Thread: Garrett Selleys (23) was arrested on drug charges - says Xanax makes him want to rob cars

Garrett Selleys (23) was arrested on drug charges - says Xanax makes him want to rob cars

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...x_makes_me.php

According to the medical website drugs.com, some of the side effects of Xanax include decreased sexual desire or ability, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, light-headedness, nausea, tiredness, and weight changes.

One of the more severe side effects (as you can see in the mugshot to the right) is red, swollen blistered, or peeling skin.

The unexplained desire to burglarize a car, however, is not on the list, but being under the influence of the drug is the explanation 23-year-old Garrett Selleys gave police as to why he broke into a car and stole an iPad earlier this year.

Selleys was arrested yesterday after police tracked an iPad stolen out of a vehicle in August to a pawn shop -- and then to Selleys.

According to court records obtained by New Times, on August 22, the victim reported his iPad -- worth about $700 -- was stolen out of his car.

Police tracked down the stolen iPad at the Mo' Money Pawn Shop at 1152 East Indian School Road in Phoenix, where transaction records showed that the iPad was sold by Selleys -- he used his Arizona driver's license as identification for the sale, and even signed the pawn receipt with his own name.

Yesterday, police tracked down Selleys at his girlfriend/co-defendant's house. When the cops dropped by, Selleys and his girlfriend, 22-year-old Brittany Joann Reppert, were in possession of seven grams of heroin, syringes, baggies, and a scale.

​The couple admitted to police that they'd done heroin and snorted bath salts the night before. Then Selleys told police about the August burglary.

According to Selleys, he and a friend, "Jack," were walking late at night near the victim's house when they broke into the unlocked car and took the iPad.

The two went back to Jack's place to sleep, and in the morning Selleys took the iPad to the pawn shop, where he hawked the device to get money for drugs.

When asked why he stole the iPad, Selleys told police he was under the influence of Xanax. When he's on Xanax, he explained to police, the drug makes him want to break into cars.

Selleys -- an admitted drug addict who's currently on probation -- was booked into jail on one count each of narcotic drug possession for sale, possession of drug paraphernalia, burglary, trafficking stolen property, and narcotic drug possession for use.

Reppert also was arrested on similar charges.

As a friendly reminder to not become a heroin addict, have a look below at the couple during what appear to be happier times (compliments of Reppert's Facebook page -- ironically, Reppert's favorite quote is "A friend will bail you out of jail... A best friend will be in the cell next to yours saying, damn that was fun!").

Drugs are bad m'kay kids?!?!

Before -

After

His FB - http://www.facebook.com/garrett.selleys1?sk=wall

H
    is GF - http://www.facebook.com/brittycat

He looks high as a kite in the picture with the baby. In the "after" picture he looks like the photo on the cover of a booklet the Government distributed here in the 80's, to warn everyone about the dangers of heroin.

Eh, I hope they both sort themselves out, just for the little boy.

Garrett Selleys
    When I saw this I just HAD to copy n paste it for the peeps to enjoy also... Thanks to heather rexall for posting

Drugs---I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold, and if u need me, remember I'm easily found. I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me...you'll see, but if you do, you may never break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways. I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate from friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything your family, your home, your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to b bold. You couldve said no, and just walked away. If you could re live that day, what would u say? Ill be your master, you will be my slave, Ill even go wit u, when u go to ur grave, So now that u kno me,what will u do? Will u try me or not? Its all up to u. I will bring u more misery than words can tell.Share ? December 5 at 7:19pm via mobile ?

http://books.google.com/books?id=yng...ifting&f=false

Many abusers of benzo pills such as Klonopin (clonazepam) have shoplifting as a side effect. Such as this poster I found;

jimmyfingers
    07-10-2011, 11:35 AM

I have read having the impulse to shoplift while on benzos. I can attest to this. Shoplifting just seems like a perfect idea at the time. Doing dumb shit on benzos is almost 100% guaranteed. This is why I only take small doses when I do decide to take them.

I girl I knew worked at a high end clothing boutique. She also got a script on Xanax once a month. Of course, she would blow through them in 5 days and end up stealing all types of shit from her job, but she would go back to being a great employee after these 5 days.

http://forum.opiophile.org/archive/i.../t-35627.html?

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Loss of inhibition with benzos would explain the stealing. Pretty simple.

Shit, MJ was popping 30-40 zannies per DAY, and he didn't have face blisters. And I've known all kinds of pill poppers that ate these things like candy, yet didn't have any meth scars all over their face.

This kid is doing it wrong.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Whaaaa? Just makes me want to lay around. Stealing or breaking into cars would be waaaayyyy too much effort.

Also, this is probably naive... but why would a person snort bath salts?

Quote Originally Posted by wmdeeznuts View Post
    Shit, MJ was popping 30-40 zannies per DAY, and he didn't have face blisters. And I've known all kinds of pill poppers that ate these things like candy, yet didn't have any meth scars all over their face.

This kid is doing it wrong.
    MJ, for the most part, had excellent care and plenty of money. That aside, everybody's body chemistry is different. Some can smoke a lifetime and never get lung cancer and some who never smoke do. Clearly a possible side effect of his drug abuse was a skin problem. And, yes, anyone abusing drugs is doing it wrong.

The guy in this story (and his girlfriend) are both heroin addicts, though. Smack and not looking after yourself will do that to your skin.

MJ had other skin issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
    MJ had other skin issues.
    Indeed

I take Klonopin and I don't steal random things. Lol. But wow to the face rash. If I had to arrest that dude, I'd wear a bio suit.

And now I know what "bath salts" are. But it was totally the Xanax that made him do it. Not the hallucinogens or opiates.

Thread Information