Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Woman lived with dead roommate

Woman lived with dead roommate

Woman allegedly lived with dead roommate
    The Associated Press
    Article Last Updated: 03/08/2007 03:27:24 PM MST

CANTON TOWNSHIP, Mich.- A 28-year-old woman may have kept the body of her roommate in their apartment for up to three weeks, police said. An anonymous caller told police in Wayne County's Canton Township on Tuesday night that the woman was living in the apartment with her dead roommate.
    "Our detectives knocked at the door and the woman opened it and there is that odor, and you know right away what it is," Detective Rick Pomorski told The Detroit News.

The body of the woman, believed to be in her 20s, was found covered by items of clothing on the living room floor. The 28-year-old tenant was cooperative with police and accompanied them to headquarters for questioning. She is not under arrest, Pomorski said.

"She knew her roommate was there lying on the living room floor," the detective said. "She did give us a story as to her reasonings. We are hesitant to detail that now. We will be piecing everything together and expect to have better answers when we hear from the medical examiner."

Police said they tentatively identified the victim, but declined to release a name.
    &quot;The only thing we know for sure is that we know nothing for sure.&quot; Henry Ford<br /><br />&quot;Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.&quot; P. J. O&#039;Rouke

Re: Woman lived with dead roommate

So what info do you need being you posted it in the Additional info thread.

who was she? how did she die? and why didn't the roommate report it?
    &quot;The only thing we know for sure is that we know nothing for sure.&quot; Henry Ford<br /><br />&quot;Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.&quot; P. J. O&#039;Rouke

[quote author=Carma905 link=topic=5470.msg223428#msg223428 date=1173447069]
    who was she? how did she die? and why didn't the roommate report it?
    [/quote]

This is right near where I work (and I didn't smell a thing!)

Canton PD: Woman Kept Roommate's Corpse to Get Money
    By Associated Press
    March 8, 2007

CANTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A woman kept the body of her roommate in their apartment for three weeks so she could get money from her dead roommate's parents, police said.

Drugs could have been a factor in the death of Ashley Ann Pierce, according to the Wayne County medical examiner's office and information police obtained from Pierce's family and witnesses. Foul play doesn't appear to be involved in the 19-year-old's death, but autopsy results likely will be completed next week, Canton Township police Sgt. Rick Pomorski told the Detroit Free Press in a story published on its Web site Thursday.

Pomorski said the roommate pretended to be Pierce so she could get money from Pierce's father. Money was sent, but Pomorski declined to say how much.

Police received an anonymous tip Tuesday night and found Pierce's body covered by items of clothing on the living-room floor of the apartment in Canton Township, west of Detroit.

The 28-year-old roommate cooperated with police and went with them to the station for questioning. Police declined to release her name and said she was not under arrest.

http://www.wxyz.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ_15924_5403912,00.html

Boy Michigan my great state sure has brought some freaks out of the woodwork the last few weeks eh?
    Boring game.

WTF!!!! why!!!!!&nbsp; so nasty.&nbsp; how could u live in an apt with a dead body?

That apartment must have smelled horrible while that poor girl was laying there doing an Anna Nicole.&nbsp; Ugh.&nbsp;
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

Ashleys Myspace-

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendID =125959917

Last logging 16/2 and that's the last comment she gets till a R.I.P. one on the 7th

So did anyone not know she was missing?

wow how sad...what was the 28 year olds name?

Here's her about me:

I'm a 19 year old female(I'm almost in my 20's lol), born and raised in MI... Yahoo:)..Im 5'5, brown eyes+hair, and I'm naturaly tan. I'm very open-minded and love to meet new people and do new things. I currently live with my girl In Canton...We gots a lil apt. It's really nice though!!!..Trying to make it on my own!:)Coasting through this thing called life. Trust and beleive I live everyday to the fullest!And i most deff is loving it...When i don't get intruble wid da police...:( I work @ a pizza place and currently looking for a day job...My space never really attracted me, but i got bored and figured making a page wouldn't hurt..Thats the 411 on me...

Obviously that didn't work out too well for her. &nbsp;

Did anyone submit this yet?

Seems she was on drugs and never knew her mother.

Bless her,19 and so much gone on in her life.

Tell tale sign:

Number of Drugs I have taken: well i shouldnt be here thats 4 sure

her death has to be drug related.

I misses you hun... RIP you know we wont ever forget about you... JR and I will come see you very soon.. ps. Im kinda pissed at you for not listening to me I told you what the deal was and not to fuck with that and you promised me you wouldnt. Im really saddenned

Corey

CANTON TOWNSHIP -- A desire for drugs was so strong a 28-year-old Canton Township woman spent three weeks scamming nearly $2,000 from the father of her dead roommate while the body rotted in their apartment under a heap of clothes, police said.

Adding a macabre twist to a tale that's horrified neighbors, police on Thursday said the woman used the drug-related death of her 19-year-old roommate to extort money from her father in northern Michigan, said Detective Sgt. Rick Pomorski.

&quot;She was doing this for financial gain, calling the father and saying, 'Hey your daughter needs money.' She was acquiring the money in an effort to buy more drugs,&quot; Pomorski said. &quot;The father was sending the money for his daughter while she was dead.&quot;

Police are talking to prosecutors about possible charges, Pomorski said. An autopsy Thursday indicated drugs contributed to the death of Ashley Ann Pierce, but didn't reveal whether an overdose, if it occurred, was accidental or suicide. Foul play isn't suspected.

Medical examiners ordered more tests to make an official determination because of the body's condition.

Pomorski characterized the 28-year-old as a &quot;drug user&quot; who has cooperated with police since officers responding to an anonymous tip found the body late Tuesday.

Neighbors at the Heathmoore Apartments near Haggerty and Interstate 275 said the roommates sometimes borrowed money without returning it. None expected anything like this, and few, it seemed, noticed any tell-tale odors.

&quot;How the body was there for a month, I have no idea,&quot; said Steven Reifler, who said the 28-year-old briefly worked at a nearby Tim Hortons coffee shop for a few days last month.

Across the courtyard from Pierce's apartment, other neighbors stood outside Thursday afternoon to speculate and commiserate about the case.

&quot;It's more of a surprise than a shock, but it's hard to explain,&quot; said Nate Brown, 13, who has lived in the complex sporadically for about five years.

&quot;I never thought I'd see anything like this in my life. It's a silent community. Nothing unusual happens.&quot;

The 28-year-old, whom police are not naming, has no mental illness or physical problems, Pomorski said.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070309/METRO/703090391/1003

Her page keeps freezing my laptop so i couldn't link the drugs or mother thing. But her blog was about her karma..

Was the person she was living with her girlfriend then?

As for her scamming Ashley's father is sickening,why didn't he ask to speak to his daughter?

I can't believe the dad gave the roommate almost $2,000.00 in a month without insisting to speak to his daughter.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=5470.msg223892#msg223892 date=1173466122]
    I can't believe the dad gave the roommate almost $2,000.00 in a month without insisting to speak to his daughter.
    [/quote]

Article says:

Pomorski said the roommate pretended to be Pierce so she could get money from Pierce's father. Money was sent, but Pomorski declined to say how much.

I took this to mean she disguised her voice on the phone (?)

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=5470.msg223898#msg223898 date=1173466378]
    Article says:

I took this to mean she disguised her voice on the phone (?)
    [/quote]

The other article says this:&nbsp;
    &quot;She was doing this for financial gain, calling the father and saying, 'Hey your daughter needs money.' She was acquiring the money in an effort to buy more drugs,&quot; Pomorski said. &quot;The father was sending the money for his daughter while she was dead.&quot;

Weird.&nbsp; I wonder which it was.&nbsp;

A bit strange that a 28-year-old was living with a 19-year-old.

I can't believe her body was rotting under clothes in her room.&nbsp; Obviously the roommate had to have gone in there, found her dead, and piled clothes on top of her.&nbsp; Sick fuck.&nbsp; I bet someone else had to know about this.

she was prolly to fucked up to notice the smell...also i wonder if the pair took the same drugs that the girl od'ed on...maybe the 28 year old gave her bad drugs.&nbsp; i suspect heroin.&nbsp; seems all the youngins are doing this shit

[quote author=missberi link=topic=5470.msg223951#msg223951 date=1173468102]
    she was prolly to fucked up to notice the smell...also i wonder if the pair took the same drugs that the girl od'ed on...maybe the 28 year old gave her bad drugs.&nbsp; i suspect heroin.&nbsp; seems all the youngins are doing this shit
    [/quote]

Jon Thomas sat in his Canton Township apartment Thursday appalled that one of his neighbors had kept her dead roommate's body inside her apartment for three weeks so, police say, she could scam the dead woman's father out of money to pay for her drug habit.
    &quot;What I don't understand is how you could live in that apartment for three weeks with a decomposing body,&quot; said Thomas, 19.

Canton police said the roommate did not report the death of Ashley Ann Pierce, 19, so she could impersonate Pierce over the phone to Pierce's father and request money, which he sent.

&quot;This girl took advantage of the situation to get money from the father,&quot; Canton Police Sgt. Rick Pomorski said.

Thomas said the two women were reclusive. He said he tried to offer a friendly greeting to the roommate shortly after they moved in about two months ago but got a dirty look he said reeked of &quot;who the hell are you?&quot;

After receiving an anonymous tip Tuesday night, police went to the Heathmoore Apartments near Ford and Haggerty roads about 11:30 p.m. and found Pierce's 28-year-old roommate continuing to live in the dwelling with Pierce's body on the floor.

They also found a small quantity of suspected heroin, police said.
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070309/NEWS02/703090315/1004

there was only one other story that got to me and now this is the second.&nbsp;

i just feel so bad for her.&nbsp; i mean maybe her OD could have been helped...&nbsp;

&quot;A 28-year-old Canton woman scammed nearly $2,000 from the father of a roommate who had died -- in the living room under a pile of laundry -- for three weeks by claiming the girl needed money, police alleged.&quot;

In the living room??&nbsp; Not even hidden in a bedroom...just right out there.

Wow.... this is SO screwed up..
    [size=11pt]In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.[/size]&nbsp; [size=9pt]-Aristotle[/size]

i have a feeling someone who came into the apartment had to have alerted the police. &nbsp;i reallllllllllly hope this chick gets in trouble for this

Thread Information