Thread: Student Killed Trying to Board Bus To School

Student Killed Trying to Board Bus To School

My son was on another bus and heard this unfold over the bus radio this morning. He knew the kid and I worked with the bus driver. The children on the bus saw this boy get run down. I'm not sure if the boy's family witnessed the accident. It happened in front of his home. My heart is breaking for the family of this teen.

Just like parents everywhere, this morning was supposed to be just another Monday of getting the kids off to school. We never consider that there's an asshole out in the world that thinks they are too damn important to come to a stop when a bus has it's stop sign extended. Losing a child to someone else's outright stupidity enrages me. This could have been my kid.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/local-new...stop/418732234

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

So sad. People are always blowing pass buses and not even caring! Last year I saw posts going around about buses going to be equipped with cameras for when cars pass them when they have the signs out on fb...I really wish they would start doing that. My kids started riding a bus this school year and I'm scared and we don't even live on a busier road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ugh, that's terrible! People are so self absorbed these days and it translates in to their driving. Its all about them and nobody else matters. That poor family, those kids and that driver to have to witness that. Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

That's sad & all round fucked up. Hugs to you & your kid xxxx

It's heartstopping when it's just a near miss or minor injuries, to actually be there for the worst - & then the aftermath, would be so awful

Just wondering- does the bus driver have to make sure everything is clear before waving a kid to cross?
    I know when my girls rode the bus, they had to cross the street. The bus driver would put up the signs and lights and she would look both ways before waving the girls to cross. If a car was coming down the road, she always motioned for the kids to stay until she was sure that car stopped. (BTW- I live on a very hilly road. There are lots of blind spots)

All article do say he was going 55mphs.
    http://www.jdnews.com/news/20170327/...-in-teen-death
    The picture of the scene- if this is accurate, I don't see how this guy didn't see the bus lights? LE mentions in the article they are checking his phone. I bet he was on his phone.
    [IMG][/IMG]

There's a bus every morning that stops on my street but doesn't put their sign out because they usually wait for a minute for the kid that rides. I still feel really weird passing it and do so at maybe 2 mph. Blowing past this bus was no mistake... judging from the angle of the shadows in that pic it's possible sun was in the drivers eyes but if it's bad enough that you can't see anything at all why just keep on going blindly? I really hope that's what happened as opposed to this guy just mowing down a kid to get to work quicker.

You all have seen past posts of me mentioning my son's Asperger's/Spectrum disorder. He has been doing so well since we moved and adapting to his new school. We had total meltdown this morning. He hasn't had a meltdown since we moved. This morning he said he was not riding the "fucking" bus and he was not going to "fucking" school. I begged and pleaded and he ain't budging. So, I stayed home with him today.

It turns out, the boy that was killed and my son had mutual friends, and they interacted occasionally. He described the boy as very nice person. We talked last night and I thought he was dealing. He described the silence in the school as deafening. He said every teacher yesterday staying on the verge of tears. He described hearing the bus driver calling for help over the bus radio yesterday morning. He also told me what his friends that were on the bus said they saw. As, he told me all of this last night, his eyes stayed welled up with tears.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

this is so horrific. my heart goes out to everyone, the family of the child, the kids on the bus, the kids in school, the drivers, the teachers, the community.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Horrifying. Queen, I'm so sorry. I have a son who suffers from anxiety disorders and I know how hard the every day world can be to deal with, much less a day like this. Bless his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Queena ~ I am so very sorry. This is clearly very upsetting for your son.

queen. I'm sorry.

I go out of my way to avoid known bus routes. The other day, I was behind one that stopped and I waited for about five minutes while they had the lights flashing with no kids around. Finally I flipped a bitch (what an odd term) and went down a different street because there was no way I was going to pass with the lights flashing even if it seemed like there was no reason for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Wow Queen, your son must be devastated. He's lucky to have you as his mom to help him through this. ~hugs

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah, buses here in LA are rare. They basically make most people bring their own kids to school in their personal cars and people set up car pools. They line up in front of the schools to drop the kids off. It's too dangerous with the way people drive in LA and if there were school buses to take every kid to school here, you'd have absolute chaos and even MORE traffic which is just.... Yeah.

You do see them, but mostly they're there to either bus kids to a far away school or special needs. It's rare to see them.

I'm so sorry that your Son is going through this, Queen. It sounds like it's affecting him deeply.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Buses are rare here, too. I do see one on my street, but the bus pulls right up in front of the kid's house so he doesn't have to cross the street.

Reading a comment on the article, someone posted it was very foggy that morning. Why was the driver going 55 if it was super foggy? What was the posted speed limit? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Buses are rare here, too. I do see one on my street, but the bus pulls right up in front of the kid's house so he doesn't have to cross the street.

Reading a comment on the article, someone posted it was very foggy that morning. Why was the driver going 55 if it was super foggy? What was the posted speed limit? Just curious.
    Other people contradicted the fog thing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Other people contradicted the fog thing though.
    Oh, guess I didn't read all the comments, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information