Thread: Bianca Jones - Missing from Detroit, Michigan since 12/2/11

Bianca Jones - Missing from Detroit, Michigan since 12/2/11

Police Trying to Find Missing Toddler in Detroit
    Amber Alert Issued for 2-Year-Old Bianca Jones

DETROIT (WJBK) - "I pray to God that you are alright. I pray to God I'll see you again," said Orlando Jones, the uncle of the missing girl.

Emotions are running high as the search continues for two-year-old Bianca Jones. As of Friday night, there was still no sign of her.

Her father, 32-year-old D'Andre Lane, told police a guy with a gun carjacked him and drove off with Bianca buckled into her car seat.

Police launched an intensive search. Lane said he was carjacked on John R. just north of East Grand Boulevard at 9:20 Friday morning.

Lane's 2004 silver Mercury Grand Marquis was recovered later on Beaubien between Euclid and Philadelphia, but Bianca was gone.

Bianca's great uncle got this story from Lane.

"They pulled the gun out and he was saying 'my baby's in the car.' And they said, 'Hey man, step back. Get out of the way,' said Oliver Nevers. "They just took the car and drove it off."

Nevers explained he was skeptical from the start. He said Lane's account of the carjacking kept changing.

"He [was] having so many different stories ? I don't know what to believe now," Nevers told us. "I know him ... well. He [has] been in our family for years, even ever since junior high."

Lane is known to police. He is a felon convicted of possession of cocaine, possession stolen property and a felon in possession of a firearm.

Early on in the Amber Alert, Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee said he was aware of conflicting stories and criminal convictions, but warned everyone not to lose sight of the objective.

"I'm not going to give any characterization as to the father, the mother or anything. Right now, that's not what's important. Obviously, they appear to be very distraught," he said.

Bianca's mother said she will not rest until her daughter is safely in her arms.

"My daughter is wearing a purple coat with gold trim and pink tights. Her hair is braided and she has beads in it. She's very smart, and she just had a birthday Saturday. She just turned two," said Banika Jones.

Late Friday night, Chief Godbee circulated a composite sketch of a suspect -- a black male with a short beard. (You can see the sketch at the top of this story)

The chief said he believes there were two men involved, but this is a composite of one of the suspects who had a gun.

"Right now, no matter what our worry is, I'm sure it does not trump the worry of the family, so we have to maintain our calm, do what we know how to do, follow every lead, continue to get information out. We're using Twitter, Facebook, anything we can do to get information out," Godbee said.

The number to call with tips about Bianca is 1-800-SPEAK-UP. You can remain anonymous.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...troit-20111202

https://www.facebook.com/help.find.bianca?sk=wall

i hope they find this little girl.

I've seen this episode of Law & Order, like, 894837728229293300409028818827, times.

Search goes on for toddler missing after father reports car stolen

A newly donated $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the return of 2-year-old Bianca Lily Jones, who reportedly was kidnapped during a carjacking earlier in the day near Detroit's New Center area.

Police Chief Ralph Godbee Jr. announced the award and provided a composite sketch of one of the two suspects in Bianca's disappearance at a news conference late Friday.

"We're in this for the long haul," Godbee said. "Finding the little girl is primary."

He said the FBI, Michigan State Police and the Wayne County Sheriff's Office were conducting, along with family friends, a door-to-door, street-by-street search for Bianca.

According to police, the girl's father, Deandre Lane, 32, said he was in his silver Mercury Grand Marquis with his daughter in the back when he was carjacked in the area of East Grand Boulevard and Brush around 9:45 a.m.

Within 10 minutes, the car was found at Beaubien and Philadelphia, less than a mile from where the car was stolen -- but the child was gone, police said. Police towed the car about 2 p.m.

Bianca is African American, weighs about 25 pounds and has braided hair. She was last seen wearing either a pink or purple coat with rhinestones or beads on it with pink shoes and pink tights.

The girl's uncle, Olando Jones, said Lane left his house on Mitchell and was on his way to Bianca's mother's house on Custer between John R and Brush to pick up clothing for the girl, who was to stay with Lane for a week.

An AMBER Alert has been issued for Bianca.

"She is very intelligent," said Jones, 20. "She's so smart and can speak, and she's really good and loves to read."

Jones said his sister Banika Jones, 32, and Bianca's father have a good relationship and that Lane is like a family member.

Meanwhile, friends of the family passed out flyers of the missing girl at businesses along Woodward, including a Burger King near the Central District police station.

"We're going to work tirelessly until we get to the bottom of what has happened with Bianca," Godbee said.

About 75 officers -- and Godbee -- searched vacant homes in the area. A police tracking dog was used, but was unable to find the carjackers. The search area spanned from Woodward to the west to I-75 to the east and from Grand Boulevard to the south to Pingree to the north.

Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said the carjackers told Lane there was a problem with his taillight and, when he got out of the car to look, they stole his vehicle.

Two people were involved in the carjacking, police said. One is described as a black man, 6 feet tall, 185 pounds, wearing a black top and black pants, with a moustache and beard that resembled a 5 o'clock shadow, police said.

"There's a red vehicle involved," Godbee said. "But the father was not able to give a good description of the driver of the vehicle: the person who actually carried out the carjacking is the most vivid description he was able to give us."

Both parents were being questioned by police Friday.

"We have no reason at this point to doubt the father's rendition of what has happened," Godbee said. "Time is of the essence. Every minute that ticks without us knowing where Bianca is, it just gives me greater concern."

Olando Jones pleaded through tears Friday afternoon for whoever took his niece to please return her or drop her off safely at an area hospital or church.

"I want to help but I literally feel helpless, like there's nothing I can do," Jones said. "And I hate this feeling because I'm very upset and never experienced this before."

Jones said Bianca celebrated her second birthday last week, adding that the girl shares her birth month with her mother and grandmother.

"I love you, and I'm sorry this happened to you," Jones tearfully said of his niece. "I wish I could have been there, and I pray to see you again."

http://www.freep.com/article/2011120...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

"She is very intelligent," said Jones, 20. "She's so smart and can speak, and she's really good and loves to read."

Maybe she'll find a map and find her way home. His story stinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Damn you Susan Smith! You started this.

Bianca, I'm very much afraid something horrible has happened to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Is it normal for a carjacker to dump the car within a few minutes of taking it and less than a mile from where it was taken?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Reward increased as search continues in Detroit for 2-year-old Bianca Jones

The search continues today for missing 2-year-old Bianca Jones, a Detroit girl missing since Friday morning.

“Unfortunately, there is nothing new to report,” Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee Jr. said at an afternoon news conference. “We are still searching for the little girl’s whereabouts, and still asking the public for their assistance.”

Godbee said a $15,000 reward, in addition to a $2,500 CrimeStoppers reward, has been offered by someone who doesn’t want to be identified.

“If someone knows something or if you see something, say something,” Godbee said.

Michigan State Police have joined Detroit Police and the FBI in the search, as well as a variety of groups that have stepped forward to help. Searches on foot continue today, including in vacant homes throughout the city.

Godbee said police are still talking to Bianca’s father, Deandre Lane, who is in custody for “issues with another law enforcement agency completely unrelated” to this case, Godbee said. He said Lane is cooperating with the investigation but did not provide further details about why Lane is in custody.

Lane told police he was driving in the car with Bianca when he was carjacked and that she was taken with the car. The car was later found but the girl was not in it.

Banika Jones, Bianca’s mother, was at the news conference with her 7-year-old daughter and Bianca’s older sister Bella Jones, and said:
    “We only want Bianca back. That’s all we care about. We just want you to bring her back safe and sound or leave her somewhere safe.”

Anyone with information should call 800-SPEAK-UP.

On Friday

According to police, the girl's father, said he was in his silver Mercury Grand Marquis with his daughter in the back when he was carjacked in the area of East Grand Boulevard and Brush around 9:45 a.m.

Within 10 minutes, the car was found at Beaubien and Philadelphia, less than a mile from where the car was stolen -- but the child was gone, police said. Police towed the car about 2 p.m.

Bianca is African American, weighs about 25 pounds and has braided hair. She was last seen wearing either a pink or purple coat with rhinestones or beads on it with pink shoes and pink tights.

The girl's uncle, Olando Jones, said Lane left his house on Mitchell and was on his way to Bianca's mother's house on Custer between John R and Brush to pick up clothing for the girl, who was to stay with Lane for a week.

An AMBER Alert has been issued for Bianca.

Jones said his sister Banika Jones, 32, and Bianca's father have a good relationship and that Lane is like a family member.

Meanwhile, friends of the family passed out flyers of the missing girl at businesses along Woodward, including a Burger King near the Central District police station.

"We're going to work tirelessly until we get to the bottom of what has happened with Bianca," Godbee said.

About 75 officers -- and Godbee -- searched vacant homes in the area. A police tracking dog was used, but was unable to find the carjackers. The search area spanned from Woodward to the west to I-75 to the east and from Grand Boulevard to the south to Pingree to the north.

Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said the carjackers told Lane there was a problem with his taillight and, when he got out of the car to look, they stole his vehicle.

Two people were involved in the carjacking, police said. One is described as a black man, 6 feet tall, 185 pounds, wearing a black top and black pants, with a moustache and beard that resembled a 5 o'clock shadow, police said.

"There's a red vehicle involved," Godbee said. "But the father was not able to give a good description of the driver of the vehicle: the person who actually carried out the carjacking is the most vivid description he was able to give us."

Both parents were being questioned by police Friday.

"We have no reason at this point to doubt the father's rendition of what has happened," Godbee said. "Time is of the essence. Every minute that ticks without us knowing where Bianca is, it just gives me greater concern."

Olando Jones pleaded through tears Friday afternoon for whoever took his niece to please return her or drop her off safely at an area hospital or church.

"I want to help but I literally feel helpless, like there's nothing I can do," Jones said. "And I hate this feeling because I'm very upset and never experienced this before."

Jones said Bianca celebrated her second birthday last week, adding that the girl shares her birth month with her mother and grandmother.

"I love you, and I'm sorry this happened to you," Jones tearfully said of his niece. "I wish I could have been there, and I pray to see you again."

http://www.freep.com/article/2011120...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

SOURCES: Father of missing 2-year-old fails polygraph, mother makes plea for safe return of child

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Sources tell Action News the father who claims his toddler was taken during an armed carjacking has failed a polygraph test and remains in custody on unrelated warrants.

Meanwhile, Bianca's mother made a desperate plea for her little girl's safe return and a stranger offered a $5,000 reward.

Banika Jones is begging whoever has her 2-year-old daughter Bianca Jones to please, please bring her back. The mother told 7 Action News she feels like this isn't real and she wants to wake up and have her daughter home.

According to the toddler's dad, the child was taken when he was carjacked at gunpoint Friday morning just blocks from the mom's home on Custer. He ran to the house and they called police.

The car was found a short time later just blocks away and little Bianca was gone. Police responded quickly searching the area with dogs and going door to door. The family started passing out posters.

Both the mom and dad were questioned. The mom came home, while as of 11 p.m. Friday night, the dad was still being questioned.

The dad did work with police to come up with a composite sketch of a man the dad says carjacked him. Police released that sketch, but at the same time, Chief Ralph Godbee says their focus right now is to find Bianca.

She was wearing a purple jacket with gold trim, and pink shoes. She responds to her name and also to a nickname of "bacon". Police say they will work non-stop until this is resolved.

Anyone with information is asked to call 313-596-2260.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...er-safe-return

i wonder if this was a drug deal gone wrong.

Rachy,
    I was thinking along those lines of drug deal/money owed, also. It just seems like there is more to the story than what the Dad is telling. Now we can see he has felony cocaine possession charges in his past from the above link.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

http://www.detnews.com/article/20111...g-Detroit-girl

Police question dad's story in case of missing Detroit girl

Detroit- Police are questioning whether the father of missing 2-year-old Bianca Jones told investigators the truth about being carjacked Friday morning with the toddler still inside the vehicle.
    Bianca was reported missing at around 10 a.m. Friday, when her father, Dandre Lane, told police carjackers forced him out of his 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis at gunpoint at Brush and Carter streets, just north of East Grand Boulevard, before driving off with his daughter in the backseat. The car was recovered a few minutes after police responded to the call, but Bianca was gone.
    Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee said Sunday that investigators are looking into whether Lane's story checks out.
    "In the interest of allaying some of the fears of the public regarding the apparent randomness of Bianca's disappearance, the authenticity and credibility of the original version of events is under intense scrutiny by our investigative team," Godbee said in a written statement released Sunday morning.
    Lane, who is being held by police on an outstanding warrant for an unrelated incident, has taken a lie detector test, although Godbee would not comment on the results.
    Police released an artist's sketch based on Lane's description of one of the two men he said carjacked him: A 6-feet tall, 190-pound black male, 25-30 years old with a medium complexion, wearing a black shirt, black pants. Lane said the man had a 5 o'clock shadow, and wore a brown and black ball cap.
    Bianca, 2-foot-5 and 25 pounds with a light complexion, was wearing a purple jacket with gold trim, pink tights and pink shoes.
    Police are asking anyone with information about the case to call Crime Stoppers of Michigan at (800) SPEAK-UP; or the Detroit Police Homicide Section at (313) 596)-2260.
    "The search for Bianca Jones is ongoing and continues to be the highest priority," Godbee said.

Probably Traded the girl for drugs

Is he telling the truth? Police question father's story as they search for missing girl Bianca, 2
    Bianca Jones, 2, has been missing since last Friday
    Police worried about her father D'Andre Lane's story
    Searchers looking for Bianca in freezing temperatures

Dozens of volunteers are today searching for a missing two-year-old girl while police probe her father’s claim she was taken during a carjacking.

Bianca Jones, 2, of Detroit, Michigan, has been missing since Friday when D'Andre Lane claims she was in his car’s rear seat and taken in a robbery.

But police are questioning the 32-year-old’s story, searched his home and were holding him on an outstanding warrant from an unrelated case.

Makibla Gideon, 39, is on the search team and was stepping among discarded tyres, piles of soggy clothing and nail-pierced wood boards.

She said: 'You have to put all that aside when it comes to a precious little girl. If it was my son or me missing I would want somebody looking for me.’

She looked for a purple toddler's jacket or pink shirt, barely avoiding oily pools of filthy rain water in alleys not far from the alleged carjacking.

Many who canvassed the area in 30F temperatures that gave way to snow returned to Metropolitan United Methodist Church and vowed to try again.

Lane was being held in nearby Oakland County on an outstanding warrant from an unrelated case, but was later released on Monday.

Investigators were questioning his story and searched his home yesterday. No suspects have been identified in relation to the alleged carjacking.

Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee said the search for Bianca is of the ‘highest priority’ in relation to ‘dedicated resources’ on the case.

‘The Detroit Police Department will not comment on the quantity nor the quality of any evidence or information we have gathered to date,’ he said.

‘However… the authenticity and credibility of the original version of events is under intense scrutiny by our investigative team.’

Lane's lawyer described his client as a ‘loving father’ and said he has been straightforward with police and will be so in the future.

Terry Johnson said Lane ‘has fully cooperated and will continue to cooperate with police agencies to assure the safe return of his daughter’.

The girl's mother Banika Jones said she last saw her daughter on November 26, when family and friends celebrated her birthday.

Ms Jones said Lane had taken Bianca to see a movie, brought her back to her mother's house for the party and then the girl left with her father.

‘We love her and we want her home,’ Ms Jones said. ‘Bianca, Mommy has lots and lots of gingerbread men for you when you get home.’

Lane was jailed for more than three years on drug and firearm possession charges stemming from a 2003 arrest and was paroled in 2007.

He served a more than four-year probation starting in 1996 after being convicted of assault with intent to commit armed robbery and conspiracy.

A pre-sentencing report from 2007 shows Lane, a father of three other children from three other relationships, wanted to shield his incarceration.

Lane did not want his children to come to see him in prison because he did not think it was a place for them to visit, a probation officer wrote.

Ms Jones said Lane has a good relationship with Bianca, who is described as 2’5” and weighing about 25lbs, with brown eyes and black hair.

‘He has unfettered access to her; welcome to come anytime,’ she said. ‘He's never been anything but loving and committed to her.

‘I know he probably wants to see Bianca home as much as I do. I have no information on the investigation. My focus is on finding Bianca.

‘That is what I'm driven to do right now is bring my daughter home. I just want to see Bianca again. We are going to bring Bianca home.’

Lane has been close to the Jones family for years, said Ms Jones sister Kelly Jones.

‘They were never officially in a relationship,’ she said of Lane and Banika. ‘There was no problem and now Bianca's gone. Let's just find her.’

Locating a child that some fear is somewhere shivering in the cold is what prompted Michelle Carter to join the search on Monday.

‘We went through the alleys,' she said. 'We searched porches, under debris, moved bags and went through trash. We called Bianca's name.’

The 39-year-old nail salon owner refused to think the worst and admitted to having no idea what Bianca's mother may be feeling.

‘I don't want to imagine. No,’ Ms Carter said. ‘Being a mother and not even knowing where your child is - I know is devastating.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...arjacking.html

Last edited by rachy; 12-13-2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: double post

urgh stupid double post!

Arrest warrant requested in case of missing Detroit girl, 2

The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office has received a warrant request from the Detroit Police Department in connection with the disappearance of 2-year-old Bianca Jones, but neither agency will discuss the charges or who they will be issued against.

Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Maria Miller sent an announcement about the warrant request just after 11 a.m. today.

“The warrant request is being reviewed and there will not be any decision made this week,” Miller wrote. “We will not comment any further regarding this matter this week.”

Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens, the department’s spokeswoman, said that investigators will not disclose the subject of the warrant and whether it may be Bianca’s father, D’Andre Lane, 32, the last person reported to be seen with the little girl.

“I’ve been advised it’s an ongoing investigation,” Stephens said. She said a task force made up of DPD officers and investigators from the Michigan State Police and the FBI are still actively involved in the case.

Bianca’s father reported the toddler missing Dec. 2, telling police she was taken during a carjacking as he approached her mother’s home. A $25,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the little girl.

Lane’s attorney, Terry L. Johnson, said today that he does not know if the request involves his client, but he doesn’t believe investigators have enough evidence to charge him in connection with the girl’s disappearance.

“No, I don’t,” he said when asked. “But of course, it’s a decision that the prosecutor’s office will ultimately determine.”

Lane told police he was in his silver Mercury Marquis with his daughter in the backseat when he was carjacked in the area of East Grand Boulevard and Brush around 9:45 a.m. Dec. 2. Within 10 minutes, the empty car was found at Beaubien and Philadelphia, less than a mile away.

Lane described the carjacker as a black man, 6 feet tall, 185 pounds, wearing a black top and black pants, with a moustache and beard that resembled a 5 o'clock shadow, police said. He said another man he could not describe was also involved and driving a red car, according to police.

This morning, Johnson said Lane, unemployed and unable to publicly search for his daughter due to death threats, is dejected that she hasn’t been found.

“Right now, he’s just in a state of depression because his daughter is missing and he wants his daughter back with his family, where she belongs,” Johnson said.“

Johnson, though, declined to discuss when Lane last spoke to police or where he is staying.

“We hope the prose office will do a thorough investigation before they issue or deny a warrant,” Johnson said. “And, as always, we are willing to fully cooperate with the authorities.”

http://www.freep.com/article/2011121...text|FRONTPAGE

Cadaver dogs make positive hits in search for missing toddler Bianca Jones

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Action News has learned cadaver dogs picked up the scent of human remains in two locations during the investigation into the disappearance of two-year-old Bianca Jones.

Sources tell us a dog signaled there was human decomposition on or near Bianca's car seat found in the Mercury Marquis where the missing girl's father, D'Andre Lane, says she was last seen alive.

Lane claims he was carjacked at gunpoint on December 2 and that Bianca was in her car seat in the back of the vehicle when it was stolen. When the Marquis was found by police a short time later only a few blocks from the scene of the alleged crime, Bianca was nowhere to be found.

Cadaver dogs also indicated they picked up human remains last week during an FBI raid at Lane's home on Detroit's east side.

Lane was held by authorities for several days after the alleged carjacking and disappearance of his daughter, but he was set free and has maintained his innocence.

Bianca's mother says she has not given up hope her daughter will be found alive.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...r-bianca-jones

Last edited by rachy; 12-13-2011 at 10:35 AM.

For the first time, the mother and father of missing Detroit toddler Bianca Jones did a joint interview, choosing Charlie Langton’s morning show on Talk Radio 1270 for a wide ranging discussion of the case.

Looking somber, the former couple asked for the public’s help finding their daughter, whom they still believe to be alive. Bianca was last seen December 2 when her father Deandre Lane said he was carjacked with the 2-year-old in his car. The car was recovered a short time later, with the car seat inside, but no sign of Bianca.

“Our goal today is to find out exactly what happened,” Langton said.

Mother Banica Jones said “there’s no animosity or drama between us,” describing a warm relationship between herself and Bianca’s father Deandre Lane, adding they’ve known each other 20 years and share two children, including Bianca.

They said they were speaking to get out information about the missing toddler “as far and wide as possible” in the hopes someone will turn her in.

“She’ll tell you her name is Bacon, she’ll tell you she just had a birthday,” Jones said. “She’s very precocious … Just bring her back and everything will be OK, everything will be better. If you know anything at all, please call Detroit police.”

Langton asked about the warrant pending at the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office that reportedly names Lane as a suspect.

“I did not have anything to do with my daughter’ disappearance. I have cooperated with the police in every way,” Lane said, later adding: “Did I abuse my child? No. Did I cause my child any harm? No. That’s not me.”

Bianca’s mother said, “I trusted him with my daughter, I wouldn’t give my daughter wo anyone even slightly capable of hurting her…I don’t believe he hurt her.”

About Lane allegedly failing a polygraph test after Bianca’s disappearance, the mother said, “They are unreliable, they are inadmissable as evidence. I have never been given that information directly from law enforcement.”

What about the cadaver dogs reportedly hitting on the scent of human remains in her car seat?

“I do believe someone passed away in that home previously, it was a very old car seat, it had human stains on it, years and years of use from several children … And no one has turned up my daughter. I want my daughter home.”

Lane explained it like this: “When you make a broad statement like ‘detectives said remains…that could be a number of things. You’ve had pepople who previously lived there. I don’t kno whta theya ctually detected. People are taking those broad statements and running in every direction.”

Langton pressed Lane on what really happened at the scene, saying most people wouldn’t give up the car with a toddler inside without a fight.

“There is an investigation going on. I can’t speak of things that may impede the investating … People can say ‘I would do this, I would do that, until you’re in this situation you don’t know.”

Asked how he felt when the carjackers drove away, Lane said, “I’m not at liberty to discuss those things…There’s an ongoing investigation.”

The father added later he would not make any statements about what happened “that particular day.” When pressed to describe the suspects, Lane refused, saying anyone interested should ask police for information like that.

He did say police have a sketch of the suspects.

“Everything that I know, the police know,” Lane said. “I’m not here to comfort the masses. Everything I know, the police know.”

Describing a baby who loved to eat and danced around shouting “bacon” once when a bacon pizza arrived, Jones said if she could see her daughter again she would say to Bianca, “Are you hungry… Can I give you a kiss?”

Mother Banica Jones explained Bianca was staying with her father at that time because she had work to do and it was “better than day care.”

“It’s not a situation where I’m an estranged father and just popped up out of the blue,” Lane said, adding that he has seven children.

“I don’t understand why anybody would want to do anything like this,” Lane said, complaining about speculation that he was involved. “It’s one thing to have evidence, it’s another thing to have circumstantial evidence. If it’s not pertaining to my daughter coming home, it’s of no consequence to me.”

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.c...re-we-go-again

Bianca Jones' father sentenced to life in prison; insists she's still alive

1:23 PM, December 3, 2012

D’Andre Lane denied abusing and killing his two-year-old daughter, said there was no evidence of the charges and called the judge a liar after he was sentenced today to mandatory life in prison without parole in the child’s death.

Banika Jones, Bianca Jones' mother, also spoke, supporting Lane’s innocence.

She said authorities, “Gave us nothing. They cheated us. And never looked for my daughter.”

“They never gave us justice,”Jones said, before Lane’s sentencing in front Wayne County circuit court Judge Vonda Evans.

Lane, 33, was found guilty of murder and first-degree child abuse in October in connection with the disappearance of his daughter. Though she has never been found, authorities have said she is presumed dead.

Lane called 911 at 9:45 a.m. on Dec. 2, 2011 and told dispatchers that he was carjacked by two men in the area of East Grand Boulevard and Brush Street. He said the alleged assailants drove away with his daughter who was strapped in car seat in the backseat of the car.

The Mercury Grand Marquis Lane was driving was found just blocks away, with the engine running and the doors open. The car seat was still in the car, but Bianca was gone.

Prosecutors said Lane disciplined Bianca with a stick after having a bathroom accident the night before her disappearance. They said he wrapped her body in a blanket and strapped into the car seat the next morning, but dumped her body before reporting the abduction.

Lane has maintained his innocence.

don't piss off the judge!

What an asshole, two year olds have accidents all the time.

Is the mom defending him or is she just pissed because they stopped looking for her daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by missbad View Post
    Is the mom defending him or is she just pissed because they stopped looking for her daughter?
    I THINK that she is indeed still defending him. I THINK she thinks Bianca is still alive and the cops didn't work hard enough to find her. Not sure if it is denial or fear.

Quote Originally Posted by AZPistonsGirl View Post
    I THINK that she is indeed still defending him. I THINK she thinks Bianca is still alive and the cops didn't work hard enough to find her. Not sure if it is denial or fear.
    Thanks! That what it sounded like to me.

Thread Information