Thread: Brooke Bakaitis (18) - died from a pulmonary embolism

Brooke Bakaitis (18) - died from a pulmonary embolism

Brooke L. Bakaitis 1993 - 2011 HOOSICK FALLS, NY Brooke L. Bakaitis, 18, unexpectedly passed away on Saturday Dec. 10, surrounded by her family at the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington, Vt. She resided with her parents William B. and Anne M. (Gerity) Bakaitis on Elm Street in Hoosick Falls. Brooke was born on May 6, 1993 in Bennington, Vt. She graduated from Hoosick Falls Central School in June of 2011, where she was a member of the Drama and Chorus Clubs. She was also a member of Upward Bound for four years and the Girl Scouts at a younger age. Brooke was employed at the McDonalds in Hoosick Falls. She enjoyed the outdoors, animals, four wheeling, hunting and fishing. She was very involved with archery, and served as a Junior Board Member at the Catamount Bow Hunters Club. Brooke also volunteered at Kimberly Farms and Second Chance Animal Shelter in Arlington, Vt. Brooke was going to attend college this fall to be a Veterinarian. Survivors other than her parents include her sisters, Brittany A., Brianna M. and Bethany M. Bakaitis, all of Hoosick Falls; grandparents, William L. and Corina L. Bakaitis of Hoosick Falls and Ramona I. Gerity of Bennington, Vt.; her godparents, Christopher and Patricia Gallant of Bennington, Vt.; nephew, Issac W. Bakaitis; also, several aunts, uncles, cousins and her dog, Bella. Brooke was predeceased by her grandfather, Robert M. Gerity. FUNERAL NOTICE: Funeral services will be Wednesday, December 14 at 7 pm from the MAHAR FUNERAL HOME, 43 Main Street in Hoosick Falls, N.Y. Relatives and friends may call at the funeral home on Wednesday from 3 p.m. until the start of the service. Memorial contributions may be made to either the Brooke L. Bakaitis Scholarship Fund at Hoosick Falls Central School or the Town of Hoosick Rescue Squad through the funeral home.

Published in Bennington Banner from December 13 to December 14, 2011
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ben...&pid=155022839
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1439167395

Jessica Mentiply Gatus
    Loss right now not sure what happened but my heart goes out to the bakaitis family...rip Brooke ;(

LikeUnlike ? Share ? December 11 at 12:39am via mobile ? .3 people like this..

Kari Lynn Parker ‎?? Whts happened
    December 11 at 12:41am ? LikeUnlike.Jessica Mentiply Gatus Not sure
    December 11 at 12:47am ? LikeUnlike.Kari Lynn Parker Not good srry :/
    December 11 at 12:52am ? LikeUnlike.Lance Walizer I heard cardiac arrest.
    December 11 at 5:15am ? LikeUnlike.Tennille Baker how old was she ?
    December 11 at 7:25am ? LikeUnlike.Lance Walizer She was 18.
    December 11 at 8:03am ? LikeUnlike.

This article says she died from pulmonary embolism. It's from 2013 and was written because somebody carved the words "Ann you killed your daughter" into her mother's car ...

Grieving Family Has Car Vandalized ? Reward Offered

November 22, 2013 By eastwickpress Leave a Comment

by Bea Peterson

William and Anne Bakaitis of Elm Street in Hoosick Falls were so happy with the birth of their grandson on November 5. Baby Daniel is the son of Brianna and Daniel Coonradt of Hoosick Falls, and he brought joy into his grandparent?s lives again. The couple and their daughters, Brittany, Brianna and Bethany, are still mourning the loss of their daughter and sister, Brooke Bakaitis, who died on December 10, 2011. Brooke was just 18. She had ACL surgery and died a few days later from a pulmonary embolism.

So, imagine the couple?s shock when they went out to their car on November 7 and found ?Ann you killed your daughter!? carved into the side of their car. On the other side the word ?pig? was carved. As if that wasn?t enough, a couple on their street that they are close to had the same phrase carved into the side of their car. ?It brought the grief right back to what it was on day one,? said Anne.

Reward

The cost of repairing the two cars is $2,700. Police told Anne that because of the amount of the damage, the crime is a felony. A reward is being offered for any information leading to the arrest of the person or persons involved. The cars were damaged sometime between 11 pm November 6 and 8 am November 7. So far the Hoosick Falls Police Department has received no credible leads. Anyone with any information on the vandalism should contact the HFPD.
    https://eastwickpress.com/news/2013/...eward-offered/

According to her mother, the doctor her performed her procedure is now (or was) incarcerated. Makes you wonder what the hell he did:

‎Anne Marie Bakaitis‎ to Brooke Leigh Bakaitis
    February 1, 2016 ?
    As I lay here in bed recovering from surgery. It really makes me think of you, of course I think of you every sec,min,hour, of everyday. I can always remember whenever I had to have a surgery done, you would sleep right next to me. You would take care of me. My own little Doctor. I miss those days. I miss your quirky smile. Your infectious laugh. You always knew how to put a spin on something bad and make it sound not as bad. Everyone misses you so much. I am having a hard. time with this thing. I love you so much my beautiful daughter Brooke❤️������

PS. On a happier note, the Doctor that did your procedure is now sitting in a FEDERAL PRISON!!����

Federal prison....probably didn't pay his taxes or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Federal prison....probably didn't pay his taxes or something like that.
    or he wasn't licensed to do that procedure

Possibly this guy? Medicaid fraud.
    https://codingnetwork.com/new-york-d...th-care-fraud/

Thread Information