Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Orange County Ca homeless being targeted by serial killer

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    My brother recently informed me that those with PTSD weren't properly screened in the military and are weak. They simply can't handle what they signed up for. He was passive-aggressively referring to my husband who has PTSD. My brother assumes he "lives off the system" because he gets a check from the military. Pissed me off.
    Your brother is wrong wrong wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Oh, none taken. He's an ass. He takes issue at the PTSD-related disability check that he receives. Just extra "tax dollars" going to the weak. Then he mentioned how he never had issues in the navy. He was on a boat in Italy. Sheldon did CI in Iraq. Nothing against navy people, but their cases truly are apples and oranges.
    Agree. Not everyone in the Navy is sheltered to the violence, but many have never had the traumatic experiences while serving.

Your brother is a fucking idiot.

Am I the only one who initially thought "Apt Pupil?"

Prosecutors plan to file two more murder charges against an ex-Marine accused of killing four homeless men in Southern California, this time in the stabbings deaths of a mother and son who lived near him.

Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas announced the pending charges against Itzcoatl Ocampo in the stabbing deaths of Raquel Estrada and her son Juan Herrera.

Charges were dropped earlier Friday against Estrada's son Eder Herrera, 24, who was arrested shortly after the October killings in Yorba Linda.

"The case has now expanded from murdering random, vulnerable strangers to murdering people he (Ocampo) knew," Rackauckas told a news conference Friday. "It is chilling to know that these murders took place two months before the murders of four homeless men began."

"We no longer have sufficient evidence to hold Mr. Herrera in custody," Rackauckas added, according to City News Service.

"Since the filing of the charges against Herrera and Ocampo, there has been a significant amount of new evidence discovered in the case," he said.

Similarities
    The Orange County Register reported earlier this week that detectives found similarities in the cases of the Yorba Linda deaths and the stabbings of four homeless men in December and January.

Estrada and Juan Herrera were killed in their Yorba Linda home, less than two miles from Ocampo's residence.

STORY: Homeless killing suspect warned his transient dad of danger

Estrada's son Eder Herrera was arrested the day after the killings as he drove from a friend's house.

Rackauckas said Ocampo and Herrera were friends from high school. He said DNA collected at Ocampo's home linked him to the Yorba Linda crime scene.

"At this point we have not conclusively eliminated Mr. Herrera as a suspect in the case. We will continue to investigate the case," Rackauckas said.

STORY: Suspect in homeless slaying reportedly distraught after Iraq

Ocampo is charged with stabbing to death four homeless men in a killing spree that terrorized Orange County in December and January.

Stabbed more than 40 times
    The victims, James Patrick McGillivray, 53, was stabbed Dec. 20 near a shopping center in Placentia; Lloyd Middaugh, 42, was found Dec. 28 near a riverbed trail in Anaheim; Paulus Smit, 57, was stabbed to death outside a Yorba Linda library on Dec. 30; and John Berry, 64, was stabbed to death on Jan. 13, the day Ocampo was arrested.

Each of the four men was stabbed more than 40 times with a weapon believed to be a 7-inch, fixed-blade, military-type knife, authorities said.

Before Ocampo's arrest, police fanned out across the county better known as the home to Disneyland and multimillion-dollar beachfront homes to urge the homeless to be careful and seek shelter indoors.

Ocampo has been charged with four counts of first-degree murder, plus the special circumstances of multiple victims and murder by lying-in-wait.

Ocampo served in the U.S. Marines from July 2006 to July 2010 and was deployed to Iraq in 2008, according to the Marines.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46261837.../#.Ty1E7_lW1ac
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Last edited by puzzld; 02-04-2012 at 06:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information