Thread: Rhonda Waits (46) found dead in her tanning bed after being there more than a day

Rhonda Waits (46) found dead in her tanning bed after being there more than a day

what a gross thing to come home to.

Rhonda:

A Texas woman was found dead in her tanning bed face down Sunday morning after possibly laying there for more than a day.

The body of Rhonda Waits, 46, was discovered by her boyfriend in their shared Samsom Park home after returning from a three-day vacation.

The tanning bed, which operated on a timer, was found off when police responded to her boyfriend's call for help.

'Just couldn't believe it because, as far as we know, there nothing was wrong with her,' Ms Waits' neighbour of 15 years Craig Thommason told CBS 11.

'[She was] real friendly. Every time I saw her out, she always talked to me,' Mr Thommason said.

Police say a radio had been left on in the house and medications were found nearby but there were no signs of forced entry to the home or foul play.

The medical examiner has yet to make a final ruling on Ms Waits' cause of death though they have eliminated one possible cause:

'I've spoken to the medical examiners officer. There is no sign that her death was linked to the tanning bed,' Samson Park Police Chief Randy Driver told CBS.

Ms Waits' daughter has told CBS that there were no indications of her mother having health problems.

Police are waiting toxicology reports to determine her cause of death.

Thanks for posting this one. I remember seeing on the TCME site but didn't make a thread for it :)

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    what a gross thing to come home to.

Rhonda:

A Texas woman was found dead in her tanning bed face down Sunday morning after possibly laying there for more than a day.

The body of Rhonda Waits, 46, was discovered by her boyfriend in their shared Samsom Park home after returning from a three-day vacation.

The tanning bed, which operated on a timer, was found off when police responded to her boyfriend's call for help.

'Just couldn't believe it because, as far as we know, there nothing was wrong with her
    ,' Ms Waits' neighbour of 15 years Craig Thommason told CBS 11.

'[She was] real friendly. Every time I saw her out, she always talked to me,' Mr Thommason said.

Police say a radio had been left on in the house and medications were found nearby but there were no signs of forced entry to the home or foul play.

The medical examiner has yet to make a final ruling on Ms Waits' cause of death though they have eliminated one possible cause:

'I've spoken to the medical examiners officer. There is no sign that her death was linked to the tanning bed,' Samson Park Police Chief Randy Driver told CBS.

Ms Waits' daughter has told CBS that there were no indications of her mother having health problems.

Police are waiting toxicology reports to determine her cause of death.

Ahh good call. I didnt even realize that

It could be OTC meds for cold or sinus, but that still a medical problem. A lot of people don't consider coughs, colds, flu, sinus, etc. as a problem, but they do kill people. I had a 23 year old organ donor that had a massive sinus infection, it eated her brain.

A sinus infection can do that?

If it's left untreated. It's bacterial and spread to her brain and infected it. She started acting all silly so her family took her to the ER and she never left, whole, again.

wow i had no idea.

Its crazy the things that we worry about killing us and never think of the small normal ones.

wow i had no idea.

Its crazy the things that we worry about killing us and never think of the small normal ones.
    And, that's why it happens. I don't know the statistics, but it does happen. "Small" illnesses can become large problems when left untreated.

C'mon we all know everybody wanted to hear that she "cooked to death" under the tanning bed. Admit it.

The fact that she died from a complication of prescription meds takes all the fun right out of this story.

If she was found face down in a regular bed there would be no story at all. She'd be just one of thousands of uneventful deaths that day.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Yea that brings up another question, do people typically lay face down in a tanning bed? I thought it burns ya from both sides?

Ive never been in one

Yea that brings up another question, do people typically lay face down in a tanning bed? I thought it burns ya from both sides?

Ive never been in one
    Maybe the bulbs on top were burnt out, so the only way to get tan on top was to face down. Those bulbs are spensive!

I've been in one and the lights are on both sides. But maybe she had a cheaper one that only had the bulbs on one side. Plus, regardless of which side it is tanning, whether it's your back, front, or both, she may have prefered to lay face down out of comfort.

Incidentally, my buddy who died a couple years back was found dead face down on the carpet. He was known to go lie down in the living room floor when he had trouble sleeping. He actually chose to lie on the floor, face down. And he ended up expiring in that position. Laying face down makes it harder for you to breath, increasing your chances of death under many different circumstances. And yep, pills were the cause of his death too.

you tan?

I tan outside by the pool during the summer. In highschool I got a few free sessions at a tanning parlor, so that's how I know about the beds.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    If it's left untreated. It's bacterial and spread to her brain and infected it. She started acting all silly so her family took her to the ER and she never left, whole, again.
    I had a sinus infection that I let go too long when I was about 19. My mom took me to urgent care because I started to hallucinate from the pain. I kept saying my head was going to explode. It was horrible.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    I had a sinus infection that I let go too long when I was about 19. My mom took me to urgent care because I started to hallucinate from the pain. I kept saying my head was going to explode. It was horrible.
    People think I'm lying when I tell them stories from my transplant and pathology days. Shit is real, bro.

Thread Information