Thread: LA Stand-up comic Angelo Bowers killed by suspected drunk driver

LA Stand-up comic Angelo Bowers killed by sispected drunk driver

(Angelo is on the right. The guy on the left is Josh Adam Meyers who was the injured passenger. Ive always had a crush on him)

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) - Angelo Bowers, a stand-up comedian and actor who performed in local LA comedy clubs, was killed in a late-night Hollywood traffic collision that police say was caused by a drunk driver.

The driver caused two collisions just minutes apart, involving different vehicles on the streets of Hollywood. The second collision killed Bowers, and seriously injured a friend of Bowers in the car with him, fellow comedian Josh Adam Meyers.

Police say on January 3rd at around 12:40 a.m., a 21 year-old man driving under the influence of alcohol was involved in a hit-and-run crash near the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Argyle Avenue. Five minutes later, the driver hit a second car on Vine Street at Yucca Street.

The violent collision caused serious injury to both drivers of the vehicles, as well as a passenger. Bowers was the passenger in the car struck by the drunk driver. Bowers died of his injuries at the hospital, several hours later. Meyers is recuperating from his injuries.

The drunk driver is expected to be booked for murder once his medical condition improves

How the hell was this asshole able to have a terrible accident, flee the scene and have another terrible accident with someone?? Fucking Holywood is filled with cops, I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

One night while I was sleeping a drunk came through my neighborhood, drove over a small tree and destroyed the undercarriage of his car. This awoke my neighbor who then ran out to try to stop him by yanking the keys out of his ignition and throwing them in the backseat. The drunk then reached back and grabbed the keys, started the car again, then drove it into my parked car.

Some drunks will do anything to wreck into as many objects as possible. It's just something they do.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

This guy was friends with a lot of my friends. He was well-loved in the L.A comedy scene.

There is a fund to raise money for Josh Meyers.
    http://scottboxcomedy.com/scottboxcomedy.com/Home.html

Quote Originally Posted by wmdeeznuts View Post
    One night while I was sleeping a drunk came through my neighborhood, drove over a small tree and destroyed the undercarriage of his car. This awoke my neighbor who then ran out to try to stop him by yanking the keys out of his ignition and throwing them in the backseat. The drunk then reached back and grabbed the keys, started the car again, then drove it into my parked car.

Some drunks will do anything to wreck into as many objects as possible. It's just something they do.
    Yeah well, in Hollywood they make their money pulling over drunks. I have never been able to go out in Hollywood without seeing a shitload of cops. So unless no one called the cops after the first hit and run (doubtful) there should have been a cruiser less than 1 mile away at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    This guy was friends with a lot of my friends. He was well-loved in the L.A comedy scene.

There is a fund to raise money for Josh Meyers.
    http://scottboxcomedy.com/scottboxcomedy.com/Home.html
    I am sorry for your friends.

I lived in Hollywood. One day as I was driving home, I saw a guy collide into a parked car while turning a corner and drive away. I followed him from a distance and he ended up slamming into another car and being stuck there. Several people came running down the street and said he'd hit several cars as he was coming down. He then tried to walk away from the accident and we had to restrain him.

The police did not respond. Just point, they did not. Everyone called dozens of times. The guy kept trying to leave. After almost an hour, I called the fire department and reported a serious injury. They then showed up.

Land of dreams.

With the amount of force that they have out and how often they make their presence known you would have thought otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Land of dreams.

With the amount of force that they have out and how often they make their presence known you would have thought otherwise.
    They relegate their forces to basically persecuting people who are hanging out between Highland and Vine and Sunset and Hollywood. WHere the most bars are clustered and they know they can make busts. They're nowhere else.

Thread Information