Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2012: America has lost its mind

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Pajamas View Post
    Republicans are silly. RATM is my oldest brother's favorite band too, and he's a Nugent-style republican.
    wow.

yeah, i don't under stand people either sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    wow.

yeah, i don't under stand people either sometimes.
    They don't listen to the lyrics. ANd Ryan says shit like that because his whole schtick is like 'YEAH I'M A FETUS BUT SO WHAT I'M HIP, I'M DOWN WITH THE CLOWN.' It's like in the UK when they made a huge deal because Cameron said he liked the Arctic Monkeys, which were the hippest band at the time. Like 'oh he's one of us'.

But I think Rage Against the Machine is super popular with meathead military types who have no idea what Killing In The Name Of is about but really like thrashing around and screaming FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME TO. Because they're rebelling against the liberal agenda. Which is to make their lives better hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    They don't listen to the lyrics. ANd Ryan says shit like that because his whole schtick is like 'YEAH I'M A FETUS BUT SO WHAT I'M HIP, I'M DOWN WITH THE CLOWN.' It's like in the UK when they made a huge deal because Cameron said he liked the Arctic Monkeys, which were the hippest band at the time. Like 'oh he's one of us'.

But I think Rage Against the Machine is super popular with meathead military types who have no idea what Killing In The Name Of is about but really like thrashing around and screaming FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME TO. Because they're rebelling against the liberal agenda. Which is to make their lives better hahaha.
    i follow, i do. i just think these people are too smart to make these kinds of gaffs. i guess as long as he has the meathead military types behind him he doesn't care if the rest of us are laughing at his ignorance.

it's particularly funny to me because of the shit that went down in chicago just a few months ago. how quickly we all forget.

i follow, i do. i just think these people are too smart to make these kinds of gaffs. i guess as long as he has the meathead military types behind him he doesn't care if the rest of us are laughing at his ignorance.

it's particularly funny to me because of the shit that went down in chicago just a few months ago. how quickly we all forget.
    Oh, no, the obama campaign is fucking loving it. The conservatives are counting on the public buying their 'stop persecuting the wealthy!' sob story. The truth is, idiots don't vote. It's too confusing for them. So the real audience they need is the old people vote, and old people do not give two fucks about Rage Against The Machine.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

I fucking love this guy. And I like Maroon 5.......but I know no one here does so save all the THEY SUUUUUCK shit, I know already.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Oh, no, the obama campaign is fucking loving it. The conservatives are counting on the public buying their 'stop persecuting the wealthy!' sob story. The truth is, idiots don't vote. It's too confusing for them. So the real audience they need is the old people vote, and old people do not give two fucks about Rage Against The Machine.
    old people are scared shitless of paul ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

I fucking love this guy. And I like Maroon 5.......but I know no one here does so save all the THEY SUUUUUCK shit, I know already.
    I don't like that type of music (not that it sucks, just not my taste) but I would fuck Adam Levine so hard and this just makes him hotter.

old people are scared shitless of paul ryan.
    As well they might be...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I don't like that type of music (not that it sucks, just not my taste) but I would fuck Adam Levine so hard and this just makes him hotter.
    Then my job here is done.

He seems like a really decent dude though, but yea, this upped his stock to the stratosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    As well they should be...
    Fixed.

I like Maroon 5. WHAT OF IT?!

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cat Pajamas again.

And here we go......

Tom Morello: 'Paul Ryan Is the Embodiment of the Machine Our Music Rages Against'
    Rage Against the Machine's guitarist blasts Romney's VP pick and unlikely Rage fan

By TOM MORELLO
    August 16, 2012 6:44 PM ET

Last week, Mitt Romney picked Paul Ryan, the Republican architect of Congress's radical right-wing budget plan, as his running mate. Ryan has previously cited Rage Against the Machine as one of his favorite bands. Rage guitarist Tom Morello responds in this exclusive op-ed.

Paul Ryan's love of Rage Against the Machine is amusing, because he is the embodiment of the machine that our music has been raging against for two decades. Charles Manson loved the Beatles but didn't understand them. Governor Chris Christie loves Bruce Springsteen but doesn't understand him. And Paul Ryan is clueless about his favorite band, Rage Against the Machine.

Ryan claims that he likes Rage's sound, but not the lyrics. Well, I don't care for Paul Ryan's sound or his lyrics. He can like whatever bands he wants, but his guiding vision of shifting revenue more radically to the one percent is antithetical to the message of Rage.

I wonder what Ryan's favorite Rage song is? Is it the one where we condemn the genocide of Native Americans? The one lambasting American imperialism? Our cover of "Fuck the Police"? Or is it the one where we call on the people to seize the means of production? So many excellent choices to jam out to at Young Republican meetings!

Don't mistake me, I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta "rage" in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment. Basically the only thing he's not raging against is the privileged elite he's groveling in front of for campaign contributions.

You see, the super rich must rationalize having more than they could ever spend while millions of children in the U.S. go to bed hungry every night. So, when they look themselves in the mirror, they convince themselves that "Those people are undeserving. They're . . . lesser." Some of these guys on the extreme right are more cynical than Paul Ryan, but he seems to really believe in this stuff. This unbridled rage against those who have the least is a cornerstone of the Romney-Ryan ticket.

But Rage's music affects people in different ways. Some tune out what the band stands for and concentrate on the moshing and throwing elbows in the pit. For others, Rage has changed their minds and their lives. Many activists around the world, including organizers of the global occupy movement, were radicalized by Rage Against the Machine and work tirelessly for a more humane and just planet. Perhaps Paul Ryan was moshing when he should have been listening.

My hope is that maybe Paul Ryan is a mole. Maybe Rage did plant some sensible ideas in this extreme fringe right wing nut job. Maybe if elected, he'll pardon Leonard Peltier. Maybe he'll throw U.S. military support behind the Zapatistas. Maybe he'll fill Guantanamo Bay with the corporate criminals that are funding his campaign – and then torture them with Rage music 24/7. That's one possibility. But I'm not betting on it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz23pU3xjwU

Yeah, I was reading it. Reminds me of when John Cougar Mellencamp was like lolwut to George Bush trying to use Little Pink Houses. He was like 'uh have you listened to the song?'

Morello also supports obama though, who is also just a suit and a part of the machine.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Yeah, I was reading it. Reminds me of when John Cougar Mellencamp was like lolwut to George Bush trying to use Little Pink Houses. He was like 'uh have you listened to the song?'
    I fuckign love Mellencamp and I love that song so much.
    I remember he had to do that with a few people using his songs. It's true, they just DO NOT listen to them. I remember John said something like "I don't understand why these people would even want to use music made by someone who's pretty much a radical leftist."

But they hear "america" and it's like seeing something shiny. They just know they like it and they're not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Morello also supports obama though, who is also just a suit and a part of the machine.
    Oh snap!

Maybe he's a sleeper cell that will go off in the second term?

That's what i am hoping for Ron.

But he had full control at the start of his term and didn't really do anything. Maybe he'll nut up this time around.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    That's what i am hoping for Ron.

But he had full control at the start of his term and didn't really do anything. Maybe he'll nut up this time around.
    Yea, didn't he get busted saying something to another president/prime minister about how he has to say certain things now that don't mean shit cause it's an election year?

Great statesmen speak:
    “First of all, from what I understand from doctors, [pregnancy from rape] is really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
    http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...pregnancy?lite
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

BUT HIS SOULFUL BLUE EYES. Yeah, he's a fucktard.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

hahaha that's amazing.

And pretty realistic to right-wing broads.

I don't know why right wing girls are afraid of health care seeing as they're the ones that seriously need their heads examined.

Thread Information