Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2012: America has lost its mind

Honestly,I agree with Ron. Obama has his flaws but he doesn't have a platform intended to persecute women and non-whites. I will do everything to fight that. It's easier to encourage change during an annoying admin, and impossible to do it under a fascist umbrella like the repubs want to iintroduce. Forget about gaining rights...that's a luxury battle. Im terrified of watching them get stripped away.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Kristin votes in accordance with her beliefs, at least; I'll give her that. I actually had a really good talk with her about it last night. (Bottom line...she hates Ryan more than she hates Obama lol.)

More important- If you guys are trying to get an apocalypse going so that a REAL revolution will get started, then I can respect that. But don't act like Democrat and Republican are the same, then sit back and act like people are naive for even getting involved. - 100%. Couldn't say it any better. You're a good man, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    My emotion is that we don't need another Bush in office, and you (and others in the same mindset) staying home is going to make things worse, not just keep the status quo.

If you guys are trying to get an apocalypse going so that a REAL revolution will get started, then I can respect that. But don't act like Democrat and Republican are the same, then sit back and act like people are naive for even getting involved.

I wanna slap people who sat out 2000 cause of this dumb line of thinking.
    so you're saying i'm not a racist for not wanting to vote obama?

2000 is different, imo, because that was pre-citizens united.

and you know, i didn't sleep in a tent in the fucking snow and get arrested because i WASN'T trying to start a revolution. thanks for kind of getting it.

Emmie - I grew up watching the kids from the 60's trying to change the world. 50 years later, we know they succeeded in a small way. I'm proud of you guys for trying to change things now. One day we'll know if you succeeded... But know that you did make a difference. If nothing else you scared the hell out of the ptb.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

thanks, puzz. people who support us give us the drive to continue. listening to the state of the union was a big moment for me this year. the speech was filled with occupy language and that was what we were trying to do--to change political discourse. i look forward to seeing how its reflected in the history books someday.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    thanks, puzz. people who support us give us the drive to continue. listening to the state of the union was a big moment for me this year. the speech was filled with occupy language and that was what we were trying to do--to change political discourse. i look forward to seeing how its reflected in the history books someday.
    I get stabby whenever people say they don't understand why "you people" don't get jobs or how the movement isn't saying anything. I can only imagine how you feel.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Dunno if anyone was aware, but Obama did an IAmA on reddit today.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...united_states/

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I get stabby whenever people say they don't understand why "you people" don't get jobs or how the movement isn't saying anything. I can only imagine how you feel.
    you have no idea how many times i've been told to take a shower and get a job. yeah, the whole experience has changed me and not just politically.

I love it when people who have never served in the military start talking shit to me about how I'm a giant loser that sponges off the system, how I should get a job, how I'll ~change my mind, someday, when I'm older~, how I should shut my fucking mouth because I don't know what I'm talking about, etc etc and then I'm like, "Um, I've been in the military for ten years, motherfucker, I do believe I've earned my right to express my views and ideas," and then they shut up or try and backtrack. OR, they'll tell me that I'm a disgrace to the uniform, that's my fucking favorite.

you're not a disgrace. i wish more people in the military thought like you do. but mostly i wish there weren't so maybe people needed in the military and we could find a better use for all the money we sink into the military. i don't mean to offend you, i'm just not all that big on war.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    you're not a disgrace. i wish more people in the military thought like you do. but mostly i wish there weren't so maybe people needed in the military and we could find a better use for all the money we sink into the military. i don't mean to offend you, i'm just not all that big on war.
    I'm not offended. I'm not all that big on war either, but I definitely think people like me and my friend who is like me (Sarah in the Air Force) should keep joining, because - and I think you'll agree - the last thing I'd want is a military composed of only ONE political view. I know a lot of people think that it's chock full of tea partiers and other conservative nonsense, but tbh I know a crap load of liberals and people who don't really care/moderates.

My husband's been in for 7 years, and he's a hardcore Progressive Democrat. If he had ever told me he was either religious or a Republican (here, Republicans are fucking nutters) I would have ran and never looked back. Other than our daughter's black godparents, I don't personally any service members who identify him/herself as anything other than Republican and I think that's shitty.

Also, we're not big on war either. It's hard to explain that one being that he's deployed right now. Side-eye me now. It's okay.

could it be?

Obama Suggests A Constitutional Amendment To Overturn Citizens United

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08...tizens-united/

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/30/paul_ryans_brazen_lies/

Republican vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan accepts the nomination as he addresses delegates during the third session of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida, August 29, 2012. (Credit: Reuters/Mike Segar)

Paul Ryan gave a feisty anti-Obama speech that will have fact-checkers working for days. His most brazen lie accused President Obama of “raiding” Medicare by taking the exact same $716 billion that Ryan and the House GOP notoriously voted to slash. It was stunning.

But that’s not all. He attacked Obama for failing to keep open a Janesville GM plant that closed under Bush in 2008. He hit him for a credit-rating downgrade that S&P essentially blamed on GOP intransigence. He claimed that all taxpayers got from the 2009 stimulus was “more debt,” when most got a tax cut (and the stimulus is known to have saved between 1.4 and 3.3 million jobs). He derided the president for walking away from the Simpson Bowles commission deficit-cutting recommendations when Ryan himself, a commission member, voted against those recommendations.

He blamed Obama for a deficit mostly created by programs he himself voted for – from two wars, tax cuts, new Medicare benefits and TARP.

And of course, he riffed on the tired central lie of the GOP convention: that the president said “government gets the credit” for small businesses, not the business owners themselves.

Other than that, it was a great speech.

Interestingly, for all his lies, Ryan didn’t repeat the Romney camp’s false claim that Obama did away with the welfare system’s work requirements. Maybe he ran out of time.

Ryan got off a few good zingers: “College grads shouldn’t have to live out their 20s in childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters.” He didn’t mention that he opposed legislation to keep student loan rates from doubling. His remarks about his childhood were slightly moving. He talked about losing his father at 16, and he called his mother, who went back to school and to work after that, his role model. But he never mentioned the Social Security death benefits that let him go to an out-of-state school. Occasionally he seemed to be going after swing voters, rather than his hard-right base, taking a more in sorrow than anger tone about Obama’s failings. Then he’d mix things up with nastiness and lies.

lol I got my first Romney supporter and his argument was Obamacare will institute death machines.

lol I got my first Romney supporter and his argument was Obamacare will institute death machines.
    my FB romney supporters are purely on the basis that abortion should be illegal and that catholic institutions shouldnt be responsible for handing out birth control. AND THEYRE WOMEN. (all 3 of them) - i want to kick them in the ass and take away their vaginas.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    my FB romney supporters are purely on the basis that abortion should be illegal and that catholic institutions shouldnt be responsible for handing out birth control. AND THEYRE WOMEN. (all 3 of them) - i want to kick them in the ass and take away their vaginas.
    At least this is something legit that Romney is pushing. Obama=death chambers is like me being like HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT MITT ROMNEY AND RON PAUL I HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE THAT THEY WERE DEATH EATERS DURING THE GREAT WIZARDING WAR AND SUPPORTED VOLDEMORT AND COMMITTED ATROCITIES AGAINST MUGGLES.

i never understood this arguments because i'm pretty sure insurance companies already operate this way.

Clint sure gave that chair a talking to. Take that dems!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

At least this is something legit that Romney is pushing. Obama=death chambers is like me being like HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT MITT ROMNEY AND RON PAUL I HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE THAT THEY WERE DEATH EATERS DURING THE GREAT WIZARDING WAR AND SUPPORTED VOLDEMORT AND COMMITTED ATROCITIES AGAINST MUGGLES.
    true. and your example made me snort.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Clint sure gave that chair a talking to. Take that dems!
    i couldnt even watch. it was almost watching someone with dementia. i have always disliked Clint Eastwood.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    true. and your example made me snort.

i couldnt even watch. it was almost watching someone with dementia. i have always disliked Clint Eastwood.
    That's because you didn't know him when he was young and pretty...

Oh wait this goes here http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...40#post3221640
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

now he better win. lol. i wanna be obama's tweeter.

actually, i wanna be chris christie's tweeter - that person gets $60k a year and full medical, better than me - that overpaid teacher.... anyways i would put out THE BEST tweets for Christie ever.
    "this seat is taken,...and so is the one next to it"
    "im not trying to be an asshole, it come naturally"
    "i passed that bill to reform tenure, but i refused to pass the mashed potatoes"

Thread Information