Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2012: America has lost its mind

Not sure if this was posted yet but this made my day today:

http://www.upworthy.com/mitt-romney-...ess-ensues?g=2

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Not sure if this was posted yet but this made my day today:

http://www.upworthy.com/mitt-romney-...ess-ensues?g=2
    this guy is fucking awesome. he didn't see that coming, you know this guy didn't set off anyone's gaydar.

I know I loved it!!! I wish he would've said something directly to Mitt though! Like, "well thanks for your answer, now I'd like to introduce you to my husband" HAAA!!!

THAT Speech was amazing. President Obama is the clear choice: here are some tweets from Chris Rock -

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrockoz: Mitt Romney is about to walk out on stage & Barack Obama is about to point at him & say "That's that sh*t I don't like." #Forward2012

5m Chris Rock Chris Rock ‏@chrisrockoz: Mitt Romney's at home sweating like Patrick Ewing in the 4th quarter. Hes got his hands on his head thinking, Im gonna debate him in person?

LOL

ETA: No teleprompter has been developed that will save Romney in a debate with Obama.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    THAT Speech was amazing. President Obama is the clear choice: here are some tweets from Chris Rock -

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrockoz: Mitt Romney is about to walk out on stage & Barack Obama is about to point at him & say "That's that sh*t I don't like." #Forward2012

5m Chris Rock Chris Rock ‏@chrisrockoz: Mitt Romney's at home sweating like Patrick Ewing in the 4th quarter. Hes got his hands on his head thinking, Im gonna debate him in person?

LOL

ETA: No teleprompter has been developed that will save Romney in a debate with Obama.
    I can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Also, it looks like I accidentally thumb downed my subject.

And LOL at using the Tom Petty song Won't Back Down. Bet they won't get a cease and desist like Dubya did.
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Also, it looks like I accidentally thumb downed my subject.

And LOL at using the Tom Petty song Won't Back Down. Bet they won't get a cease and desist like Dubya did.

What is your take on playing "Only in America," by Brooks & Dunn? They HAVE to know that B&D are Republicans and gave to Bush's campaign. I don't know if they have given to Romney's campaign. I can't imagine that Obama's team doesn't know B&D are Republicans and completely trashed talked him four years ago. Good song though.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    What is your take on playing "Only in America," by Brooks & Dunn? They HAVE to know that B&D are Republicans and gave to Bush's campaign. I don't know if they have given to Romney's campaign. I can't imagine that Obama's team doesn't know B&D are Republicans and completely trashed talked him four years ago. Good song though.
    I didn't hear that one. I DVR'd the DNC and just listened to Clinton and Obama's speeches. Hmm. I couldn't find any news on the B&D song either. I wonder if they did it on purpose. I could see B&D retaliating in the same way left rockers do. I don't know much about them, though.

I didn't hear that one. I DVR'd the DNC and just listened to Clinton and Obama's speeches. Hmm. I couldn't find any news on the B&D song either. I wonder if they did it on purpose. I could see B&D retaliating in the same way left rockers do. I don't know much about them, though.
    It was played at the very end of Obama's speech. I wouldn't be surprised if there was any backlash from B&D because they were huge Bush and McCain supporters. I remember during McCain's campaign they gave an interview and said some pretty shitty stuff about Obama. I can't remember what they said, but it pissed me off enough that I will never purchase anything of theirs again. It's not even that we can agree to disagree. It was outright hatred and disrespect for another human being, politics aside. And what got me about the whole thing is that they didn't get any backlash from fans like Dixie Chicks did with their words against Bush post 9/11.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    It was played at the very end of Obama's speech. I wouldn't be surprised if there was any backlash from B&D because they were huge Bush and McCain supporters. I remember during McCain's campaign they gave an interview and said some pretty shitty stuff about Obama. I can't remember what they said, but it pissed me off enough that I will never purchase anything of theirs again. It's not even that we can agree to disagree. It was outright hatred and disrespect for another human being, politics aside. And what got me about the whole thing is that they didn't get any backlash from fans like Dixie Chicks did with their words against Bush post 9/11.
    THAT'S CAUSE THE LIBERAL MEDIA CONTROLS THE.......

wait....what?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

fox news mentioned AGAIN how the Dems didnt have time to blow up balloons and have a balloon drop. They were like "look at them, they could only use confetti and lights"

Ugh. Don't even get me started. I went through a phase where I listened to country music. I was so impressed with the Dixie Chicks's little Bush speech, but then disappointed when they apologized. Anyway, after that, the DJ's on this country station made fun of DC and called them horrible, sexist names. That was the last time I ever listened to a country music station. Sometimes when I get really drunk I watch country music videos. I don't know why. I'm glad I've never watched any B&D country vids. Also, I love love Dixie Chicks's song Not Ready to Make Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    fox news mentioned AGAIN how the Dems didnt have time to blow up balloons and have a balloon drop. They were like "look at them, they could only use confetti and lights"
    They can have their balloons. We're happy with facts and awesome speeches.

Ugh. Don't even get me started. I went through a phase where I listened to country music. I was so impressed with the Dixie Chicks's little Bush speech, but then disappointed when they apologized. Anyway, after that, the DJ's on this country station made fun of DC and called them horrible, sexist names. That was the last time I ever listened to a country music station. Sometimes when I get really drunk I watch country music videos. I don't know why. I'm glad I've never watched any B&D country vids. Also, I love love Dixie Chicks's song Not Ready to Make Nice.

And people think country music is boring! ha;-P I was disappointed with DC apologizing, too. I love them. Too bad they broke up:-(

And people think country music is boring! ha;-P I was disappointed with DC apologizing, too. I love them. Too bad they broke up:-(
    Yea. Pssh. Country is cool. Hahah. Shhh. I think I'll watch their not ready to make nice vid before bed.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    In their defense, they didn't really "apologize."

I grew up with country and I get really excited when one of my "idols" goes against the rest of the pack. Granted, it doesn't happen often, but I have so much respect for Natalie Maines & co.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    In their defense, they didn't really "apologize."

I grew up with country and I get really excited when one of my "idols" goes against the rest of the pack. Granted, it doesn't happen often, but I have so much respect for Natalie Maines & co.
    You are true. I don't listen to his stuff, but Willy Nelson is cool. I always want to listen to country when I'm visiting TX, but my in-laws absolutely hate it.

Thought Ron would like this one. It's not that funny though because too many people actually feel this way,

If a guy named jimmy had the same record as Obama he would lose in a landslide...oh wait he did.

Stop being racist and voting for him cause he's black. He's has failed miserably at every single thing he has done. Sorry didn't take GW Bush to fix Clinton's recession or Reagan to fix Carter's...

If Obama wasn't black he would still be a senator no one with any sense of economics can actually support his intentionally failed policies, his spending was all about kickbacks. He added $6 Trillion worth of debt that was ever designed to fix anything he paid back his buddies look at where the "stimulus" money went, look to where the "bailout" money went.

Follow your Shepard.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Wow. My first tl;dr. Ever. Sweet.

He used it in 2008 too. It seems Don Cook, co-writter of the song, is a Democrat who was "dismayed" when Bush used it. So the Obama campaign seems to have used it, with permission (in 2008 anyway) Brooks claimed it was "ironic" but "flattering" that both campaigns used the song...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2008/08/29/only-in-america/
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Holy fucking shit, can you imagine Romney overseas. Dude would cause a war on the first fucking trip.
    Look at how poorly he was received as a fucking candidate!!!!

And if we elect him, the rest of the (progressive) globe will officially be done with us, and I can't blame them. After Bush, if we elect this dude...man.....

Posted after Clinton spoke.

I don't even get it.

I would be interested to know if someone went to and cleared the music before the show because there are McCain supporters who endorsed Obama eventually. McCain's mistake was Palin. He was a moderate Republican.

I don't even get it.

I would be interested to know if someone went to and cleared the music before the show because there are McCain supporters who endorsed Obama eventually. McCain's mistake was Palin. He was a moderate Republican.
    I hope Romney's mistake is Ryan.

Thread Information