Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry Thompson released dozens of exotic animals from the Muskingum County Animal Farm before committing suicide

I haven't read all of this, but I have to say this is in no way like a "canned animal hunt." I hate it that they are shooting to kill, too, but this is an emergency situation, not a time when you can let them run while you try to round up the equipment and people to tranquilize dozens of wild animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    I haven't read all of this, but I have to say this is in no way like a "canned animal hunt." I hate it that they are shooting to kill, too, but this is an emergency situation, not a time when you can let them run while you try to round up the equipment and people to tranquilize dozens of wild animals.
    Yeah. It's not like you can confine them while you send to the nearest large zoos for tranqs and the like. But I don't see any other realistic choice, at least not for the big cats and bears.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Jack Hanna was on the news saying the cops did what they had to do. I was surprised the comment came from him. He even said something about PETA getting all pissed at him for supporting the cops. The pics just make me sick. I hate to see injured or dead animals. I can't even watch the Humane Society commercials. I have to flick the channel. Sick, injured, and dead animals affect me more than humans. I'm just wired that way.

I hate to be another bearer of bad pictures but here's another. =( The general feeling in my and the surrounding areas is that this is a very unfortunate. My anger lies mostly with Terry Thompson because he pretty much let the animals out for slaughter. Why couldn't he have asked someone else to take over the care or offered them to zoos and then taken his life??? I know that sounds mean of me but come on now!

(Am going back to read the rest of the replies. Haven't gotten the chance yet)

All those tigers. Fuck. I don't know why the guy couldn't just leave them in their cages before he died! I guess he just wanted them to have a moment of freedom or whatever. Stupid shit.

The kittehs!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

omg are those teddy bears

That looks like they raided the farm and just started blasting babies.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    The kittehs!!

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    omg are those teddy bears

Your kittehs and teddy bears can be vicious beasts!

But I agree with Bowie, shooting the tigers was fucked. Let them cruise around for the night if you cannot tranquilize them in the dark, then get them in the morning.

gah this thread is traumatizing. I can barely look

The pictures though look like they were all in one place and i see a lot of nothingness. Couldn't they have just set up a perimeter and killed any of the ones that tried to get by it?

Poor babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    The pictures though look like they were all in one place and i see a lot of nothingness. Couldn't they have just set up a perimeter and killed any of the ones that tried to get by it?
    Where is the fun in that????

People in Alaska don't kill the wild animals..

I mean i understand the danger involved and i was gonna side with the police until i saw that picture. Just looked they were all scared and hoarding up together in an area and then dumped on.

People in Alaska don't kill the wild animals..
    Did you see the video on the news of the baby bear in Alaska who got away from his mama and was in the produce isle of the grocery store munching?
    It was adorable
    Thank jeebus no one shot him

I mean i understand the danger involved and i was gonna side with the police until i saw that picture. Just looked they were all scared and hoarding up together in an area and then dumped on.
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Did you see the video on the news of the baby bear in Alaska who got away from his mama and was in the produce isle of the grocery store munching?
    It was adorable
    Thank jeebus no one shot him
    So cute:

I'd like to think that this is where they are bringing the animals that were shot in other locations. So they have an inventory almost. Not that they were all just gathering and were shot.

To be fair, there is a world of difference between a "wild" animal and one that's been raised in captivity. Wild usually fears and avoids people. These animals would have considered people a source of food. They would probably not have ran away, but rather headed toward people. They might well not have had one clue how to feed themselves other than heading after the nearest person. They weren't tame, in the friendly, cuddly sense, but they weren't conditioned to keep their distance either.

Also. I doubt if they just mowed all those animals down where they lay now.

I suspect they just hauled the carcasses back to the "sanctuary" as it's a convenient place to keep them until they figure out how to dispose of them. Gonna need a backhoe to bury them... and you don't want them laying there in the middle of the road.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I'd like to think that this is where they are bringing the animals that were shot in other locations. So they have an inventory almost. Not that they were all just gathering and were shot.

I don't know. There was like an hour of daylight left right? No way could they kill all those animals in different locations and then secure the area and then move them all in that short of a time frame. It is still light in that picture. Unless that was taken the next morning i suppose. But it seems to me even if they moved them there, they were all pretty much in one central location.

Also, there was a lion that escaped in 06 so this didn't come out of the blue. So the police weren't really prepared at all, despite the fact that a fucking LION got loose before.

I feel like they went with easiest option, not the smart one. I mean, they were basically encouraging civilians to bag them.

Either they were moved or were all killed in neat rows.

That was not a monkey. That was a orangutan. Which is like saying 'well, shoot that goldfish, people have been attacked by sharks before!'
    Travis was a chimpanzee. And monkeys can be very aggressive.

Ron, I know you don't know what nature is like, but most of the time, unless you are in their territory, wild animals don't stroll down suburban streets looking to maul people. Probably your morsel-sized toddler shouldn't be meandering deep into the woods.

This reminds me of the world's most depressing comic book, Pride of Baghdad. It made me cry. Based on a true story.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_of_Baghdad
    I seriously do not know where you are getting this. Animals like this kept as "pets" attack their owners, their caretakers, the little neighbor boy who wants an awesome picture with the cute lion for show and tell and have even been known to grab and drag people under their fences and maul them to death. These animals are not likely to run from people, more likely to run to people in my opinion. I hate it that animals are being killed, too, but I don't want to run into any of those fuckers in my driveway.

Also, that area doesn't look incredibly populated.. maybe moderately populated.
    I live in a lightly populated area. I still do not want to be eaten by a bear or a tiger.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I'm not arguing that Terry was a genius for having these as 'pets' or that you should run up to hug a lion. I think there are humane ways to deal with this situation, and getting all pumped to call a big shootin' spree isn't one of them. Personally, I'm a lot more frightened of being shot by some hyped-up retard than being mauled by a mountain lion.

Thread Information