Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry Thompson released dozens of exotic animals from the Muskingum County Animal Farm before committing suicide

As of now, only the monkey is missing. All tigers and lions were killed. the remaning left alive:

Another grizzly bear, three leopards and two monkeys had been captured and taken to a zoo, Lutz said.
    As per http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/19/us/ohi...html?hpt=us_c1

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Unless they shot them all in different areas and then brought the bodies back to the farm, it looks like they were hunted in basically one area. Seemingly.

Also, if there is a news report that there are randomly rare animals loose in the city, I would say going for your morning jog or taking the baby for a walk should wait just a bit. I mean fuck, it doesn't happen often, STAY INDOORS.
    So if someone just woke up and went out without watching the news, I guess they deserve to be eaten by a tiger.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Ron, I know you don't know what nature is like, but most of the time, unless you are in their territory, wild animals don't stroll down suburban streets looking to maul people. Probably your morsel-sized toddler shouldn't be meandering deep into the woods.

This reminds me of the world's most depressing comic book, Pride of Baghdad. It made me cry. Based on a true story.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_of_Baghdad

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    So if someone just woke up and went out without watching the news, I guess they deserve to be eaten by a tiger.
    Tiger didn't know you were going to wake up.

People and fear work faster than magic more often than not. I doubt everyone needed to even listen to the news to find out what was happening.

I dunno. I thik it's all sad and I feel rezaly bad for the animals because what that guy did is really messed up but I agree with Ron on this.

I say this because we get alot of cougars around here and I live in the middle of town with freeways and stuff. About a month or so ago there was a cougar in a lady's back yard not even a few blocks from the school.

The game warden put it down, they usually do.

ETA: I should have also said that I think it's odd to me to put a monkey down compared to a giant mountain lion or a tiger or a bear.

No way. I'm not fucking with you, or trolling, but seriously? Saddest ever!?!? Have you seen some of the horrible shit here.
    I know I am an empty void of feelings when it comes to animals, but a bunch of wild animals being shot is the saddest thing ever!?!?! Aren't you pregnant!?!?! Don't you have all kinds of hormonal baby issues and shit right now?!?! Are you giving birth to a tiger!?

Why do I click on these threads? Haha.
    Yes. People are assholes though. I generally have more empathy for children and animals than I do for adults - I am a bleeding heart for creatures or people that can't help themselves.

I probably am more hormonal but those photos are heartbreaking to me. It's not so much that it's just 'animals' getting shot but the type of animals. Tigers are endangered species.

Over the last 100 years, hunting and forest destruction have reduced tiger populations from hundreds of thousands of animals to perhaps fewer than 2,500.

The closeups made me disgusted/sad/pissed all at once. Luckily, my 2 daughters weren't around.I was surprised they "went there" w/out giving viewers a heads up before airing the graphic material!

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

Ron, I know you don't know what nature is like, but most of the time, unless you are in their territory, wild animals don't stroll down suburban streets looking to maul people. Probably your morsel-sized toddler shouldn't be meandering deep into the woods.
    But I thought the problem here was that wild animals were released in a populated area!

Tiger didn't know you were going to wake up.

People and fear work faster than magic more often than not. I doubt everyone needed to even listen to the news to find out what was happening.
    You never just wake up and leave? You always talk to your neighbors?
    I dunno, I just feel like wiping them all out to make sure not eve ONE person is hurt or killed is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I dunno. I thik it's all sad and I feel rezaly bad for the animals because what that guy did is really messed up but I agree with Ron on this.

I say this because we get alot of cougars around here and I live in the middle of town with freeways and stuff. About a month or so ago there was a cougar in a lady's back yard not even a few blocks from the school.

The game warden put it down, they usually do.
    Yea, not the saddest thing ever by a long shot.

And. My first reaction when I read this thread was WTF did they shoot the animals? Why not tranq them? But I can see why everything played out like it did. The cops had a duty of care to their people. I am not saying that what they did was wrong and that’s why it’s sad, just that the loss of these animals is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Yes. People are assholes though. I generally have more empathy for children and animals than I do for adults - I am a bleeding heart for creatures or people that can't help themselves.

I probably am more hormonal but those photos are heartbreaking to me. It's not so much that it's just 'animals' getting shot but the type of animals. Tigers are endangered species.
    Yea, I see a lot of people are like that. I feel bad for adults/children more than babies...cause babies don't really know what's happening. Animals are way last on my sympathy list, so stories like this are meh. I mean bullfighting and dogfighting barely get to me, so wild animals being put down to protect the public is more awesome than sad.

And I know I yell about people a lot, but I cannot use the 'people are assholes' thing when we're comparing them to animals. You're a person, Liv. Don't you want another person to put you first? Before a tiger.....

But I thought the problem here was that wild animals were released in a populated area!

You never just wake up and leave? You always talk to your neighbors?
    Fuck no, I am talking about all the people that will call you at 3am to tell you there is some shit going down and where the fuck are you?

Also, that area doesn't look incredibly populated.. maybe moderately populated.

Yea, I see a lot of people are like that. I feel bad for adults/children more than babies...cause babies don't really know what's happening. Animals are way last on my sympathy list, so stories like this are meh. I mean bullfighting and dogfighting barely get to me, so wild animals being put down to protect the public is more awesome than sad.

And I know I yell about people a lot, but I cannot use the 'people are assholes' thing when we're comparing them to animals. You're a person, Liv. Don't you want another person to put you first? Before a tiger.....
    Depends on who it is.

Read above though! I am not arguing that the cops did the right thing by putting people first. Just that this whole clusterfuck didn't really need to happen. Terry Thompson is the asshole of the day.

Fuck no, I am talking about all the people that will call you at 3am to tell you there is some shit going down and where the fuck are you?

Also, that area doesn't look incredibly populated.. maybe moderately populated.
    You're from L.A., I thought the rest of the USA just looks like that.

Depends on who it is.

Read above though! I am not arguing that the cops did the right thing by putting people first. Just that this whole clusterfuck didn't really need to happen. Terry Thompson is the asshole of the day.
    Nah, I got you. Just the 'saddest thread ever' really struck a chord with me. You've been here awhile, so that is saying a lot. Kids being starved to death, families being burned in house fires!?!?

I don't agree with feeling bad about a story like this, I admit that...but I can still understand that it may bother some people. but the saddest thing ever!?!?!?

You're from L.A., I thought the rest of the USA just looks like that.

Nah, I got you. Just the 'saddest thread ever' really struck a chord with me. You've been here awhile, so that is saying a lot. Kids being starved to death, families being burned in house fires!?!?

I don't agree with feeling bad about a story like this, I admit that...but I can still understand that it may bother some people. but the saddest thing ever!?!?!?
    How about the saddest thing that I can recall reading about recently? Give me a break - I've been a human incubator for 7 months and my brain is fried.

How about the saddest thing that I can recall reading about recently? Give me a break - I've been a human incubator for 7 months and my brain is fried.

I have heard that happens..

A bit more from LA Times:

Ohio is one of 10 states that have no regulations about the keeping of wild animals and no restrictions on who can run a sanctuary program, Brink said. The operator at Zanesville was notorious in the animal sanctuary movement for mistreating animals, she said.
    "This is an example of how the system has failed and threatens the safety of nearby residents," Brink said.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...o-animals.html

I bet they were getting offers like this before we were bitching about it.

[QUOTE=bowieluva;3135534 I see no difference between this and a canned animal hunt (an illegal practice where exotic foreign animals are brought into the states and released so rich old fucks can enjoy the thrill kill).[/QUOTE]
    Just an FYI Bowie...

Canned hunting has been banned or restricted in 20 states, including Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.[citation needed]

That means it's still legal in most of the US. There's a day brightener for you.

I am sick about this. I understand why they killed them. I wish they'd felt like they had a choice, but I understand why they did it.

And Ron. Don't worry. If this happens in NYC, your mom will call you before you wander out and get eaten... Promise. Hell, Ange might even give you a heads up.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Just an FYI Bowie...

Canned hunting has been banned or restricted in 20 states, including Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.[citation needed]

That means it's still legal in most of the US. There's a day brightener for you.

I am sick about this. I understand why they killed them. I wish they'd felt like they had a choice, but I understand why they did it.

And Ron. Don't worry. If this happens in NYC, your mom will call you before you wander out and get eaten... Promise. Hell, Ange might even give you a heads up.
    That is really shocking and horrifying. If anyone is wondering why:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canned_hunt

It's incredibly fucking disgusting.

With the trigger happy NYPD!?!?
    I'd be more worried about getting shot than the lions and tigers. These guys are terrible shots!

That is really shocking and horrifying. If anyone is wondering why:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canned_hunt

It's incredibly fucking disgusting.
    Yes it is. I grew up with hunters and hunting and I can accept that sometimes Bambi's gotta go. But there is no reason for a canned hunt, and certainly nothing sporting about it. It's just horrible.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Yes it is. I grew up with hunters and hunting and I can accept that sometimes Bambi's gotta go. But there is no reason for a canned hunt, and certainly nothing sporting about it. It's just horrible.
    Yes, I would never hunt but I get the whole overpopulation of deer thing, but to import a rhino, drug it, and then shoot it like you're a fucking hero....I think they should be subjected to the same thing. dropped off naked in the african wilderness. Good luck!

Hopefully the cops also blasted all the small household cats.

Freakin' hate cats!

Yes, I would never hunt but I get the whole overpopulation of deer thing, but to import a rhino, drug it, and then shoot it like you're a fucking hero....I think they should be subjected to the same thing. dropped off naked in the african wilderness. Good luck!

ETA: Or Washington Heights. Save money on airfare.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Hopefully the cops also blasted all the small household cats.

Freakin' hate cats!

I actually hate mine at the moment. Bitch just knocked over something imma have to pay for.

I actually hate mine at the moment. Bitch just knocked over something imma have to pay for.
    Until she comes over and purrrrs in your face while sending you kitty kisses.

Thread Information