Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alexis Rasmussen (16) was found dead a month after she was reported missing

Alexis Rasmussen (16) was found dead a month after she was reported missing

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17518169&hpt=us_bn7

OGDEN ? An Ogden teen disappeared last month without a trace, leaving family and friends desperate for answers.
    "It is like she just vanished," said Bryanna Jacobson, talking about the disappearance of her close friend Alexis Rasmussen.
    The disappearance of the 16-year-old has stumped her friends, family, and even police. Rasmussen left a babysitting job in Ogden on Sept.10 at around midnight and never came home.
    With no car, money or clothes, Jacobson says her friend wouldn't have run away. "I'm really trying to stay positive and just tell myself that she's going to come home, but I fear the worst, and I think we all do," she said. Rasmussen's family and friends have posted fliers everywhere. Jacobson also started a Facebook page) to spread the word.

With no car, money or clothes, Bryanna Jacobson says her friend Alexis Rasmussen wouldn't have run away.

The Internet is something Richard Davis didn't have to rely on when his daughter, Kiplyn, disappeared on May 2, 1995.
    "So we made our own posters. My family helped me put it up in different areas, and I went looking for her. I had friends helping me look for her," Davis said.
    He said he had an instant feeling his daughter was in trouble, even though police initially classified her as a runaway.
    "She wasn't streetwise," Davis said. "She didn't have any money. She didn't have her purse with her or her retainer for her teeth."
    He got the FBI involved, which eventually led to a murder investigation.
    "You have to use every resource you possibly can to find that person," Davis says.
    One local police agency not involved in either case says law enforcement takes every missing person's case seriously, working with the information the families provide.
    The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children also works closely with police. Leaders of the organization say each year 800,000 kids, mostly runaways, are reported as missing. Nearly all of them are recovered.
    Jacobson hopes her childhood friend is one of them. "If everyone can just keep their eye out and just (be aware) that these kids are missing," she said. "That would be a really good thing." Anyone with information about Alexis Rasmussen and her whereabouts is asked to call the Ogden police dispatch at 801-629-8221.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

The best article I could find was from yesterday and from our favorite, Nancy Grace. But yea, doesn't sound very good.

Body Found in Investigation of Utah Babysitter?s Disappearance

10/19/11

Police investigating the disappearance of a 16-year-old Utah girl announced Wednesday that they have discovered an unidentified body.

Late yesterday afternoon police were led to an undisclosed grave site in an isolated area of Morgan County by a confidential source,? North Ogden Police Chief Polo Afuvai told reporters at a brief news conference.

Afuvai said the body was taken to the medical examiner?s office for an autopsy to determine the identity and cause of death. Investigators are also processing evidence recovered from the scene to determine if the remains are those of Alexis Rasmussen.

Rasmussen, described as an ?endangered and missing juvenile? by Afuvai, was last seen while babysitting about a mile from her house on September 10. Her mother reported her missing after she did not return home the next day.

Police released few other details about the discovery or condition of the body Wednesday.

Rasmussen?s mother, Dawn Miera, told CNN affiliate KSL last week that her daughter has run away before, but never for very long and never without taking clothes or other items with her.

On September 10, Rasmussen went to the home of Eric and Dea Millerberg to babysit for their two children. KSL reported that surveillance video showed Rasmussen went to a Walgreens with Dea Millerberg around 10:20 pm that night.

At 11:30 pm, Miera texted her daughter and told her to just spend the night at the Millerbergs? house if they were still out, but Rasmussen never responded to that text or several others before it. According to KSL, Rasmussen did exchange texts with a boy around 12:30 am on September 11, but the content of those messages is unknown.

There were several possible sightings of Rasmussen reported in the following weeks, but none were ever confirmed.

Eric and Dea Millerberg were arrested on unrelated drug charges earlier this month. Since their arrests, police have conducted several searches of their house, but detectives would not say whether they were connected to the drug investigation or the Rasmussen case. They would not comment on what they were looking for or what, if anything, they found, KSL reported.

Afuvai called Rasmussen?s disappearance ?a very complex and difficult case? Wednesday. Police would not release the names of any possible suspects in the investigation.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Weber Consolidated Dispatch at 801-629-8221.
    Last edited by aphaziak; 10-20-2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: shitty formatting!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Wow, it's gotta be the people she was sitting for, the parents. I wonder if she knew these people well?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Wow, it's gotta be the people she was sitting for, the parents. I wonder if she knew these people well?
    Uh, or any of the people she potentially ran into on the way home, since she was on foot. Shame on those people for not driving her to her house, but she's also so who knows what kind of meet up plans she had with other people.

A body found in a shallow grave belongs to a 16-year-old girl who had been missing more than a month, authorities in Utah said Saturday.
    The Utah State Medical Examiner's Office confirmed through fingerprint and dental records that the body found Tuesday was that of Alexis Rasmussen, said North Ogden police spokesman Paul Rhoades. She was missing since Sept. 10.
    "This is certainly not the outcome we were hoping for," he said in a statement. "All indications are that Alexis was a very outgoing and loving person."
    He said an investigation continues into the cause of the teen's death, who might have been responsible for it and "why this tragedy occurred." Police have not named any suspects in the case nor specifically declared it a homicide.
    Family members have acknowledged that Rasmussen has run away before, and police previously said they were treating the investigation as a missing person case.
    In a statement on its Facebook page, Rasmussen's family asked for privacy during the grieving process, the Standard-Examiner in Ogden reported.
    A tip from a confidential informant led police to the grave site in Morgan County, a rural county north of Salt Lake City. The tip was directly related to the investigation into the girl's disappearance.
    Police said the North Ogden girl was last seen when she was babysitting on Sept. 10, but she reportedly left before midnight to meet a friend.
    Rhoades said officers have talked to that boy, but he said he only texted Rasmussen that night and didn't meet her.
    The couple she was babysitting for have since been arrested, and the mother has been charged with two felonies for fraudulent prescriptions. Authorities have said the charges are unrelated to the disappearance of Rasmussen.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I think it's the people she was babysitting for too. Who lets a sixteen year old walk home by herself? It just does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by irishkat View Post
    I think it's the people she was babysitting for too. Who lets a sixteen year old walk home by herself? It just does not make sense.
    Certainly no one I ever baby sat for. They either drove me home or, the in the case of the people 3 houses away, "Dad" always walked me across the street. I thought it was reeediculous then. Now I think it was sweet. I take that back tho. There was a woman who was a single parent who didn't... Couldn't leave the kids alone, she always had her co-worker take me home.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Certainly no one I ever baby sat for. They either drove me home or, the in the case of the people 3 houses away, "Dad" always walked me across the street. I thought it was reeediculous then. Now I think it was sweet. I take that back tho. There was a woman who was a single parent who didn't... Couldn't leave the kids alone, she always had her co-worker take me home.
    No reasonable person would let a teenager walk home unsupervised. If they are unreasonable, your parents probably would have known and not let you sit for them. I'm not sure I'll ever let Kennedy babysit. Too much can go wrong.

You guys are kidding, right? I never got rides from parents. I always rode my bike home or was meeting someone. They'd usually offer but I'd be on my way to something else afterwards.

You read stories all the time about teenagers who are like 'nah, I have someone picking me up!' and leave on their own.

[QUOTE=bowieluva;3137193]You guys are kidding, right? I never got rides from parents. I always rode my bike home or was meeting someone. They'd usually offer but I'd be on my way to something else afterwards.

You read stories all the time about teenagers who are like 'nah, I have someone picking me up!' and leave on their own.[/QUOTE

I'm quite a bit older than you, so maybe it was different, but none of the parents I babysat for would have let me take off on my own. Likely things have changed. Sigh.

I have to agree on the whole her leaving on her own seeming a little odd. I'm in my mid 20s, but the people I was sitting for would usually drive me home. Then again I was a bit younger than 16 at the time. I'm assuming at that point she would be able to drive, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Quote Originally Posted by irishkat View Post

I'm quite a bit older than you, so maybe it was different, but none of the parents I babysat for would have let me take off on my own. Likely things have changed. Sigh.
    Chivalry is dead. I honest to God never remember getting my own self home from a baby sitting gig. But of course I had parents who would have looked very darkly on such behavior. I never had a curfew, per say, because that implies that you are a free agent until the curfew. My parents were quite good about letting me do what I wanted to, but they needed to know what the plans were. So "Friday night, I'm babysitting for John and Vera, they should be home by 10:30 or so, then after that I want to catch the late show with the gang. " "All right. Why don't you have John drop you at the theatre (I'll let him know it's OK) and then you can ride home with Margaret... " "I'm baby sitting for Cathy and Mike Tuesday." "Oh that's league night. They won't be home until the bars close. If Mike has been drinking call me. I don't want you riding with him."

I actually could stay out later than a lot of my friends I just had to check in. This continued right up until I left for college at 17. Even longer really. If I was home during the summer, the folks wanted to know when to expect me, but then they always (from the time I was quite young) let me know what they were doing... "You and your Aunt Barb are having supper together, then the two of you can figure out what sounds like fun until about 9, then I expect you to be in bed, Dad and I are going to a drive-in so we won't be home until after midnight." We were a family, and nobody was a free agent.

Chivalry is dead. I honest to God never remember getting my own self home from a baby sitting gig. But of course I had parents who would have looked very darkly on such behavior. I never had a curfew, per say, because that implies that you are a free agent until the curfew. My parents were quite good about letting me do what I wanted to, but they needed to know what the plans were. So "Friday night, I'm babysitting for John and Vera, they should be home by 10:30 or so, then after that I want to catch the late show with the gang. " "All right. Why don't you have John drop you at the theatre (I'll let him know it's OK) and then you can ride home with Margaret... " "I'm baby sitting for Cathy and Mike Tuesday." "Oh that's league night. They won't be home until the bars close. If Mike has been drinking call me. I don't want you riding with him."

I actually could stay out later than a lot of my friends I just had to check in. This continued right up until I left for college at 17. Even longer really. If I was home during the summer, the folks wanted to know when to expect me, but then they always (from the time I was quite young) let me know what they were doing... "You and your Aunt Barb are having supper together, then the two of you can figure out what sounds like fun until about 9, then I expect you to be in bed, Dad and I are going to a drive-in so we won't be home until after midnight." We were a family, and nobody was a free agent.
    I like their parenting. I may have to consider how they handled curfew. It makes a lot of sense.

Also, a lot of teenagers are sneaky liars whose parents are relatively in the dark when it comes to what's really going on in their lives, who they're involved with, etc. By 16, I was staying out all night and going to parties and drinking and etc. Shit, by 14 I was doing those things.

Also, a lot of teenagers are sneaky liars whose parents are relatively in the dark when it comes to what's really going on in their lives, who they're involved with, etc. By 16, I was staying out all night and going to parties and drinking and etc. Shit, by 14 I was doing those things.
    Try that and you'd still be carrying a pillow to sit on if you were my dad's daughter, and you wouldn't have a car or a phone and you'd be watching Gunsmoke on TV.

Regardless of it is the norm any more to drive the babysitter home, she was out with the mother at Walgreens after she done babysitting. It's hard to imagine the woman would drive her back to the place she was sitting at and have her just walk home, rather than dropping her off.It's still possible the girl lied and said she didn't have to be home, but still..
    Lurker checking in.

Try that and you'd still be carrying a pillow to sit on if you were my dad's daughter, and you wouldn't have a car or a phone and you'd be watching Gunsmoke on TV.
    This. My parents had to know everything I did, down to the minute. If I wasn't where I said I was going to be when I said I was going to be there, hell. To. Pay. It was the days before pagers and cell phones. If I was at the mall and my friends wanted to go to McD's, you better believe I found a pay phone at the mall before I set foot out of it. My dad would count the miles on my car. Now my brothers, another story. They didn't have rules. Mom tried with my older brother by waking me up in the middle of the night to go look for him to tell him to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by YayMe View Post
    Regardless of it is the norm any more to drive the babysitter home, she was out with the mother at Walgreens after she done babysitting. It's hard to imagine the woman would drive her back to the place she was sitting at and have her just walk home, rather than dropping her off.It's still possible the girl lied and said she didn't have to be home, but still..
    Excellent point.

This is exactly how my parents were with me, and honestly the first time I have ever heard that from someone else. My friends all had curfews of some kind. My parents rarely, if ever, said no to me doing something, as long as I told them about where I was going to be, and what I was going to be doing. The only time I remember them saying no is when I was already in trouble for something else and grounded. They just always stressed to me that I could call them at any time to come get me from somewhere if I was uncomfortable, or if my ride had been drinking. If I ever have kids, that is definitely going to be the way I handle it. I never had to lie to them about where I would be going or anything for fear they would say no, like a lot of my friends did. Now, I didn't necessarily always tell the entire story (like hey, we're going to go get drunk), but they did know where I was, who I was with, and generally what I was doing. I think your are better off knowing where your kids are, even if they are doing something you wouldn't approve of, then having them lie and say they are going to the movies when really they are at a party somewhere.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/k...,2914824.story

The couple are now 'persons of interest'

He said possible charges against suspects could include at the very least desecration of a corpse.
    weeeeeiiiiiiiiirrrrddddd

The Millerbergs. What a nice looking couple...

Eric has a long criminal record dating back to the early 1990s, with charges filled across the Wasatch front involving burglary, drug possession and stolen credit cards.

The latest arrest was on October 7th, when both Eric and his wife Dea were arrested on drug charges. Two days later, their home was searched by Weber County Homicide Task Force.
    http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...EXdU75eGw.cspx

I think it is likely that since this young girl ran away once, she may not have gotten the full attention of the authorities as soon as she deserved to. How sad.

RIP Alexis
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

My parents would have taken one look at that couple and never have allowed me to babysit for them. On a different note, I love this girl's last name. Rasmussen = awesome!

they have some adorable kids.

Thread Information