Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Woman Disfigured In Meth Explosion Can't Quit Her Habit, Arrested For Cooking Drug Again

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    In all fairness, since we have no state recovery program for drug addicts, are we just supposed to turn them out and then create an overwhelming force of homeless, desperate junkies? That doesn't sound like a great plan, either. "here, instead of giving you bare minimum to stay high and shut the fuck up, how about we essentially turn you into a zombie and set you loose on the public?"
    Legalize weed, use all the money saved on jailing non violent weed offenders, drug interdiction and use money made from taxing it to give real drug addicts (meth, coke, pills, heroin etc) rehabilitation. Treat the demand, not the supply.

Quitting meth was crazy hard, I'm one of the very few who made it without treatment, and then I was blessed with a job and a place to live in a new city.

Peter you are rare indeed!
    Even with treatment the statistics of recovery are low. Euphoric recall seems to takeover, time and time again. Out of my teen group in L.A that did heroin, there are only a few of us that are totally clean and sober today.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

I still don't understand why they can't figure out some way to make Ibogaine available to addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by irishkat View Post
    I still don't understand why they can't figure out some way to make Ibogaine available to addicts.
    I guess the underlying philosophy is that the heroin program in the UK has pretty much been a failure. People fuck the system. I dunno, I personally disagree with the notion that legalizing drugs will make everyone take them. Weed is legal here and I don't smoke or want to.

I want them all legalized it's gotta be cheaper than full prisons. Maybe a few less melted faces.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
    I want them all legalized it's gotta be cheaper than full prisons. Maybe a few less melted faces.
    Not to mention, I'd rather see prison overstocked with rapists than drug addicts.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Not to mention, I'd rather see prison overstocked with rapists than drug addicts.
    What a splendid idea, right?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Our prison budget alone would be cut by 25% if addicts weren't incarcerated.

That's over a half million people and about 15 billion dollars a year.

That doesn't even include probation or parole. Our numbers are astonishing.

That's just addicts right? Dealers would make 50% total? I do say lock up addicts that steal for the habit though. lol

Addicts and smaller time dealers. Large scale traffickers are incarcerated under the federal system. I think that number is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    Our prison budget alone would be cut by 25% if addicts weren't incarcerated.

That's over a half million people and about 15 billion dollars a year.

That doesn't even include probation or parole. Our numbers are astonishing.
    Just imagine how many Betty Ford Clinics we could fund with say a billion dollars.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Just imagine how many Betty Ford Clinics we could fund with say a billion dollars.
    Sadly, not as many as you would hope. Addiction treatment is expensive and most often ineffective. We need some kind of medicinal treatment to treat addicition. The brain's structure is changed when you use and very few can white-knuckle their way into staying sober, even will all of the threapy in the world. There has to be a more effective solution out there. I wonder how focused the pharma companies are on coming up with a solution. It seems like there would be a TON of money in that.

Quote Originally Posted by irishkat View Post
    Ibogaine can work for all types of drugs and now they say alcohol, too. I wish it was available in the U.S.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

We don't have to treat addiction if it's all legal. I mean yeah in some cases, like with alcohol. But minor offenders are treated like addicts now. We could lighten up.

It's just so sad, everyone has this conception that meth addicts are all white trash trailer people and you would be surprised the wide swath of people that get caught up. I used to roll the bowl with high school teachers, business owners etc.

As an aside, I'm surprised to read about the apparent resurgence of cooking in the states, I thought it had all gone to the super labs in Mexico and when I was last using over 6 years ago, getting the ingredients was getting real tough and I heard it only got tougher. The old formula back then wasn't as explosive, maybe it's changed again to something more volatile.

As far as her appearance? I bet she was way better looking before picture #1 when she first started getting arrested for dope.

You guys, some people are just never attractive.

You guys, some people are just never attractive.
    This is true. My BFF in middle school wasn't cute from childhood. She still isn't. Even after cosmetic surgery.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    This is true. My BFF in middle school wasn't cute from childhood. She still isn't. Even after cosmetic surgery.
    Yea, but that's worse than pre-explosion meth girl.

Damn, that's after surgery!?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Peavey, I am so sorry about this but

I have a couple of Jewish friends who look like this, actually. They're not going to win any pageants but they're beautiful people where it counts.

She's had a nose job and her chin implanted. There is no surgery I know of to make your eyes not touch, though.

Some interesting scary stories of true Ibogaine detox.

http://www.heroinhelper.com/sick/detox_nightmares_part_2.shtml

Since there are not any regulations in Mexico for it, it can be a very shady situation you find yourself in at the supposed, "treatment clinic".

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

I saw a great documentary on Netflix about Ibogaine. Some people it works immediately and other people seem to need to do it again. They were doing it in Canada for a minute. My SIL looked into it for one of her kids. Turns out the guy that did it ended up incarcerated for American marijuana crimes of some sort.

Her eyes are a little close together, but she's not so bad.

I guess the underlying philosophy is that the heroin program in the UK has pretty much been a failure. People fuck the system. I dunno, I personally disagree with the notion that legalizing drugs will make everyone take them. Weed is legal here and I don't smoke or want to.
    People are now more addicted to methadone than they were to heroine

Quote Originally Posted by FloobaToob View Post
    People are now more addicted to methadone than they were to heroine
    Do they use Ibogaine?

Thread Information