, 28-year-old Susan Powell.

Susan Powell's husband, Josh, attended Thursday night's vigil but would not talk to KSL News. Susan disappeared Sunday. Her father, Charles Cox, told KSL News her husband, Josh Powell, said he took the couple's children camping Sunday night and came home Monday to find his wife missing.

Josh was at Thursday's vigil with their two children, but he would not speak to KSL News about Susan's disappearance.

The vigil's organizer, Kiirsi Hellewell, is a very good friend of Susan's. She said Susan is very responsible and would never have left without telling anyone. Hellewell said she's certain something bad has happened to her friend.

"The more days that go by, the less hopeful it seems," Hellewell said. "She wouldn't leave, and I don't know how to tell people that enough. She would not leave her children, and she wouldn't leave without letting her family know."

Neighbor talks about conversation with Josh Powell

Earlier in the day Thursday, the Powells' neighbor talked to KSL News about a conversation he had with Josh Powell Wednesday night.

Tim Peterson said Josh asked him for a ride to pick up his van, which police had searched. He said Josh's behavior was odd and he didn't know what to make of it.

Neighbor Tim Peterson describes Josh Powell's behavior as "odd" when the two spoke Wednesday night. "She's a friend of ours, and this is tearing us up," Peterson said.

Like many others, Peterson has a lot of questions about Susan's disappearance, and he didn't get any answers from Josh.

"He'd only had like six hours of sleep in two days, and so he was just kind of in a haze. He just really wasn't himself," Peterson said. "Anytime we mentioned Susan, he didn't, he wouldn't respond. He wouldn't talk about her."

But Peterson said Josh did talk about having to buy new clothes and a new quilt. He said Josh also told him he last saw Susan just after midnight Monday, when he left with his two young boys to go camping.

Peterson said Josh told him they went camping to test a new generator and make s'mores.

"I said, ?€˜That's kind of odd, isn't it?' And he says, ?€˜We do things like that all the time.' He says, ?€˜I just get them up, they use the bathroom, and [I] load them in the vehicle, and we go,'" Peterson said.

In August, Peterson said Susan confided in him that she and her husband were going to start marriage counseling. He said she told him Josh was very controlling.

"He's kind of in charge. He's in charge of everything: in charge of the computer, in charge of the house, in charge of the kids, in charge of her," Peterson said.

He said Susan also told him if things didn't get better by spring, she'd leave her husband. He hopes that had nothing to do with her disappearance.

"We love the Powells. We are praying for Susan," Peterson said.

Peterson would not tell KSL News where Josh went camping.

Police continue investigation with little new information

All police would say Thursday is that they are verifying Josh's statements and checking some areas. Forensics teams, meanwhile, are going over what was taken from the home during a warrant search.

Josh and Susan Powell and their boys "We have seized several items -- I'm not going to get real specific about what items -- but to process forensically to see if that can shed any light on the situation," said West Valley police Capt. Tom McLachlan.

McLachlan said Susan and Josh's children have now been interviewed, although he admitted it was a difficult process.

"You have to be very cognizant that they may be tying two different situations together in one," he said.

Police are also continuing to interview Susan's family and friends, looking for any clues as to where she might be.

Friends ramp up search for Susan Powell

Meanwhile, friends of Susan distributed fliers Thursday with Susan's picture and description.

Tami Allen used to live in Susan's neighborhood and brought fliers to her work. She was spreading the word about Susan's disappearance to all her tenants at the storage facility where she works.

Allen said doing this makes her feel like she's helping in some way.

"Obviously, it breaks my heart. I think about it all day, every day," Allen said. "I just keep wondering what happened to her, and I just want her home safe."

Marki Davis, with A-Team Investigative Services, specializes in missing persons cases. She said it's important to get Susan's name and face out there.

"On social networks, websites, forums, blogs, everywhere we can possibly do," Davis said.

She said if the public sees Susan's picture, they will be reminded that she is still missing and to be on the lookout for her.

Davis said her company is also offering to help the family out, since they could be going through an emotional roller coaster at this time.

Susan Powell is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. If anyone has any information about her whereabouts, you're asked to call the West Valley Police Department at 801-840-4000.

------

Story compiled with contributions from Jennifer Stagg, Sandra Yi, Andrew Adams and Cleon Wall.
    Last edited by Olivia; 02-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

Re: Susan Powell - missing since 6 December 09 - Husband acting strangely

I am just going to say that something is not right.. I just think it is odd when the husband will not talk to reporters. I know that if someone I love was missing I would be on every camera close to me begging for their return..

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

dec 27, 2009?  its only dec 12th.  is this some weird future thing?  :2huh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

PSYCHIC REPORTER IS PSYCHIC

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23510.msg1473830#msg1473830 date=1260621016]
    dec 27, 2009?  its only dec 12th.  is this some weird future thing?  :2huh:
    [/quote]That was my first thought. Then I thought I was just being stupid.

Was supposed to put December 6th.. I was fighting with my ex about the 27th and that must have been stuck in my head..
    Sorry!!!  :2embarrassed:

Not looking too good for the husband

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9041059

Going camping at 1230 in the morning IN THE SNOW without mom seems very suspious to me. Then to miss work and school (or daycare...whatever) -- all very strange.  I'm going to take a guess and said her dad does not want to point the finger at the husband to keep him from maybe harming himself or the kids?!?!

Olivia

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=198478842187&ref=search&sid= 540371421.3728096984..1

I think this may be the husband -

http://www.myspace.com/135705114

Olivia

Police have said the behavior of a Utah man who has refused to cooperate in the search for his missing wife is not normal and have named the man a person of interest in the mysterious disappearance of 28-year-old Susan Powell.

โ€œ[I would] describe him as abnormal under the circumstances,โ€ West Valley City, Utah, Assistant Police Chief Craig Black said of Susanโ€™s husband, Josh Powell, Thursday during an interview with TODAYโ€™s Matt Lauer. โ€œThis is not normally what we see happen.โ€

Usually the families of missing persons are eager to help police, Black has told reporters. But after talking to police on Dec. 7, the day relatives reported Susan missing, Powell has hired a defense attorney and declined to talk to authorities further.

โ€˜Uncomfortableโ€™ questions
    โ€œWe feel that Josh, probably more than anyone else, could provide us information and insight into what has happened to Susan, whether it be foul play or not at this point,โ€ Black told Lauer. โ€œWe would truly like to visit with him, interview him and, frankly, ask him some questions about things he may even be uncomfortable talking to us about that would help lead us to find her.โ€

So far, Black said, Powell has given only information that would help police identify Susan if they do find her. He also did not give specific information as to his own whereabouts when his wife disappeared.

Powell said that he decided to take his two sons โ€” Charlie, age 4, and Raden, age 2 โ€” camping on the night of Sunday, Dec. 6. They left sometime near midnight and he said they camped in the west desert on the old Pony Express trail, sleeping in their minivan in subfreezing temperatures.

Even Susanโ€™s family members acknowledge that such a trip at such an hour was not out of the ordinary for Josh. Josh told police that Susan didnโ€™t feel well and stayed home.

When the boys didnโ€™t show up at day care the next day and Susan didnโ€™t show up for work, police were notified. They broke into the house, where they found Susanโ€™s cell phone and purse and two fans trained on a wet spot on the living room carpet.

When Josh Powell returned later that afternoon with the boys, he said he did not know what happened to Susan. Because of an overnight snowstorm and Powellโ€™s vague description of where he was, police said they have not even been able to locate the campsite.

TODAY
    Craig Black, assistant police chief in West Valley City, Utah, said that police have questions they would like to ask Joshua Powell about his wifeโ€™s disappearance.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

โ€œWhere he described he went camping is just a vast area. It covers desert terrain and mountain terrain,โ€ Black said.

Clues in a notepad?
    Utah newspapers have reported that police in West Valley City, a Salt Lake City suburb, have taken a notebook from Susanโ€™s desk at work as evidence. The papers have reported that the notebook may contain clues about marital problems the couple is said to have been experiencing. But Black declined to talk about any evidence that his department may have collected, instead continuing his public request that Josh Powell submit to questioning.

Meanwhile, Susanโ€™s family continues to refrain from publicly suspecting Josh of being involved in Susanโ€™s disappearance.

Susanโ€™s brother, Kirk Graves, also talked with Lauer Thursday. Speaking from his home in Las Vegas, Graves said the family hopes that Josh will speak to police to help their investigation. At the same time, though, Graves said, โ€œWe understand his desire to get an attorney.โ€

Joshua Powell told police he last saw his wife before taking their sons on a late-night camping trip.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lauer said itโ€™s hard to imagine a husband who would not want to give police every bit of information he could to find a wife at a moment when time is of the essence.

โ€œI would agree with that,โ€ Graves said without elaboration.

Graves said he has seen Josh and spoken to him, but has not had a chance to ask him specific questions. โ€œHeโ€™s quiet. We havenโ€™t had a chance to have any conversations on specific questions, such as where is Susan?โ€ he told Lauer. โ€œHeโ€™s just very stressed, heโ€™s concerned, but nothing more than that.โ€

โ€˜I just pray noโ€™
    Local newspapers have reported that Josh had become more controlling after he and his wife moved to Utah from Washington state. The couple had filed for bankruptcy in 2007, and money may have been a problem.

Graves said that his wife, Jennifer, and Susan were close and talked about the state of the marriage.

TODAY
    Asked if he thought Joshua Powell had anything to do with Susan Powellโ€™s disappearance, her brother, Kirk Graves, said, โ€œI just pray no.โ€

โ€œJosh is an interesting person,โ€ Graves said. โ€œHeโ€™s a little different personality. I think โ€˜controllingโ€™ is a safe word to use, but I also donโ€™t think it should be overused.โ€

Lauer ended the interview by asking Graves, โ€œIn your heart of hearts, do you think Josh had anything to do with Susanโ€™s disappearance?โ€

โ€œWow,โ€ Graves said before continuing. โ€œIโ€™ve very carefully avoided analyzing that question. On my part, thereโ€™s too many emotions, too many family members. I just pray no.โ€
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34460904/ns/today-today_people?GT1=43001

This happened near where I live and I'm pretty sure the husband is guilty. I had to walk a few blocks to work the morning after Josh took the kids "camping" and it was 6 degrees outside and that's at 7:30am. I thought my face was going to freeze off! No one in their right mind would take toddlers camping in that.

I really hope I am wrong

I'm tipsy and tired, so I was reading this thinking it was Susan Boyle.  :oops:

[quote author=Shaudzie link=topic=23585.msg1480163#msg1480163 date=1261094048]
    This happened near where I live and I'm pretty sure the husband is guilty. I had to walk a few blocks to work the morning after Josh took the kids "camping" and it was 6 degrees outside and that's at 7:30am. I thought my face was going to freeze off! No one in their right mind would take toddlers camping in that.

I really hope I am wrong
    [/quote]

I have a feeling you are not wrong.

http://connect2utah.com/content/fulltext/?cid=67882

Here is a link to an interview with the husband shortly after Susan went missing.

He reminds me a little of Mark Hacking. He was also from my area. He shot his wife in the head while she slept and pretended like she never came home from a jog.
    Josh acts a lot like Mark did before he confessed. Will not keep eye contact with the camera, Avoids details, seems nervous. Hmmm poor susan!

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=23585.msg1480624#msg1480624 date=1261125666]
    I'm tipsy and tired, so I was reading this thinking it was Susan Boyle.   :oops:
    [/quote]

That made me lol IRL.  :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

I know that it is wrong to rush to judgement but I am saying he did it. And he made up a stupid story. He really could have come up with something better then taking two toddlers camping when it is freezing. Ok and if he didn't do anything to her well I am sorry this is what the world has done to me.

Is this guy challenged?  I'm not trying to be an ass but I just saw a brief interview with him and he sounds mentally challenged  :|

His friend reports that after he rented the car and put hundreds of miles on it he talked to him. He had bright red wind burn on his face and his hands were severely chapped and he kept rubbing lotion on his hands.

His story is too bizarre.  Guilty 
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=23585.msg1480624#msg1480624 date=1261125666]
    I'm tipsy and tired, so I was reading this thinking it was Susan Boyle.   :oops:
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol:
    When I read it, I thought it was Susan Powter.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/pilots/2008/03/medium_susanbuild02-vi.jpg

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=23585.msg1486332#msg1486332 date=1261618530]
    :lol: :lol:
    When I read it, I thought it was Susan Powter.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/pilots/2008/03/medium_susanbuild02-vi.jpg

[/quote]

That's who I thought of, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=Shaudzie link=topic=23585.msg1481202#msg1481202 date=1261180117]
    http://connect2utah.com/content/fulltext/?cid=67882

Here is a link to an interview with the husband shortly after Susan went missing.

[/quote]

There's a telling line in that video and since it's uncut it's not taken out of context.  If it was me and someone said "you know on the internet and you know this that the husband is the first person to be a suspect."  I wouldn't just say, "I didn't do it."  My first reaction when I heard that was, "I love my wife, there's no way I could do something like this."

He never mentioned how much he cared about her.  In a whole 6 minute video he never said anything about loving her.

That's creepy, at least to me.

his wife's whereabouts are still unknown, but he's packing up his stuff, and moving from utah to washington.  :|  :roll:

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14161676

West Valley City ยป Josh Powell, whose wife, Susan, has been missing for more than a month, continued Sunday to pack for a move to Washington state.

The 33-year-old started packing his West Valley City home shortly after noon with the help of four friends and neighbors. They loaded boxes, bags and wood from the garage to a moving van and attached trailer, continuing a job that started Saturday morning.

Powell declined to speak with the a Tribune reporter when approached. Powell plans to move to his hometown of Puyallup, Wash., friends say. The Powells' sons, ages 2 and 4, are already there. The move comes after he was fired from his job as a computer programmer for a trucking and warehousing company, friends have said.

His 28-year-old wife, Susan Powell, was reported missing Dec. 7. Josh Powell told police he last saw her about 12:30 a.m., when he took their two sons camping in the snowy west desert. Police have said he later stopped cooperating with officers who wanted to know, among other things, exactly where he went camping. They have said he is the only person of interest in the case, but have not named him a suspect.

Since Susan Powell's disappearance, friends and family members have worked to keep her case in the public eye, drawing national attention through traditional and online media.

* wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

Holy shit. Her husband is packing up and moving out of state. This fucker is more guilty than Scott Peterson.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=23510.msg1507788#msg1507788 date=1263601312]
    Holy shit. Her husband is packing up and moving out of state. This fucker is more guilty than Scott Peterson.
    [/quote]

seriously.  he's an asshole.  :x

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23510.msg1508140#msg1508140 date=1263618463]
    seriously.  he's an asshole.   :x
    [/quote]I don't see how it's possible for him to be able to leave. I wonder why LE is letting this float. He did something to her. I guess they just don't have enough/any evidence at this point.

His lack of an upper lip makes me want to punch him in the mouth. So does his obvious lying face.

I am declaring him guilty. Yes, Ron, without a trial. God told me to.  :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Thread Information