Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ship aground off Italy; 3 bodies found, 69 missing

They mentioned something about that in one of the links above. Hotdogging it we call it when one of our dump truck drivers do it. I would still go on a cruise, I am with Zee, this is highly unusual. What a moron this captain was....and look what it cost innocent people.

Since the ship didn't sink all the way, it is sad that some of the people couyldn't make it too the high aside and wait it out.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    They mentioned something about that in one of the links above. Hotdogging it we call it when one of our dump truck drivers do it. I would still go on a cruise, I am with Zee, this is highly unusual. What a moron this captain was....and look what it cost innocent people.
    Innocent? A cruise is the Devil's playground. Nothing but filth gong on I bet. Capsizing that boat was God's way of throwing out the trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I am still stunned....how horrifying....I know I wondered about that too, but from what I read the crew kept telling people to return to their cabins so by the time it tilted so badly and the power went I am wondering if they were in the dark and disoriented??

This whole thing makes me think of The Poseidon Adventure, except that it didn't happen in the middle of the ocean.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    This whole thing makes me think of The Poseidon Adventure, except that it didn't happen in the middle of the ocean.
    Reading the description of people crawling up the hallways, I was thinking the same thing!

I have loved every cruise I have been on.
    They serve free pizza 24 hours a day NUFF SAID

The way they go over and over evacuation procedures i thought they had their shit together.
    The quote where the couple handed that lady thier baby makes me want to cry
    That being said, I wouldnt take a baby on a cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    I have loved every cruise I have been on.
    They serve free pizza 24 hours a day NUFF SAID

The way they go over and over evacuation procedures i thought they had their shit together.
    The quote where the couple handed that lady thier baby makes me want to cry
    That being said, I wouldnt take a baby on a cruise.
    Yeah, I don't see the point of having a baby with you on a cruise.

And I have loved every cruise I have been on too.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

I wanna go on one!

On our honeymoon, part of our cruise was from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca - we initially launched from Civitavecchia.(We were on a Holland America line) I can't imagine being on a ship and this happens. You do the muster drills and all that but don't think anything can happen. I just can not imagine what those people were going through - it's a freaking nightmare. I'm watching the news right now and the couple saying the only people that were helping were waiters and housekeeping. Freaking shameful of the rest of the crew to abandon the passengers.
    Last edited by mialynneb; 01-16-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

HG, you realize that the pizza was well paid for in the cost of the cruise right? lol
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

Pictured at her birthday celebration: The little girl, 5, still missing after boarding the ill-fated Costa Concordia cruise ship with her father

Smiling with the cake at her fifth birthday party, this is the youngest victim of the Costa Concordia disaster.

Dyana Arlotti was one of the 29 still missing feared drowned yesterday after the vessel ran aground.

Her father William also failed to make it ashore.

Mr Arlotti, 34, from Rimini, who is divorced from Dyana’s mother, had taken his daughter on the cruise with his current partner as a treat.

Yesterday her distraught mother Susy Albertini told of her frantic search for news of her daughter.

‘I’ve made hundreds of calls to my ex-husband’s mobile phone but there is no answer,’ she said. ‘I called all the authorities, the police, the town hall and the fire brigade but no one knows anything .

‘The last time I saw Dyana was on Thursday morning. I took her to nursery. Her father picked her up in the evening. It’s not the first time that she’s gone with her dad on a cruise – they both enjoy it. Dyana was happy when she left.

‘They boarded the ship on Friday in Civitavecchia. I heard from William’s parents on Saturday morning that there were problems with the boat.’

Mr Arlotti and his daughter became separated from his partner Michela Maroncelli in the confusion to reach the lifeboats.

Miss Maroncelli, 32, said: ‘I climbed into a lifeboat but in the chaos I lost contact with William. I heard someone screaming, “Throw him a rope” and I was petrified that they were talking about him. I didn’t see William or Dyana again.’

Last night as darkness fell, Miss Albertini, 28, was anxiously waiting on the mainland for the search for her daughter to resume.

Meanwhile a survivor described how her husband saved her life before drowning in the sea.

Stranded without places in a lifeboat Frenchman Francis Servel, 71, insisted his wife Nicole took his lifejacket before they leapt off the sinking cruise ship into the sea.

‘For an hour we had waited in line to get into a lifeboat – my husband let everyone else go first,’ said Mrs Servel, a 60-year-old grandmother, back at home in Toulouse.

‘I can’t swim so he gave me his lifejacket. ‘He shouted “Jump, jump, jump”. I froze and couldn’t jump, but he jumped off the ship and shouted upwards, “Come on, don’t worry”.

‘I jumped off and the last thing I heard him say was that I would be fine. I never saw him again.’

She managed to swim ashore while her husband was swept under water and drowned.

During her time in the cold water, she said, ‘I thought of my children and grandchildren. The thought of them kept me afloat, kept me living. I don’t know how I did it.

‘I swam for several minutes and then I found myself on a rock.

‘Villagers came to pick us up. They led us to a church. I was very cold, frozen. In the sacristy we found a cassock. I put it on.’

The couple’s cruise had been paid for by their children as a present for their mother’s 60th birthday.

Mrs Servel added: ‘I am angry because there was no boat for us and there was no one to save my husband. I owe my life to him – it’s obvious he saved me.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-birthday.html

heres some pics on here of the divers http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ve-escape.html

Latest news here is that 7 people died and 29 people are still missing.

Also - this happened 100 years after the Titanic sank (not the same date though)

Quote Originally Posted by okac View Post
    HG, you realize that the pizza was well paid for in the cost of the cruise right? lol
    Right, but the point is, cruises are all inclusive, so YOU CAN EAT AS MUCH PIZZA AS YOU WANT. No extra charge.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by okac View Post
    Ahh but you underestimate how much late night pizza i consumed on a 7 day cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Right, but the point is, cruises are all inclusive, so YOU CAN EAT AS MUCH PIZZA AS YOU WANT. No extra charge.
    Ahh but you underestimate how much late night pizza i consumed on a 7 day cruise.
    I did a seven day cruise, yes it was fun, but I felt like I was trapped inside an expesnive bar, and yes I did smuggle in booze. Still dropped about $1,200 on tips, excursions, beer booze and wine though. Cheaper just to hang on my boat for shizzle.

Oh and we did the formal dining every night, amazing food. We lucked out to have our own private table.

Yea, when I hear there's gonna be open bar somewhere, I think to myself "someone is gonna lose here, and it ain't gonna be me."

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
    I did a seven day cruise, yes it was fun, but I felt like I was trapped inside an expesnive bar, and yes I did smuggle in booze. Still dropped about $1,200 on tips, excursions, beer booze and wine though. Cheaper just to hang on my boat for shizzle.

Oh and we did the formal dining every night, amazing food. We lucked out to have our own private table.

You guys hiring?

Yea Pcp, since you sail a lot i see it probably didnt feel worth it for the 7 day.
    I was more excited for the destinations than the cruise itself so i had to take the long one.
    Ive done the three day cruise and I think thats the perfect amount of time, but you cant go too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, when I hear there's gonna be open bar somewhere, I think to myself "someone is gonna lose here, and it ain't gonna be me."
    I love this so much

Yea Pcp, since you sail a lot i see it probably didnt feel worth it for the 7 day.
    I was more excited for the destinations than the cruise itself so i had to take the long one.
    Ive done the three day cruise and I think thats the perfect amount of time, but you cant go too far.
    Lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

You guys hiring?
    It was ridiculous, but it was a honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
    It was ridiculous, but it was a honeymoon.
    That doesn't answer my question.

Also, do I have to join your cult, or can I just get the job?

I wanna know what the alleged feminists think about this one. Are we all equal, or do women go first? Anyone care to chime in? Cause I get being pissed about the captain abandoning ship. I mean it's literally a crime. But if it's every (wo)man for themselves, I don't see a problem here.

Me, I think the able bodied should help the less agile. So, the kids, the old folks who need help should be helped... and the younger, stronger people, the ones who are more able to scramble for safety as the ship goes down go later. The hired staff, who are presumably trained to help with an evacuation should damn well do so.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information