Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lauren Scruggs (23) survives walking into plane's propeller

The proper answer is always "bear wrestling".

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    The proper answer is always "bear wrestling".
    That's a good one. Another option is some horrible Mexican kidnapping gone wrong.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

It does suck, but it's best to just laugh it off. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    It does suck, but it's best to just laugh it off. Right?
    I'm missing two fingers and half a thumb. I'm pretty good about laughing it off. I give people "one and a half thumbs up" and joke about how I lost my fingers. But I very rarely ever tell people how it actually happened because people are assholes.

I can tell you that I did not walk into a propeller.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

You stuck your hand in a hungry horse's mouth, huh.

Wood shop accident in 8th grade? That is what happened to my gf's cousin. He is missing half an index finger. The only time I ever notice it is when we shake hands. It always takes me a second to remember why half is finger is gone. Not sure if the momentary pause is noticeable, but I usually feel like an asshole.

You stuck your hand in a hungry horse's mouth, huh.
    It was gross, you should have seen it spit out the fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Wood shop accident in 8th grade? That is what happened to my gf's cousin. He is missing half an index finger. The only time I ever notice it is when we shake hands. It always takes me a second to remember why half is finger is gone. Not sure if the momentary pause is noticeable, but I usually feel like an asshole.
    I don't ever feel bad when people notice my hand. It's natural.

Far worse is when they ask what happened, you tell them, and they say something assholeish like, "Well that was stupid", which is what this girl will get a lot of and why I feel for her.
    Last edited by zeebee; 12-07-2011 at 12:01 PM.

When I was little I would hang out at my dad and grandpas auto repair shop. My grandpas friends would always hang out there too and I remember quite a many of them were missing at least one finger. I think that used to be more common with older generations or maybe my grandpa had a lot of unlucky friends.

I dated a girl with a missing finger but I was fortunate enough to have my asshole friend ask her on the night we met how she lost it.

My great uncle has a nub and he used to chase us around and threaten to poke us with it. I have no idea why that was so terrifying but it was.

My great grandpa was missing all of his fingers and half his thumb. He use to tell us that his boogers ate them and not to pick our noses. I have no idea how he really lost them.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
    I dated a girl with a missing finger but I was fortunate enough to have my asshole friend ask her on the night we met how she lost it.
    I don't think it's asshole-ish to ask how they were lost (too many people just stare and then smile and pretend they don't see). I am just usually kind of vague about it because of past experience with people who are either assholes or have no tact.

Sometimes I tell people that I lost them "in the war" and that I don't like to talk about it.

My great uncle has a nub and he used to chase us around and threaten to poke us with it. I have no idea why that was so terrifying but it was.

It wasn't so much the asking as the phrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
    It wasn't so much the asking as the phrasing.
    Oh ok, gotcha.

And in answer to all you guys's unasked question: bear wrestling.
    Last edited by zeebee; 12-07-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy213 View Post
    Compared to her candid shots, these modeling photos are not too bad!
    Professional shots look better than candid ones? Shocking!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Zee, how did you lose them? I understand if you don't want to say, but I promise I would never been an ass about it :) Everyone has SOMETHING that has happened in their life...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Zee, how did you lose them? I understand if you don't want to say, but I promise I would never been an ass about it :) Everyone has SOMETHING that has happened in their life...
    Bear wrestling.

It was pretty dumb, wrestling a bear.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I read about this when I was at my boyfriend's house the night it happened (it's in my area) and I said "How do you run into a propeller? It's a huge blade spinning round and round! That was pretty dumb!" And he was like "That was very rude to say." LOL.

And I also want to know what happened to your fingers Zee. My mom slammed a very heavy door on my pinky in high school and severed the tip of it, but you can barely tell now.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I read about this when I was at my boyfriend's house the night it happened (it's in my area) and I said "How do you run into a propeller? It's a huge blade spinning round and round! That was pretty dumb!" And he was like "That was very rude to say." LOL.

And I also want to know what happened to your fingers Zee. My mom slammed a very heavy door on my pinky in high school and severed the tip of it, but you can barely tell now.
    My mum caught my left index finger in a car door when I was four and severed part of it. Mums and doors obviously don't mix.

My Grandda was missing one of his middle fingers. I'm sure he said that it was shot off during the war or something happened to it during the war. My sister and I were terrified of that hand as kids.

There is nothing dumb about bear wrestling. It is a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Oh are you dating Ron?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Oh are you dating Ron?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    I have a friend that shot off one of his middle fingers. It was pretty fucking stupid but he's a great guy
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Thread Information