Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: 10-month old baby Lisa Irwin missing since 3 October 2011

Quote Originally Posted by statro View Post
    I just saw on preview on TV, and Dr. Phil will be doing a show on baby Lisa this Friday, and talking to her parents.
    I am watching this now. We are a bit behind here in Australia. I never really paid attention to this case before now. I am going back to reread it. The mum did it though.

Baby Lisa Irwin's father: 'It doesn't get any easier'

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

The national television crews have moved on and few signs remain in a Northland neighborhood about the case that grabbed the country's attention.

But six months after Jeremy Irwin called 911 to report that his daughter had been kidnapped, Lisa Irwin remains missing. Her family quietly marked the anniversary of the disappearance of the little girl they call "Pumpkin Pie."

He said Wednesday was an especially difficult day for the grief-stricken family.

"Obviously, it's a pretty hard time for us today," he said.

Irwin attended a balloon release in his daughter's behalf held in front of the family home on Lister Avenue Wednesday evening.

"It doesn't get any easier," he said. "She is still out there and we're still looking."

About 30 people attended the balloon release. Irwin thanked everyone who is helping search for his daughter or passing along tips.

"Thank you everybody for coming out and showing support," he said.

Lisa's mother, Debbie Bradley, did not attend the event.

Irwin said he and Bradley are working to maintain a normal life for their two sons in the wake of all the "craziness." He said the family is trying to stay strong and has private plans to mark the anniversary.

"Hopefully we will find her soon," he said.

The Kansas City Star, KCTV5's reporting partner, said Lisa's bedroom in her Northland home remains virtually as it did on Oct. 3, 2011. Stuffed animals line her crib while photos and other personal items adorn the walls.

"We knew from the beginning that time works against us in these cases," Capt. Steve Young, spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department, told KCTV5 Wednesday.

But he emphasized that the passage of time, "doesn't diminish the dedication, effort and commitment that detectives are using toward the case."

Police have cleared more than 1,500 leads. Young said some leads remain to be checked out, but tips are prioritized and those remaining are not considered promising.

Irwin and Bradley reported their 10-month-old daughter missing at 4 a.m. Oct. 4, 2011. They said she was snatched from her crib and they had nothing to do with her disappearance, but Bradley has said she expects to be arrested in connection with the case.

Because police have honed in on Bradley in particular, the couple's defense attorneys have declined to allow them to submit to separate interviews. The couple and their Kansas City attorney last met with police on Feb. 2. The meeting was facilitated by Kansas City area resident Craig Hill of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

A representative for the group refused last month to answer questions about the meeting, referring questions to police.

The short meeting did not lead to any significant developments, police have said, but have not discussed the meeting indepth.

Police have not publicly identified any suspects or persons of interest. However, police and the couple's attorneys admit that police have been unable to clear Lisa's parents.

John Picerno, the couple's Kansas City attorney, told the Star that the parents are available to investigators.

"There is no evidence that I am aware of that points to her (Bradley) in the remotest way of being involved," he said.

But Bradley was evasive and lied in public interviews about her actions in the hours before Lisa was reported missing.

Bradley initially described putting her daughter to bed at 10:30 p.m. with her favorite toys and blanket along with a pacifier. The Amber Alert issued said she was last seen at 10:30 p.m. by her mother.

"I gave her bottle and put her to sleep, and that was when we last saw her," Bradley said.

After police obtained surveillance video of Bradley and her brother purchasing a container of wine at a Northland grocery store, Bradley publicly revised the timeline of events.

She said she spent hours outside on the stoop of her home drinking with a next door neighbor whose marriage had fallen apart and whose husband moved out that night.

Bradley claimed that she had been drinking enough that night to black out and that she in fact saw her sick daughter last at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 3, 2011, and did not follow the family's normal nighttime routine. She also could not, or would not, answer key questions about that night.

Kansas City police maintain that the disappearance is still classified as a missing or abducted child and the Crimes Against Children detectives - not homicide detectives - are investigating the case.

However, when police sought on Oct. 18, 2011 a search warrant for the home on Lister, police listed the items that they wanted to seize. Three blocks were checked.

The last one checked said the extensive search would include seeking "deceased human fetus or corpse."

A cadaver dog on Oct. 17, 2011 hit on the scent of a dead body on an area of the floor beside the bed of Lisa's parents. Police will not say whether other cadaver dogs were brought into the home and also detected the presence of a dead body, but standard law enforcement practices would lead police to have more than one cadaver dog brought in to confirm the findings.

"During an investigation, there are a lot of pieces that need to be explored. Clearly the cadaver dog is public record," Young said. "Everyone knows a cadaver dog was involved. That was one of the many parts of this investigation - unless driven by more evidence the case will remain with the Crimes Against Children Unit."

Young said police remain hopeful they will be able to crack the case of Lisa's disappearance.

The family did not seek any attention from local or national reporters to mark the 6-month anniversary or to push the case back into the national spotlight. Irwin and Bradley last spoke publicly on the 4-month anniversary.

In March, a website popped up about the case. FindLisaIrwin.com was created by Bradley, aimed at finding her daughter, who the parents believe has been sold or being raised by someone else who wanted a beautiful baby. Updates were made and comments from supportive people from across the country were shared.

But just before the 6-month mark, the site was pulled down for maintenance. The site was back operational Wednesday after some changes were made.

Picerno told the Star that Bradley has given more than 100 pages of handwritten notes and other materials to investigators about her thoughts on the case and her recollections on the hours in question.

Lisa's paternal aunt, Ashley Irwin, issued a statement exclusively to CNN's Jim Spellman.

"At the 6-month mark, it really hits home just how long she's been gone," Ashley Irwin said.

The poignant statement said she knows her niece will have aged and have perhaps longer hair that may have darkened.

"I think about how adorable she would be in a little Easter dress and think about Mother's Day around the corner and it breaks my heart," she wrote. "The whole situation is extremely confusing, saddening and frustrating at the same time - it's definitely overwhelming. The lack of information is difficult to accept in a modern society such as ours, but we keep hoping and praying for a miracle."

http://www.kctv5.com/story/17332959/...win-grows-cold

I might be part of the minority, but I think it's possible the parents had absolutely nothing to do with her disappearance.

Missing baby Lisa: Is debit card fraud a clue?
    Eight months after child disappeared, parents’ frustration with police mounts

Their frustration with police mounting nearly eight months after their daughter vanished, the parents of a missing Missouri baby are hoping that a fraudulent debit card charge could be the breakthrough that helps authorities find their child.

Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, whose 10-month-old daughter Lisa disappeared on the night of Oct. 4, appeared on TODAY Monday along with their attorney to discuss the latest wrinkles in the case. In early November, just over a month after Lisa vanished, Irwin said his debit card was stolen. The card was suspended for a fraudulent charge for $69.04 while two other charges were attempted. He said the charge was made to a British website that advertises a service to legally change your name or your child’s name online.

The Kansas City police said they are investigating the claim, but that it does not appear to be a promising lead or anything more than a routine case of a stolen card. While the case of Lisa Irwin remains open, authorities have found very few leads.

‘We need answers’
    “I am a mess,’’ Bradley told Ann Curry. “I am frustrated. It has been almost eight months, and we’re not getting any answers. We understand that the FBI and the KCPD have a job to do, but we need answers. We need Lisa. The answer to us that we are looking at is unacceptable.

“I’m unhappy with what they’re telling me. It’s been too long. With this (stolen card) development, they’ve had it for a long time, and we still haven’t heard anything.’’

“That’s a long time for somebody to steal a credit card and wait to try to use it, and that’s one of the reasons why law enforcement will probably cast some doubts on the relationship between the two,’’ former FBI criminal profiler Clint Van Zandt told NBC News.

Irwin came home from work at 3:45 a.m. on Oct. 4 to find the door unlocked, the lights on and Lisa’s crib empty. Bradley admits to having had several drinks that night and does not remember the last time she checked on her baby.

A witness said that he saw a man carrying around a baby in a diaper around the time Lisa went missing, which is a lead the parents’ attorney, Joe Tacopina, believes should have been urgently pursued. Neighborhood handyman John “Jersey” Tanko, who has a history of break-ins, was questioned by police about his whereabouts that night, but was not declared a suspect.

“(The police) missed massive opportunities, including three witnesses that identified a man holding a baby that matched Jersey John’s description after midnight with just a diaper on,’’ Tacopina said. “It’s inconceivable that that wasn’t followed up on immediately.’’

Tacopina also said that a phone call was made at 11:57 p.m. on the night of Lisa’s disappearance on Bradley’s phone to a woman who is Tanko’s on-again, off-again girlfriend. Bradley had never dialed that number before, and her phone was stolen from the home on the night Lisa vanished.

“This is not a defense of (the parents),’’ Tacopina said. “This is about finding answers and finding their baby.’’

Anyone with information related to Lisa Irwin’s whereabouts is urged to call 816-474-TIPS.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/475028...rd-fraud-clue/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-i...4#.UBx8QE1lRBF

Baby Lisa Irwin: New Surveillance Footage of Mystery Man

By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27) and ROB NELSON
    Oct. 23, 2011
    New surveillance footage of a mystery man may support the claim by the parents of Lisa Irwin that their daughter was abducted.

In video obtained exclusively by "Good Morning America," a man dressed in white is seen leaving a wooded area, at 2:30 a.m. the night of Lisa's disappearance.

The family says Lisa was abducted and they point to key witnesses who saw a suspicious man that night, carrying a baby.

Mike Thompson told ABC News that he was on his way home from work around 4 a.m. on Oct. 4 when he saw a man in a T-shirt carrying a baby at an intersection about three miles from the Irwin home.

It was shortly after 4 a.m. that Lisa's parents said they discovered she was missing.

"[At] 4 a.m., 45 degrees, baby don't have a coat or nothing and this guy is walking down the street and I thought it was kind of weird," Thompson said.

He thought the sight was so unusual that he recalled considering offering the man and baby a ride home, but couldn't because he was on his motorcycle.

He later reported what he saw to police and told ABC News he is convinced the baby was Lisa.

Thompson described the man as around 5-feet-7, between 140 and 150 pounds and in his late 30s or early 40s.

A few hours earlier, a couple living three houses down from the Irwin family said they saw a similar sight. A woman and her husband said they saw a man in a T-shirt carrying a baby. They thought the situation was so unusual that they reported it to police on the morning of Oct. 4.

"It was shocking because I couldn't imagine anyone outside walking with their baby in the cold like that with no clothes on," the woman told ABC News.

Bradley has said that Lisa was wearing purple shorts and a purple T-shirt when she last saw her, but the neighboring couple said the baby they saw did not appear to be wearing any clothing.

"We seen the little arm, the leg, it didn't look like the baby had on any clothes, just a diaper," she said.

ABC News consultant and former FBI agent Brad Garrett said the timeline of events is strange.

"Are you going to logically abduct a child, let's say in the midnight area, then 2-4 hours later, you are spotted in the proximity of the neighborhood. I mean, that doesn't make any sense," he said. "It could be true, of course, but the logic of abducting a child is so you can take the child to some other location."

Dumpster Fire Investigation

GMA has also learned that police are investigating a fire that took place at a Dumpster at that same time, in that same area.

That dumpster fire could explain not only why burnt clothes were shown to Lisa's parents during their interrogation, but also why authorities searched an area landfill as part of the investigation.

The Dumpster where the fire occurred is emptied at the landfill.

The man who reported the fire told GMA that flames were shooting several feet into the air, and he believes some kind of accelerant was used.

Cadaver Dog 'Positive Hit'

Overnight, family lawyer Cyndy Short, gave GMA an exclusive tour of the home where Baby Lisa went missing.

It was the first time Short saw the home, and she said that what she found surprised her.

On Friday, cadavar dogs had a "positive hit" at the foot of the parents' bed. But last night, the rug was still there, intact.

"I thought the dog alerted on one side or the other of the bed, but as you notice as you walk around, all the carpeting is intact ... that is, it was not cut out to preserve. Whatever it was that the dog allegedly hit on ... I personally find that surprising," Short said.

The house has been searched multiple times by police. They came with a search warrant this week, but Short points out that very little has been disturbed.

The search was conducted Wednesday and police left with six small items, according to the search warrant: a multi-colored comforter, purple shorts, a small Disney character shirt, a glow worm toy, a "Cars"-themed blanket, rolls of tape and a tape dispener.

Police looked at a roll of carpet from the garage, but left it there.

The court document also indicated that Lisa's parents, Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, restricted police access to the home.

"The only areas extensively processed for DNA and fingerprints during the consent were the baby's bedroom and possible points of entry," the document states.

"The extent of the search had been limited in nature with consent" of the parents, police stated in the request for the search warrant.

The cadaver dog that searched the home on Oct. 17 with the parents' agreement "indicated a positive 'hit' for the scent of a deceased human in an area of the floor of Bradley's bedroom near the bed," the affidavit stated. The consistency and accuracy of cadaver dogs has been challenged in past cases.

The police request for the warrant said, "A more extensive and intrusive search needs to be completed at the property where the baby was last accounted."

New Clues Emerge

The document also contained a puzzling comment by Lisa's mother. "Bradley made the statement she did not initially look for her baby behind the house because she 'was afraid of what she might find,'" it said.

In addition, the police cited a "garden area with portions of dirt having an appearance of being recently disturbed or overturned."

Bradley has previously told investigators that Lisa was wearing purple shorts and a purple T-shirt when she last saw her on the night of Oct. 3, the night Lisa vanished.

The document also revealed that inconsistent stories from the "people involved" may have hampered the early stages of the investigaton.

"Investigative interviews with the people involved revealed conflicting information for clear direction in the investigation," the affidavit said.

The focus of the investigation this week has been largely centered on Lisa's parents.

The couple has retained two lawyers: well-known New York defense attorney Joe Tacopina and a local Kansas City attorney.

An anonymous benefactor is offering a $100,000 reward for Baby Lisa's safe return or the conviction of whoever took the little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bab...ry?id=17375065

No real new information here other than that the parents are still buying the child presents for various holidays and clothing for when she returns. Also some information that they hadn't let the brothers be interviewed? I wonder if they are genuinely sure they will find her or keeping up appearances? I'm wit the investigators on this one. I think mom did it, or one of those kids accidentally did something.

Sorry for the old thread bump I've just been catching up with this one. I hope answers surface!

I don't really have anything new to add. This case kind of sticks in my memory, because my daughter was born last October. So for the next few months, I was up a lot in the middle of the night, and I heard about it on the late night Nancy Grace rerun. (I know, I know, but there really isn't much else on at 1am). I can't decide if I think the parents did it or not. I wish this could be resolved, one way or the other.

There's video here http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...alk-radio-show that includes a little more of the radio interview than the article does. Maybe one of you wonderful people can track down the whole interview. I couldn't find it, but I didn't look super hard

Parents of missing baby Lisa speak on blog talk radio show

(July 12, 2013) KANSAS CITY, Mo. - "I absolutely 120 percent believe she is alive and we will bring her home," Deborah Bradley said on a radio broadcast Friday evening.

"It's getting beyond ridiculous that we can't find her," Lisa's father Jeremy Irwin said.

Their infant daughter, Lisa, captured the attention of people all around the globe after disappearing from her home in the middle of the night back in October of 2011.

"It was instant panic running around looking for her," Bradley said.

She did the majority of the talking during the hour-long blog talk radio show called "Missing and Exploited" hosted by a mother whose daughter is also still missing.

She went over the night Lisa went missing and talk extensively about the police investigation.

The family is convinced Lisa is alive and is being raised as someone else's daughter.

"The chances of Baby Lisa being in the Kansas City area, I don't believe, are all that strong," the family's attorney John Picerno said. "The national media and the exposure which has been the focus since the beginning is she is out there somewhere in the world and that somebody somewhere is going to see her."

For more information here is the Find Baby Lisa Irwin website. There is also a Facebook Page with information on the $100,000 reward.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...alk-radio-show
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Surely these people couldn't be that evil to put on a charade like that. Buying gifts and clothes. They would really have to be some souless beings. I hope that baby is alive somewhere being spoiled and doted on by someone who was desperate to have a baby. I don't want to think someone did something awful and then burned her in that dumpster.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

It's funny that this thread popped up again and so many people here were like 'if the cops were interviewing and interrogating them so much, they must be guilty.' Last night, my boyfriend's best friend was over and telling me how he found his brother, dead, in a car parked outside his house. The detective in charge of the case investigated him as the only suspect, interrogated him for 12 hours after he found HIS FUCKING BROTHER'S BODY, took dna samples from him, everyone he knew, etc. And then when they finally figured out what happened--he died after being supplied with drugs from a guy ripping off nursing home patients, at the guy's house, and the guy freaked out, crammed him in the car, and drove to my friend's house so they would find him--THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS HAD RUN OUT. So this guy couldn't be charged with shit and the cop had been making the family fucking miserable for a year after their devastating loss.

I guess eventually, the police department called to inform his family that the detective had been demoted because he'd been a boneheaded shmuck on a bunch of other cases, as well.

My point being, I'm wary of the police and I don't automatically think whatever avenue they're investigating is the right one.

I'm a little distrustful of the cops too. My family all agreed if we were ever to find ourselves in an interrogation room, to request we speak to our lawyer before speaking to the police. Even my aunt, who is a former police officer said that they will twist your words and try to break you down if they "suspect" you of a crime.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I didn't think there was a statute of limitations on homicide cases? Otherwise serial killers would most likely never be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by MBPearls View Post
    I didn't think there was a statute of limitations on homicide cases? Otherwise serial killers would most likely never be charged.
    There is no statue of limitation on homicide. I think the guy in that story ODed, he wasn't murdered.

Eta: I could be wrong though.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    There is no statue of limitation on homicide. I think the guy in that story ODed, he wasn't murdered.

Eta: I could be wrong though.
    No, you're correct. The kid would have been culpable for the drugs and body dumping. You only get charged with murdering someone if you supply the drugs they die on if you're Michael Jackson's doctor or some other high profile, big deal.

I may be missing something, and that wouldn't be new for me, but I don't understand how having signs up on a house is going to prevent anyone from thinking about Lisa. Her family certainly doesn't need a sign to remember her and the only other people who need to keep her in their memory are law enforcement and they're not going to be driving past the house.

Thread Information