Thread: Christopher Muzykant 29 Died in sleep

Christopher Muzykant 29 Died in sleep

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007...unknown_causes

So sad.  I find these unknown causes interesting.  Makes me wanna go searching.  Its so sad.  He seemed like a great guy.  His cousin seemed to rave a bout him in his blogs:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=253549 09&blogMonth=11&blogDay=9&blogYear=200 5

also I saw this blog and I wanna find who he is talking about

Friday, January 19, 2007
    Another casualty.....
    Current mood:  melancholy

On Tuesday I was informed that a young girl, who had split from DYC shortly before completion, died of an apparent drug overdose. I looked at her myspace page, which I hadn't done in quite a long time, and was horrified at the transformation that had occurred. She must have been in such a bad place. Although many will hope she's found peace, it makes me so angry to know that peace can be found in THIS life. I see it happen everyday. I'm not that dumb or fucking full of myself that I don't realize that it very easily could have been me. I must admit, it keeps me on my toes. It also makes me fear so much for the people in my life. I fear for my cousins, who if not already, will be faced with the temptations of drinking, pot, sticks, and all the other supposed "low level" drugs that entertained us, and led us all to the things that nearly killed us. I fear for people in my life, both online and in person, that struggle with their own demons. I also fear for every kid at DYC, who each I feel caring for. Along with that fear, I also feel hope, and the strong belief that all of the aforementioned can make the right choices, and reach that "better place" in this life........

Re: Christopher Muzykant 29 Died in sleep

He died from sleep apnea. I'm not sure about further details. Poor guy. What a shame.  :-(

http://forums.sykospark.net/viewtopic.php?t=16639&highlight=&sid=af52f d67643bc81916cc36b7e94c4421

[quote author=Bogeyman link=topic=5486.msg225878#msg225878 date=1173554113]
    He died from sleep apnea. I'm not sure about further details. Poor guy. What a shame.  :-(

http://forums.sykospark.net/viewtopic.php?t=16639&highlight=&sid=af52f d67643bc81916cc36b7e94c4421
    [/quote]

Waiting for sleep apnea to visit my ex........
    I don't enter into mental warfare with morons.  It's immoral and unethical.  They have no ammunition.  AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII  

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=5486.msg225882#msg225882 date=1173554280]
    [/quote]

:lol:  Hilarious!
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=5486.msg225882#msg225882 date=1173554280]
    [/quote]

You too?

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=5486.msg225888#msg225888 date=1173554552]
    You too?
    [/quote]

High five sista! 
    I don't enter into mental warfare with morons.  It's immoral and unethical.  They have no ammunition.  AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII  

RIP Chris

This is disturbing.  Man goes to bed doesnt wake up due to apnea.  I wonder if he knew that he had it?  :2sad:

[quote author=abbykatesmom link=topic=5486.msg228195#msg228195 date=1173676274]
    RIP Chris

This is disturbing.  Man goes to bed doesnt wake up due to apnea.  I wonder if he knew that he had it?  :2sad:
    [/quote]
    Agreed that it is kinda scary.  He probably knew something was up but whether it was apnea or not...who knows.  I think my dad has sleep apnea but he won't go in to get it checked out.

what is sleep apnea?

When you stop breathing while sleeping.  I've rarely heard about it causing death but more so just affecting sleep quality. 

[quote author=abbykatesmom link=topic=5486.msg228195#msg228195 date=1173676274]
    RIP Chris

[/quote]

I highly doubt it. Most people who have sleep apnea are totally unaware of it. It does have its signs and symptoms though, which are very apparent if you know what to look for. If you stop breathing at night, and then resume with a loud "snort", that is a good indicator of obstructive sleep apnea. Usually, the person who has it is completely unaware of this, however, a spouse or significant other can be very aware of this. Sleep apnea also causes severe daytime drowsiness, where you would be falling asleep any chance you get. This is why sleep apnea is called a "silent killer".

[quote author=Bogeyman link=topic=5486.msg228759#msg228759 date=1173728281]
    I highly doubt it. Most people who have sleep apnea are totally unaware of it. It does have its signs and symptoms though, which are very apparent if you know what to look for. If you stop breathing at night, and then resume with a loud "snort", that is a good indicator of obstructive sleep apnea. Usually, the person who has it is completely unaware of this, however, a spouse or significant other can be very aware of this. Sleep apnea also causes severe daytime drowsiness, where you would be falling asleep any chance you get. This is why sleep apnea is called a "silent killer".
    [/quote]

Loud snoring is often indicative of sleep apnea.   

I have sleep apnea, and sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night totally unable to breathe.  It's really fucking scary - I honestly feel like I'm going to die when it happens.  I always go wake up one of my kids when it happens, and they freak out but never call 911.  The breath finally comes back, and then I'm afraid to go back to sleep.  It hasn't happened for over a year now, but I never know when it's going to hit.

If I stop posting for a couple of weeks, somebody email me to see if I'm still alive.

[quote author=mm123 link=topic=5486.msg228972#msg228972 date=1173739204]
    I have sleep apnea, and sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night totally unable to breathe.  It's really fucking scary - I honestly feel like I'm going to die when it happens.  I always go wake up one of my kids when it happens, and they freak out but never call 911.  The breath finally comes back, and then I'm afraid to go back to sleep.  It hasn't happened for over a year now, but I never know when it's going to hit.

If I stop posting for a couple of weeks, somebody email me to see if I'm still alive.
    [/quote]

Have you had any sleep studies done?

My oldest brother has sleep apnea pretty bad. He has to sleep hooked up to some kind of machine that sets of a warning alarm if he goes without breathing for too long.
    <br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

[quote author=MartiniM link=topic=5486.msg228996#msg228996 date=1173740244]
    My oldest brother has sleep apnea pretty bad. He has to sleep hooked up to some kind of machine that sets of a warning alarm if he goes without breathing for too long.
    [/quote]

That's a pretty severe case.&nbsp; I think I remember reading somewhere that it is more prevalent in men than women and body type plays a factor as well.
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=5486.msg228789#msg228789 date=1173729985]
    Loud snoring is often indicative of sleep apnea.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]

It could be, however, it is only a symptom if the loud snoring also stops for a few seconds, and is resumed with a loud snort, many times in one night. Most people who snore loud do not have sleep apnea.

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=5486.msg229079#msg229079 date=1173743104]
    That's a pretty severe case.&nbsp; I think I remember reading somewhere that it is more prevalent in men than women and body type plays a factor as well.
    [/quote]

Yeah, body type is definitely a factor. It could be caused by problems with the sinuses, the nose (such as a deviated septum), people with certain deformities of the jaw, obesity, and people with a high concentration of fat around the face and neck (which Chris had).

Thread Information