Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: computer help

computer help

i got a new computer and i like to use firefox and add block plus downloaded both and add block plus doesnt work, im still seeing adds, i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it doesnt work, i liked the older version cause it worked, anyone can help id really appreciate it, and i have windows 7 now thanks

The way to get rid of the advertisements is to become a premium member. Plus you can see boobs in the premium section.

im seeing adds everywhere, i managed to fix it, i forgot about subscriptions or something. they were bad on facebook and other places i go to.

Did you add a subscription option when enabling Adblock plus? That step is easy to over look and it's not very effective without it.

Edit, Too late. Didn't read all of your second post.
    Last edited by HyperU2; 11-17-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Can anyone help me? how can I post a new threat?

Threats aren't nice. If you would like to post a thread, however, go to the appropriate category (NSFW, Off-Topic, etc.) and there is an option on the top of the page to start a new thread.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Go to Majorgeeks.com, the left section find 'anti spyware', find and install spyware blaster. Also install Spybot Search and Destroy. You can find that in either the anti-virus section, or the anti-spyware section.

nevermind. just realized I'm almost a year late with this.
    Last edited by snowfallsoon; 10-09-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mprentice View Post
    Can anyone help me? how can I post a new threat?
    I've changed your status to a "trusted member". You should be able to post without any issues.

I also removed all that "Trucking Service" garbage from your profile.

I'm getting a message I can't log in, something to do with editing other posts and ive no idea how this happened???

Help please.....

I'm getting a message I can't log in, something to do with editing other posts and ive no idea how this happened???

Help please.....

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitiveMe View Post

Help please.....
    If you are posting; you are logged in.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I'm gonna post in here because the thread title is 'Computer Help.' My questions doesn't have anything to do with MDS, but the letter I doesn't always show up while typing. I hit it, but it doesn't come up and I have to go back and hit it again. It just started doing this within the past couple of days.

Anyone know why this would happen?

I've been told that someone may have a key stroke thingy on my puter and that might be why. Is this true? How do I find out if there is a key stroke thing on my puter and how do I get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Have you tried a different keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
    Have you tried a different keyboard?
    This!

The "Y" on my keyboard at home stopped working a while ago. I'm too lazy to buy a new one so I've been using my iPad instead. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I'm gonna post in here because the thread title is 'Computer Help.' My questions doesn't have anything to do with MDS, but the letter I doesn't always show up while typing. I hit it, but it doesn't come up and I have to go back and hit it again. It just started doing this within the past couple of days.

Anyone know why this would happen?

I've been told that someone may have a key stroke thingy on my puter and that might be why. Is this true? How do I find out if there is a key stroke thing on my puter and how do I get rid of it?
    Are you friends with WTB on facebook? She's a computer whizz and I'm sure I've seen her explain to people how to check for key logger thingys and get rid of them.

I don't know if you've tried this already but do you have a can of air to spray under the keys? Sometimes something will get stuck under a key and make it so you have to press a few times. And make sure you reboot!

I guess her PC took the total dump.

It's my laptop, so I haven't used a different keyboard.

I am friends with WTBB on FB, I will have to try her after I try moosella's suggestion. I haven't tried the can of air thing.

Thanks guys!

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

What's a key stroke thingy? I've heard people talk about it before but still don't know what it is.

I am friends with WTBB on FB, I will have to try her after I try moosella's suggestion. I haven't tried the can of air thing.
    Thanks guys!
    WTB and WTBB = two different cats. WTB is Where's the Beef...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by missbad View Post
    What's a key stroke thingy? I've heard people talk about it before but still don't know what it is.
    It's where someone has a code on your computer and every thing you type is sent to them. Fraud people and crazy ex's like them.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    WTB and WTBB = two different cats. WTB is Where's the Beef...
    Didn't even realize there was only one 'B.' I don't know if I am friend's with WTB or not. I got an influx of requests and don't remember who everyone is IRL vs. MDS name.

It's where someone has a code on your computer and every thing you type is sent to them. Fraud people and crazy ex's like them.

Didn't even realize there was only one 'B.' I don't know if I am friend's with WTB or not. I got an influx of requests and don't remember who everyone is IRL vs. MDS name.
    She doesn't come around much any more which is why I assumed you probably aren't facebook friends. I can message her for you though. She's lovely and always very helpful

ETA: The name confusion thing was my fault. I was going to put her full mds username but then I confused myself over what it was and couldn't find a member list. I was going to PM you and then check facebook to see if you were friends but my take away arrived and I got distracted and forgot

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    She doesn't come around much any more which is why I assumed you probably aren't facebook friends. I can message her for you though. She's lovely and always very helpful

ETA: The name confusion thing was my fault. I was going to put her full mds username but then I confused myself over what it was and couldn't find a member list. I was going to PM you and then check facebook to see if you were friends but my take away arrived and I got distracted and forgot

It's all good! Thank you for your help!

Thanks guys!
    It's all good! Thank you for your help!

She's on my FB, I can reach out to her. You might just Google "Key Loggers" Also, AVG free is awesome and free. For non techies, another good free program to fix your PC is Advanced System Care. It fixes registry errors, looks for malware etc and generally fixes a bunch of crap. Between the two of those and spybot that someone else mentioned it should check out your machine. First thing I would do, to eliminate hardware, would be to plug in a USB keyboard and see if the problem replicates.

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
    She's on my FB, I can reach out to her. You might just Google "Key Loggers" Also, AVG free is awesome and free. For non techies, another good free program to fix your PC is Advanced System Care. It fixes registry errors, looks for malware etc and generally fixes a bunch of crap. Between the two of those and spybot that someone else mentioned it should check out your machine. First thing I would do, to eliminate hardware, would be to plug in a USB keyboard and see if the problem replicates.

I sprayed my keyboard with a can of air. It seems to be helping. I haven't noticed the "I" missing from anything since.

I do have Norton 360. Can I, or do I need AVG or Advanced System Care?

I don't have Norton on my desktop and only use AVG. It doesn't seem to have any problems.

I'm completely challenged when it comes to this stuff and appreciate everyone's help!

Thread Information