Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jennifer Candari (24) was killed instantly by a driver on the wrong side of the

Re: Jennifer Candari (24) was killed instantly by a driver on the wrong side of the

I have traveled this highway many times.  It is basically used as a short cut between the california central valley into the san francisco bay area.  This is a two lane road with a lot of commuters and can be slow going if a big rig or some other slow moving vehicle is present.  This stretch of highway 12 where she died is called Blood Alley and has a lot of tragic deaths through out the year.  Wish something could be done to stop all the dying on this road way but cal trans says because of the marsh lands surrounding it there is no way to fix it.  This is so sad but will happen again real soon.  rip jennifer

Re: Jennifer Candari (24) was killed instantly by a driver on the wrong side of

[quote author=BlindRhino link=topic=5350.msg215234#msg215234 date=1173183789]
    It's sad that none of her friends have even posted comments yet.
    [/quote]

I haven't rechecked her profile since posting the death, but maybe she has the comments set to be "screened" before they're posted.

There are RIP comments on her profile now.

Re: Jennifer Candari (24) was killed instantly by a driver on the wrong side of the

I didn't mean she's old, I'm 23 myself. Just that she wasn't a 14 year old or something. In that age bracket myspace is a much bigger deal. At least in my experience.
    Choices are for one and all; all we are are leaves that fall. That's all.

[quote author=ajattsgirl link=topic=5350.msg216626#msg216626 date=1173225280]
    I have traveled this highway many times.  It is basically used as a short cut between the california central valley into the san francisco bay area.  This is a two lane road with a lot of commuters and can be slow going if a big rig or some other slow moving vehicle is present.  This stretch of highway 12 where she died is called Blood Alley and has a lot of tragic deaths through out the year.  Wish something could be done to stop all the dying on this road way but cal trans says because of the marsh lands surrounding it there is no way to fix it.  This is so sad but will happen again real soon.  rip jennifer
    [/quote]

you were right:
    http://www.nbc11.com/news/11186249/detail.html

Woman Dead After 150 Gallons Of Fuel Spill Across Hwy. 12

A Tuesday morning crash in unincorporated Solano County just west of Rio Vista claimed the life of one person, the California Highway Patrol reported.

The 9:47 a.m. crash closed state Highway 12 in both directions and spilled 150 gallons of diesel fuel across the roadway, CHP officials said.

Crews worked for several hours to clean the spill, and the CHP re-opened the highway at 1:52 p.m.

Two vehicles, an 18-wheeler tanker and a minivan, were involved in the crash on Highway 12 at Azevedo Road. An occupant of the minivan was ejected onto the roadway and died, according to the CHP.

CHP officials issued at Sig-alert at 9:56 a.m.

This is the same area where two cars collided Monday, killing Jennifer Candari, of Vallejo.

Ugh.
    Choices are for one and all; all we are are leaves that fall. That's all.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=5350.msg216895#msg216895 date=1173233232]
    I haven't rechecked her profile since posting the death, but maybe she has the comments set to be "screened" before they're posted.
    [/quote]

good point. I hadn't thought of that.
    You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not <br />the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists.&quot; Abbie Hoffman

I hate to be right about things like this but it did happen again.

CBS13) LODI For the fourth time in less than two weeks, people were killed in an accident on Highway 12 near Lodi Saturday. The accident happened about three miles west of Tower Park Marina.

The CHP says one car drifted into oncoming traffic after 9 p.m. Saturday night. Two people died while three adults and a toddler are still being treated at the UC Davis Med Center.

Officials say alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.

Thread Information