"Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Mother. Fuckin. Bernie Sanders.

Vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Mother. Fuckin. Bernie Sanders.

Vote!
    Is that a yea or a nay for Bernie?

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Is that a yea or a nay for Bernie?
    good point. I have much love for the man. A candidate who isn't just "less terrible" than the others DOES exist. Bernie 2016!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

"This video of the arrest of Sandra Bland shows totally outrageous police behavior. No one should be yanked from her car, thrown to the ground, assaulted and arrested for a minor traffic stop.

The result is that three days later she is dead in her jail cell. This video highlights once again why we need real police reform.

People should not die for a minor traffic infraction. This type of police abuse has become an all-too-common occurrence for people of color and it must stop."

http://www.alternet.org/election-201...ed-real-police
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

FINE GOOD LUCK CALLING 911 WHEN YOU GET MUGGED BERNIE.

good point. I have much love for the man. A candidate who isn't just "less terrible" than the others DOES exist. Bernie 2016!
    I like a lot of what he is saying

Excellent observation.

I saw something on fb shared by a liberal site that he is pushing for the banning of all guns that are not primarily used for hunting game.

Since everything you read on fb is true, I didn't think this would sit well with you. It doesn't even sit well with me entirely.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I saw something on fb shared by a liberal site that he is pushing for the banning of all guns that are not primarily used for hunting game.

Since everything you read on fb is true, I didn't think this would sit well with you. It doesn't even sit well with me entirely.
    I saw that! I was curious so followed up, and I'm satisfied with what I found. He has voted to support banning assault weapons, but not other guns. Ownership isn't an issue, just further selling, and specifically on assault weapons, not all guns. I can get behind banning selling assault weapons grudgingly, but FROM MY DEAD COLD HANDS will you get mah guns I currently own). Also I don't feel all that strongly on gun control, so my last comment was hilarious in my head. I have my opinions, and they include keeping my guns, but I'm not inflexible outside of that. Especially since he's pretty much entirely made of win.

"Nobody should have a gun who has a criminal background, was involved in domestic abuse situations. People should not have guns who are going to hurt other people, who are unstable," he said. "And second of all, I believe that we need to make sure that certain types of guns used to kill people exclusively -- not for hunting -- they should not be sold in the United States of America."
    Bernie 2016! Tomorrow is a big day for Bernie's campaign, I'm excited and hopeful. I can't believe there is a politician I actually WANT in office. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

He hasn't got the huge financial backing the other politicians do (because he won't be BOUGHT), which is obviously a huge disadvantage. The media is largely ignoring him. People need to know this option, register as democrats, and need to vote his old ass into the primaries.

Sorry, I'm super impressed with him and could go on and on. At least I'm rambling in an appropriate thread.

No need to apologize. Thanks for sharing, I feel better about it now.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

He hasn't got the huge financial backing the other politicians do (because he won't be BOUGHT), which is obviously a huge disadvantage. The media is largely ignoring him. People need to know this option, register as democrats, and need to vote his old ass into the primaries.

Sorry, I'm super impressed with him and could go on and on. At least I'm rambling in an appropriate thread.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I don't exactly share Bernie's stance on guns, either, but he has proven time and time again that he's no corporate puppet. More than anyone else on Capitol Hill, he speaks out for the working man and woman, and against big business. He knows how the system works, and has seen it fail in the hands of a certain group of people time and time again. When 99% of the wealth in this country is distributed amongst only 1% of her citizens, there's a problem.

I like the guy. I wish I could have seen him last week here in Texas.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    I don't exactly share Bernie's stance on guns, either, but he has proven time and time again that he's no corporate puppet. More than anyone else on Capitol Hill, he speaks out for the working man and woman, and against big business. He knows how the system works, and has seen it fail in the hands of a certain group of people time and time again. When 99% of the wealth in this country is distributed amongst only 1% of her citizens, there's a problem.

I like the guy. I wish I could have seen him last week here in Texas.
    His anti corporation stance is one of the reasons I like him .... corporations and pharmaceutical companies have far too much power and line the pockets of many congressmen and senators ..... like you said he is not a puppet ...his rhetoric is not
    hateful when he expresses his views

Bernie got a very good reception at a conv. College

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/berni...ry?id=33752985

the thing about bernie is, he isn't in it to win it. he is in it to talk about the issues, to change the way we talk about the issues, to debate, to change the way candidates campaign. he is trying to change things, not become necessarily to become the next president. i'd find a clip of him talking about it but i over slept while taking a nap and i'm now very behind on my homework and shouldn't be surfing mds at all.

I am so fucking sick of this Trump bullshit. Can we just split the country. I agree with these people on 0% of the issues, and I'm done with having to even look at them. Pretty sure the feeling is mutual. GO AWAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I am so fucking sick of this Trump bullshit. Can we just split the country. I agree with these people on 0% of the issues, and I'm done with having to even look at them. Pretty sure the feeling is mutual. GO AWAY!

Honestly, unless the dem's come up with somebody....trump is looking like he might win it.

Yes, I'm being serious. Trump is playing off the conv.'s and hard core reps.

muthufuckin bernie sanders

sadly, bernie says he will not end the drone attacks.

I highly doubt Trump would beat Hillary.

Okay, so he's only 99% made of win. In politics, that's... a big number.
    ...derp. Insert cohesive thought here.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Honestly, unless the dem's come up with somebody....trump is looking like he might win it.

Yes, I'm being serious. Trump is playing off the conv.'s and hard core reps.
    He is only appealing to straight, white men. That's not enough to win. Ask Romney.

Trump is 'winning' in polls because he's a media sensation and people saying they're voting for him are either trolling hard or literally so stupid they aren't even registered to vote.

He won't get the republican nomination because the actual party HATES him, he is terrible at literally everything they care about which is $$$$ and protecting other people. Ironically, Trump is way too rich to give a shit about being bought out, and he's a sociopath, which is evident to any halfway intelligent person. What we should be watching out for is any of the republicans who have slightly less press coverage but who are building momentum.

This is who votes for president
    Rich people (conservative except for Hollywood/tech industry)
    Old People (conservative christians or lifetime libs)
    College kids (overwhelmingly liberal) (don't turn out for smaller senate elections)
    Black people (Overwhelmingly liberal)
    Educated urban people (overwhelmingly liberal)

This is the problem the Republican party has been having and why they have failed to put anyone in top office. They are appealing to the dumbest, craziest people, and those people just don't vote.

The reason republicans have control of the house is because most urban people and college kids, who make a up a significant chunk of voters, don't vote unless it's a presidential election. The numbers regarding voters on those elections are staggeringly low. However, I believe Obama's second term had the greatest voter turnout in decades.
    Last edited by bowieluva; 09-15-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Thread Information