Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yasmin Acree.

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Yasmin Acree.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=211573507

"Parents of missing teen say Chicago Police don’t care
    The parents of a 15-year-old Chicago girl say police are not putting energy into finding their daughter because she is Black. Yasmin Acree’s mom, Rose Starnes, dismisses the assumption by police that her daughter ran away, pointing to the locks on two gates that were cut and the door to the basement, where her room is located, that was forced open. Starnes also notes that Yasmin, who has been missing since Jan. 15, was excited about starting a new job. Starnes says she discovered Yasmin, an African-American honor student from the West Side, missing when she returned from visiting her grandchildren in Elgin. Joseph Salemme, the grand-central commander with the Chicago Police, says that the family’s charge of racism is ridiculous and insulting."

Re: Yasmin Acree.

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=15298.msg939609#msg939609 date=1216765725]
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=158582318

"Parents of missing teen say Chicago Police don’t care
    The parents of a 15-year-old Chicago girl say police are not putting energy into finding their daughter because she is Black. Yasmin Acree’s mom, Rose Starnes, dismisses the assumption by police that her daughter ran away, pointing to the locks on two gates that were cut and the door to the basement, where her room is located, that was forced open. Starnes also notes that Yasmin, who has been missing since Jan. 15, was excited about starting a new job. Starnes says she discovered Yasmin, an African-American honor student from the West Side, missing when she returned from visiting her grandchildren in Elgin. Joseph Salemme, the grand-central commander with the Chicago Police, says that the family’s charge of racism is ridiculous and insulting."
    [/quote]

The myspace you listed is that of a young man.

I wonder why the police are saying she's a runaway if what the family says about the cut locks is true?
    <br /><br />I want to go to Heaven for the weather and Hell for the company.

Hmmm...maybe I should go look for her!&nbsp;
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=15298.msg940486#msg940486 date=1216842697]
    Hmmm...maybe I should go look for her!&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Get your first case under your belt before you even get to the academy!&nbsp; :-D

[quote author=mishira link=topic=15298.msg940488#msg940488 date=1216842784]
    Get your first case under your belt before you even get to the academy!&nbsp; &nbsp;:-D
    [/quote]

Exactly!&nbsp; I'm already volunteering for those Guradian Angels.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=mishira link=topic=15298.msg940484#msg940484 date=1216842562]
    The myspace you listed is that of a young man.

I wonder why the police are saying she's a runaway if what the family says about the cut locks is true?
    [/quote]

Thanks for letting me know! That was actually Jake Anthony's MySpace, who is also missing. I don't know why I've been so stupid lately. Anyway, I'm fixing it right away. :)

http://blackandmissing.blogspot.com/2008/02/missing-yasmine-acree.html

Yasmine Acree left her home in the Austin Community and headed for school Tuesday morning Jan. 15. After school she went to the local YMCA to meet with her mentor, Tiffany Moore.

The 15 year old came home Tuesday evening, washed a load of clothes and went to her room. During the midnight hours she went missing. Her mother, Rose Starnes, believes burglars entered the home, but left with something more precious than gold- her daughter.

&quot;Yasmine and I are very close,&quot; Starnes said. &quot;She didn't run away.&quot;

Locks were found cut off the home's outside gate, and the basement door was forced open, Starnes said. Yasmine's room, which is located in the basement, was left undisturbed.

&quot;I'm not sure if she got up once she heard them enter the basement, and they took her or what happened. Yasmine is the only thing missing,&quot; Starnes, a mother of three, said. &quot;I don't see anything missing downstairs. It's like whoever came, came just for Yasmine.&quot;

Yasmine is a freshman at Austin Polytechnical Academy, where, according to some friends, she joked about being &quot;tired of life, tired of school, tired of everything.&quot;

Rev. Ira Acree, Yasmine's cousin and pastor of Greater St. John Bible Church, said the freshman came to church every Sunday with her mother. The last time Acree saw Yasmine, he recalled &quot;It didn't seem like anything was bothering her. She seemed very happy and jovial.&quot;

&quot;Yasmine is very mild-mannered and polite, you know the type that said 'yes ma'am' and 'no ma'am,'&quot; he added.

&quot;She's a sharp kid, her verbiage was great for a 15 year-old. She has too much potential to be sidetracked, [has] a mother who loves her - strict or not- and a family that wants the best for her. She has a bright future and a wonderful personality.&quot;

Her mother added, &quot;Whoever has Yasmine probably think, they've gotten away with it because the police are saying 'runaway'. Nobody in the family believes she ran away.&quot;

Pastor Acree said he hopes that she was not abducted.

&quot;If for some reason she ran away, whatever the issue, I pledge my support to help her resolve it.&quot;

It's been a couple of days since Yasmine's family heard from police, and her mother believes, &quot;They would've called if they had a suspect - I hope.&quot;

&quot;They may be doing the best they can, I don't know. I'm holding on,&quot; a distressed Starnes said. &quot;It's just physically and emotionally draining to just wonder. All kind of thoughts are going through my mind, because I don't know where she is.&quot;

The 1,300 congregation at Greater St. John Bible Church, 1256 N. Waller Ave., have held prayer visuals, and dispersed 2,000 flyers in the Austin Community. Partnering with area schools and residents, they've distributed 5,000 flyers in the shopping district on Madison and Pulaski. Acree, who's also chairman of the Leaders Network, a group of clergy activists, are sponsoring a reward of $1,000 to anyone that can lead to Yasmine's safe return.

In hopes that word reaches Yasmine, Starnes said: &quot;I love you, I miss you and I want you back at home.&quot;

Pastor Acree added, &quot;We're worried sick about you and your safety. Please come home, you will not be in trouble. I promise.&quot;

&quot;I'm still holding on to hope,&quot; Acree stressed. &quot;Because of so many caring people, I've been stunned by the support of so many. I believe God is going to use these people to bring Yasmin safely home.&quot;

The family ask that if anyone has information leading to the safe return of Yasmine Acree, call Area 5 Police at 312/746-6399, or contact Greater St. John Bible Church at 773/378-3300

Very weird if the lock thing is true who police would think she's a runaway.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Oh God. That's a scary description, what with the locks being cut and the basement door forced open. I hope this is just a case of a planned/staged runaway.&nbsp;

Family says police, mainstream media largely ignoring disappearance of teen

Friends and family of Austin teen Yasmine Acree held hands and prayed outside Greater St. John Bible Church last Thursday at a vigil for the 15-year-old girl, who's been missing since Jan. 15. Yasmine is the cousin of Greater St. John Pastor Ira Acree.

At a press conference held afterward inside the church, 1256 N. Waller, friends and family sat in the sanctuary while Acree and other members of the Leaders' Network, a group of West Side clergy, joined Yasmine's mother, Rose Starnes, at the podium.

The press conference was scheduled not only to call attention to Yasmine's case, but also to criticize Chicago print and broadcast media, which have largely ignored this missing-person's case, supporters insist.

&quot;We have been very disappointed in the media because, in Chicago, it seems that when people are missing, in certain communities there is a sense of urgency,&quot; said Pastor Acree. &quot;That doesn't appear to be the case with this 15-year-old.&quot;

http://www.austinweeklynews.com/Main...33&amp;SectionID=1
    Rest of article at link.

Yasmin's story
    It’s been more than a year since Austin teen’s

By TERRY DEAN
    News Editor

A year ago today, Rose Starnes was frantically wondering what happened to her 15-year-old daughter, Yasmin Acree, who disappeared from their Austin home the week earlier.
    Last Thursday was the one-year anniversary of Yasmin's disappearance. The family believes she was kidnapped from their home, but Chicago Police can't say for sure. Yasmin turned 16 Oct. 25. Starnes believes Yasmin is still alive, perhaps being held against her will. Family and friends by habit talk about her in the present tense. The family would have thrown a party for Yasmin on her birthday, Starnes said, either at the Congress Parkway home or out at a restaurant. Yasmin loves to eat, her mother said.
    Last Thursday, the family had a press conference at the 25th District Police Station at 5555 W. Grand to mark the year she's been gone. They were joined by law enforcement officials, clergy and community leaders. Yasmin's cousin, the Rev. Ira Acree of Greater St. John Bible Church, led the proceedings. They announced a $3,000 reward offered for any information leading to her whereabouts. Yasmin, the group pointed out, is among the nearly 1 million children who go missing each year.
    &quot;It's hard but we get along,&quot; said Starnes on a Sunday morning in the family's living room. &quot;This one year has been hard because we're nowhere close then where we were in the beginning. We don't know any more then when she came up missing.&quot;
    A cardboard cut-out made by family and friends with Yasmin's photo and the words &quot;We Miss U/Where are U&quot; sits in the home's first-floor. Police call Starnes every week about the case but there's been no serious leads.
    In October, her story appeared on the Maury Povich Show that featured missing children and on America's Most Wanted in December. Producers from the Povich show filmed at the family's home. Yasmin's room, which is in the basement, hasn't changed that much, except for a new bed spread. About a dozen stuffed animals are on the bed. Yasmin's gym shoes are resting on a stool. Her salutatorian plague and trophy for winning an essay contest while at May Elementary School where she was an academic scholar sits on the window sill. Yasmin talked about becoming a fashion designer or a model, and sometimes talked about college.
    &quot;She enjoyed reading,&quot; said Starnes. &quot;When she finished reading her own books, she'd read her mothers.'&quot;
    She also liked watching the Disney Channel, which is one of her favorite stations, her mom said. Yasmin, Starnes added, has some friends but was quiet, mostly stayed at home and went to school. That's why the family never believed she ran away, one of the earlier theories by police shortly after she went missing.
    It was Tuesday evening, Jan 15, 2008 when Yasmin was last seen. She went to school that day at Austin Polytech Academy on the Austin High School campus, 231 N. Pine, then to the Austin YMCA, 501 N. Central, after school where she was part of a mentoring program. Her teachers at May school, where Yasmin graduated in 2007, recruited her for the program. Yasmin spent time with her mentor that Tuesday before heading home that evening. Family members saw her. They said she washed clothes in the basement before going to bed. She was gone the next day and hasn't been seen since.
    Rev. Ira Acree believes she's alive. The family is concerned that her case has not gotten the type of media attention other missing children have received.
    &quot;It gives the impression that people have moved on,&quot; he said. &quot;It's also hard on her friends and other youth in our community. They think, 'Would this happen to me if I was missing?' When other kids go missing in other communities, everything stops. Unfortunately, in urban America, when a little girl disappears, they just don't get that 100 percent attention.&quot;
    Acree also wonders how any children can disappear without a trace.
    &quot;We know she just didn't vanish off the face of the earth. I believe in my heart that somebody knows something. My thing is: if there's anyone police have a suspicion about, investigate every lead and no one is off limits.&quot;
    Some of Yasmin's friends and teachers from Austin Polytech attended last Thursday's press conference. Yasmin's best friend was her cousin Shakenna Banks. They liked to go out or hang out in the basement, Shakenna noted, either listening to music or making up their own songs. Yasmin's favorite artists are Omarion, Lil Wayne and Bow Wow.
    &quot;We use to write songs together, and she has a journal and we would just write about what we did that day. Or we would just sing or get on her brother's nerves,&quot; Shakenna said.
    Yasmin's last birthday with the family was in 2007, but her brother wanted to throw one for her last year. Starnes said the family didn't because Yasmin is not here.
    Starnes also thinks her daughter's case has gone largely ignored by much of the media.
    &quot;Sometimes I really don't [believe it has gotten the attention it deserves],&quot; she said. &quot;With some people, it all depends. Sometimes they can find people real quick. But maybe that's how I feel because they haven't found her. It's really frustrating too because she's a child. And it's made other kids scared too, that a child could disappear into thin air.&quot;
    Starnes also talked of feeling useless because, &quot;she's probably out there wondering when someone is going to come and get her.&quot;

http://www.austinweeklynews.com/main...88&amp;TM=10298.12

What a sad story, I hope the Acree family get the justice they so much deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

[size=12pt]Police department admits wrongdoing in Yasmin Acree missing persons’ case[/size] - http://www.chicagodefender.com/article-6441-police-department-admits-wrongdoing-in-yasmin-acree-missing-personsrs-case.html
    by Kathy Chaney- Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Chicago Police Department agreed with the family of Yasmin Acree that CPD fumbled during the investigation of Acree’s disappearance by leaving pertinent evidence behind and not dusting for fingerprints when the teen was reported missing in January 2008, according to a recent letter addressed to the girl’s mother.

Dated Aug. 30, 2009, the letter from the CPD’s Internal Affairs Division acknowledged the completion of a, “thorough investigation of your allegation of misconduct by a member of the Chicago Police Department…All available evidence was evaluated, and it has been determined that misconduct on the part of the department member(s) has been proven.”

The 15-year-old went missing from her West Side home Jan. 15, 2008. She was an honor student at Austin Polytech High School and never made her bed the day she went missing. That caused her mother, Rose Starnes, great concern.

What became a bigger issue in the girl’s disappearance was a padlock that was cut off the home’s basement door, the police leaving it behind and her immediate classification as a runaway, she said.

“I called the police and told them it wasn’t like Yasmin to miss a day of school or leave her bed unmade. When I showed them the lock that was cut off the door and that Yasmin’s bedroom was in the basement, they left it behind,” Starnes told the Defender Thursday outside of police headquarters.

Three days after the girl was reported missing, the police collected the broken lock and dusted it for fingerprints, she said.

Starnes and clergy leaders, including the Rev. Ira Acree of Greater St. John Church who is also Yasmin’s cousin, held a press conference Thursday outside of police headquarters, 3510 S. Michigan Ave., where they also demanded to speak with police Supt. Jody Weis. The group wanted Weis to discuss IAD’s conclusion and what sanctions would be taken against the investigating officer(s).

“They botched the case. They blew it, and they knew it. They knew there was a dead cat on the line,” Acree said, adding he was amazed it took 13 months to come back with their conclusion. Internal affairs interviewed Starnes about the investigation on July 14, 2008.

Starnes and Acree were unable to meet with Weis but did speak privately in the police headquarters lobby with Chicago Alternative Police Strategies Chief Tina Skahill and Chief Eugene Williams.

Skahill was the chief of IAD when Yasmin disappeared. She made sure the family knew the steps that needed to be taken, Acree said.

“In my heart I do believe she’s still alive. I don’t know how safe though. And maybe I don’t want to think anything else but that she’s alive. I just want Yasmin home. If they wouldn’t have tagged her as a runaway in the beginning and took the lock and got fingerprints like they should have on day one, Yasmin could be home now,” Starnes said while making a public plea for her daughter’s safe return.

The family requested that Yasmin’s case receive top priority in light of the misconduct allegations sustained by IAD. They also expect to meet with Weis within the next week, according to Acree.

“The case of Yasmin Acree remains active and is being aggressively investigated. Detectives have been in constant contact with Acree’s family and will continue to investigate all leads,” said Chicago Police News Affairs officer JoAnn Taylor.

A $3,000 reward has been offered in this case. Anyone with information about Yasmin Acree’s disappearance is urged to call Acree at 773-378-3300 or to call the Area 5 Detective Division at 312-746-8365.

------

Yasmin's older sister blasts the Aunt:

First of all I am yasmin's second older sister, and Rose is not her mother she is her aunt. and if rose had not lied to the police from the beginning about everything then my lilttle sister would not be missing right now. Let me start by saying rose was out of the home three days on the gambling boat leaving my sister there with her crack and alcoholic addicted boyfriend, who by the way failed the lie detector test. rose also lied that she was at her daughters house the time my sister disappered. Rose starnes is a LIAR and needs to be in jail for her negligence in this case she is all the blame and she needs to be jailed for lying threw the whole case. What really upset me was that she got on the Maury show and lied last thanksgiving saying she dropped my sister off at school which is a lie she wasn't even home when she went missing. she is a snake and the police needs to arrest her for all the lies she has told our family. we feel she is hiding something and she be taken to jail. she is a composive liar and needs to be exposed to the public for the liar she is. My mother died 4 years ago and rose has not once talked about our mother she has no respect for this family she acts like she is the victim she didn't even tell me and our older sister that yasmin was missing until three days after she went missing so u tell me who the liar in this situation is she just blames the police because she is trying to cover up that yasmin was pregant around christmas time last year which we heard from one of her family members who attended a chrismas dinner and confirmed to an aunt in kentucky that yasmins was having a baby and rose knew about it and never told us or the police and where has she been all this time now that we found out yasmin is suppose to have a child now rose is trying to blame the police for something that she is the BLAME for she did not do her duty as my sisters care giver and we blame her for this whole thing. Thank you Yasmin's Big sister
    Саша VIIXIVMMIX

:-o That letter from the sister, whoa!

I wonder if the aunts boyfriend had something to do with it.
    ask me questions damnit<br />http://www.formspring.me/bama

Police: Missing Chicago Teen Could Be In Cleveland

POSTED: 4:35 pm EST January 22, 2010

CLEVELAND -- Authorities in Chicago believe a missing 17-year-old girl is in the Cleveland area.

Yasmine Acree, of Chicago, Ill., was reported missing on Jan. 16, 2008.

The Chicago Police Department received information from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that there was an anonymous tip that the missing girl was seen in Cleveland.

Acree is 5-foot-1 and weighs 125 pounds.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Acree should call 216-623-5630.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/22316909/detail.html

I wonder what info they have that makes them think this?

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=15298.msg1520761#msg1520761 date=1264692348]
    Police: Missing Chicago Teen Could Be In Cleveland

POSTED: 4:35 pm EST January 22, 2010

CLEVELAND -- Authorities in Chicago believe a missing 17-year-old girl is in the Cleveland area.

Yasmine Acree, of Chicago, Ill., was reported missing on Jan. 16, 2008.

The Chicago Police Department received information from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that there was an anonymous tip that the missing girl was seen in Cleveland.

Acree is 5-foot-1 and weighs 125 pounds.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Acree should call 216-623-5630.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/22316909/detail.html

I wonder what info they have that makes them think this?
    [/quote]

I wonder if the aunt or her boyfriend made the anonymous tip to deflect suspicion from themselves.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=15298.msg1520767#msg1520767 date=1264692663]
    I wonder if the aunt or her boyfriend made the anonymous tip to deflect suspicion from themselves.
    [/quote]

It's strange isn't it? After over 2 years and very little information they just put that out there?

Anybody see the show the other night about the girl who went to spend the night with a 'friend' and was kidnapped and forced into prostitution?

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=15298.msg1520780#msg1520780 date=1264692959]
    It's strange isn't it? After over 2 years and very little information they just put that out there?
    [/quote]

Really strange. Especially since the boyfriend failed the lie detector. Yasmin's sister put it out there that serious drugs and alcohol were involved with the aunt/boyfriend. Since locks were cut off the gate, even if he wasn't directly involved, I am sure he knows something.
    And right off the bat the aunt was impeding the investigation to begin with.&nbsp;

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=15298.msg1520783#msg1520783 date=1264693064]
    Anybody see the show the other night about the girl who went to spend the night with a 'friend' and was kidnapped and forced into prostitution?
    [/quote]

ugh, no. How horrible.&nbsp; :-(

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=15298.msg1520789#msg1520789 date=1264693296]
    Really strange. Especially since the boyfriend failed the lie detector. Yasmin's sister put it out there that serious drugs and alcohol were involved with the aunt/boyfriend. Since locks were cut off the gate, even if he wasn't directly involved, I am sure he knows something.
    And right off the bat the aunt was impeding the investigation to begin with.&nbsp;

ugh, no. How horrible.&nbsp; :-(
    [/quote]

I was shocked at how simple it was for them to do this to this girl. Now I believe it happens, probably much more than we ever imagined.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=15298.msg1520799#msg1520799 date=1264693703]
    I was shocked at how simple it was for them to do this to this girl. Now I believe it happens, probably much more than we ever imagined.
    [/quote]

What state was that in?

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=15298.msg1520801#msg1520801 date=1264693788]

What state was that in?
    [/quote]

I can't remember. I can't even remember what channel I saw it on or what it was called.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=15298.msg1520801#msg1520801 date=1264693788]

What state was that in?
    [/quote]

It was in Ohio.

The girls were walking to like a Dairy Queen or something when an acquaintance offered them a ride and boom, forced into underaged prostitution. It was pretty scary. I think it was an episode of &quot;48 Hours&quot; or a show like that.

After one of the girls (they were cousins) got collared by the police in MI, the police didn't even go after the other girl. Her own father busted down the pimp's door and saved his daughter. Wild.

I never really believed in this kind of stuff before either, but I'm with DS now, I think it happens more than we imagine.

Did we ever find out if this was Yasmin in Cleveland?
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=mishira link=topic=15298.msg1524954#msg1524954 date=1265082372]
    It was in Ohio.

The girls were walking to like a Dairy Queen or something when an acquaintance offered them a ride and boom, forced into underaged prostitution. It was pretty scary. I think it was an episode of &quot;48 Hours&quot; or a show like that.

After one of the girls (they were cousins) got collared by the police in MI, the police didn't even go after the other girl. Her own father busted down the pimp's door and saved his daughter. Wild.

I never really believed in this kind of stuff before either, but I'm with DS now, I think it happens more than we imagine.
    [/quote]

This isn't the one I was talking about. The show I saw the girl went to spend the night with a 'friend' and ended up being kidnapped by someone associated with the 'friend' who then stuck her in a room with a mattress and sold her to men.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=15298.msg1559639#msg1559639 date=1268245332]
    This isn't the one I was talking about. The show I saw the girl went to spend the night with a 'friend' and ended up being kidnapped by someone associated with the 'friend' who then stuck her in a room with a mattress and sold her to men.
    [/quote]

Are you talking about Law &amp; Order type stuff, or was it real?
    I remember seeing an episode of Law &amp; Order that was like that... the girl was young!
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=leyash link=topic=15298.msg1559649#msg1559649 date=1268245654]
    Are you talking about Law &amp; Order type stuff, or was it real?
    I remember seeing an episode of Law &amp; Order that was like that... the girl was young!
    [/quote]

It was real. I had seen it when I originally posted here and it was just on again the other night. Probably on TruTV. I seem to spend a lot of time on that channel.

Thread Information