Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The Book Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I just started Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI and find it very interesting.
    I almost got that but wasn't sure if I would like it, so I didn't. I will check it out now that you recommend it.

I just started The Third Pole by Mark Synnott. I like it so far, but I am only about 10% into it. It's about Mount Everest.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I almost got that but wasn't sure if I would like it, so I didn't. I will check it out now that you recommend it.

I just started The Third Pole by Mark Synnott. I like it so far, but I am only about 10% into it. It's about Mount Everest.
    Do you want to wait until I finish to let you know if you should buy it or not? I should be done by this weekend, if not before. I wanted to read it before I watched the movie that was just released on Apple TV.

I don't have the time to read, with all the TV I watch. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I was the same way until the holiday break. I made a promise to myself to read at least one book a week and have surpassed that goal thus far. It is addictive.

I was the same way until the holiday break. I made a promise to myself to read at least one book a week and have surpassed that goal thus far. It is addictive.
    If you start looking for something to read, the journalist from the Slow Hustle documentary (Justin Fenton) actually wrote the book that the We Own This City series was based on. It took awhile to get going, but I liked it because it gave more detail about everything. David Simon encouraged him to write it during the trials, and then Simon based his series on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    OMG same

I have Nate Bargatze's attitude

https://youtube.com/shorts/tK_w9xXFA...hhk6eWzjQWqTfX

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I went through a phase a few years ago where I was reading like crazy...I have a bunch of books I need to get rid of because they are just taking up space.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I was just kidding with my post. I just havent read in awhile. A book has to keep my interest for me to stay with it. The last book I read was about Amanda Berry. I need a true crime book to get into.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

If you start looking for something to read, the journalist from the Slow Hustle documentary (Justin Fenton) actually wrote the book that the We Own This City series was based on. It took awhile to get going, but I liked it because it gave more detail about everything. David Simon encouraged him to write it during the trials, and then Simon based his series on it.
    Where are we discussing that case?

Where are we discussing that case?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ghlight=suiter

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I was just kidding with my post. I just havent read in awhile. A book has to keep my interest for me to stay with it. The last book I read was about Amanda Berry. I need a true crime book to get into.
    I just got a delivery of 9 books from Amazon. I'm ridiculous. Half of what I bought I've already read, like The Complete Works of Percy Shelley, but I'm building my library. Which is stupid because I live in a small one-bedroom apartment with absolutely no space for a library.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That is my genre. Have you considered Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI? I'm reading it now and it is very, very interesting.

Okay, the verdict is in on Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI.

It was a difficult read for a couple of reasons. First being the subject itself and how our government essentially uses their powers to try to keep the Osage down. The primary issue I had with the book is it was more like reading a history book. The details were almost too much and I found myself just skipping over large sections of the book because it was incredibly boring. My husband, who read it at the same time, agreed with me.

So, if you want to know everything there is to know about the birth of the FBI, then this read is for you. If not, I recommend finding the version without the birth of the FBI, as I am sure it will focus more on the Osage, the murders and the culpability of our government in how they were treated.

Okay, the verdict is in on Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI.

It was a difficult read for a couple of reasons. First being the subject itself and how our government essentially uses their powers to try to keep the Osage down. The primary issue I had with the book is it was more like reading a history book. The details were almost too much and I found myself just skipping over large sections of the book because it was incredibly boring. My husband, who read it at the same time, agreed with me.

So, if you want to know everything there is to know about the birth of the FBI, then this read is for you. If not, I recommend finding the version without the birth of the FBI, as I am sure it will focus more on the Osage, the murders and the culpability of our government in how they were treated.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am having the same issues with the Everest book, The Third Pole. It is interesting, but then gets bogged down in the history too much. I am almost finished, so it may yet rally but normally I would have a book like that done in a day or two and it's been almost a week.

Thanks for the feedback. I am having the same issues with the Everest book, The Third Pole. It is interesting, but then gets bogged down in the history too much. I am almost finished, so it may yet rally but normally I would have a book like that done in a day or two and it's been almost a week.
    Sounds about like the Osage book. We read to be entertained, so it is challenging to get into a book and it all the sudden becomes a history lesson. Not that I don't like history, because I really do. But I want to be immersed and enjoy a book.

Ohhhh I just read a great crime fiction book while I was on vacation: The Housemaid by Freida McFadden. Great read! I'll be buying more from this author for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Ohhhh I just read a great crime fiction book while I was on vacation: The Housemaid by Freida McFadden. Great read! I'll be buying more from this author for sure.
    I loved the Housemaid and will soon start the next one in the series. She is a really good author.

I really love her style of writing. And it's rare that I don't guess the ending. Great book!

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    I really love her style of writing. And it's rare that I don't guess the ending. Great book!
    Agree. Have you read any books by Brandi Reeds? I really like her as well.

Agree. Have you read any books by Brandi Reeds? I really like her as well.
    I haven't. I will put her on my list of "must reads". Thank you!

I am reading Trail of the Lost: The Relentless Search to Bring Home the Missing Hikers of the Pacific Crest Trail by Andrea Lankford. So far I really like it.

Search to Bring Home the Missing Hikers of the Pacific Crest Trail

I am reading Trail of the Lost: The Relentless Search to Bring Home the Missing Hikers of the Pacific Crest Trail by Andrea Lankford. So far I really like it.

Search to Bring Home the Missing Hikers of the Pacific Crest Trail
    Interesting. I will put it on my list.

I'm reading Trailed: One Woman's Quest to Solve the Shenandoah Murders. So far it's pretty good. I don't think we have a thread on Lollie Winan and Julie Williams, but maybe we should.

https://www.amazon.com/Trailed-Woman.../dp/B09LGY7Z6K

I'm just starting 'Dangerous Ground: my friendship with a serial killer' by M. William Phelps.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I'm reading Trailed: One Woman's Quest to Solve the Shenandoah Murders. So far it's pretty good. I don't think we have a thread on Lollie Winan and Julie Williams, but maybe we should.

https://www.amazon.com/Trailed-Woman.../dp/B09LGY7Z6K
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I'm just starting 'Dangerous Ground: my friendship with a serial killer' by M. William Phelps.
    These both sound interesting.

Thread Information