Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Katherine MacDougall (23) was strangled to death by her boyfriend

Re: Katherine MacDougall (23) was strangled to death by her boyfriend

[quote author=Katies Sister link=topic=5427.msg361075#msg361075 date=1179245251]
    Hello I was just told that my sister's death was on here. So I thought I would read it and I find it odd how much people can talk about what they dont know about.

To answer some of the confusion, she was not pregnant with twins that we know of. There was only one heartbeat at her docts appoitment, sex of the baby was unkown. Katie is in heaven now with her baby.

Although I will not know the real reason why Taylor did such a horrible thing, I can tell you having known him very well over the past two years that he was totally and 100% in love with my sister, He was a very sweet boyfriend and the two were very happy together. Taylor was looking forward to being a father. I spent all day superbowl sunday with him, he cooked me and Katie tons of yummy food, and we were laughing about maternity clothes and picking out names for the baby. He was thrilled, like a little kid about to get an ice cream cone or something, giddy and happy. That is how I will always remember him.

I spoke to my sister every single day, she is my best friend, please find comfort in the fact that she was a very happy and loving girl, her life was full of joy not suffering, that is how she should be remembered.

[/quote]

I am so sorry for your loss. Your sister seemed like a fun loving girl. If you don't mind me asking, what drugs was he on? I guess we are all just curious on what drives a person to do this if that had so much love for your sister.
    and she loves regardless of everything that has<br />stained her life. she loves with everything she has left.<br />and that&#039;s beautiful.

I hope my boyfriend never loves me that much&nbsp; :|

Sorry for your loss, RIP Katherine

&nbsp; Re: Katherine MacDougall (23) was strangled to death by her boyfriend
    « Reply #97 on: May 15, 2007, 07:29:17 am » Quote&nbsp;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am sorry for the loss of your sister. To be taken in the prime of her life while carrying another life is horrendous.

I am also troubled by your comments about her boyfriend. If he loved her he would not have strangled her. I hope you begin to feel the anger you should towards him only then will true healing begin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to your statement that you hope I begin to feel the anger I should towards Taylor only then will true healing begin.

I just want to let you know a couple of things... God teaches us that if we have hate in our hearts we are guilty of murder.

He said if you've ever had hate or malice in your heart, or hated someone else, you're guilty of breaking that commandment. You're guilty of murder. [See 1 John 3:15.]

So by your statement if I felt anger and hated Taylor I would be just as guilty as he is. Having feelings of anger or hate are never the way to heal, they only prolong the healing process.

The bible teaches us the best way to live is through forgiveness. God sent his son so that we ALL could be forgiven. That means me, you and even Taylor, we are all sinners but luckily through God's grace we can overcome our sin.&nbsp;

The righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
    --Romans 3:22-23

I find that the best peace through this horrible tragedy is to stay close to God's word because he is in control of everything. That being said I will forgive Taylor for what he has done. I don't excuse what he has done and I'm not crazy I realize that he did commit murder and should be punished for that.&nbsp; I will never hate&nbsp; him because if I do it would&nbsp; make me just as guilty as he is. And I will continue to forgive because that's what God wants us to do.

If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Matthew 6:14-15)

There should be no limit to our willingness to forgive others (Luke 17:3-4). We should have a forgiving spirit even if the offender does not repent and ask for forgiveness (Mark 11:25). We damage our relationship with God and harm ourselves if we stay angry or hold a grudge (Matthew 5:21-24).

Thank you to all who have said such wonderful words about my sister. She is truly a special girl and I miss her so much.

Katie's sister, I'm sorry for your loss.

I think part of what makes this so bizarre and scary (for me), is that it seemingly came out of nowhere.&nbsp; He seemed like a loving boyfriend.&nbsp; Maybe he was?&nbsp; But people rarely just &quot;snap&quot;.&nbsp; The rage it would take to do this must come from somewhere...was there no prior abuse?&nbsp; Drug use?&nbsp; Something that might explain what would make him do something so horrific?

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=blue moon link=topic=5427.msg373700#msg373700 date=1179867345]
    Katie's sister, I'm sorry for your loss.

I think part of what makes this so bizarre and scary (for me), is that it seemingly came out of nowhere.&nbsp; He seemed like a loving boyfriend.&nbsp; Maybe he was?&nbsp; But people rarely just &quot;snap&quot;.&nbsp; The rage it would take to do this must come from somewhere...was there no prior abuse?&nbsp; Drug use?&nbsp; Something that might explain what would make him do something so horrific?

[/quote]Satan?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Taylor Hurst was arraigned yesterday.&nbsp; He's currently being held in a mental hospital.&nbsp;

http://telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070522/NEWS/705220601/1008/NEWS02

The only explanation we have is that he had been on crack. I dont know much about the drug I am trying to educate myself on it, but I have read that it can make you go insane. Some people can have rage come out if they are in an altered state of mind. This obviously being an extreme case.&nbsp; There is absolutely no history of violence with him, I have spoken to his parents at length and they are just as perplexed.

I liked the Satan comment, he seems to have his hands in this, although it is not a victory for him. God is still in control, my Katie is home now in Heaven with him and she is happy, Im not happy but I trust God and his plans. Many people are coming to learn about God's grace through speaking to us which is fantastic!&nbsp;

Thread Information