Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-month old baby Lisa Irwin missing since 3 October 2011

10-month old baby Lisa Irwin missing since 3 October 2011

KANSAS CITY, Mo.?

Police and FBI returned to the Irwin home for the third day in search of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin. For the first time, the media learned from the parents that three cell phones were also missing from the home, however, police would not comment on this information.

Police plan to search in areas they've already search, but what kind of evidence they're looking for is still unclear. On Thursday, her parents Jeremy Irwin and Debbie Bradley also said the window that appeared tampered with, first believed to be Lisa's bedroom window, is actually a window in the family's computer room

The FBI revisited the home on Wednesday and concentrated their efforts around the window, but investigators are not releasing any information as to what, if any, evidence was found.

Baby Lisa, missing since early Tuesday morning, captured the nation's attention as her parents addressed the national media on Thursday morning. Jeremy Irwin and Debbie Bradley appeared exhausted. Through tears Debbie spoke about her missing daughter and pleaded for her safe return

Kansas City Police said they continue to follow leads, including a tip that a baby matching Lisa's description was spotted at a truck stop in St. Joseph, Missouri with an older couple. Police said that is just one of many tips they're looking into and will know more once they view surveillance video from the truck stop.

On Wednesday, the parents of Lisa Irwin addressed Kansas City media in a live press conference.
    In a tearful plea Lisa's mother pleaded for the safe return of her daughter and said Lisa has two brothers at home waiting for her.

Lisa's father urged who ever has Lisa to drop her off at a fire station or a hospital and said that no questions would be asked.

Police said Lisa was allegedly taken from her crib in her Northland home at in the 3600 block of North Lister sometime between the hours of 10:30 p.m. Monday night and 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. The baby's father called police around 4 a.m. Tuesday when he came home from work and discovered her missing.

Police said Lisa's parents are cooperating with the investigation. On Tuesday, authorities searched a van and car at the home. There is no word on what police found or were looking for. Officers searching for the child focused on areas near the family's home such as railroad tracks near the north side of the Missouri River and a wooded area behind the home.

"We have some canines out in the woods," said Kansas City Police Capt. Steve Young on Tuesday. "We don't need daylight for the dogs to work. When they finish we will stop the area search, but maintain a command post to work leads as they come in."

Police say that at this point, they have no new leads or suspects in the child's disappearance.

According to retired FBI Special Agent Michael Tabman, infant kidnappings are very rare.

"Kidnappings are fairly rare anyway, and this was an infant. Infant kidnappings are more rare," he said. "When they do happen it's almost always someone they know, or there is generally a successful conclusion and the baby is found and returned unharmed."

Several local, state and federal agencies including the FBI helped during Tuesday's search for Irwin, who is described as white, with blond hair and blue eyes, about 30 inches tall and weighing 26-30 pounds. Her family says that she has two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and currently has a cold with a cough.

The family says that she was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it.

If you have any information on the girl's whereabouts call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
    http://www.ky3.com/news/wdaf-authori...,1183102.story
    Last edited by HockeyGirl; 10-06-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Is it too early to say this sounds suspicious?

Probably a runaway.

right?! And she stole their cell phones on the way out.

Aw, fuck. All infants look the same. She'll be spotted in every stroller everywhere in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    right?! And she stole their cell phones on the way out.
    She had to call up her other bitches to hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Aw, fuck. All infants look the same. She'll be spotted in every stroller everywhere in the US.
    this, bc at wally world just about an hour ago, i swore i saw baby lisa. (i shouldn't be joking, but the baby i saw really looked like her, but then again, all cute, bald babies look the same).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

And considering how many crimes are helped by peoples cellphone pings, it's kinda convenient that theirs are gone?
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...t-cooperating/
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. ? Police say the parents of a missing 10-month-old Missouri girl are no longer cooperating with authorities.
    Kansas City police Capt. Steve Young made that statement at a news conference Thursday evening.
    Investigators have no suspects and few solid leads despite an intensive search for Lisa Irwin. Her parents say she was snatched from her crib sometime Monday night or early Tuesday.
    Earlier Thursday, the child's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, described how they frantically searched their home for any sign of their daughter but found only an open window, an unlocked front door and house lights blazing.
    The family's three cellphones, including one that didn't work, also were missing, the couple said during a tearful news conference Thursday morning.
    The Associated Press
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...t-cooperating/
    Video of parents plea.
    Last edited by poppy213; 10-06-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Added video

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Parents have stopped cooperating...
    Cancer JUNE 22 - JULY 22<br />Don&#39;t let negativity win out today, even though it probably will, because you&#39;re a worthless human being who most likely doesn&#39;t deserve to be happy.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The parents of a missing 10-month-old Missouri girl are no longer cooperating with authorities, and their claims that whoever took their daughter stole their cellphones hasn't produce any leads, police said Thursday night.

Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, who said their daughter, Lisa, was snatched from her crib sometime Monday night or early Tuesday, had been cooperative since reporting her missing. But they changed course Thursday, Kansas City police spokesman Steve Young said.
    "Tonight, they decided to stop talking to detectives, and I don't have to illustrate how that affects the investigation. That speaks for itself," he said.
    He reiterated that investigators still have no suspects. A cousin of the baby's mother who has been acting as a spokesman for the family declined to comment to The Associated Press after Young's announcement Thursday evening.
    During a tearful news conference Thursday morning, Irwin and Bradley had described how they frantically searched their home for any sign of their daughter after her father came home from work early Tuesday and she wasn't in her crib.
    They said they found an open window, an unlocked front door and house lights blazing, and later discovered that their three cellphones were gone.
    "They told us three cellphones were missing. It hasn't produced anything we can go forward with," Young said. "The investigation is directed and handled by hard information."
    Investigators focused their search Thursday on a heavily wooded area, sewers and an industrial park. About 100 officers were scouring the industrial area and adjacent woods, while others were lifting drain covers and crawling inside.
    But after the evening news conference, police spokesman Darin Snapp sent out a news release saying they believed they had done everything they could "regarding geographic searches" and were shutting down the command post about a mile from the home. Snapp said police "will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information."
    Police did not return messages seeking additional comment Thursday night.
    Earlier in the day, a relative said Lisa's parents have given police more than a dozen names as they try to think of potential suspects or people who paid especially close attention to the child.
    "We're scraping for anything, anyone who was at the house, who looked at her strange. Anything," said Mike Lerette, a cousin of the baby's mother.
    Irwin said he immediately knew something was wrong when he returned home from work about 4 a.m. Tuesday. He checked on their other children, 6-year-old and 8-year-old boys, then went to Lisa's room and discovered her gone.
    "I said, 'What do you mean she is not in her crib?'" said Bradley, who had checked on her daughter about five hours earlier. "I just knew, you know, that something was really wrong. We ran around the house andand screaming for her, but she was nowhere."
    Bradley said that's when they discovered the phones had been taken, guessing it was to delay them from calling police. As she hugged her crying sons, Bradley said, Irwin checked outside and eventually contacted police.
    "All I can think of is that maybe somebody wanted a baby," she said.
    Lisa has blue eyes and blonde hair, is 30 inches tall and weighs around 28 pounds. She was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with pictures of white kittens.
    Authorities have used search dogs to go over the family's home and nearby woods, helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and door-to-door interviews with neighbors.
    Police have said one possibility was that someone entered the home through a front window and snatched the baby, but they haven't pointed to any sign of forced entry.
    Irwin said the abduction has been especially hard on Lisa's older brothers, who constantly ask if their sister has been found.
    "We tell them, 'Not yet, not yet,'" Irwin said. "It's the only thing we can think to tell them."

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...i-1195440.html
    Last edited by beli; 10-06-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Here is an interesting item from the early article I posted..
    Baby Lisa's parents are desperate, but there may still be hope.

Most infants who are abducted are found unharmed, Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, Va., told the Kansas City Star.

Still hope: Experts say most infants who are kidnapped by strangers are found unharmed

“The vast majority of those who take infants don’t take them to harm, so the safe return of an abducted infant is pretty high.” Allen said.

Strangers who kidnap infants are usually women who are looking for a baby of their own, he said.

The story has attracted national attention since Tuesday. Friends and supporters from around the country gave an outpouring of support on the Facebook page 'Help Find Lisa Irwin.'

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

well the parents just went to the top of my list (even though they were already there)
    IF some crazy nutso woman broke in because she wanted a baby I doubt she would have located and swiped all 3 cell phones in the house.
    Ive seen ghetto ass people rob a house and forget to take the tv

I clicked the link to see the video of the parents' "plea" but I couldn't get the video to work. Would someone be willing to post it here, if possible? Pretty please?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Thanks Beli! The mom seemed genuinely upset when she was talking, but I guess you never know...the fact that they aren't cooperating makes me think they have something to do with it, but I'm still hoping she is found alive..

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    This.

Note: I will apologize if it turns out these parents had nothing to do with this.

I just want the baby to be okay. cryface

DP!

The parents are supposed to have a news conference today on why they stopped cooperating.

Also this is weird to me:

"It appears the suspect entered/exited through a bedroom window," authorities said in a statement. "Evidence at the scene leads police to believe the child has been abducted."

Jeremy Irwin told reporters that he found Lisa missing when he got home from work. "The front door was unlocked," he said Thursday. "Most of the lights were on in the house, and the window in front was open -- all very unusual."

How did someone break in, grab the kid, turn on the lights, open the window, grab the phones and leave thru the front door with out being heard/seen?

Did I hear correctly that the baby was supposed to be sleeping with her 6 year old brother and a stray cat they picked up that day? I found that information to be odd as well.

so it was the cat!!!! AHA!

I am thinking the baby was smothered on accident by the kitteh so the mother did all she could to hide it and pulled a Casey Anthony.

The baby didnt have its own room?!
    Well then I find it even weirder all those shenanigans took place without anyone hearing a peep

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    The baby didnt have its own room?!
    Well then I find it even weirder all those shenanigans took place without anyone hearing a peep
    yeah, you would think the way they described the scene that the baby lived there alone or was by itself.

The mother of missing Missouri baby Lisa Irwin said today that police accused her of having done something to her 10-month-old toddler."From the start when they've questioned me, once I couldn't fill in gaps, it turned into 'You did it, you did it,'" Deborah Bradley told "Good Morning America" today. "They took a picture down from the table and said, 'Look at your baby! And do what's right for her!' I kept saying I don't know ... I just sat there. I didn't even ask to leave. I just let them keep asking questions."
    Bradley also said police accused her of failing a polygraph test. Police said they could not comment on this claim, but said Bradley is "free to say whatever she wants."
    The child vanished from her crib four days ago and police have said they literally do not have a clue about where Lisa is or who took her.
    Bradley, who sobbed through her interview with "GMA," spoke out after Kansas City police said Bradley and the toddler's father Jeremy Irwin had stopped cooperating.
    The parents told "GMA" they have not ended their cooperation with police.
    "If they say they're willing to continue speaking with detectives, I say great. Our door is open," Police Capt. Steve Young told ABCNews.com this morning. "Their involvement in the case is the best thing for this case. Our only goal is to find this little girl."
    Young said detectives would be happy to resume conversations with Lisa's parents, but added, "We still haven't heard from the mother or father as of this morning."
    What Happened to Kyron Horman, Holly Bobo, Others?
    Irwin said that he needed to take a break from the intensive questioning and soon saw a police press conference where they stated that the parents had ceased to work with police on the investigation.

"We were in interrogated for a really long time Tuesday there again, answering questions….I just couldn't' take it anymore," he said. "I told them I had to have a break -- no more questions today. I asked to be let go, and they let me go from police station. An hour later was when we saw the press conference from them."
    Both parents vehemently denied on "GMA" that they had any involvement with their daughter's disappearance, and reiterated their willingness to cooperate.
    "We continue to ask, answer all the questions the best we can and do everything they tell us to do and so I mean, we've done everything we can do," Bradley said.
    That conflicted with what Kansas City, Mo., police Capt. Steve Young said earlier.
    "The mother and father no longer want to talk to detectives," Young said. "From an investigative standpoint, we enjoyed their cooperation. So far, [it] has been very beneficial to the case. But yeah, you can imagine it doesn't help the case" [that the cooperation has ended].
    "Like I've said before, the cooperation of the parents is -- they live in the house. They intimately have information of what's been going on. They know the child. They were maybe one of our best bets to help find this child," Young said. "This doesn't help the investigation."
    Thursday night police also shut down their outdoor command post and removed that crime scene tape that had been surrounding the house since Lisa's disappearance, but police insist this was not related to their claim that the parents were no longer cooperating.
    "It has nothing to do with the statement I made about the parents' cooperation," Young said. "We closed that down only because of geography."
    Young said the investigation is continuing with the same force but has simply moved to the police station as a matter of convenience.
    Ashley Irwin said her brother and Bradley would release a new statement on the case today.
    Police have said that they are still investigating what happened at the house Monday night when the baby, who the couple nicknamed "Pumpkin Pie," disappeared from her crib. But as soon as police announced Thursday that the parents had stopped cooperating, the police mobile command center -- which was right down the road from the home -- was closed. The police also pulled down the crime scene tape at the house.
    "This evening we will be shutting down the command post. We believe we have done all we can regarding geographic searches and will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information," police Officer Darin Snapp said in a news release Thursday.
    Still, Young confirms what the police have said since their initial questioning of the parents earlier this week, that they are not suspects in their child's disappearance.
    "The investigation is directed and led by hard information," Young added. "Again, we don't have any suspects. If we had enough to charge anybody with, we probably would be issuing charges."
    The dispute over whether Bradley and Irwin were cooperating came after ABC News learned the couple was trying to make lists of possible suspects for police by thinking about all of the people they cross paths with on a daily basis. That meant they were listing every grocer, utility worker who may have been in the house, former friend, classmate, neighbor or acquaintances who may have wanted a child.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-parents-upset-police-tough-tactics/story?id=14688581

t
    here is more info on the webpage, plus video.

Well if she failed a polygraph then she shouldnt be suprised at that line of questioning

Thread Information