Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dallas Martinez (2) dies after freeing himself from car seat

[QUOTE=HockeyGirl;3131995]yes!
    Those things are a pain in the ass when you dont have kids, but they are literally lifesavers when your toting around toddlers and drunk people

and Morbidt, I loved the part in your post about your gramma with grilled cheese and soap operas, it reminded me of myself when my grandpa died.
    Crazy story about the little boy and the jumprope. How old was his sister when she saw him die?[
    /QUOTE]

Thanks:-) I looked forward to our time together. The sister was probably 4 or 5 years old. Blood ended up all over her. We use to keep in contact with them after the accident, but lost touch over the years. They started therapy for her immediately. I know she had horrible nightmares for a time. She would hide in his closet and want to sleep in his bed. I hope she has been able to get through things. She should be 29 or 30 years old now.

My 2 1/2 year old daughter escaped from her car seat just the other day. Luckily I drive a 2 door car so she can't get out of the car as easily as this poor baby did. She was proud so as soon as she escaped she drew attention to herself by saying "look Mommy!" I also have one of those little mirrors you attach to your rear view mirror so you can safely see the back seats at all times.

Baby Houdinis. So obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I'm the same way. My interest in death started at a young age. My parents never shielded us kids from death and funerals. They never really explained it either. It was just, ""They're dead, gone to heaven, and are not coming back." How does a kid comprehend this? My gma died when I was 8 and I touched her in the casket and was talking to her and telling the people standing around that my Ninnie (that's what we called her) was cold and wouldn't wake up...
    I find that interesting, because at age 9, when my grandfather died, I completely understood what death was (at least the not-coming back part of it, if not understanding the whole concept fully). That was my first personal experience with death, so I find it strange that I understood so easily. If wonder if it was because both of my mother's parents had already passed away before I was born, so I grew up being told about them, and that they were dead, which meant they weren't here anymore. I don't particularly remember my grandpa's death as being extremely traumatic to me, but that might be because he was sick for a long time beforehand, which was the hardest part. I do remember that right after it happened, some awful kid who used to bully me all the time broke my favourite headband, and then laughed at me when I was crying, so I lied and told him that my grandfather had just given it to me before he died (total lie) so that he would feel really bad. It actually worked, and he apologized and didn't bug me for the rest of the day. I felt awful that I used his death to make someone else feel bad, though that bastard deserved to feel bad.

The only death I've ever personally witnessed was being in the room when my uncle died in the hospital. That was really shitty, and has always stayed with me, even though I wasn't particularly close to him, and it wasn't accidental or unexpected (he had lung cancer that had spread; we didn't expect him to die that day while we were there, but we it was inevitable). I mean, that is one of the only memories that is burned so well into my brain that I feel like I can literally "replay it" in vivid detail. I can't imagine witnessing something like this, or the story you told about your friend, too horrible :(

Quote Originally Posted by statro View Post
    I find that interesting, because at age 9, when my grandfather died, I completely understood what death was (at least the not-coming back part of it, if not understanding the whole concept fully). That was my first personal experience with death, so I find it strange that I understood so easily. If wonder if it was because both of my mother's parents had already passed away before I was born, so I grew up being told about them, and that they were dead, which meant they weren't here anymore. I don't particularly remember my grandpa's death as being extremely traumatic to me, but that might be because he was sick for a long time beforehand, which was the hardest part. I do remember that right after it happened, some awful kid who used to bully me all the time broke my favourite headband, and then laughed at me when I was crying, so I lied and told him that my grandfather had just given it to me before he died (total lie) so that he would feel really bad. It actually worked, and he apologized and didn't bug me for the rest of the day. I felt awful that I used his death to make someone else feel bad, though that bastard deserved to feel bad.

The only death I've ever personally witnessed was being in the room when my uncle died in the hospital. That was really shitty, and has always stayed with me, even though I wasn't particularly close to him, and it wasn't accidental or unexpected (he had lung cancer that had spread; we didn't expect him to die that day while we were there, but we it was inevitable). I mean, that is one of the only memories that is burned so well into my brain that I feel like I can literally "replay it" in vivid detail. I can't imagine witnessing something like this, or the story you told about your friend, too horrible :(
    I'm not sure why death didn't really sink in. I guess it was because anyone prior to my gma wasn't significant in my life to where I saw them often enough to sink in. My Mom's gparents were dead before I was born. She would talk about them, but they were never a part of my life, so I guess I didn't think about it. I just know that when my Ninnie died, it finally hit me that dead people don't come back. I'm weird. I kind of laughed at your story and the headband. Buttwipe boy totally deserved to feel bad!

I don't remember ever not understanding that dead meant dead and not coming back. Maybe because of growing up on a farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

My excuse is that I was raised by hillbillies.

Thread Information