Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: William Gary Simpson (19) dressed up like a ninja and stabbed Saskia Burke (18) to death

He seemed to have a real issue with authority. It said in one of the articles his father was a cop and he refused to live under his roof.
    He is going to have be told what to do the rest of life in prison now. Hopefully

I don't get it. OBVIOUSLY one of the three would get a job before the others, unless they like all got hired on the same day. Logistically that only makes sense. But who cares if one guy gets a job today, and another next week, and so on. Eventually they'd all be paying once they got jobs. What's it matter if he had to start paying a few days or even a few weeks before the others? It wouldn't be that much of a difference dollar-wise, not to mention that he is still paying for his OWN rent. Why screw yourself just because others are getting something for free?

But I've known kids like this. They are so pinheaded and stubborn it's not even funny. In their little minds, they think they are smart and perceptive for identifying the injustice against them. And the other two boys were probably his friends, so he was trying to prove to them as much as the home owners that this wasn't right and he wasn't going to stand for it!
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

http://murrieta.patch.com/groups/pol...nt-friends-say

Simpson was an aspiring film student who took numerous foreign language classes in the hopes of watching foreign movies without subtitles, according to friends and acquaintances from college.

They described him as an outgoing jokester who played video games, attended parties and expressed interest in becoming a police officer. He reportedly discussed his plans to attend a four-year university after community college.

Simpson was taking self-defense classes this winter at Mt. San Antonio College, located in Walnut, a friend said.

From Promising Beginnings

Simpson was enrolled in an advanced video production program at Serrano High School in Phelan, Calif., longtime friend Maria Rojas said. Rojas said she last talked to Simpson over a month ago.

The school's website described the academy as a "school within a school" featuring "rigorous academics with a career focus, a team of teachers, and active business involvement."

"Gary is probably one of the nicest guys anybody will ever meet," Rojas said. "It feels extremely surreal. This isn't something that he would ever ever do."

Rojas described her friend as caring and keen to help others through their problems, but said he was extremely private.

"Gary wasn't one to talk about his home life, he kept everything personal secret," Rojas said. "He was there to help everyone, but he never talked to anyone about his problems."

He also loved to dance and started a salsa club at school where he would teach his peers moves, Rojas said.

'He's really mellow'

Andrew Ericson said he took a Japanese course with Simpson at Mt. SAC earlier this year. The two kept in touch over Facebook and through text messages after the class ended, Ericson said, and last talked at a party they attended together sometime in the last two months.

"He's a really nice guy," said Ericson, a 22-year-old Rancho Cucamonga resident. "He's really mellow. I would not see him doing anything like that even in the slightest."

Ericson said he spoke with Simpson about the suspected killer's girlfriend. Simpson told his classmate the girl lived in the High Desert and kept Simpson on a "short leash."

"I know that he's been on and off (with his girlfriend) a couple of times," Ericson said. "He seemed to really care about her, and he seemed to really like her genuinely."

Ericson provided Patch with a cell phone number which he said he had used in the past to call and text Simpson.

No one answered the phone when a reporter called.

The voicemail message on the phone said, "You have reached the phone of Gary Simpson. I am not available right now. Please leave your information after the beep and I will try to get to you as soon as possible."

Simpson Excited For Release Of 'Brutal' Video Game

Bryan Ratliff, 20, of Pomona, was in a study group with Ericson and Simpson for their Japanese class. He said Simpson appeared to be a "reserved and quiet guy, and he seemed really outgoing occasionally."

Ratliff said he talked with Simpson about an upcoming action-fantasy video game called Gears of War 3, which pits players against massive alien-looking enemies in a struggle for existence.

"We talked about how excited we were for Gears of War 3 coming out this year," Ratliff said. "He said he was excited because it was the last in the series, and how brutal the game was."

"(He) wasn't overly excited," Ratliff said. "He found it amusing how brutal it was and how over-the-top the violence was."

The Suspect Aspired To Work On Movies

Simpson reportedly told Ericson he wanted to go into the film industry or law enforcement, and discussed his plans for both.

A page dubbed "William Simpson" was set up on ProductionHub.com, a classified website for those in the video production industry.

The page's owner was described as a "Current 18 year old college student majoring in Multimedia with a minor in linguistics searching for an internship or job in a film industry."

The page listed Genesis Productions, a Hesperia-based video production house, as a client.

Contacted about Simpson's employment, a woman who answered the phone at the number listed on the company's website said, "We aren't going to make a comment about that," but added that Simpson was not an employee.

Facebooks Friends Shocked At Allegations

Friends who wrote on Simpson's Facebook wall following reports of the Murrieta killings expressed shock that he was accused of the crimes.

"I don't believe it," Melissa Aldana wrote on Simpson's wall. "It wasn't you. I have faith."

http://blog.pe.com/crime/2012/09/14/...a-murder-case/

UPDATE: William Gary Simpson was held to answer on one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder and other special allegations. Full story later on www.pe.com.

Testimony began Friday morning, Sept. 14, in the preliminary hearing of William Gary Simpson Jr., who is accused in a knife attack at a Murrieta family’s home that left a teenager dead and her father and boyfriend seriously injured.

Before the first witness took the stand, Judge Kelly Hansen heard arguments for and against a defense request to close the hearing to the public and the media. The judge rejected that request but agreed to place a gag order on the attorneys and police involved in the case.

Simpson, 19, has pleaded not guilty to murder and two counts of attempted murder in connection with the Dec. 20 triple stabbing. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Saskia Burke, 18, was fatally stabbed in the early-morning attack. Her father, Paul Burke, and her boyfriend, 17-year-old Connor McCormack, were critically injured in a violent struggle, police have said.

Officer Dave Lawlor, one of the first officers to arrive at the Burke family home, described rushing inside to find Paul Burke and Connor on the floor.

As he tended to Connor, who was bleeding heavily and crying out for help, Lawlor saw Saskia lying in the next room. She was already dead.

Prosecutor Brandon Smith displayed photos from the crime scene: a bloody knife on the front walk, a pile of bloody clothes next to the family’s Christmas tree. Pictures of a black glove, a black mask and a black beanie left in the living room.

Sitting in the audience, wrapped in a blanket, Catherine Burke cried softly as Detective Jeff Ullrich described the two fatal stab wounds her daughter received. One to the heart, another through her cheek and jugular.

Paul Burke testified that he woke from a restless sleep to hear Saskia screaming, “Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!”

He ran downstairs toward the glow of the computer room.

“The first thing I see is Simpson’s face. And Saskia is on the floor,” Paul Burke said.

He was dressed all in black “and he was holding a katana…a Japanese sword,” Burke said.

“I froze…I couldn’t believe what I was seeing,” he said.

At the end of the preliminary hearing, which is expected to take all day, the judge will decide if there is enough evidence for Simpson to stand trial.

Someone in the original thread was disappointed he used knives & not something more ninja-like. I guess he went traditional afterall.

Mum is quoted all over Stormfront & other such sites. She believes Saskia's murder was a racially-based hate crime.

This might've been written before she started blaming race-hate, but it still makes for extremely raw reading

http://murrieta.patch.com/groups/cat...the-pieces--18

As William Gary Simpson stabbed her to DEATH ? Saskia grabbed the curtains and pulled so hard she ripped the screws from the stud in the wall, splintering the wood? She laid on the floor gulping for air like a fish out of water, unable to EVER fill her lungs again after Gary severed them INSIDE HER? And in between, the SCREAMS ?

THE SCREAMS?

Pink foam. This is what it is, to clean up the blooddrops? Pink foam. It has taken me this long, to go into that room once more ? TO FINISH CLEANING UP WILLIAM GARY SIMPSON?S BLOODY MESS! Blooddrops, blooddrops everywhere?

Pink foam on the floor. Pink foam on the walls. Pink foam on the furniture and computer and books? Pink foam swirling down the drain in the sink? The multitude of blooddrops I can NEVER wash away, as they are SPLATTERED across the last father?s day card Saskia made, SPLATTERED across so many of the LAST THINGS she did or was working on in the office GARY MURDERED SASKIA in? As Gary fights to keep his life, I spend mine CLEANING UP ALL HIS MESSES? The lives he?s ruined forever. The house he damaged so thoroughly. THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF BLOOD HE LEFT BEHIND HIM IN HIS MURDEROUS RAMPAGE?

It is incredibly mind-boggling to me ? that we ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE TRIAL of the man who murdered our Saskia? That even IF we are lucky enough to get the verdict of the Death Penalty, which is THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE ONE TO US FOR ALL WILLIAM GARY SIMPSON HAS DONE, well, the ACLU has made GETTING RID of this verdict it?s number one mission across the United States? And in the too many years we would be forced to stand by and await this sentence FOR THE MAN WHO IS GUILTY OF HIS CRIME to ACTUALLY be carried forth, the ACLU might TAKE IT FROM US ENTIRELY?

It boggles my mind too ? HOW MURDERER?S LIKE WILLIAM GARY SIMPSON can so easily CHOOSE TO TAKE LIVES, yet how fiercely they fight to SAVE THEIR OWN LIFE. How, when facing their own mortality ?they place blame on the VICTIMS, cut DEALS with the DA?s office so they can keep their sorry lives, or scream INSANITY - when in each and every case IT WAS THE MURDERERS CHOICE TO COMMIT MURDER? GARY is no exception here either.

William Gary Simpson is still LYING? It?s all he?s ever done. He lied every time he opened his mouth ? and said he was a friend. Or family. Or a son. That he ever cared about anyone but himself, EVER? He is a liar. He fashions himself to be the GREAT PRETENDER? Because ALL he is, IS A MURDERER? And still he is trying to wiggle out of HIS RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS? Placing EVERYTHING in our life too indefinitely ?ON HOLD? as his lawyers look for every EXCUSE to save his GUILTY LIFE? As if his GUILTY life is at all worth saving?

I?ve spent all this time with the trauma therapists and doctors, the ONLY adult human contact I get anymore all thanks to GARY, trying to undo the damage GARY has done to ME? Unable to sleep, unable to eat ? GARY has left me without the basic human needs of life itself? The thought, of even trying to sleep MORE than the three hours a day I get ? in just THIS short time every day, I AWAKEN FROM THE MEMORY TOO MANY TIMES OF WHAT GARY DID? The thought that I would remember it MANY MORE TIMES and awaken to the HORROR THAT IS MY LIFE if I could extend my sleep, just seems too cruel now? For the HORROR of awakening to it even once is too much each day. And the PAIN of eating, of suffering MORE AGONY because of GARY for any reason, seems so unfathomable to me now?

I am 1 year 7 months old in this NEW LIFE GARY HAS GIVEN TO ME? When I speak of ?MY LIFE? as Cat, I tell people I am 98 years old ? because my perspective and views are THAT CHANGED? Left alive in a life, NONE OF YOU would DARE to live, yet expect ME to?

ALL OF IT, nothing but the most INCOMPREHENSIBLE NIGHTMARE since the moment William Gary Simpson MURDERED Saskia and CHANGED OUR LIVES FOREVER? Gave to us this NEW LIFE AFTER MURDER?

Lucky me? Now I can add to the list of memories to dream about,

PINK FOAM?

http://murrieta.patch.com/groups/pol...riple-stabbing

The defendant had known the Burkes for years, before they relocated from the High Desert to Murrieta. According to police, he lived at the Murrieta residence for several months in 2010 but left after a falling-out.

"The look on his face, the expression he wore was nothing I've ever seen before," said Burke, when asked to describe his alleged encounter with Simpson as he came down the stairs to find his daughter's lifeless body bleeding and covered in stab wounds.

"When I first saw him it wasn't the Gary I knew; it was a demon. During the event it smiled when we attacked it," Burke said.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-28-2014 at 02:26 AM.

This is awful, first time hearing about this. Anyone know what is going on with the boyfriend, Connor? I tried googling, couldn't find a picture of him in any article at all.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

wtf? another one from the town i live in. we have quite a few afro ninjas up here i guess. there is one guy who walks around at the college barefoot in a dobok all the time. black dudes are always rolling in karate style outfits up here for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    This is awful, first time hearing about this. Anyone know what is going on with the boyfriend, Connor? I tried googling, couldn't find a picture of him in any article at all.
    Here is the link to his facebook someone posted awhile back. It looks like he went on to join the air force and is doing quiet well.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post

Thank you, twistedbeauty!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

You are welcome! :)

Missed the trial earlier this year. I hope her mum is having an easier time but I won't be surprised if she's not. I don't know how people go on after loss & trauma of that depth

Even as someone completely unconnected to the family you find yourself wanting an explanation to go with that guilty plea but then you realise it makes no difference because there's nothing that could explain destroying Saskia, his own promising future & the life of everyone who loved her. Just nothing.

http://m.pe.com/articles/burke-76288...on-saskia.html

BY SARAH BURGE , STAFF WRITER
    A one-time family friend who stabbed a teen to death in a bloody melee involving knives and a samurai sword in Murrieta pleaded guilty to first-degree murder Friday and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

William Gary Simpson Jr., 22, had been facing the death penalty in the Dec. 20, 2011, attack that killed 18-year-old Saskia Burke. Her father, Paul Burke, and her boyfriend, 17-year-old Connor McCormack, were stabbed and seriously injured in a violent struggle.

Prosecutor Brandon Smith said Simpson admitted to first-degree murder and a special circumstance allegation of lying in wait, and waived his right to appeal. Trial had been set for June.

UPDATE: Victims criticize DA's office

?In light of the defendant?s willingness to accept full responsibility for this horrific act without trial and the fact that he agreed to spend the rest of his young life in prison, we felt this disposition achieved our goals in this matter of justice for Saskia and public safety,? Smith said in a written statement.

Two counts of attempted murder were dismissed as part of the plea agreement with prosecutors.

Simpson accepted the plea during a hearing Friday at the Southwest Justice Center in French Valley.

Smith said the Burke family chose not to give victim impact statements. Simpson also did not give a statement, he said.

Efforts to reach the Burkes on Friday evening were unsuccessful.

Police and witnesses had testified during a September 2012 preliminary hearing that Simpson, then 19, had crept into the family?s Milkwood Lane home during the early morning hours dressed like a ninja and carrying knives and a samurai sword.

Saskia?s mother, father, boyfriend and younger sister all told police they recognized the intruder as ?Gary,? who had lived with the Burke family and had been friends with Saskia?s older brother, Ian, for years.

Paul Burke testified at the hearing that he woke from a restless sleep to hear Saskia crying out: ?Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!?

He ran downstairs toward the glow of the computer room.

?The first thing I see is Simpson's face. And Saskia is on the floor,? Burke said.

He was dressed all in black, Burke said, ?and he was holding a katana ... a Japanese sword.?

?I froze. ... I couldn't believe what I was seeing,? Burke said.

Burke described a lengthy fight with Simpson. Burke said he and Saskia?s boyfriend Connor crashed onto a table with Simpson, trying to disarm him, punched him in the groin, gouged his eyes and more. At one point, when Connor appeared to have the upper hand, Burke turned his attention to his daughter who lay nearby.

?Her eyes fluttered and then she was gone,? he said.

Simpson renewed his attack, Burke said, and as the fight moved into another room, he saw Simpson block an object that came toward his face. Catherine Burke, Saskia?s mother, had struck him, he said.

?I look and Cat?s screaming, ?What did you do to my baby?!? ?

But the blows didn't faze Simpson, he said. ?He was just smiling.?

?It wasn't the Gary I knew,? Paul Burke said. ?It was a demon.?

Contact the writer: 951-368-9694, sburge@pe.com

Her mom's posts on Saskia's fb are heartbreaking. It sucks that this scum got off so easy. My heart goes out to Saskia's mom. They have suffered so much.

RIP beautiful Saskia

From her FB:

Saskia Burke

March 20 ?

TODAY

WILLIAM GARY SIMPSON PLEAD " GUILTY " TO MURDERING ME!!!!

Justice FAILED ME!
    It killed my Momma today, after she fought so hard for the last 3 YEARS & 3 MONTHS, holding the last remaining grain of HOPE in her hand...

I DO NOT FORGIVE YOU GARY - FOR KILLING ME!
    I DO NOT FORGIVE YOU GARY - FOR RUINING THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE I LOVE!

I DO NOT FORGIVE THE WORLD, FOR ALLOWING MY MURDERER
    TO DECIDE HIS OWN JUSTICE!!!!!

SHAME ON YOU ALL, FOR NOT BEING THERE FOR ME.

Uh, that last part is kind of harsh....

I really feel for Saskia's mother but I don't agree that the killer got off easily or that Saskia didn't get any justice. He admitted his guilt, waved any right to an appeal and accepted LWOP, so, to me, it looks like as just an outcome as the legal system can possibly produce. Of course, it must look different to the mother who has to clean her family's blood from the walls. I hope they're able to find peace with the court's decision as time passes.

*waived.

I wish I could edit but I'm just too cheap to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    I really feel for Saskia's mother but I don't agree that the killer got off easily or that Saskia didn't get any justice. He admitted his guilt, waved any right to an appeal and accepted LWOP, so, to me, it looks like as just an outcome as the legal system can possibly produce. Of course, it must look different to the mother who has to clean her family's blood from the walls. I hope they're able to find peace with the court's decision as time passes.
    Since the mom actually fought with the killer, I'm sure she's suffering with some emotional/mental issues as a result. She had also known the killer as a family friend, which I'm sure stung more. I don't think there is ever any closure in these type of situations. Psychologically, losing a child is the most devastating event a person can go through. I'm sure a violent death of a child is 10x worse.

I agree with you that the Justice system didn't fail her, but she is directing her grief at them. I think even if he got the death penalty, her feelings would be the same.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I 100% agree Angie. It makes sense that she feels the way she does. If I were in her place I imagine nothing short of bringing Saskia back would feel like a just resolution.

Thread Information