Thread: Team-roper Broc Cresta (25) found dead

Team-roper Broc Cresta (25) found dead

CHEYENNE, Wyo. -- Broc Cresta, a team roper who competed in the National Finals Rodeo the last two years, was found dead Saturday in his living quarters trailer at the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo, the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association said. He was 25.

The PRCA said the cause of death wasn't known.

Cresta, from Petaluma, Calif., was the 2007 PRCA Rookie Heeler of the Year. He teamed with header Turtle Powell in the 2010 NFR and with Spencer Mitchell last year. Cresta also teamed with Logan Olson to win the Cheyenne title in 2009.

"The whole rodeo world is in shock," PRCA communications director Kendra Santos said. "My phone's been ringing off the wall all day with calls from Hall of Famers on down to little kids. Broc's a fourth-generation cowboy in California, and everybody loves him. It's hard enough to lose a good cowboy when he's 90, but losing such a talented and genuinely good person at 25 is just about impossible. Our hearts are with Broc's family and friends. The entire rodeo family hurts right now."
    Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/28/467...#storylink=cpy
    https://www.facebook.com/RestInPeaceBrocCresta19872012

From the memorial fb page:
    Dawn Harris Forsgren I understand it was carbon monoxide poisoning ...really sad! Been praying for his family and girlfriend, Brittany Pozzi.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Didn't it say his gf stayed the night with him? Why didn't she die too

This was posted today by whomever is keeping the memorial page:

Rest In Peace Broc Cresta 1987-2012 Unknown causes. He fell asleep and never woke up.
    7 hours ago ? Like
    So apparently people are just making guesses at this point.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Roper died from alcohol, pain pills

Broc Cresta's death at CFD was ruled accidental

By Kelsey Bray
    kbray@wyomingnews.com

CHEYENNE -- A rodeo competitor whose body was found during Cheyenne Frontier Days died from a lethal combination of alcohol and pain pills.

According to an autopsy report, the cause of team roping heeler Broc Cresta’s death was central nervous system suppression from oxycodone and ethanol intoxication.

His death was ruled accidental, said Laramie County Coroner Marty Luna.

“My brother’s death was a tragic accident,” Broc’s brother, Brent, said in a statement Monday. “Broc took his own prescription pain medication and combined it with alcohol and a climate he wasn’t used to n it caused the perfect storm. He went to sleep and never woke up.”

Broc Cresta, 25, was found dead July 28 in his travel trailer at Frontier Park.

His roping partner, Spencer Mitchell, previously said Cresta was found by his girlfriend around 11 a.m.

Cresta was the 14th-ranked team roping heeler in the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. He had roped professionally since 2007, with a little more than $350,000 in

career earnings.

In 2008, he won the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo team roping title with Logan Olson.

“The world of professional rodeo lost a talented young cowboy and a fine young man the day Broc Cresta died,” PRCA commissioner Karl Stressman said in a statement Monday. “He left an impressive mark in his quarter century on this Earth, and he will not be forgotten.”

Cheyenne Frontier Days representatives had no comment about the autopsy results.

Because Cresta’s death was accidental, the Cheyenne Police Department will not pursue charges, said spokesman Sgt. Rob Dafoe.

http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/...p_09-18-12.txt

A bit of a debate going on in the messages below story

Thread Information