Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliayah Lunsford (3): Missing from Weston, West Virginia since 09/24/2011

Aliayah Lunsford (3): Missing from Weston, West Virginia since 09/24/2011

Authorities Searching for Missing 3 Year-Old Girl

The search continues in Lewis County for a missing three year-old girl who seems to have vanished from her home.

Emergency crews spent nearly 12 hours Saturday searching for Aliayah Lunsford, and they say they plan to continue the search until they can find answers for her family.

Police began searching for Aliayah around 11:30 a.m. Saturday after her family reported her missing from her south Weston home. K-9 units from both Lumberport and the South Charleston State Police Detachment combed the area for any sign of the 3-year-old, and police say one dog lead them down the street and near the banks of the West Fork River.

A professional dive team was called in and searched the water for hours. The crew ceased searching around 11 p.m. Saturday evening, and will resume Sunday morning.

Aliayah is about 3 feet tall and weighs about 30 pounds. She has long brown hair with curls on the end and brown eyes. She is missing her four front teeth. She was last seen wearing purple Dora pajama bottoms and a pink princess sweatshirt.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, call the Lewis County Dispatch at (304) 269-8241.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/l...-year-old-girl

http://www.facebook.com/find.aliayah?sk=wall

i hope they find this little girl.

5 NEWS UPDATE: Search Continues for Missing 3 Year Old Girl

As dive teams from multiple counties slowly search the water near her home, Aliyah Lunsford's family is still waiting for word of the missing three year-old. They're now reaching out to the community for help.

"Around 9 or 9:30, I went back in to wake her up and she was gone," said Lena Lunsford, Aliayah's mother.

Three year-old Aliayah Lunsford went missing from her Bendale home Saturday morning, and ever since, search teams have turned her typically quiet neighborhood upside down in hopes of bringing her home.

"We've done a foot canvas of the neighborhood, used K-9s, now we have divers in the water. We've entered her in as missing," said Sgt. Michael Posey of the Lewis County Sheriff's Department.

Family members say Aliayah is a shy child. They say she never talks to strangers and would never have wandered off alone.

"She never leaves the house unless an adult is with her. She wouldn't have come out in the yard, or the road for that matter, without her mother," said Joann Evans, Aliayah's Grandmother.

Saturday, K-9 units from Lumberport and the South Charleston State Police Detachment combed through the surrounding area and picked up a trail just down the road. A search that started in the Dennison Street home has lead crews to the banks of the West Fork River, but police say they're still unsure if the river holds the answers to Aliayah's disappearance. Police say they've dealt with missing persons cases in the past, but Aliyah's is unlike any other.

"Right now there are no clues leading us anywhere. No clues. It's like she's just disappeared," Posey said.

And as family members wait out the search, they say all they can do is ask for your help, and pray for answers.

"They are doing everything that they possibly can, but the more people we can get to help, the better chances of bringing her home," Lunsford said.

"We love her. We miss her," Evans said.

"We want her home," Lunsford said.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/l...-year-old-girl

of course. she just disappeared into thin air. and how is she missing 4 front teeth at 3?? the mom drove around all night instead of calling 911...im sorry, but i don't believe the mom's story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    of course. she just disappeared into thin air. and how is she missing 4 front teeth at 3?? the mom drove around all night instead of calling 911...im sorry, but i don't believe the mom's story.
    Oh ye of little faith. She drove around for two hours, not all night. Still very weird, though, especially since grandma says the kid wouldn't have set foot outside alone. I wonder about the teeth, too.
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    Oh ye of little faith. She drove around for two hours, not all night. Still very weird, though, especially since grandma says the kid wouldn't have set foot outside alone. I wonder about the teeth, too.
    i've been on this site for too long. still think the whole story is weird, though.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Maybe she was a really hardcore thumb sucker and she lost those teeth first?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

wouldn't they just come out crooked instead?

my 3-year-old niece tripped and fell onto some brick steps on her 3rd birthday and knocked her two front teeth out, so she'll be without them until her big teeth come in. although, that is just two teeth, and not four. four teeth does seem a bit much for an accident.

you hate to hope that someone else grabbed her and not that the mom did it, but it just breaks my heart to even imagine someone hurting their own baby.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebuddy View Post
    my 3-year-old niece tripped and fell onto some brick steps on her 3rd birthday and knocked her two front teeth out, so she'll be without them until her big teeth come in. although, that is just two teeth, and not four. four teeth does seem a bit much for an accident.

you hate to hope that someone else grabbed her and not that the mom did it, but it just breaks my heart to even imagine someone hurting their own baby.
    same here, but nowadays, nothing surprises me anymore

The first thing I thought of was bottle rot with those missing teeth. And could they not have produced a better picture of the child? If Sam went missing, I wouldn't want to give his most miserable looking face shot to authorities. Is she not near tears in that first picture?

Hmmmm i might be with Beli.
    Im always skeptical when children disapear into thin air while at home

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    The first thing I thought of was bottle rot with those missing teeth. And could they not have produced a better picture of the child? If Sam went missing, I wouldn't want to give his most miserable looking face shot to authorities. Is she not near tears in that first picture?

Well if she is missing or dead, she definitely isn't gonna be smiling. :\

You must not know 3 year olds, Chaunce. My kid would leave with you and as long as you didn't inflict pain, he'd be super happy. He loves strangers. People must think we abuse him, given how nice he is to everybody he meets.

You must not know 3 year olds, Chaunce. My kid would leave with you and as long as you didn't inflict pain, he'd be super happy. He loves strangers. People must think we abuse him, given how nice he is to everybody he meets.

Well, not many kids are kidnapped and taken on joyrides though.

Truth. She's not kidnapped, though. The same people that let her sleep with soda in her bottle so her baby teeth rotted out know what happened to her.

Truth. She's not kidnapped, though. The same people that let her sleep with soda in her bottle so her baby teeth rotted out know what happened to her.
    Yeah. Sadly this.

Although it is possible that there was another cause for the missing teeth. I knew one little girl who simply didn't get baby teeth... but much more likely bottle rot.

And yeah once in a rare while a child is snatched right out of their home, Polly Klass (sp?) and Elizabeth Smart come to mind, but ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Milk or juice can cause baby bottle rot.

They still haven't found her. :(

I heard the mother, Lena, was/ is in the hospital having her twins.

I don't get the whole driving around for 2-3 hours before calling 911. Panic or no panic, I call b.s.

Officials still hoping to locate missing W.Va. girl

WESTON, W.Va. — A couple thousand volunteers and several law enforcement agencies have been involved in the search for a 3-year-old girl who turned up missing from her family's home on Saturday morning.

Officials remain hopeful they will find Aliayah (uh-LEE-uh) Lunsford, who was last seen at her home in the small community of Bendale outside Weston at 6:30 a.m. that day.

Although the Lewis County Sheriff's Department is leading the investigation, the FBI is taking a larger role.

The family home on Dennison Road has been declared a crime scene, and FBI investigators were searching the residence Wednesday.

Because dogs tracked the child to the riverbank earlier in the search, divers from various agencies continue to search the nearby West Fork River. Volunteers and law enforcement officers are searching the river's banks.

A pond along U.S. 19 a short distance from the river and about a mile from the child's home also was being searched.

The pond was surrounded by crime scene tape Wednesday, and FBI special agents were taking pictures in the vicinity. Members of the Weston Fire Department appeared to be draining water from the pond.

FBI Special Agent Jeff Killeen would not say exactly what authorities were looking for in the pond.

"This is an ongoing investigation, and we're still very hopeful that we'll find this child and put her back with her family," Killeen said.

However, Killeen said time is becoming very critical.

No Amber Alert has been issued because the case does not fit the criteria, FBI officials said during a press conference Wednesday morning. An Amber Alert requires a vehicle description and license plate number.

Killeen said authorities would follow any leads that are discovered.

The search continued until about midnight Tuesday. Killeen was unsure if authorities and volunteers would continue the search throughout Wednesday night.

Mike Young, the retired chief of the Weston Fire Department, has been assisting with the search. He said about 15 divers were called from various counties on Sunday to search the river. He said about one-third mile of riverbed has been covered.

The water is murky, Young said.

"Visibility is about two or three feet," Young said. "It's always hard searching river water in West Virginia."

Killeen said while abduction is being considered, authorities have no suspects.

The little girl's family has been moved to an undisclosed location, he said.

Hundreds of volunteers have been scouring the woods and riverbanks near the home since the girl was reported missing. Local businesses have donated numerous items from food to bottled water to those helping with the search.

A makeshift headquarters for the volunteers has been set up in the Weston Armory, which is near the Lunsford home. Volunteers stream in and out of the Bendale United Methodist Church next to the armory to eat and get some much-needed rest.

Pastor Mary Conley of the Bendale church said community members have offered a "tremendous" amount of support to the volunteers and authorities.

Food has streamed in from companies such as Walmart and even local church groups.

"The response from the community has been awesome," Conley said.

She said community members remain optimistic Aliayah will be found.

"No one has given up," she said. "We're praying for her daily.

Conley said she was shocked something like this could happen in the small, close-knit community.

"You'd expect something like this to happen in the big cities," she said.

Although her church is a short distance from the Lunsford home, Conley said she had met the family on only one occasion. That was during a clothing drive at the church.

She described Aliayah as quiet.

"She was a mannerly child," she said.

Lewis County Commission President Agnes Queen has been on hand at the armory and church since the search began to help organize volunteers. She estimated about 2,000 volunteers have helped with the search since it began Saturday.

Like Conley, Queen said the child's disappearance has shocked her.

"You wouldn't think it would ever happen here," she said.

Joyce Marple, 49, of Weston thinks authorities should begin looking more closely at the possibility the girl was abducted.

"It's been four days and they haven't found nothing," Marple said. "They need to start looking someplace else."

Stanley Young lives in Freemans Creek, a few miles from where the search is taking place.

He said he understands the anguish the family must be going through since he has a granddaughter who is nearly 3.

"You hope you're isolated from stuff like this because you live in a rural community," Young said. "But you can never let your guard down."

Charity Sypolt of Buckhannon said she never expected something like this would happen in the small city of Weston.

"I just pray she comes home safe," she said.

Cathy Skinner of Weston lives a short distance from the Lunsford home. Skinner said she was impressed with the level of community support.

"I can't believe something like this would happen this close to home," she said.

Amy Kelly, 28 of Copley, a few miles from Bendale, also was horrified to hear the little girl had come up missing.

"That little girl isn't my daughter, but it really hurt me when I heard the news," she said.

Aliayah was last seen by her mother, Lena, at 6:30 a.m. Saturday. The mother told authorities she put the child back to bed and then discovered she was missing about 9:30 a.m.

The mother reported the child missing about 11:30 a.m. She said she drove around the area for about two hours looking for the child.

Aliayah has shoulder-length brown hair and brown eyes. She is about 3 feet tall and weighs about 35 pounds. She was last seen wearing purple pajama bottoms and a pink sweatshirt. She is missing four front teeth.

The Morgantown Fire and Police departments have been assisting in the search as well as Mountaineer Diving Marine Search and Rescue Inc., the Appalachian Search and Rescue Conference from Pittsburgh and the Lower Kiski Emergency team from Pennsylvania.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/201109283102

i know they said they couldn't give the mom a lie detector test because of her pregnancy,she has 4 other kids her 2 oldest kids were taking away from her,the youngest is 8 months old,CPS was about to check up on the kids right before aliayah went missing. i read all this on nancy grace's facebook page.

Milk or juice can cause baby bottle rot.
    Yeah, no doubt. I did daycare for a number of years and can honestly say I never in the hundreds of kids I saw, saw anyone missing 4 teeth. Seems a little excessive.

Yeah, no doubt. I did daycare for a number of years and can honestly say I never in the hundreds of kids I saw, saw anyone missing 4 teeth. Seems a little excessive.
    Becky had baby bottle rot and she had surgery to fix it. I don't know how they come to be missing teeth with it, unless they just don't do anything about it and they rot completely away? Sounds painful.

Becky had baby bottle rot and she had surgery to fix it. I don't know how they come to be missing teeth with it, unless they just don't do anything about it and they rot completely away? Sounds painful.
    The one little girl I did see with it had two little black nubs on her top two front teeth. She wouldn't bite into anything (like a sandwich), which to me, supports your idea that it is painful. The director of the program addressed it with the mother and the rotted two teeth were extracted. It looked a million times better than two black nubs in her mouth.

I know the mom seems suspicious, but have they mentioned anything about the father of the little girl??? Is it possible he took her? Maybe there was a custody issue? I'm sure if there was they would've mentioned it....but I can't seem to find anywhere in the articles where they mention Aliayah's father (unless I'm totally blind, which is a possibility lol).

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I know the mom seems suspicious, but have they mentioned anything about the father of the little girl??? Is it possible he took her? Maybe there was a custody issue? I'm sure if there was they would've mentioned it....but I can't seem to find anywhere in the articles where they mention Aliayah's father (unless I'm totally blind, which is a possibility lol).
    The mother claims that the biological father doesn't even know about Aliayah.

they said they will not mentioned his whereabouts, or i could be wrong...i need to find that article...brb

Thread Information