Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jahessye Shockley (5) missing since 11 October 2011

This is so sad. Hugs to your friends Bella!

Horribly sad. Ugh. If what the sister is saying is correct the poor baby was tortured to death. I will never understand people who can do this sort of thing. I understand that in a moment of anger you can injure your child. It wrong but I can see how it happens. But this? Disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Valley church raises money for Jhessye's mother

GLENDALE, AZ - A Valley church is raising money to get the mother of missing 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley released from jail.

The Christian Fellowship Church claims to have raised $3,000 of the $10,000 needed for Jerice Hunter?s bond, 10 percent of the total bond of $100,000.

?Glendale is trying to save face before Thanksgiving,? said Reverend Dr. Jeffrey Metcalff. ?She will be exonerated of these charges.?

The reverend spoke outside the jail on Tuesday, joined by Hunter?s father. They both believe she is innocent.

Police have charged Hunter with child abuse in her daughter's case and admit they do not believe Jhessye will be found alive.

And while church members are standing by Hunter's side, some of her neighbors are taking a different side.

Once the details of Hunter?s arrest spread throughout her Glendale apartment complex, the feeling among neighbors switched from encouragement to anger.

?Heck yes I?m upset, I don?t even know what to say, I feel like she lied to all of us,? said Stormy Ray Benton, who helped organize many of the marches and searches for the missing 5-year-old.

A memorial filled with candles and letters near Jhessye?s home grew Tuesday night as people gathered and vowed to continue the search.

?I hope justice is served and I hope we find Jhessye,? said Benton. ?We will continue to look for her and if we unfortunately find her body, we want to make sure she gets a proper burial.?

In the hours after detectives searched Hunter?s home, neighbors told ABC15 electricity has been turned off to the apartment unit.

?I?m just sick about this, I?m so angry, I have no respect for her (Hunter) now, it just breaks my heart to think something bad could have happened to a small 5-year-old girl, it?s ridiculous,? said Benton.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...e's-mother

Thanks, guys. I'm hanging out with her right now. She's fb friends with her and was going to delete her. She looked at the fb page and said she can't see any pics on there now, and the woman hasn't been on in months.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    They might find her soon
    http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...trash-bin.html

Glendale police suspect a missing 5-year-old's body was placed in a Tempe trash receptacle in the days before she was reported missing.

Jhessye Shockley's mother reported her missing Oct. 11. A weeks long search for the girl was unsuccessful. On Wednesday, police called the case "an active homicide investigation" and said Jhessye's mother, Jerice Hunter, is the primary focus of the probe.

Police are now determining whether to search the Butterfield Landfill, where authorities say the Tempe trash would have been taken.

The landfill, which is about an hour south of the Valley, is the same spot Tempe police scoured more than 10 years ago hoping to find a missing Tempe woman. After a 59-day search, authorities were unable to recover Cookie Jacobson's remains.

Glendale police said they hope to search the landfill, but they are assessing the success of the complex task.

"We're researching the viability of the search and whether (we) can narrow it down enough to find Jhessye," said Tracey Breeden, a Glendale police spokeswoman.

Breeden said reliable leads, including at least one from Silent Witness, directed detectives to the landfill. The information came after police arrested Hunter on suspicion of child abuse last month, the spokeswoman said.

Hunter was later released after prosecutors said they did not want to create a situation of double jeopardy if authorities later decided to pursue a felony murder charge.

Scottsdale-based attorney Scott Maasen, who is representing Hunter, has said his client is innocent and that police should focus on finding Jhessye instead of on her mother.

He has said Hunter will not submit to a polygraph unless police release more information on the case.

Police on Wednesday confirmed that Hunter has not cooperated with efforts to schedule a polygraph exam.

Police continue to ask for help from the public. Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call 480-WITNESS. Callers can remain anonymous.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...#ixzz1hDB5WKvl
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

How naive is that church? Omfg (no pun intended).

Jhessye Shockley Evidence Could be Found at Landfill
    February 10, 2012 05:36 AM EST

The search for Jhessye Shockley isn't over, but detectives are reportedly "optimistic" about the case after making some interesting discoveries in the Butterfield Landfill. In fact, the items found are described as "very interesting" by Sgt. Brent Coombs. Could police be on a hot trail to the discovery of the missing five-year-old Glendale girl?

Read more: http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.a...81474981101189

Her mom has officially been charged with her murder. Still no body though.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ari...ry?id=17184228
    Lurker checking in.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Jhessye...210665931.html

Jhessye Shockley's mom in jailhouse letter: CPS is abusing my other 3 kids

(June 7, 2013) PHOENIX -- Jerice Hunter is being housed at the Estrella Women?s Jail in Phoenix, accused of killing her daughter, Jhessye Shockley, in 2011.

Now Hunter?s claiming Child Protective Services (CPS) is abusing her three other children.

Hunter's mother, Shirley Johnson, also blames the state for neglecting her granddaughter?s broken arm in 2012.

"They didn't even take the time to set her arm right, she has a deformity in her wrist," said Johnson.

A CPS spokesperson told Johnson via email the arm was broken on the playground.

An upset Hunter sent a three page letter from jail to Elder Kim Baker, a member of a local church in Peoria, with her concerns.

Baker read part of the letter to 3TV.

"On the flip side of page one, Jerice speaks and says, 'Speaking of juveniles, my children have been repeatedly abused in those foster homes. And they've been moved four times in last year. My youngest baby even has a broken arm,'" read Baker.

Baker is also worried about the care the children are receiving and said, "If her children are suffering abuse in any manner under CPS care and custody that is a grave injustice."

The children?s grandmother told 3TV some of the kids have infected feet, intestinal issues, and heart problems that aren't being taken care of.

Johnson said their living situation is so bad her 16-year-old granddaughter tried killing herself.

"She had two attempted suicides and was forced medicated and she's on heavy, heavy medication and she can't even think," said Johnson, who?s been denied custody of her grandchildren.

The grandmother said she took several parenting classes in hopes of getting custody of her grandchildren.

"I'm a professional. I work as a nurse and I do not have a criminal record. I don't know why they won't let these kids come," said Johnson, who lives in California.
    CPS spokesperson Nicole Moon sent us this statement when asked about the welfare of Hunter?s children:

"Unfortunately, per ARS ?8-807, the Department cannot provide case specific information unless the request involves a case of abuse or neglect that has resulted in a fatality or near fatality."

Here's a story from April about the maternal grandmother NOT getting custody of the other kids:
    http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...-siblings.html

And here's one from March about the family suing police/CPS:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ices-for-$10m/
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Trial is under way...can't seem to find a twitter or live feed? Dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Jerice Hunter found guilty of guilty of first-degree murder and child abuse.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...eId=1057949659
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

"...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Jerice Hunter sentenced to life in prison in Jhessye Shockley's murder

Jerice Hunter, the Glendale mother convicted of killing her 5-year-old daughter, Jhessye Shockley, has been sentenced to life in prison. The girl's body has never been found, but police believe her body was stuffed in a suitcase and left in a Tempe garbage bin.

The sentencing marks the conclusion of a case that began in October 2011, when Hunter told police that Shockley had disappeared from her Glendale apartment. She did not react when Judge Rosa Mroz read the sentence Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court.

During the trial, prosecutors had portrayed Hunter as a liar and manipulator who, after serving a prison sentence in California, used law enforcement to take Jhessye from loving relatives. They argued that Hunter never developed a maternal bond with the girl described by her teacher as "bubbly" and an "emerging leader."

While prosecutors Jeannette Gallagher and Blaine Gadow said it could not be determined how or when Hunter killed Jhessye, they told jurors she put the girl's body in a suitcase and then conned a neighbor into driving her to Tempe so she could sell items Hunter had claimed were inside.

The state won convictions of child abuse and first-degree murder against Hunter despite the lack of an eyewitness to Jhessye's killing or the discovery of the girl's body.

Prosecutors presented jurors with evidence that contradicted defense attorney Candice Shoemaker's portrayal of Hunter as a desperate mother whose years of incarceration while awaiting trial had prevented her from working on what was most important: finding Jhessye.

Hunter's daughter and Hunter's ex-lover testified about Hunter's corporal punishment of Jhessye. The daughter lashed out from the witness stand at the people she believed tore her family apart?police, prosecutors and a state agency that separated her from her siblings?but also described Jhessye being forced by Hunter to live in a closet.

The ex-lover told the court about hearing Hunter beat the child over spilled Play Doh.

The state appeared to be veering into minutiae when it painstakingly laid out Hunter's numerous excuses for Jhessye missing more than two weeks of kindergarten before the girl's disappearance. But those became key details when one of Hunter's relatives testified that Hunter had asked him to drive Jhessye to school on one of the days Hunter told school officials that the girl would be absent from school because of ringworm and pink eye.

Hunter's request became more significant when the relative told jurors that the girl he drove to school wasn't the one whose picture flashed across television screens as part of a missing-person search that went national.

The defense called just two witnesses and took just one day to present Hunter's case.

The first witness struggled to recall details and was seen as ineffective.

The second, a grandmother, presented herself as having a photographic memory. The woman described in detail having seen a girl she identified as Jhessye just hours before Hunter reported the girl missing.

The woman testified that she went outside her apartment, near 45th and Glendale avenues, to smoke a cigarette, saw Jhessye and tried to help her. But the girl was upset, had been crying and fled toward the intersection where the woman told jurors she saw her get into the passenger seat of a dark sedan that sped away, the witness said.

While the woman's testimony validated Hunter's story that she'd discovered Jhessye missing after returning from an errand on Oct. 11, 2011, it didn't contradict Jhessye's sister's statements about seeing Jhessye bruised, unable to walk and losing her hair while locked in her mother's closet.

Nor was the defense able to explain the large blood stain detectives discovered underneath the closet's carpet, a stain forensic examiners determined was likely Jhessye's blood.

The jury of seven men and five women reached the guilty verdicts in late April. Hunter has maintained her innocence since Glendale police identified her as a suspect about a month after Jhessye disappeared.

The jury also decided Hunter had committed fraud against the community when she pleaded for help in bringing her daughter home.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...rder/30305549/

Thread Information