Thread: So I'm letting something bother me

So I'm letting something bother me

Last week (friday to be exact) there was a big wreck out here on a highway that i travel often, a guy died, his van got sandwiched between two tractor trailers, he was a cable contractor, (which is what i do), they still haven't posted his name anywhere, but i think i know who it was, no matter though, in my field of work we are like a brotherhood, even if you dont know someone, you meet a cable dog, and youre friends, that's just how it works, you work long, hard hours, risk your life daily, and have no benefits, but you make very solid money, which is i guess whats important, so it makes me kinda sad...

anyway, the thing that pisses me off about the whole deal, the reason this wreck occurred, is because some guy felt like getting drunk, and driving...at 2 o clock in the afternoon with no insurance, no license, no tags on his car, nothing, he ran into the barricade, and of course this stopped traffic, well, unfortunately, the poor guy that got killed got caught in this, and stopped, the tractor trailer behind him couldn't stop, and rear ended him full bore, obviously killing him pretty much instantly

i looked on the Mo. highway patrol website, and found the accident with the drunk driver, but they still haven't posted the accident that occurred after that (the fatality) because they haven't notified next of kin

i drove by that spot on 470 tonight, and there was still some leftover trash from the wreck, i stopped, got out and looked, there are some cable connectors,  gel splices and stuff in a little pile

i hope to christ that drunk fucker feels happy

fuck man, i know people die everyday, it sucks, you could die driving to an office job, but i just cant get past this one, i just hope it wasnt the guy i think it was, ill find out tommorow i guess

link for the MSHP accident report on the drunk driver accident
    http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/HP68/AccidentDetailsAction?ACC_RPT_NUM=A016674A

link for the news report on the accident
    http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/11158115/detail.html
    With The Sureness Of Sleepwalking.

Re: So I'm letting something bother me

Sorry.  Good of you to post it so the visitors know we have souls.

Oh wait... not me, Grace or Red.

I'm sorry for the loss you've felt..the more you're able to relate  with the victim of a horrible accident like this, the more it stays with you.

I don't really think there's anything anyone here can say to you to make you forget or feel less effected by the man's death, but sometimes it's good to let one of the stories of another human being's end transcend the normal front of jokes and ridicule we put forward.

I personally don't think any grief is misplaced, whether the person you lost is a close relative or a total stranger..it's a way of acknowledging their existence at the very least and it gives you a sense of appreciation for what you have.

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=5311.msg213082#msg213082 date=1173065424]
    Sorry.  Good of you to post it so the visitors know we have souls.

Oh wait... not me, Grace or Red.
    [/quote]

true, note, i never really go to the death chats, i feel bad most of the time about em

i kinda posted this with the hope that some of you detectives will find out who it was before i go to work tommorow

OLIVIA!

Dude that sucks...Im so sorry..

I hear what you're saying too, not that you necessarily know the guy, but the death of someone who has touched your life in whatever small way is creepy and sad...not to mention the whole "holy shit that could have been.." kind of thing

im sorry. again.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

I am sorry. What a terrible way to die and for any loss that you may suffer.

I am not a shabby sleuth. I will do some digging in the AM (I have to be at work in 6 hours) and let you know what I find.

[quote author=perry link=topic=5311.msg213098#msg213098 date=1173066021]
    I am sorry. What a terrible way to die and for any loss that you may suffer.

I am not a shabby sleuth. I will do some digging in the AM (I have to be at work in 6 hours) and let you know what I find.
    [/quote]

I'll know by 6 am if it was one of our guys

the reason i think its my buddy is cause hes from nigeria, and has no family in america

and well, the reason they havent posted his name is cause they havent notified his family yet

so, yeah

This is a truly devastating loss, I'm so sorry.

Its so weird to drive down a road where there had been a huge wreck.  And to see the pieces of the car or belongings on the road afterwards.  I remember seeing an accient where a mail truck was hit and the guy was killed.  There was letters and boxes that held mail all in the highway.  It really was disturbing.  The worst though are the shrines people make up on the side of the road.  They really get to me.

[quote author=missberi link=topic=5311.msg213450#msg213450 date=1173105739]
    Its so weird to drive down a road where there had been a huge wreck.  And to see the pieces of the car or belongings on the road afterwards.  I remember seeing an accient where a mail truck was hit and the guy was killed.  There was letters and boxes that held mail all in the highway.  It really was disturbing.  The worst though are the shrines people make up on the side of the road.  They really get to me.
    [/quote]
    The most disturbing part for me are the tire tracks really.  Even after everything has been cleaned up they are still there to tell the story.

Also, when people hit a tree that is pretty f'd up.  You'll drive by a little white cross in front a tree with a huge scar on it from the wreck....

ya that tree does stay all scraped...creepy

I've never lost anyone, so it used to be "easy" to read this site.  But now, with each death, I'm getting more and more paranoid.  I fear for everyone.  I can't imagine being in your position 

for the record, it wasnt one of our guys, thank god

he worked for another contractor, still sad

we sent the guys family a card

and no, he didnt have a myspace

it's hard when one death hits you and you can't shake it. in may '06, a kid i graduated from high school with killed himself. We weren't friends at all and we completely opposites. he was the kid with the chains and black clothes and tattoos and i was the girl who wore makeup and hungout with drug free people but yet i always had an attraction to him. We both loved KoRn and would sometimes talked about the newest album or whatever. When i found out he hanged himself, my heart literally dropped. I didnt understand why i was such an emotional wreck. i barely knew the kid and havent seen or talked to him in 4 years. I couldnt even bring myself to go to his funeral. sometimes i drive by his house just go remember him and it just makes me so sad.

Still sad, but glad it wasn't one of your guys. Sorry you had to experience that terrible wait and see period. It is often the hardest part. Not knowing.....drives us crazy!

I'll die one day, that was a touching story. Sorry for your loss too.

Thread Information