Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar

Ayla Reynolds-20 months old - Missing since 12/17/2011

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=143997992

Missing Maine Girl's Kin Worried About Her Safety

by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

text size
    A A A
    WATERVILLE, Maine December 20, 2011, 07:50 am ET
    WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) ? Police said they were considering all possible scenarios in the search for a missing 20-month-old girl, whose disappearance unleashed a flood of leads from a concerned public.
    "We are looking at everything. We don't want to miss anything along the way as we continue on in this investigation," Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey said as the search continued Monday for Ayla Reynolds.
    Ayla was reported missing Saturday morning by her father, Justin DiPietro, who called police to say she was not in her bed in Waterville.
    She was last seen Friday night wearing a green one-piece pajama set with polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" on it.
    Relatives of Ayla's mother, meanwhile, said they were concerned about the girl's safety while she was staying with her father, who was caring for her.
    Welfare agents had placed Ayla with her father weeks ago while her mother, Trista Reynolds, was in rehab for substance abuse, Reynolds' stepsister Whitney Raynor said Monday. The toddler's maternal grandmother, Becka Hanson, told the Morning Sentinel newspaper it was the Department of Health and Human Services that took custody of the girl and turned her over to DiPietro.
    After moving in with her father, the toddler suffered a broken arm, said Raynor, who serves as spokeswoman for the Portland family, which has sought to regain custody of the girl.
    Massey has said the girl's arm was broken in an accidental fall. The Department of Health and Human Services had no comment on the case Monday.
    A phone number for the father couldn't immediately be located, and The Associated Press was unable to reach members of his immediate family by phone. Police outside his house Monday said that he was not there and that the girl's disappearance remains a missing-person case.
    Massey said every lead reported by the public is being followed in hopes of locating the child.
    "We are approaching this with every possible thought and angle in mind. It is currently a very open case," the chief said at a briefing. He said about 75 officers, including game wardens specially trained in search and rescue, were working on the case.
    As the search entered its third day, a Maine Warden Service plane circled overhead, wardens searched a stream near the father's house and residents joined in canvassing the neighborhood for any signs of Ayla.
    Two cars were towed Monday from near DiPietro's house, but police would not comment on who owned them or why they were taken away.
    Wardens focused most of their efforts Monday on Messalonskee Stream, and the FBI and Maine State Police were helping Waterville police investigate, said Steve McCausland of the Maine Department of Public Safety.
    The stream meanders through Waterville, a city of about 16,000 located 20 miles north of Augusta.
    Many residents joined in the search. Carrie Harvey, who lives nearby, found a sippy cup lid near the neighborhood and turned it over to a warden.
    "It's sad. Christmas is right around the corner. My heart cries out for that lady," Harvey, a mother of five, said of Ayla's mother.
    Reynolds, who also has a 7-month-old baby, is now doing better after rehab, and she went to court Thursday to regain sole custody of Ayla, Raynor said.
    Reynolds told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday that she and the father have been unable to get along in the last few weeks.
    "I've had no contact with him; he's had no contact with me. All I know is he's the last man to see my daughter, and all I want to know is where she is," she said.
    Investigators interviewed the parents, as well as other family members, and they were cooperative, Massey said.
    The father moved four to six weeks ago to his childhood home on Violette Street in a tidy neighborhood of small ranch houses built after World War II, a neighbor said. A few blocks away is a park, alongside the stream.
    A state police evidence van was parked outside DiPietro's gray, vinyl-sided bungalow on Monday, and two state troopers were stationed outside.
    "It's just so sad, so sad. I hope we end up with a live child," said Ellen Paul, a retired Colby College employee who lives across the street from DiPietro's home. "I'm heartbroken for anybody to go through that kind of pain."
    ___

Associated Press reporter David Sharp in Portland, Maine, contributed to this report.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/182943/314/Mother-of-missing-toddler-seeking-answers

Mother of Missing toddler seeking answers

PORTLAND, Maine
    (NEWS CENTER) -- Trista Reynolds is not only desperately awaiting word from investigators about her missing daughter Ayla's whereabouts, but also answers to what happened.
    "I hope that they find her and I hope she's safe," the young mother said while sitting at her father's kitchen table in Portland. "I should be in Waterville right now searching for my daughter, but nobody will let me be there."Investigators have asked Reynolds and her family to stay away from the search area and allow them to conduct their investigation into what happened to the 20-month-old girl. News of her daughter's disappearance has been difficult for her to process."I want to pick her up and I want hold her and I just want to tell her that she is going to be ok," she said through sobs. "I want to see her face. I want to see her eyes. I want to feel her touch. I want to tell her I love her and I feel like I can't protect her right now."Trista Reynold's father, Ronald Reynolds, says the family needs to know what happened."I can't sleep. I can't eat," he stated. "I'm just, I'm crawling out of my skin not knowing what the hell is going on."Waterville Police say the young girl was reported missing from her father's home around 9A.M. Saturday morning. She was last seen sleeping in her bed at 8P.M. Friday night.Police and volunteers have searched the neighborhood and the home, but so far have been unable to track the toddler down. Police ask anyone with any information contact the Waterville Police Department at 680-4700.
    "I just miss her and I love her dearly," lamented Trista Reynolds. "I just want her home."

Poor baby
    It doesn't sound good. Add in that the explanation given for her little arm being casted is now being questioned, and I smell a bad ending.

Details of an unstable home life have emerged in the case of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds, who was vanished from her father's house Friday night.

Reynolds was reported missing Saturday morning by her father, Justin DiPietro, who told police he put the 20-month-old to bed on Friday night and found her missing the next morning. The girl had been placed in his custody just weeks before by the Department of Health and Human Services because her mother, Trista Reynolds, had entered rehab for substance abuse, according to Trista Reynolds' relatives.

The toddler's grandmother, Becka Hanson, told the Morning Sentinel newspaper that she had been watching Ayla while her daughter, Trista, was in rehab, but that Ayla was taken by the DHS and placed with DiPietro. Trista's other child, a 9-month-old, remained in the Reynolds' family custody.

Trista and her 9-month-old son are currently living in a motel in South Portland, according to Hanson. Trista Reynolds had filed to regain custody of her daughter Dec. 15, the day before the disappearance. She told ABC News that DiPietro did not know she had filed the paperwork.

According to Trista's step-sister, the missing girl had recently broken her arm at her father's house and had begun showing bruises on her skin, the Morning Sentinel reported.

Waterville police chief Joseph Massey has said the girl broke her arm during an accidental fall.

Police are continuing their search for the girl for the fourth straight day, after Monday's canvasses of a nearby river and aerial searches turned up nothing. Massey said the police are following every lead that comes in from the public, and have not ruled out abduction.

Waterville police, state police, game wardens and FBI are all involved in the search, with more than 75 law enforcement agents now helping the investigation, Massey said. Twenty-five agents helped conduct the river search, which Massey called a "logical" step because of its proximity to where Ayla was last seen.

Police towed two vehicles in front of DiPietro's house Monday, but would not comment on why. Massey has said that there were several adults at DiPietro's home the night of the disappearance, including one non-relative. DiPietro did not return calls for comment.
    A candlelight vigil is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. today, though a vigil held last night in front of DiPietro's home was sparsely attended

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?24788-Ayla-Reynolds-20-months-old-Missing-since-12-17-2011&p=3157397#post3157397

s
    o he only had her a few weeks before she went missing, and in those few weeks, she had an accidental fall and broke her arm and began showing bruises on her skin. hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Ronald Hanson listed on Maine Sex Offender Registry

Parents of Trista Reynolds, Ronald Hanson and Becca Hanson live in Portland, Maine.

Trista is the mother of Ayla Reynolds, the missing 20 month old baby who vanished on Friday. Ayla was last seen wearing polka dot PJs that say "Daddy's Princess."

Certainly, authorities are checking out neighbors and relatives to see if there are any known sex offenders in the area. Presumably they have run the name HANSON on the Maine Sex Offender Registry.

If so, they will find the name Hanson SR, Ronald Alden.

Clicking into that record, one can read the entire profile of that pedophile.

According to Mapquest, Portland, Maine (where Trista's parents live) is a one hour and nine minute drive to Whitefield Maine (where Ronald Alden Hanson is registered).

Inquiring minds want to know if there is any relationship between the 2 Ronald Hansons?

http://www.examiner.com/sex-offender...ender-registry

My assumption is no. Whitefield seems more than an hour from Portland to Me. Even so, it's a common name around these parts.

the lady that wrote that article also wrote this article

http://www.examiner.com/sex-offender...are-the-photos

so first she has the article with Ronald Hanson then she has the article with Ronald Reynolds... oh and her title is listed as "Sex Offender Examiner"

I totally understand checking out all different possibilities when searching for a missing child, but I would hope they would do some better research before just throwing stuff out there.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

That site looks to be a shit site anyway. It's not a local site (Maine). Not one that I've heard about anyway. The picture doesn't resemble him in the least. I think the writer is full of shit.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/18...-fathers-house

Investigators put up crime scene tape at toddler's house

WATERVILLE, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Investigators are stepping up their activities at the home of a toddler who has been missing since last weekend.Assistant Attorney General Bill Stokes and the Maine State Police mobile crime unit are at the home of Ayla Reynolds' father, Justin DiPietro, on Violette Avenue in Waterville.Shortly after noon, investigators put up crime tape, indicating that the home contains evidence pertinent to the case.

State Police and other law enforcement officials have entered the home wearing protective booties and gloves.
    Dogs are also searching an area in the woods off Webb Road near the airport in Waterville.MORE INFORMATION SOON.
    According to the news..this is just a more thorough search of the location where the baby was last located.
    Last edited by emmy_dreamy; 12-22-2011 at 10:38 AM.

She's clearly off chilling with baby lisa somewhere.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Quote Originally Posted by Karalicious View Post
    She's clearly off chilling with baby lisa somewhere.
    Who? The mom has already been questioned and I assume they already searched her place.

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    Who? The mom has already been questioned and I assume they already searched her place.
    mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?24051-10-month-old-baby-Lisa-Irwin-missing-since-3-October-2011 baby lisa thread

Waterville, Maine (CNN) -- As the search for missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds enters a fourth week, the grandmother of the 21-month-old girl offered new information to CNN on Sunday about the night Ayla disappeared.

Ayla's grandmother, Phoebe DiPietro, who first spoke exclusively with CNN on Friday, said she now wants to clarify a detail about her interview.
    DiPietro now tells CNN she was not among the adults at the home from which Ayla disappeared that night but instead was at another location that she wouldn't publicly disclose.

DiPietro said she told police about her whereabouts that night from the very start. She added that it's her impression detectives followed up on her information early on.

Police, who suspect foul play in the case, have declined to say publicly who was at DiPietro's home the night Ayla disappeared other than to describe the occupants as several adults including one person who is not a member of the family.

Ayla's parents are not married and don't live together. Ayla's mother recently completed rehab, family members have said. Investigators have said both families have cooperated with police.

Justin DiPietro said he put his daughter to bed at 8 p.m. on December 16 and called police the next morning just before 9 a.m. to report her missing, according to authorities.

Justin DiPietro and his mother both say they believe the child was abducted.

During her interview with CNN, DiPietro said Friday that she "didn't hear anything" when asked if she heard any noise the night Ayla disappeared. She added that there was not a party at the house, noted she wasn't the last one to go to bed and said she wasn't sure whether the doors to the house were locked.

On Sunday, DiPietro said she wanted to make clear that she wasn't home the night Ayla disappeared and that her information about what happened that night came from others

During the course of her interview with CNN, Ayla's grandmother repeatedly declined comment when asked about various aspects of what happened the night of her granddaughter's disappearance, including who was there, what the adults were doing that night, and where she was when her son told her Ayla was missing, citing her concern for the integrity of the investigation

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/08/us/mai...html?hpt=us_c2

Bad news

Police in Maine are awaiting test results to confirm whose blood was found in the basement of the home of Justin DiPietro, whose 20-month-old daughter, Ayla, went missing while in his care six weeks ago.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/tod...msnhp#46173904

WATERVILLE — Blood found by police at Ayla Reynolds' home belongs to the missing toddler.

Police confirmed the information Sunday night. It was first posted earlier Sunday on aylareynolds.com, a website maintained by Ayla's maternal family in Portland.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said Sunday night said that testing has revealed that at least some of the blood samples that were found in the home during a December search belong to Ayla.
    "The testing has not been completed and more work remains, but we have found samples of Ayla's blood," he said.The site also says that police told the family the amount of blood is “more than a small cut would produce.”McCausland wouldn't say how much blood had been discovered at the home.

It was reported Saturday that police found blood in the house at 29 Violette Ave. when they searched it in December.
    The family contended on the website that state police shared the discovery with them, but planned to withhold the information from the media.McCausland said Sunday police had initially decided to withhold information that the blood belongs to Ayla because police need to perform tests on other samples."I prefer not to give out partial results, but (the Reynolds) family has released that tonight, and that information is correct," he said.Ayla was reported missing the morning of Dec. 17. She was 20 months old at the time.

Justin DiPietro, Ayla’s father, declined to comment Sunday.
    McCausland wouldn't comment on whether any arrests are pending."At this point, we're still working hard to locate Ayla. That's our main priority," he said.The Reynolds family remains optimistic, according to the site.

The website is maintained by Jeff Hanson, the husband of Ayla's maternal grandmother, Becca Hanson.

“Even in light of this evidence we are more determined than ever to find out what has happened to Ayla and we still cling to the hope that she is alive and will be returned to us.
    We urge anyone that has information about Ayla to come forward now and unburden yourself of the truth,” the site says.

The announcement came a day after McCausland said that investigators believe the three adults who were in the home the night before Ayla was reported missing are withholding information that could help investigators find her.

McCausland also said Saturday state police took several hundred pieces of potential evidence from the home, including the blood, during a full-scale investigation in late December.

Also Saturday, Ayla's mother, Trista Reynolds, of South Portland, attended a vigil for the toddler in Castonguay Square. Reynolds and DiPietro, who do not have a relationship and have not appeared publicly together since their daughter disappeared, talked at length privately at the event.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Blood-f...-Reynolds.html
    Last edited by beli; 01-29-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

I was hoping this wouldnt be the outcome.

Ayla Reynolds Missing: Police Say Adults Know More Than They're Telling

Police investigating the disappearance of Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds have turned their focus to the three adults who were in the home with the girl the night she was last seen, saying that the evidence doesn't point to an abduction.

In what is being called the most intense investigation launched in Maine within the last decade, state police are now saying they believe the adults inside the house the night baby Ayla disappeared know more than what they're saying. Investigators are dismissing the basic premise that Ayla's father Justin DiPietro has suggested all along that his 20-month-old was abducted on Dec. 17. DiPietro had reported her missing that day.

"We have searched that home and we have found not one piece of evidence to lead us to believe Ayla was abducted," Steve McCausland, spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety said. "We think one or all three of the adults have info they haven't told us and we need that info in order to find Ayla."

Recently police revealed that evidence found at the home includes Ayla's blood, which was discovered in the partially-finished basement that her father used as his bedroom. While investigators will not say how much blood was discovered, they told Ayla's mother Trista Reynolds that it was "more than a small cut would produce."

"There was blood found and it wasn't just a small amount … I don't want it to be real," she said.

Trista Reynolds, 23, was in a substance abuse rehabilitation program at the time of her daughter's disappearance, and baby Ayla had been placed in her father's care while she was seeking treatment.

On the night that the girl was last seen, DiPietro, 24, and his girlfriend, along with her small child, were allegedly in the basement of the Waterville home. DiPietro's sister was also in the house, along with her young child, in a bedroom on the main level, while Ayla was reportedly in an adjacent bedroom by herself. DiPietro's mother was not at home that night.

"The adults inside that home say someone came into the house -- a small home -- went into a bedroom Ayla normally doesn't sleep in, took her, vanished in the night -- and not one of them heard or saw anything," McCausland said.

At a vigil for baby Ayla over the weekend where the child's parents saw each other for the first time since her disappearance, DiPietro refused to comment.

"I'm not here to answer any questions," he said.

While police say that DiPietro has been cooperating with the investigation, they say someone isn't telling the whole truth.

Police have not named DiPietro a suspect, or even a person of interest. They say they have ruled no one out and no one in, and that they are no closer to solving this case than they were on the morning of Dec. 17 when Ayla was reported missing.

On Saturday the girl's family posted a message on the website they had set up to aid in locating her.

"Even in light of this evidence we are more determined than ever to find out what has happened to Ayla and we still cling to the hope that she is alive and will be returned to us," the message said. "We urge anyone that has information about Ayla to come forward now and unburden yourself of the truth."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ayla-reynol...ry?id=15477408

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...e-disappeared/

February 15, 2012 3:51 PM
    PRINT TEXT
    Report: Ayla Reynolds' father took out life insurance on toddler before she disappeared

The mother of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds says the girl's father took out a life insurance policy on Ayla in the weeks before she disappeared.

Pictures: Ayla Reynolds missing

"In the same week Justin took Ayla from me, he took out a life insurance policy on Ayla," said Trista Reynolds, according to Fox Boston. "Now, why did he take out that life insurance policy? I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. Because who takes a life insurance policy out on their own child?"

Ayla Reynolds vanished last December from her father's Waterville, Maine home. Trista Reynolds says she was in rehab for alcohol abuse when the Department of Health and Human Services sent Ayla to live with her father, Justin DiPietro.

Trista Reynolds is also suing the state nearly two months after her daughter's disappearance, claiming social service workers may be at fault, according to CBS Boston.

Reynolds says Maine officials could have done more and that she called them several times with concerns about her daughter, but they never investigated.

"You have this system that's supposed to protect children and what kind of protecting do they do when a child goes missing or something happens?," asks Reynolds.

Complete coverage of the Ayla Reynolds case on Crimesider

Quote Originally Posted by Hayalet View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...e-disappeared/

February 15, 2012 3:51 PM
    PRINT TEXT
    Report: Ayla Reynolds' father took out life insurance on toddler before she disappeared

The mother of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds says the girl's father took out a life insurance policy on Ayla in the weeks before she disappeared.

Pictures: Ayla Reynolds missing

"In the same week Justin took Ayla from me, he took out a life insurance policy on Ayla," said Trista Reynolds, according to Fox Boston. "Now, why did he take out that life insurance policy? I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. Because who takes a life insurance policy out on their own child?"

Ayla Reynolds vanished last December from her father's Waterville, Maine home. Trista Reynolds says she was in rehab for alcohol abuse when the Department of Health and Human Services sent Ayla to live with her father, Justin DiPietro.

Trista Reynolds is also suing the state nearly two months after her daughter's disappearance, claiming social service workers may be at fault, according to CBS Boston.

Reynolds says Maine officials could have done more and that she called them several times with concerns about her daughter, but they never investigated.

"You have this system that's supposed to protect children and what kind of protecting do they do when a child goes missing or something happens?," asks Reynolds.

Complete coverage of the Ayla Reynolds case on Crimesider
    Everyone I know has a life insurance policy on their kid. My parents had policies for us kids and when we turned 25 we started paying the premiums. That's stupid to say that. It could be a coincidence that the dad took out a policy and the kid come up missing. I don't think it is, because I think the dad had something to do with it, but I'm sure it happens to people and is a coincidence.

we have life insurance on our kids.

I don't understand why parents wouldn't have life insurance. I mean, I guess if you couldn't afford it, but I would do without. It isn't really that expensive, at least my policy isn't.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Yeah, a lot of people have life insurance on their kids. It's usually not for a huge amount, but enough to pay for final expenses if, God forbid, anything should happen. My ex-husband's grandmother had a $10,000 policy on each of her grand-kids so that if something happened she could help pay for the funeral and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Yeah, a lot of people have life insurance on their kids. It's usually not for a huge amount, but enough to pay for final expenses if, God forbid, anything should happen. My ex-husband's grandmother had a $10,000 policy on each of her grand-kids so that if something happened she could help pay for the funeral and whatnot.

This. Why does this lady think it's so shady that the dad had a policy? Obviously she doesn't hold policies on her children.

Thread Information