Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HowTo: Fixing WinFixer / ErrorSafe / System Doctor

Re: HowTo: Fixing WinFixer / ErrorSafe / System Doctor

[quote author=Lexa link=topic=5460.msg283140#msg283140 date=1176289426]
    ok, i havnt had this since the last post ages ago, but this morning im getting it on everypage, is anyone else getting it today? its only happening on this site
    [/quote]

Yay - I thought it was just me.  I have had it happen maybe 6-8 times in two days so not too bad.

1. What city/state/country are you viewing the ad from? England, UK

2. Do you have a screenshot? no because i have blocked the page but it still goes over to the page with the URL up the top.

3. What's the URL of the webpage that has the virus? http://www.errorsafe.com/pages/scanner/index.php?aid=finesets&lid=swf7&ax=1&e x=1&ed=2

4. Was the user redirected to the above url from another website…if so, what is the url of the website that the user was redirected from? www.mydeathspace.com

5. What browser (and what version) is the user using? Internet Explorer, and i think its the newest version.

6. If you have multiple ad zones, which zone specfically is displaying the ad? wha?

this time isnt half as bad as last time...

mines just as bad. i have to stop each page

with mine it happens every now and then and will click about 5 times...

1. What city/state/country are you viewing the ad from? Melbourne Vic Australia

2. Do you have a screenshot?

3. What's the URL of the webpage that has the virus?

http://www.systemdoctor.com/download/2006/index.php?aid=finesets_ed2&lid=swf7&ex=1&a mp;p=13&ax=1

4. Was the user redirected to the above url from another website…if so, what is the url of the website that the user was redirected from? www.mydeathspace.com

5. What browser (and what version) is the user using? Firefox and IE

6. If you have multiple ad zones, which zone specfically is displaying the ad? -

Welcome fellow aussie!!!

its

on

EVERY

page.

if they know they are doing something wrong why cant they just stop it!!

Lexa - download ad aware or some other pop up blocker - it is a temporary fix and doesn't work all the time but it reduces the amount of times it happens.

Also add the webpages to your restricted sites - it will still redirect you but the page won't load, making it easier to just press the back button without having to close 9389 windows.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=5460.msg291765#msg291765 date=1176631788]
    Lexa - download ad aware or some other pop up blocker - it is a temporary fix and doesn't work all the time but it reduces the amount of times it happens.

Also add the webpages to your restricted sites - it will still redirect you but the page won't load, making it easier to just press the back button without having to close 9389 windows.
    [/quote]

yeah iv blocked it, as in restricted sites, but before the mds page loads it ends up re-directing and it takes a few times before the page loads. i have the adblocker too :-(

I haven't been having the problem since blocking cookies from MDS, but here's the info from before:

1.  What city/state/country are you viewing the ad from?  Røros, Norway

2. Do you have a screenshot?  No

3. What's the URL of the webpage that has the virus?  www.errorsafe.no

4. Was the user redirected to the above url from another website…if so, what is the url of the website that the user was redirected from?  www.mydeathspace.com

5. What browser (and what version) is the user using?  IE 6.0

6. If you have multiple ad zones, which zone specfically is displaying the ad?

PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!

its impossible to read a discussion or veiw an article because they wont load in time for a re-direct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=Lexa link=topic=5460.msg291770#msg291770 date=1176632019]
    yeah iv blocked it, as in restricted sites, but before the mds page loads it ends up re-directing and it takes a few times before the page loads. i have the adblocker too :-(
    [/quote]

Switch to Mozilla Firefox and download the Adblocker I posted about, works really good! 

1.  What city/state/country are you viewing the ad from? essex UK

2. Do you have a screenshot?  yes

3. What's the URL of the webpage that has the virus?
    www.systemdoctor.com/download/2006/?p=13&ax=1&ex=1&ed=2&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]&ald=finesets&lld=swf7

4. Was the user redirected to the above url from another website…if so, what is the url of the website that the user was redirected from?
    from MDS only

5. What browser (and what version) is the user using?
    Ie 7 fully updated , security set at medium high.running adaware, spybot sd and my e trust anti virus all updated daily. system cookies where cleared prior to this test and a full manual search of registry/hardrives for  winfixer problems etc as well as full antivirus,adaware and spybot scans. (system is also immunized via spybot)
    No other page on the web presents a problem apart from MDS pages, no virus infections ever and have checked system fully with other virus checkers as well.

6. If you have multiple ad zones, which zone specfically is displaying the ad? no multiple add zones to my knowledge.

Please note I have never had winfixer or errorsafe installed on my system, even covertly. errorosafe winfixer and hijack this have all been immunized against via spybot.
    The main problem is the constant re directs from only MDS pages in an attempt to instal. (see below for screen shot)
    At times I can have to reload the page 15 or more times before it gives up trying to redirect me only to encounter the same problem when I try to access the next mds page I wish to view.
    This doesnt happen all the time, there are periods where it goes and doesnt attempt to hijack my browser, but it always seems to come back.
    One thing that did occur to me is that it might not be originating from adverts but could be malicious code embedded in the sites pages by a hacker, so it might pay to change your passwords and beef up security for those who have access to the sites code.

http://drivecleaner.com/.freeware/index.php?p=37&a=1&ed=2&ex=1&hv=10 &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]&aid=finesets&lid=swf7

is grabbing my browser today.  Not as bad as Errorsafe, but still must refresh the browser 10-15 times per visit here.

Have been able to stop it by turning off Active X controls from IE browser.  As with the others, only happening at MDS.

Is this still happening to anyone else?  Over the past few days it's been baaaaaaaaaad. 

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=5460.msg363386#msg363386 date=1179369532]
    Is this still happening to anyone else?  Over the past few days it's been baaaaaaaaaad. 
    [/quote]

No not in the last few days. since i last posted in this thread i havnt got one :-(

I still don't get anything after I blocked Adbrite....

I have had this a few times. Not in the last couple weeks though. I clear my cookies, dump my temp files, clear my history, reboot and come in through the home page. This fixes my problem. I don't know if this will work for anyone else though.

I can suppress it, but I can't get rid of it.  I finally got it cleared out enough so it wouldn't jump on me when I use Firefox, but the second I connect IE, everything is lost. 

Thread Information