He is the first known case of deliberate poisoning in this manner.
12) 2007: Jennifer Strange
, a 28-year-old American woman from Sacramento, died of water intoxication while trying to win a Nintendo Wii console in a KDND 107.9 "The End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest, which involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating.
13) 2007: Kevin Whitrick
, a 42-year-old British man, committed suicide by hanging himself live on a webcam during an Internet chat session.
14) 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries
He later died from his injuries.
15) 2008: Abigail Taylor
, a 6-year-old American girl, died nine months after several of her internal organs were partially sucked out of her lower body while she sat on an excessively powerful swimming pool drain.
After several months, surgeons replaced her intestines and pancreas with donor organs. She later succumbed to a rare transplant-related cancer.
16) 2008: Gerald Mellin
, a U.K. businessman, committed suicide by tying one end of a rope around his neck and the other to a tree.
He then went into his Aston Martin DB7 and drove down a main road in Swansea until the rope decapitated him. He supposedly did this as an act of revenge against his ex-wife for leaving him.
17) 2008: David Phyall, 58
, the last resident in a block of flats due to be demolished in Bishopstoke, near Southampton, Hampshire, England, cut his own head off with a chainsaw to highlight the injustice of being forced to move out.
18) 2008: James Mason, 73
, of Chardon, Ohio, died of heart failure after his wife exercised him to death in a public swimming pool. Christine Newton-John, 41, was seen on video tape pulling Mason around the pool and preventing him from getting out of the water 43 times.
19) 2008: Nordin Montong, 32, a janitor at the Singapore Zoo, committed suicide by entering an enclosure containing white tigers and provoking them with brooms and a pail.
Three of the tigers pounced on him, dragging him by the neck to the back of their enclosure. He was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene.
20) 2009: Jonathan Campos
, an American sailor charged with murder, killed himself in his Camp Pendleton, San Diego, California, cell by stuffing toilet paper in his mouth until he asphyxiated.
21) 2009: Sergey Tuganov, a 28-year-old Russian, bet two women that he could continuously have sex with them both for twelve hours.
Several minutes after winning the $4,300 bet, he suffered a heart attack and died, apparently because of having ingested an entire bottle of Viagra just after accepting the bet.
22) 2009: Taylor Mitchell,
a Canadian folk singer, was attacked and killed by two coyotes, only the second recorded human fatality from a coyote attack.
23) 2009: Vladimir Likhonos, a Ukrainian student, died after accidentally dipping a piece of homemade chewing gum into explosives he was using on another project.
He mistook the jar of explosive for citric acid, which was also on his desk. The gum exploded, blowing off his jaw and most of the lower part of his face.
24) 2009: Kim Sa-rang
, a 3-month-old Korean girl, died from malnutrition after both her parents spent hours each day in an internet cafe raising a virtual child on an online game, Prius Online.
25) 2010: Jacquelyn Kotarac, 49, a physician (internist) from Bakersfield, California, was found dead in her boyfriend's chimney. She had been trying to break in through the chimney and died of asphyxiation.
The body was found after a house sitter noticed an odor and fluids coming from the chimney.