Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 151 to 163 of 163

Thread: The Book Thread

  1. #151
    Senior Member Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    6,821
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Me too, Lily. I totally forgot it was going to be made and then found it ran back in February.

  2. #152
    Senior Citizen Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,589
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    11/23/63 is one of my favorite books. Has anyone seen the mini-series on it?
    I'm about halfway through it. I like it, even though it deviates from the book a bit. James Franco is really good.

  3. #153
    Senior Member Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    6,821
    Rep Power
    21474847
    That is good to hear ~ thanks, Nomad. I was wondering how James Franco was in it, as he is one of those hit or miss type of actors.

  4. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    9514422
    I just finished reading "Magruder's Curiosity Cabinet". It was a great, captivating read!

  5. #155
    Senior Member Lily Rivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    999
    Rep Power
    10832734
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I just finished reading "Magruder's Curiosity Cabinet". It was a great, captivating read!
    That's sounds interesting. What category does it fall under?

  6. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    9514422
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    That's sounds interesting. What category does it fall under?
    Historical fiction

  7. #157
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    9650957
    I've read some pretty good books so far this year, I normally stick to non-fiction:
    I'll Be Gone in the Dark-Michelle McNamara
    Mindhunter-John Douglass
    Dead by Sunset-Ann Rule
    Histories-Herodotus
    History of the Peloponnesian War-Thucydides

    And a few others but these were my standouts. Recently I picked up this:

    https://www.amazon.com/Women-Crime-W.../dp/B01682F8QO

    It's not my normal genre but I like it so far. Like old school crime noir, I guess it's called. Basically Whodunit. Anyone read this or the other books I mentioned? Got any recommendations?
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  8. #158
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    I've read some pretty good books so far this year, I normally stick to non-fiction:
    I'll Be Gone in the Dark-Michelle McNamara
    Mindhunter-John Douglass
    Dead by Sunset-Ann Rule
    Histories-Herodotus
    History of the Peloponnesian War-Thucydides

    And a few others but these were my standouts. Recently I picked up this:

    https://www.amazon.com/Women-Crime-W.../dp/B01682F8QO

    It's not my normal genre but I like it so far. Like old school crime noir, I guess it's called. Basically Whodunit. Anyone read this or the other books I mentioned? Got any recommendations?
    If you like crime-fiction with a good female lead I recommend the Lizzy Gardner Series by TR Ragan. I finished the series...I think last month? And I feel like I?m still mourning lol I started reading another crime series by her about human sex trafficking but I?m like I MISS LIZZY! And paused half way through the second book. 😂 They?re all free to read on Kindle Unlimited!

    I?m a huge bookworm and I have read 51 books this year and my goal is 75. I love Goodreads too for that reason to help me set goals and helps with recommendations as well!

    Right now I?m re-reading Harry Potter like I?ve done every year since I was like 8. Lol I?m on the last one.
    And I?m reading (well paused like I said lol) Outrage by TR Ragan.

  9. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    9514422
    I really liked reading "The Woman in the Window" by A.J. Finn.
    It had an interesting twist at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  10. #160
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    2,800
    Rep Power
    21474851
    I've been reading this, so far pretty interesting.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

  11. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    9514422
    What book should I read next?
    I like historical fiction, biographies, murder mysteries, and thrillers.
    But I'm open to reading a new genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  12. #162
    Save Bandit! Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,332
    Rep Power
    21474853
    I know I’m 10 years late but I’m going to read “I’ll be gone in the dark” by Michelle McNamara.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  13. #163
    Senior Member Deviant Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cracker Hole
    Posts
    10,005
    Rep Power
    21474860
    I feel like I have been doing nothing but reading since my comp tanked. So many bad books out there lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I know I’m 10 years late but I’m going to read “I’ll be gone in the dark” by Michelle McNamara.
    I think I still have the audio book version of this if you'd like it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •