Thread: Kollin Elderts (27) was shot by a US Federal Agent at a Waikiki McDonald's

Kollin Elderts (27) was shot by a US Federal Agent at a Waikiki McDonald's

A US federal agent charged with killing a man inside a McDonald's restaurant in Waikiki was in Hawaii to help with security at this week's Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, officials say.

State Department special agent Christopher Deedy, 27, is charged with second-degree murder and using a firearm in the commission of a felony.

Deedy, who was released Monday after posting $US250,000 bail, is accused of fatally shooting 23-year-old Kollin Elderts during a confrontation early on Saturday at a McDonald's in the famous tourist Waikiki district.

State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland confirmed that Deedy was in Honolulu to beef up security ahead of the APEC conference, which begins on Tuesday. The agent has been put on paid administrative leave.

"This was a tragic incident in Hawaii over the weekend," Nuland told reporters on Monday. She said she couldn't comment on the ongoing investigation, but said the State Department was cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Deedy was assigned to "support protection of dignitaries" at the meeting, Nuland said.

President Barack Obama and leaders of 21-member economies from the Asia-Pacific region are scheduled to attend the summit, which is being hosted by the US for the first time since 1993.

Honolulu police are still investigating what led to the shooting, but a few details began to emerge Monday.

Michael Green, a lawyer for Elderts' family, said Elderts and Deedy didn't know each other and that Elderts was unarmed.

Green said Elderts was at a Waikiki club before ending up at the McDonald's on Kuhio Avenue.

The conference is hosted by a different member nation or economy each year. Last year, it was in Yokohama, Japan.

The White House has said Obama chose his birthplace of Honolulu for the meeting to highlight America's position as a Pacific nation. The last time the summit was in the US was when President Bill Clinton was in office. That gathering took place on Blake Island near Seattle.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2011...iki_McDonald_s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

ATTENTION:

This article is not set to publish until Nov 08, 2011 @ 3:44 PM PST.
    You have been given special access because of your PREMIUM status.

Way to go beli.

Thanks for starting the thread, though. I was just going to do that. Dying to know what happened here.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Christopher Deedy -

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    ATTENTION:

This article is not set to publish until Nov 08, 2011 @ 3:44 PM PST.
    You have been given special access because of your PREMIUM status.

Way to go beli.

Thanks for starting the thread, though. I was just going to do that. Dying to know what happened here.
    olivia said i could start threads as long as i don't share facebooks

Kollin?

olivia said i could start threads as long as i don't share facebooks
    Change of rules, I guess. Mike used to say don't post the article. You can start the thread. I never said you can't start the thread. It's the original article we weren't supposed to post.
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

reading different articles, it seems like they were both at the same club and ended up at the mcdonalds and had a confrontation.

here's one - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058486/Federal-agent-charged-murder-McDonalds-Hawaii.html

s
    ome of the comments here say both were wasted, and i think there was a surveillance tape somewhere -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1079532.html

Lotsa updates for this one ...

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=218433001

Security guard: Deedy did not appear drunk

(Aug. 5, 2013) A McDonald's security guard returned to the witness stand this morning and testified that State Department special agent Christopher Deedy did not appear to be drunk and Kollin Elderts appeared to be under the influence of alcohol.

Rosalinda Soriano, however, also testified she did not see Deedy pull out his identification or show anyone his badge.

Soriano, 55, testified as a witness for the defense as the fifth week of Deedy's murder trial opened on a charge of murdering Elderts the early morning of Nov. 5, 2011, at the McDonald's Kuhio Avenue restaurant.

Deedy, 29, who was here to provide security for the Asia-Pacific Economic Conference, is accused of instigating a confrontation with Elderts and fatally shooting the 23-year-old Kailua man in the chest.

Deedy's defense is he tried to defuse a potentially dangerous situation that started when Elderts harassed a customer and the agent had to shoot Elderts in self-defense during a struggle

Soriano testified Thursday that Elderts bullied the customer before Deedy walked to Elderts' table.

Soriano testified today that Deedy did not start the "rumble." She said it was started by Elderts and his friend, Shane Medeiros.

But the security guard under questioning by the prosecution also said she did not see Deedy kick Elderts.

The trial is now in its 17th day and is expected to continue into next week.

http://www.khon2.com/2013/08/01/frie...adly-shooting/

Friend told special agent 'Let's just go' moments before the deadly shooting

(August 1, 2013) Christopher Deedy's friend Jessica West was on the witness stand once again Thursday, being questioned about the events of that night in November 2011.

West, Deedy, and his friend Adam Gutowski got into an argument with Shane Medeiros and Kollin Elderts, who was shot and killed that night in a Waikiki McDonald's.

"My recollection is very sharp of what happened that evening. And it's a fluid motion, it's not frame by frame. So I can't tell you if this is why I'm telling Chris to go, based on the single frame," West said.

Prosecution and defense attorneys take the surveillance video from McDonald?s frame-by-frame and the prosecutor repeated her question, what West was doing at a particular time.

"Again, it was either here or a few frames ahead where I'm saying, 'Let's just go' because of things I had heard coming from Mr. Elderts," West said.

"And what were those things that you heard coming from Mr. Elderts?" prosecutor Janice Futa said.

"He was again being very aggressive, ready to fight. At one point, he said something about a gun and that?s what made me panicked and scared and just want to leave the restaurant," West said.

Earlier in the day, forensic pathologist Dr. Jonathan Arden took the stand. He disagreed with some of the findings of the autopsy done by Dr. Kanthi De Alwis.

Trial resumes on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Here's one more ... they're on day 17 of the trial, so I can't post it ALL

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...y-murder-trial

Day 12: Shane Medeiros testifies in Deedy murder trial

(July 25/26, 2013) HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - "He was in a great mood, we both were ... everybody was."

That is how a key witness for the prosecution, Shane Medeiros, described the moments before Kollin Elderts was shot in a Waikiki McDonalds in November 2011.

Medeiros said that he and Elderts were partying hours before they decided to go to McDonalds, and when they got there, he says Elderts was making everybody laugh.

"He had cashiers laughing ... He was laughing, dancing around," Medeiros testified.

Medeiros says Elderts didn't harass customer Michael Perrine at the food counter, despite many accounts of their exchange becoming racially charged.

"Perrine says 'I live in Hawaii too.' Kollin says 'That's cool.' He made it clear that he was joking. He made it clear," Medeiros said.

Medeiros said that's when Christopher Deedy approached Elderts while Medeiros tried to convince Deedy that they didn't mean any trouble.

"I tried to explain to him that we were just joking around. Deedy said, 'Acting like this will get you shot.' He said it multiple times."

Medeiros says Elderts never threatened Deedy. Instead, he says Deedy kicked Elderts and Elderts reacted by slapping Deedy in the face.

Elderts was fatally shot in the chest during the scuffle.

Deedy is a federal agent charged with murder. He claims he shot Elderts in self defense.

The prosecutor claims Deedy was drunk and instigated the confrontation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/sup...r-deedy-trial/

Update Christopher Deedy has been denied an appeal

HONOLULU (KHON2) — The U.S. Supreme Court will not hear a motion tied to the trial of federal agent Christopher Deedy.

Deedy shot and killed Kollin Elderts inside a Waikiki McDonalds in 2011. The two had gotten into a fight and Deedy said he shot Elderts in self-defense.

Deedy’s first trial ended in a mistrial. The second time around, he was found not guilty of murder. But jurors could not agree on the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Prosecutors have been pushing for a third trial, but Deedy’s attorneys say that violates the double jeopardy clause.

Prosecutors called the Supreme Court decision on Thursday, June 25, regrettable, and said it puts an end to their efforts to pursue manslaughter charges.

They said they would continue to pursue a charge of first-degree assault for Deedy.

KHON2 reached out to Deedy’s attorney for comment as well.
    https://www.khon2.com/news/always-in...sault-charges/

HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Prosecutor’s Office says it still wants to try Christopher Deedy over the killing of Kollin Elderts, but will ask an appeals court to let them go beyond assault charges.

The 9th circuit court of appeals ruled that Deedy can be tried a third time but not on murder and manslaughter charges just for assault.

The prosecutor’s office tells always investigating on Friday they will request a full nine-judge review from the appeals court saying the three-judge panels ruling limits their ability to hold Deedy responsible to the degree the law permits for killing Kollin Elderts.

Deedy’s attorney told us Thursday the defense will press to prevent

a third trial.

Thread Information