Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jahessye Shockley (5) missing since 11 October 2011

Nancy Grace and People magazine don't solve crimes. They merely profit from the tragedy of others. I cant imagine if my child was missing giving a shit if people in Texas or New York or anywhere else knew. I cannot imagine even thinking of wasting time talking toNancy Grace or People magazine. The world knew about Caylee Anthony and she was found at the end of the block. How much good did media do for Kyron or baby Lisa or Madilyn (whatever) or anyone else? I get the white womans syndrome thing but it does nothing for them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    Nancy Grace and People magazine don't solve crimes. They merely profit from the tragedy of others. I cant imagine if my child was missing giving a shit if people in Texas or New York or anywhere else knew. I cannot imagine even thinking of wasting time talking toNancy Grace or People magazine. The world knew about Caylee Anthony and she was found at the end of the block. How much good did media do for Kyron or baby Lisa or Madilyn (whatever) or anyone else? I get the white womans syndrome thing but it does nothing for them anyway.
    I get what you're saying about the likelihood of it solving the crime, but if Sam were missing, I'd want the entire world to look (as unrealistic as that would be).

That way when they find the body in the local city park not only can you live the horror in real life but the whole world can watch your most tragic and devastating private moments on tv and you and your family can relive it a zillion times through the magic of tv and the internet. Then you can read 50 message boards where you are being picked apart for having purple hair and taking your kid to daycare while you teach our hope for tomorrow to be bleeding heart liberals and in your free time hang out with freaks on mydeathspace. All for the sake of making a buck for the media. The more I think about it the ignored minorities don't know how lucky they are.

That way when they find the body in the local city park not only can you live the horror in real life but the whole world can watch your most tragic and devastating private moments on tv and you and your family can relive it a zillion times through the magic of tv and the internet. Then you can read 50 message boards where you are being picked apart for having purple hair and taking your kid to daycare while you teach our hope for tomorrow to be bleeding heart liberals and in your free time hang out with freaks on mydeathspace. All for the sake of making a buck for the media. The more I think about it the ignored minorities don't know how lucky they are.
    My hair is pink

I think DS is onto something here. There are a few kids that media attention has helped... Shasta Groen(sp?) for one, but most of the time, the families just get eaten alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

You know how we make stuff up here. cheesy

This stuff has just recently occurred to me. It's like minorities are so focused on hollering about unfairness they aren't even thinking anymore. Holler about the unfairness that matters. This is like complaining that someone else is getting punched in the face more than they are

But shasta was found locally wasnt she?

But shasta was found locally wasnt she?
    Pretty much so, same county I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Pretty much so, same county I think.
    there should be a ton of local media just for cases like that and elizabeth smart but nationwide doesn't seem that helpful

Did we know this?

The girl was locked inside the house while the other children were playing outside. When Hunter returned home, the door was unlocked and the 5-year-old was gone.
    "If you have my child, please take her to a safe place, a public place where she can be located," Hunter told The Associated Press. "The family will not be the same until the child is returned, and I will be relentless in my search."
    It is believed the young girl let herself out and wandered off. None of her siblings - the oldest being 13 years-old - saw her leave, authorities said.

WTF?

Olivia's post mentioned she walked out while her mom was running an errand but it didnt say the girl was locked inside.
    Its weird, it seems like if she wandered off and got hurt, she would have been found already, allthough kids seem to be able to hide in tiny places.
    The first article I posted mentioned a woman seen putting a child that matches Jahessyes description into a car, but it never mentions that in any new articles.
    Confusing.

Did the other kids see her when she was allegedly locked inside the house? Or did the mom tell them she was locking her in and they should go outside and play? I'm sure the other kids have been interviewed. When did they last see Jahessye?

Im not sure if the siblings ever saw her.
    Thats a good point, especially after this just came out:
    During that CNN interview, Johnson and Hunter answered questions about Jahessye's mom, who served time for child abuse in a California prison in 2006. She was released just last year

And the stepdad is a sex offender, right? I don't know the details of that.

I just read the siblings never saw Jahessye (i hate re-typing that name)

The plot thickens

The mom complaining because they are treating her like a suspect is pissing me off. Like white mothers are never looked at as suspects. This mother is a nutcase. So is grandma.

Seems we forgot about this girl too. Were.

I looked behind the couch and under the bed and didn't find her, so I gave up.

I looked behind the couch and under the bed and didn't find her, so I gave up.
    At least you tried your best.

New details in Jhessye Shockley case

GLENDALE, Ariz.--Three weeks after 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley was reported missing from her Glendale apartment, police still have few solid leads, but there are now new questions about when the little girl was last seen.

Glendale police say Jhessye was absent from kindergarten for a "period of time" because of "what can best be described as a communicable illness," in the days before her disappearance.

Sgt. Brent Coombs of the Glendale Police Department says residents of the area have said they saw Jhessye at her apartment complex as recently as the Sunday before her reported disappearance on Tuesday, Oct. 11.

Jhessye's mother, Jerice Hunter, says she went out to run an errand that afternoon, leaving Jhessye in the care of her older children. But when she returned, Hunter says Jhessye was gone.

Karla Brown, who lives several doors down from Hunter, says she last saw Jhessye playing in the courtyard of the Autumn Leaves apartment complex about a week before the reported disappearance.

Another neighbor, Katherine White, said she is sure she saw Jhessye playing with White's granddaughter on Oct. 6.

The conflicting information all makes for more questions in this already mysterious case.

Hunter came and went from her apartment on Tuesday but did not want to speak with reporters.

She gave birth to another baby last week, but that baby was removed from her custody by Child Protective Services, according to a relative.

Hunter's other three children are also in CPS custody.

Hunter served prison time in California for child abuse, but police say she is not a suspect in Jhessye's disappearance.

Investigators say they are still working to determine an appropriate time for a polygraph test to be administered to Hunter.

Sgt. Coombs said a seasoned criminal investigator with homicide experience is now leading this case.

"There was no major event or occurrence in the investigation that caused this. ... We are just looking to the future and long term if this case goes in that direction," Coombs said in an e-mail.

Anyone with information about Jhessye Shockley is asked to call 623-930-HELP (4357). There is a reward of at least $11,000 for information that leads police to the little girl.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/New-det...133044233.html

a cousin is saying the girl was abused in this article.

Jhessye Shockley's cousin says missing child was abused

GLENDALE, AZ - It has been 10 days since 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley was reported missing. Now, a cousin who helped raise her is talking about how the familly plans to keep her face out there, and is also opening up about allegations of child abuse.

Lisa Vance, from Glendale, says she helped raise Jhessye for four years while Jhessye's mother was in prison.

She tells ABC15 Jhessye was an intelligent girl with dreams of becoming a ballerina.

"You cannot help but love her. I miss everything about her," Vance said.

Jerice Hunter, Jhessye's mother, has a record of child abuse , and was sentenced to jail in California back in 2006. Vance says Hunter took Jhessye back last year when she was released.

"We did not give her back willingly," Vance said. "We didn't think Jerice was ready. She needed to get to know Jhessye. Jhessye was two weeks old when she left."

Vance, who does not have contact with Hunter anymore, alleges Hunter abused Jhessye.

"Absolutely," she said. "At our functions, and get-togethers, Jhessye was not herself. I've seen marks that led me to believe she was being abused in Jerice's home."

Police have not called Hunter a suspect in the missing child case nor have they confirmed that Jhessye was abused.

CPS currently has custody of Hunter's three other children, but would not release details about why they were removed from the home. The children were taken away after the investigation into Jhessye's disappearance began.

Despite Hunter's past, Vance says the focus should remain on finding Jhessye.

"My own opinion is someone has Jhessye and she's still living. I just wish they would return her," Vance said.

Vance is planning a candlelight vigil at 45th and Glendale avenues Saturday at 6pm.

"It will not stop until she comes home," Vance said about the family's effort.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...ild-was-abused

Missing Person
    Missing 5-Year-Old Jhessye Shockley's Mother Arrested by Glendale P.D.

The mother of a 5-year-old Glendale girl who's been missing for over a month reportedly has been arrested.

Jerice Hunter, the mother of Jhessye Shockley -- who was last seen on October 11-- was taken into custody this morning, family members have told various news outlets.

Glendale Sergeant Brent Coombs did not immediately respond when asked to confirm whether Hunter was in custody, nor would he confirm as much to other media outlets. Coombs would only say that police are currently at Hunter's home.

Additionally, the Arizona Republic reports, police "crews in white gear were visible at the home."

Shockley, police say, wandered away from siblings -- who were caring for her at her family's apartment at the time -- a little before 5 p.m. on October 11. She hasn't been seen since.

Since her disappearance, a few things have been revealed. For starters, her family is furious with the media and the Glendale Police Department for how they've handled the girl's disappearance -- Shockley's grandmother even said she thinks the media has ignored the case because it involves "a little black girl."

The most notable bombshell, however, is that Hunter, did prison time in California for child abuse. Since Shockley's disappearance, Hunter's other four children -- one of whom was born about two weeks ago -- have been placed in the custody of Child Protective Services for unknown reasons.

Hunter -- in no uncertain terms -- told New Times last month that she's a good mother, and denied any involvement in her daughter's disappearance.

Glendale police have scheduled a news conference for this afternoon to address the latest developments in the case. Check back for updates.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...hessye_sho.php

Clothing found near home of missing Glendale girl Jhessye Shockley

GLENDALE, AZ - Police scoured a ditch near the home of missing Glendale 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley Tuesday afternoon.

They were looking at clothing found in the ditch. Police put the items in paper bags and took them away from the scene.

“I called the tip hotline about them last week,” said Dora Peck. Peck lives many miles away in south Phoenix, but came to the area last week to try to help find the little girl.

She told ABC15 she saw clothing that she thought might belong to a little girl and reported it to police.

She reportedly came back eight days later and found the clothing was still there.

She said she had another person call the hotline this time.

“Something happened here,” said Dora. “I don’t know if it happened to that missing little girl, but it happened to someone.”

Police said the clothing initially looks to be adult-sized and possibly from a transient.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...essye-shockley

The story was that she left on an errand and when she returned Jah was gone.
    I wonder what part of that is even true

Missing Girl's Mother to Appear in Court

Police don't believe they'll find Jahessye alive

Updated: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 8:23 AM MST
    Published : Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 5:27 AM MST

PHOENIX - The mother of a missing Glendale girl was arrested and charged with child abuse.
    Jerice Hunter appeared in court Monday, but when she arrived, she was informed it was postponed until Tuesday.
    Hunter has claimed she's innocent and had nothing to do with her daughter Jahessye Shockley's disappearance. But police believe the little girl is dead.
    Before being told her hearing was postponed, Hunter shook her head and covered her face with her hands.

She's accused of child abuse -- against Jahessye.
    http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...-case-11222011
    Lurker checking in.

Missing five-year-old girl 'was kept in closet and beaten in days before she vanished'

The teenage sister of a missing five-year-old Arizona girl told police their mother instructed her to lie about the girl's disappearance, kept the girl in a closet, and that the girl had black eyes, cuts and bruises before she was reported missing, according to a court document released today.

The document was released minutes after Jhessye Shockley's mother, Jerice Hunter, had her first court appearance, during which she proclaimed her innocence.

Hunter was held on a $100,000 bond because of her history of child abuse and the seriousness of the charge against her.

Hunter was arrested on a felony count of child abuse on Monday, more than five weeks after she reported Jhessye missing. Police said at a news conference that they received new information in the case that led to her arrest and to a second search of her apartment in the Phoenix suburb of Glendale.

Investigators declined to say what that information was. But the court document details a recent interview they conducted with Hunter's 13-year-old daughter, who was removed from the home last month by state Child Protective Services.

The document, a probable cause statement, said the teenager recently began to talk to her foster mother about Jhessye, telling her 'she was told by her mother, Jerice, to lie to police about Jhessye being missing.'

Police then interviewed the teen, who told them she did not see Jhessye the day she disappeared, reversing her previous story to authorities that she had seen the girl.

She also said that several weeks ago Hunter became angry when she returned home to find Jhessye wearing a long T-shirt while watching TV with a neighbour boy, telling the girl that she was a 'ho' before taking her into a bedroom, according to the document.

The teen said she could hear her sister screaming and crying in the room, the document said.

She also told police that Hunter kept Jhessye in a bedroom closet and deprived her of food and water, and that she had seen the girl in there with black eyes and bruises and cuts to her face and body, according to the document.

'(She) reported that Jhessye's hair had been pulled out and described Jhessye as not looking alive and that she looked like a zombie,' the document said. '(She) said that the closet where Jhessye had been looked like a grave and smelled like dead people.'

The teen said Hunter placed incense in a container to conceal the odor.

She also said that a few days before Jhessye disappeared, her mother spent the entire day cleaning the apartment and cleaning her shoes from the closet with soap and bleach. Police said they found a receipt that showed Hunter bought food and a bottle of bleach two days before she reported her daughter missing.

Jhessye was last seen October 11 after Hunter said she went out for an errand and left the girl in the care of three older siblings at their apartment.

As AZCentral.com reports, the sister said the last time she saw Jhessye was September 12. The report says school records indicate Jhessy'e last day at school was September 22.

School records also indicated Hunter reported Jhessye had ringworm and later pink eye, though the report says the conditions were not confirmed by a doctor at the time, according to the website.

At a news conference on Monday, Glendale Police Sergeant Brent Coombs said authorities do not expect to find Jhessye alive, but he did not explain why. He also said Hunter is the 'number one focus' in the investigation.

Hunter, meanwhile, has maintained her innocence, insisting she had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance. She also has criticised the Glendale Police Department's investigation.

'We feel that law enforcement is not active in finding Jhessye and that they're more active in persecuting me instead of finding out where she is,' Hunter said last month.

State Child Protective Services removed Hunter's other children, including a newborn, from her apartment last month but declined to say why. Glendale police said they had no part in the decision to remove the children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-sister.html

My friend knows this woman. She is beyond pissed and disgusted. Her children played with this woman's children, and her youngest was close to Jhessye so this is hard for all of them. She's going to be coming here to post in the next couple of days.

Thread Information